3DXChat Community

DJing in public places... Rules make no sense

JessicaX

Oh but he does.. when you record a set... the tracks do not change. its one long file. :)  its very clear when someone if playing a mix or playing files. 

And also, again, most DJs here record and upload to mixcloud.. so why I am I the only one being persecuted for it?

If the rules are not applied equal for everyone, there's a problem imo

I have read through the entire post and have seem where you are trying to make this sound all about you putting music on mixcloud as being the entire problem.

In your 1st post you put this in relations to "Content Unlimited"....

"This service has been used by a number of public DJs because it's a much cheaper option to get the tracks you want and also allows us to take requests which other players love."

I am sure that will have been in the original discussion you had with Achilles to or it would not have become such an issue.

You have stated you use that service to supply songs for when you play in 3DX, and I am willing to bet you did that in the discussion you had in that group chat you refer to.

Achilles may have said he does not agree with you putting stuff on mixcloud like that, but his concern has been over you using that service for streaming in 3DX and the doubts on its legalities.

As it is his server and his responsibility entrusted to him by Gizmo you really had no right to question it, especially in the public forum.

You can try convince everyone it was all about you putting stuff on mixcloud, but you know it is not about that.

The issue could very well be with the service itself, but why was the call made to not allow CU tracks in public IMMEDIATELY after he found out I record my mixes? :)

And again, I have shown that CU is licenced and legal to use in public. Everyone else would know this if they put even just a TINY bit of effort and not just assume everything. so both points have been addressed many times over in this thread..

Guest Twiggy

You have shown no such thing Jessica, where in any of the information you have shown does it say they give you the right to stream out that music to others.

I am not 100% sure and i can't be bothered looking because i would doubt very much you will find they say that anywhere on their website.

Streaming to others requires a different license to playing the song streamed to you to people in the residence you are in in rl.

You can have 100 people in your home and play it to them, but you will find you cannot stream it out to 100 different people over the net.

Find in there where it says you can then you will have something, but i doubt you will able to do that.

You have shown no such thing Jessica, where in any of the information you have shown does it say they give you the right to stream out that music to others.

I am not 100% sure and i can't be bothered looking because i would doubt very much you will find they say that anywhere on their website.

Streaming to others requires a different license to playing the song streamed to you to people in the residence you are in in rl.

You can have 100 people in your home and play it to them, but you will find you cannot stream it out to 100 different people over the net.

Find in there where it says you can then you will have something, but i doubt you will able to do that.

Technically you are 100% correct.. everyone streaming to a room is doing so illegally. :)

Again, that has nothing to do with what we are discussing tho. Achilles had the proper licences on public servers. Well i can't prove that, i just went by what he said, which means anyone that used public servers to stream would have been protected, and thats the way it was done, so... that leaves anyone that does not have that licence is illegally streaming. That goes for ALL of us... you are 100 correct. But that's not what any of this is about.

Also the legality of using CU in public has been posted so many times. Ive actually posted the exerpt from their website 3 times. I really dont think we need it a 4th time.

Alright guys, what if a mainstream dj, like Martin Garrix or Tiesto was using CU and VDJ8 and they recorded and put on a music streaming website,  would that make it illegal? No, that's the reason CU was developed by the VDJ team, so anyone who DJs can have the music there to use. VDJ wont let you record your live mix in their program but there is nothing in their Terms and Conditions/ User Agreement that says you cant use a third party to record your mixes. Because when you look for a song on CU and play it, the software shows that you steamed/played that song.  Yes he sets the rules, and its his ass if something was to go wrong, like someone using YouTube downloaded music, but at the same time, it seems like he over reacted with the mixxcloud recording. Thats just my imput from all of this.

Both CU and Mixcloud have blanket licenses that allow DJs to stream music, their entire service was designed for this type of public streaming. The requirements do vary by country to cover this, the venue (the server it was being hosted on) needs to cover the additional license.

Either way, playing music from Google Music, iTunes and Amazon Music should all fall under the same scrutiny as CU. Because I can tell you these three services were not meant for stream music to the public, like CU was meant for.

Alright guys, what if a mainstream dj, like Martin Garrix or Tiesto was using CU and VDJ8 and they recorded and put on a music streaming website,  would that make it illegal? No, that's the reason CU was developed by the VDJ team, so anyone who DJs can have the music there to use. VDJ wont let you record your live mix in their program but there is nothing in their Terms and Conditions/ User Agreement that says you cant use a third party to record your mixes. Because when you look for a song on CU and play it, the software shows that you steamed/played that song.  Yes he sets the rules, and its his ass if something was to go wrong, like someone using YouTube downloaded music, but at the same time, it seems like he over reacted with the mixxcloud recording. Thats just my imput from all of this.

Nailed it.

not sure if you got the memo but public djing was canceled like 20 posts ago . you said you felt like you were singled out. well, now nobody is djing in public so in a way you won. 

not sure if you got the memo but public djing was canceled like 20 posts ago . you said you felt like you were singled out. well, now nobody is djing in public so in a way you won. 

Did I say I was singled out? Please show me where I said that. 

I said I was retaliated against because I did something that someone else didn't like. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you wouldn't like that either. Have a nice evening Rob :)

Q8TBmJ2.png

This taken directly from the RIAA website located at: https://www.riaa.com/resources-learning/about-piracy/

The last sentence is very telling: "Regardless of the format at issue, the same basic principle applies: music sound recordings may not be copied or distributed without the permission of the owner."

Everyone that has an active Mixcloud account is infringing against copyrights. The fact that I do it in a different way is irrelevant. The laws seem pretty clear to me. If you are going to look down on me for it, you need to be looking down on EVERYONE that records mixes and uploads to Mixcloud. 

point being, there is no more public djing, so whats the point of dragging this out? unless you are attempting to not look like the bad guy. then by all means, knock yourself out. hagn also

point being, there is no more public djing, so whats the point of dragging this out? unless you are attempting to not look like the bad guy. then by all means, knock yourself out. hagn also

Don't be delusional. Jess wanted to stream with CU (which majority of the DJs in 3dx do), and you know who said no because he didn't like that she was recording her mixes. He wasn't being reasonable, so she is seeking help from her audience to voice what seems to be an unfair decision to remove CU as a legal source of streaming content. Instead of saying, "Okay, CU is legal music" a fit was thrown and public servers shut down.

It is like shutting down all the public schools in your city because a parent voiced a complaint against one of the teachers. x.x

The thing is the recent disussion was just the drop that made the barrel overflow. The whole drama about DJing and not DJing and who can and who cant is going on since some years now and it got worse this year... so I can really understand why Achilles did what he did.

Its been building up along time now and some of us saw it coming already, as beeing a DJ or DJ host is a very unthankful job and instead of appreciation you get more drama and stuff. So now we have it... no more public DJing which should make everyone happy. Especially thoose that were very displeased with the music selection that was played here. The other half wont even notice a difference so its all good.

I just feel a bit sad for thoose people that actually enjoyed what we did but its always like that. Good stuff dies to the hands of people that are never happy.

With this reply I am out of this thread. I guess we better just deal with the current situation. Nothing we say will change what happened.

gahhh, no more MissyB?????

Guest SayaX

it was his money, his servers. have a problem with it, put your money where your mouth is

What would moving on and just accepting it achieve? Nothing. I am sure there are a few people here who would be willing to take up where Achillies left off as a group and share the costs of a legal server and decide on official DJs. Achillies and Ash are the only ones who hold the key. There are plenty of other people willing to step up.

The devs have two choices now. Either they do something themselves to let DJs in public places or they trust the community to organise something themselves. Places like Fresco are usually dead yet with a good set of DJs you can get 180 people in a room. LI and Sin have picked up thanks to the public DJs. The game needs public DJs otherwise this game is going to be worse off. So there is every reason to keep this going not just for the benefit of the community but for the benefit of SGD if they do not get this public DJ thing sorted out.

It is an integral part of the game. Sure it is a sex game but music is probably even more important. It is a social community where people meet. I can seriously see long term members quitting this game if this is not sorted. And new members maybe join for 2 weeks, get bored of the sex and leave.

The devs seem so caught up on the whole Unity 5 thing and lack transparency with community that they lose focus on what makes this game what it is. It is the people who make this community. The people who provide music, rooms, parties, user created content. All of which could be improved instead they are focused on some sexier graphics.

So this is what you JESSICA fucked up on a bitch on me for how long Saturday night? You screwed up. And blamed me. Iol     

Welcome to forums Rob. The issue between you and I from Saturday is a private matter and has nothing to do with this post in any way.

Besides, i don't think you want everyone knowing what you did  ;)

Thanks for the Music and the entertainment you Dj's provided to us for so long. Thanks to Achilles for providing the servers and the effort to manage it all.

I'm sad that the public places now fall back into radiostreams, but it is how it is.

I hope that someone finds a capable solution, 3dx-public places without Live-Dj's... can't imagine this situation... all those great parties....

Hope dies last... 

What would moving on and just accepting it achieve? Nothing. I am sure there are a few people here who would be willing to take up where Achillies left off as a group and share the costs of a legal server and decide on official DJs. Achillies and Ash are the only ones who hold the key. There are plenty of other people willing to step up.

The devs have two choices now. Either they do something themselves to let DJs in public places or they trust the community to organise something themselves. Places like Fresco are usually dead yet with a good set of DJs you can get 180 people in a room. LI and Sin have picked up thanks to the public DJs. The game needs public DJs otherwise this game is going to be worse off. So there is every reason to keep this going not just for the benefit of the community but for the benefit of SGD if they do not get this public DJ thing sorted out.

It is an integral part of the game. Sure it is a sex game but music is probably even more important. It is a social community where people meet. I can seriously see long term members quitting this game if this is not sorted. And new members maybe join for 2 weeks, get bored of the sex and leave.

The devs seem so caught up on the whole Unity 5 thing and lack transparency with community that they lose focus on what makes this game what it is. It is the people who make this community. The people who provide music, rooms, parties, user created content. All of which could be improved instead they are focused on some sexier graphics.

as i said, put your money where your mouth is. and also do you think for one minute the devs would allow just anyone to do this? highly unlikey due to legal issues pertaining to  certain music being streamed or not streamed. there is a reason they let achilles do it, they trusted him.  As far as the music, you dont pay for live djing. if you can point out where it says you do i will apologize but im pretty sure you cant. it was an extra. an extra that now due to certain people is no longer available

My big thanks and deep respects  go to Achilles who provided us with his money, his work, his time and his heartblood for quite a long time.

You simply didn't earn all this bullshit.

Sad to see that some few selfish persons are able to destroy anything you were doing for the community and in fact destroying fun for a lot of ppl here.

Besides from that I highly agree on Shanti's words.

Music is intended to be enjoyed and bring ppl together and not to divide or split them. It just seems some ppl are not adult enough here to accept rules

that were clearly communicated in advance.

RobT said...

an extra that now due to certain people is no longer available

OliU said...

Sad to see that some few selfish persons are able to destroy anything you were doing for the community and in fact destroying fun for a lot of ppl here.

Only the provider is responsible for that.

Archilles paid for the servers

3dx benefited from that

THAT'S THE PROBLEM HERE

Live music is an integral part of any party.

And we saw a lot of official parties here.

3dx is responsible for the music played even if they do not pay for the servers.

So in my opinion they should maintain their own servers and also define the rules.

And of cause they can point out some of their members to manage the streams.

If they don't a lot of people will leave. 

Just my 5 cent.

I have been hearing this "if 3dx doesnt do this or that" people will leave for 2 years now and guess what, there are more people playing now then ever before. no live djs isnt going to kill anything. what it will do is piss some people off and it will harm the crowds that the public rooms get but then after the original bitchfest dies down people will just migrate to the user room parties. one other thing, i seem to see the devs getting flack but guess what, wasnt the devs fault achilles pulled the plug, wasnt even his fault, He should have prob done it sooner. 

Guest SayaX

as i said, put your money where your mouth is. and also do you think for one minute the devs would allow just anyone to do this? highly unlikey due to legal issues pertaining to certain music being streamed or not streamed. there is a reason they let achilles do it, they trusted him. As far as the music, you dont pay for live djing. if you can point out where it says you do i will apologize but im pretty sure you cant. it was an extra. an extra that now due to certain people is no longer available

Give me the opportunity and I would put my money where my mouth is. However, I don't have control of the stream and I doubt I ever will do as I don't tow the mantra of "the establishment". There are no one the developers trust unless you constantly tell the developers how great they are. If you are going to treat you customers guilty until proven innocent then they need to pull their fingers out and do something or it will be them who lose out as customers vote with their money and go somewhere else.

Until the developers start actually giving two tosses about their community and customers then I am not sure I want to even invest in this community further.

It is also not fair to blame Jess. As proven by the other long running thread about official DJs there are many different issues with the whole system. Jess is outspoken but thanks to her LI and Fresco have both been packed recently. People like Jess put a lot of effort, time and money into this place and it is the reason this place is a place people keep coming back to. Despite the lack of features this place remains popular thanks to the community DJs and party organisers.

This place has potential but the developers are killing my faith and a lot of other people's faith in this game. The lack of transparency, the lack of updates, the lack of support for DJs and other issues. The loss of someone like Jess would be a huge loss to the game.