3DXChat Community

DJing in public places... Rules make no sense

JessicaX

Maybe the best solution :)

Because for me personal brought this always more problems and Dramas, Complaining etc as positive effects.

Oh and Content Unlimited had in the past enough problems with Copyrights and used YouTube stuff origin ;)

My opinion?: Support for Art and Artist looks in my eyes a little bit other... A CU License for 9.99$/month and the DJ use maybe 249 songs each month so is this 4cent support for each song ^^ :lol: Question how much of this 4cent get the Artist?  :huh:

But again, it's not possible to check of all DJ's each month a License like this and also is it not possible to difference this stuff with illegal stuff about the Metadata!

And I've really no mood to discuss about streaming Services... What's next, the DJ's want stream Spotify?  :huh:

It's Fair and for each DJ possible to use his own legal library :)

That was 6 years ago when Grooveshark was one of their providers. This is NOT the case now.  These stories are normal for every service and very easy to find all over the internet:

2v6RilH.png

You can read this story: HERE

Does this mean iTunes is no longer legit?

Also, Meta data only shows so much information. Anyone that really wanted to can edit the Meta Data for any file and make it look legal so that's not even a good way to tell if a file is legal. I would be very happy and more than willing to send you screenshots of my VDJ licence and CU subscription every month if this is what you need. 

Havent you wondered that the record button is locked as soon as you play files from Content Unlimited? Its not locked because it is a bug its locked for a reason. That people dont rip songs the easy way.

So if you record a mix that consist of CU stuff only its basically ripping as you do a workaround that is far from working as intended. However your license + CU allows you to play your mixes via Stream but not recording it to upload them to Mixcloud or any other source of mixed music as you just "borrowed" the track.

Why it might have a bitter taste to you, I have to support Achilles. It is absolutely his right to decide what content is streamed on his server and what content is not. The people that are responsive for the copyrights of music here in germany take their job very very serious that I can assure you.

So theres two ways to deal with the current situation.

• Buy the tracks you play on Amazon, Beatport, Bandcamp or ect.
  • Keep it to the private Room parties with your own stream and play whatever music you like (As with your own stream you are responsible)

Since I ve became a DJ here I spend almost a 4 digit number in € on content I stream here. I never used CU because the legality questions of this is kinda a greyzone. Without wanting to start to brag about money spend on music I just want to point out that were are no Rent-a-Track DJ's really... expanding and stretching boundaries doesent cut it either.

Havent you wondered that the record button is locked as soon as you play files from Content Unlimited? Its not locked because it is a bug its locked for a reason. That people dont rip songs the easy way.

So if you record a mix that consist of CU stuff only its basically ripping as you do a workaround that is far from working as intended. However your license + CU allows you to play your mixes via Stream but not recording it to upload them to Mixcloud or any other source of mixed music as you just "borrowed" the track.

Why it might have a bitter taste to you, I have to support Achilles. It is absolutely his right to decide what content is streamed on his server and what content is not. The people that are responsive for the copyrights of music here in germany take their job very very serious that I can assure you.

So theres two ways to deal with the current situation.

• Buy the tracks you play on Amazon, Beatport, Bandcamp or ect.
  • Keep it to the private Room parties with your own stream and play whatever music you like (As with your own stream you are responsible)

Since I ve became a DJ here I spend almost a 4 digit number in € on content I stream here. I never used CU because the legality questions of this is kinda a greyzone. Without wanting to start to brag about money spend on music I just want to point out that were are no Rent-a-Track DJ's really... expanding and stretching boundaries doesent cut it either.

You are correct... it's illegal for me to record VDJ mixes with CU tracks.  That doesn't change the fact that its illegal for EVERYONE to record their mixes, even with purchased tracks. It also doesnt change the fact that CU is a legal source of music.

And the point still remains... What I do on my PC is MY business, not yours or anyone else's. 

Me streaming to a public location has NOTHING to do with me recording a mix. These are 2 separate things. You might not like the idea that I record mixes, but you do it too, and we are both illegal for doing so. Just because I do it in a different way doesn't make it any more legal for you. Its ALL illegal. And again it has nothing to do with streaming in public.

*ironic mode on* Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW we have in every 3dx Location Radiostreams, was this what you wanted to achieve?

GREAT JOB Jessica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *ironic mode off*

I didn't turn the streams off. I made a post stating the case against music subscription services being used as a legal source of music. The outcome was someone throwing a fit and changing the music in all the public locations. That was not my decision. I don't have the access to do that, so your disappointment is misguided.

he gave you a 2nd chance WÌTHOUT using UC, why couldn`t you accept it without trolling? YOU know 5 Djs, who use UC, I know 7 or 8 Djs who use LEGAL bought Music, doesn`t matter if the Music is from amazon, from Cd`s or beatport or wherever.

For me YOU gave him the only reason to shutdown the Network

*just MY 2 cents

he gave you a 2nd chance WÌTHOUT using UC, why couldn`t you accept it without trolling? YOU know 5 Djs, who use UC, I know 7 or 8 Djs who use LEGAL bought Music, doesn`t matter if the Music is from amazon, from Cd`s or beatport or wherever.

*just MY 2 cents

No, he didnt have a counter argument and i'm also disappointed in his actions, but shutting down the program is certainly not the right action. All I did was make a case for using the subscription service built within VDJ and then others somehow focused on recording mixes, which has NOTHING to do with streaming in 3dx.

Fact: He got upset with me because I record mixes... well sorry.. thats my business, not anyone else's. His way to retaliate was to stop CU because he knows I use CU, well problem is so do a bunch of other people.

Almost all public EDM DJs upload to Mixcloud. It's illegal to record and distribute any audio file without permission from the artists. Just because i work around DRM doesn't make the way others do it any more legal. How is this so hard to understand?

Also... there are NOT 7 or 8 public DJs using only purchased tracks, I asked around :)

*just MY 2 cents

Does this mean no one can DJ Now? if so not cool Gaming Communities have to follow centen rule we not have to understand them just follow them cause things like this Happen, I play in my room and I use what I buy and only what I buy, why cause I don't want my ass in a sling, I am sure chillies and the game same, a few yrs back another Game community I was in lost all it's Karaoke Player for not following the rules, I know a lot will not like what I say here, it's not about the one it's about the whole , now it seems we have all lost again 

*just MY 2 cents

He didn't give her a second chance, he basically took away her music source because he didn't like the idea that she was recording. It is not up to him to decide what she can do with her CU subscription.

You can't record music that you bought out of Google, Amazon, iTunes etc. And all of the DJ's have their mixes posted on MixCloud. It makes not sense for him to enforce rules arbitrarily just for CU.

I mix ALL of my sessions live, i do not record them and play them later. The ONLY reason i record them is to upload to mixcloud.

Wait, am I reading this right? Are you all saying there are no more public DJs?

Yes the servers went offline and ingame the default streamings are playing now

He didn't give her a second chance, he basically took away her music source because he didn't like the idea that she was recording. It is not up to him to decide what she can do with her CU subscription.

But its up to him to decide what he allows on his server since he pays / paid for it.

I mix ALL of my sessions live, i do not record them and play them later. The ONLY reason i record them is to upload to mixcloud.

Yep thats what I meant. You recorded sets with music from CU no matter if you played live or not. You recorded were you are not suppossed to record. Period.

Another thing we all should get straight... there was no CHANCES.  it wasn't like I messed up and Achilles gave me a 2nd chance. I didn't do anything wrong and I always followed the rules when Iw as on public 3dx servers. 

He did not like the idea that I record my mixes and upload them to mixcloud. Well i'm sorry, that's my business and no one else's. No one get's to tell me what I do on my PC.. and me recording a mix has absolutely nothing to do with streaming music. These 2 things are 2 separate issues. 

I record mixes too and upload them to Mixcloud. But I use music I purchased not the one I borrowed somewere from Content Unlimited (were Recording is locked anyway). Thats a huge difference.

But all in all it doesent matter now anyway. Looks like Private Party Streams will be very very popular from now on :)

Yep thats what I meant. You recorded sets with music from CU no matter if you played live or not. You recorded were you are not suppossed to record. Period.

What does me recording a mix on my PC have to do with streaming legal music in 3dx? 

YOU also record and upload mixes to mixcloud. I posted screenshot from RIAA website that shows any recording of any audio for any distribution is against copyright. You are just as in the wrong as I am. :)

Yes the servers went offline and ingame the default streamings are playing now

But its up to him to decide what he allows on his server since he pays / paid for it.

Let's face it, he threw a fit.

He was being unfair, whether it was his servers or not. Essentially, he was on a power trip.

Bottom line is: 

1. He wanted music streaming to be legal

2. CU is legal

3. Jess was streaming music from CU

This is all that should matter.

4. She was recording her mixes for her own purposes.  This is not anyone's  business except hers.

You can't be that oblivious and not understand the actual issue that is being raised.

I'm out of my element here. Let’s not panic. I'm sure the DJ community can find a way to reason with Achilles off line. Perhaps a closed meeting using a chat service where understanding and agreement can be achieved.

I record mixes too and upload them to Mixcloud. But I use music I purchased not the one I borrowed somewere from Content Unlimited (were Recording is locked anyway). Thats a huge difference.

But all in all it doesent matter now anyway. Looks like Private Party Streams will be very very popular from now on :)

YES it DOES matter!

eMUIxQn.png

Look at that last sentence:  Regardless of the format at issue, the same basic principle applies: music sound recordings may not be copied or distributed without permission of the owner.

Just because you buy your tracks and I use a subscription service makes NO DIFFERENCE. Its ALL illegal.

Also.. this still has absolutely NOTHING to do with streaming. Why do we keep confusing these 2 things?

I'm out of my element here. Let’s not panic. I'm sure the DJ community can find a way to reason with Achilles off line. Perhaps a closed meeting using a chat service where understanding and agreement can be achieved.

The thing is the recent disussion was just the drop that made the barrel overflow. The whole drama about DJing and not DJing and who can and who cant is going on since some years now and it got worse this year... so I can really understand why Achilles did what he did.

Its been building up along time now and some of us saw it coming already, as beeing a DJ or DJ host is a very unthankful job and instead of appreciation you get more drama and stuff. So now we have it... no more public DJing which should make everyone happy. Especially thoose that were very displeased with the music selection that was played here. The other half wont even notice a difference so its all good.

I just feel a bit sad for thoose people that actually enjoyed what we did but its always like that. Good stuff dies to the hands of people that are never happy.

With this reply I am out of this thread. I guess we better just deal with the current situation. Nothing we say will change what happened.