3DXChat Community

3DXChat 2.0 Discussion/Suggestions

jenie

The camera function needs to be fixed. Whenever you turn on the little camera menu and you turn off the interface, as soon as you click "Take Photo," the little camera menu disappears, and you have to hit Shift+Z to bring the interface back. Whereas in 1.0, the camera menu stays visible unless you manually turn it off. So far that's the only glaring mistake I've seen. I think 2.0 looks great, although it's now been several months since the initial rollout and there still hasn't been any new content added to the game. 

I cannot stress this enough: they NEED to set up something that allows users to create their own content to share with the community. Like, Skyrim had the Creation Kit, and The Sims has user-made software for creating your own items and clothing. That's what this game needs more than anything else; that way the devs can just focus on fixing graphics, GUI, animation and scripting, and we can all start to make our own clothes, furniture, etc. Provide users with the framework to generate their own clothes and designs, and the amount of content will skyrocket. 

Seriously, if they don't do something like this soon, I'm gonna learn Unity myself and start to add my own stuff. I'm astounded at how long it takes them to make new stuff.

Btw,Just use cheat engine as many do during the time you will learn how to use unity.Don't waist your time to wait for something...you will wait too long,so,yes,start to learn unity right away.

Guest Twiggy

I cannot stress this enough: they NEED to set up something that allows users to create their own content to share with the community. Like, Skyrim had the Creation Kit, and The Sims has user-made software for creating your own items and clothing. That's what this game needs more than anything else; that way the devs can just focus on fixing graphics, GUI, animation and scripting, and we can all start to make our own clothes, furniture, etc. Provide users with the framework to generate their own clothes and designs, and the amount of content will skyrocket. 

Seriously, if they don't do something like this soon, I'm gonna learn Unity myself and start to add my own stuff. I'm astounded at how long it takes them to make new stuff.

This is something that has been brought up in these forums very often, don't get me wrong in thinking you shouldn't be adding more as it seems the forums need to be flooded with something before any attention is paid.

There has been people in 3DX that have come here from other games where they have been successful in creating clothes and have done so for years.

They have tried to be able to do the same here but have got nowhere in getting the information and tools they need to do so.

Most of the people I know like that have gone back to the games where they have been successful, which is a real shame and loss for 3DX.

They simply gave up trying.

If you look here http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/3-upcoming-content/page-4&do=findComment&comment=29861 in Lisas upcoming content post you will see where she has a body that she fits clothes to.

How can anyone be expected to create clothes for 3DX if they do not have that body to fit the clothes they create to.

They just do not seem to want to do it.

There was a post done with what was meant to be instructions on how to go about it, but that post did not go anywhere near far enough in giving the information required to enable people to do so, let alone supply any tools they needed.

I have said before in these forums that I feel they are not very serious about it.

Now it is my opinion that they actually do not want it.

The devs seem to do what they want when they want, and that is becoming less and less.

They don't seem to want to have to commit themselves to anything or feel they could be committed to having to do things when required.

If people started creating custom content then the devs would have to do a little bit of work to add them to the game.

People that have created it would expect to have it added in a fairly timely manner, which would take a commitment from the devs to do so.

What appears obvious to me is that as I said before, the devs want to do what they want when they want and not feel committed to having to do things on demand.

They do not want it to interfere with the life style they have built for themselves with the money the game has produced for them.

Now this is all just my opinion and my opinion only, but I am not holding my breath for any custom content system to be added soon if at all.

You need the 'body' to make the clothes meshes. That takes a bit of learning Blender for and experience in learning how to optimize it so it doesn't create 'lag' - to keep it simple to understand.

However, they could easily release the 2D meshes for the clothing meshes they have already made in a mappack. I simply do not understand why they don't do this in conjunction with the forward movement of 2.0. I mean... it's free labor!!

730226.pngPTN_LaceFrontBoot_fullUV.jpg

A 2D map pack mesh for thigh high boots example

Let's use one example of how the thigh high boots can lead to 100's or thousands of styles alone. Sure, women can change the colors in 3DX - a great feature. But what about being able to re-texture them?  How about leopard skin, how about chains and buckles? How about lace, frills, different fabrics? All this and more could be done in Photoshop and submitted for approval - if they don't want to create the back end that allows people to just add their creations to a master clothing market.  This is just boots too. Each clothing mesh that already exists could lead to 100's and thousands of different variations. All they would need to do is set up the back end and have the ability for pages and pages of clothing.

After having watched what Utherverse went through when they went from Unity 4 to 5 it obviously isn't an easy upgrade. The benefits to 3DX users is that it would add another level of fun and creativity if user created content was accepted in some form.

Just had a look at the latest update. Awesome work as usual. The only downside for me is the black marble. I preferred it when the white detailing was subtle and could only be seen clearly via the reflection of a light source. Now it looks like a kitchen work surface.

Mainly though... bravo, keep up the great work :)

Guest TrixyTrump

I'm sorry if someone already ask for that but.... Are we going to get all the new things from the 2.0 for the 1.0 too one day ? :o

Laua,

The new stuff in 2.0 will never be carried over to 1.0.

2.0 is in Beta right now, but will eventually be the only option we have with the final roll out.

Trixy

I'm sorry if someone already ask for that but.... Are we going to get all the new things from the 2.0 for the 1.0 too one day ? :o

1.0 will be shut downed in the next few month's, reason why you'll never get all the new things from v2. Dev's have enough works to do with the V2 , I don't think it's in the plan to keep the old version running after they had completed the v2 imo

1.0 will be shut downed in the next few month's, reason why you'll never get all the new things from v2. Dev's have enough works to do with the V2 , I don't think it's in the plan to keep the old version running after they had completed the v2 imo

Hi,

I'm agree with Briana.

In my opinion there is no reason to keep in the future both version in parrallel.

For now, its because the betas is still in progress and some things have still to be corrected.

I hope to see as quick as possible only one new version on 2.0

Not sure if this the right place to bring it up, but would really like to see after patch 2.0 that it move more forward more options with user type rooms, go a bit more away from public zones. Plus add the existing Public areas to user room options, feel like most are moving over in user based rooms lately, which makes feel like getting more options to make user based hot spots that interest user. Likely a much better idea than hanging on to the static existing developer created ones, that less and less it seems visit now.

Think be better to develop and expand options what type of user rooms you can open, add existing public zones to those, like some already using the infamously considered by most Cheat tool to make anyways now.

Guest TrixyTrump

Kimmy to work off a bit of what you said, I agree. And if the dev's did not like the "creatively decorated" rooms, that make a few cool rooms that people could maybe "rent" and have their own parties there. Not like the gold in game is worth much anyway, lol.

I can remember when I first started, that Sin was a fun place, always a local chat. Yes, you might have a couple or two make a mess on the floor, but people talked. Now it just seems like people go there to be AFK.

Well........ let see how long it takes for the next update, lol.

Trixy

Gizmo would it be hard to give users a bathtub to place in our apartments with working animations since we do not have a shower as of yet? If not I have a suggestion that perhaps like you included the chairs and the table from the new yacht as usuable content that perhaps you can include the pool at the very back of the yacht to be used in our apartments where we would like to place it. Especially in apartment 2. Perhaps removing the base that's serving as steps and making it like the cubes and one of the tables to where you can click the top part of it to get on it then click inside the pool to get in it. That way the base wouldn't stand out in our apartments and some of us can at best have a bit of indoor water romance.

Thanks

Sorry I forgot about another suggestion. To turn the view outside of apartment 2 into a marina where there is actually palm trees as well as ships being docked.

One last suggestion.......maybe adding steam and bubbles to the pool at the center of the yacht. It's a very very small pool, so I think it would look better with steam and bubbles thus making it more like a small hot tub.

As always thanks!