3DXChat Community

3DXChat 2.0 Discussion/Suggestions

jenie

I have been defending the devs for a while now on this, well in a sense anyway. but I have one question that has been bugging me for a few days now.

It is my understanding that I think I actually got from something that was said in here, that Unity 4 did not allow for animations to be separate from our avis, meaning our avis carried all the animations with them.

I can remember it being said that Unity 5 will enable them to be able to separate the animations and reduce the workload on our computers and also something about because of that updates will be easier.

I noticed a few days ago that the second last update says that animations are no longer carried with our avis.

I was under the impression that update 337 was Unity 5, but somewhere someone has said it was not.

I believe it is likely we are already using Unity 5, that the update to that has already been done which they did say they were working on for quite some time before patch 337.

Which would mean that 3DXChat 2 is all about new features, which includes accessing the benefits that Unity 5 offers but not the upgrade to Unity 5 as we are already using it.

It would also mean that a lot of the work had already been done which was in patch 337 like everyone thought.

So I would like to ask Ash if he can confirm where we are at, are we using Unity 5 already and what we can expect in 3DXChat 2.

This has gone on long enough now for us to have a right to expect some answers.

And we are not just paying to play this game, we are also paying for its development as if it was announced there was to be no further development most would leave.

Sure we can sit and wait and be patient like good little school children or cancel our subs and wait until it's release, it is our choice I know.

But there seems to be a lot of misinformation going on, confusion and frustration caused because of a lack of communication by the devs.

Yes I can see why they would likely not want to have said how long this will take but we are their client base, we are their customers and the way the devs have handled things for a long time now has the majority of us feeling very unappreciated.

We know very little about what will be in the all new 3DXChat 2 let alone how long it is going to take and I for one think that a very arrogant approach by the devs.

So I think you need to understand people have good reason to be getting angry and frustrated and that also the game is suffering badly at the moment because of it.

It is well and truly time for the devs to let us know a lot more about what is going on.

we are use still unity 4, what i know is unity 5 is a own new clint, and 337 was only a test clint for the TS update and all other content where was on this last patch :)

Guest Twiggy

we are use still unity 4, what i know is unity 5 is a own new clint, and 337 was only a test clint for the TS update and all other content where was on this last patch :)

I am not meaning to sound like I am arguing here as it is not my intention at all and what I am about to ask is a serious question that I really do need to be answered, not just from you but in general, so please don't take offense to this as I do not mean it to be offensive.

But can you tell me how you know this, how you know we are still using Unity 4 ?

Patch Notes 337/338/339 (As they are all the same update more or less.)

Features & Content

- 12 New Animations

- 3 New Clothing Items

- New Client (Final Unity 4 most likely)

- New UI on Pose/Animation Menu

- New Categories for animations

- Loading Times Reduced

- New Memory Optimizations

- Toggle-able Penis on and off for females.

- Single Prop animations have drawn icons.

Fixes

- Eye Blinking Bug

- Stability Improvements for the new animation menus and selections

- Other minor Bug Fixes.

Changes

- TV system temporarily disabled to change from Adobe Flash to HTML.

AshBash said this in the patch notes topic

I am not meaning to sound like I am arguing here as it is not my intention at all and what I am about to ask is a serious question that I really do need to be answered, not just from you but in general, so please don't take offense to this as I do not mean it to be offensive.

But can you tell me how you know this, how you know we are still using Unity 4 ?

cos i did read it and also did read it will work both clints till 2.0 work well (but not sure if this is still acutally) and im also sure a update like this need a new clint, and 337 was just a test clint so im very  sure we are still on unity 4 :) 

cos i did read it and also did read it will work both clints till 2.0 work well (but not sure if this is still acutally) and im also sure a update like this need a new clint, and 337 was just a test clint so im very  sure we are still on unity 4 :)

Yes, someone (Ash or Lisa ?) wrote that in a previous post. This is not Unity 5, just an optimized Unity 4, I mean always same version.

The actual client is still v4, the future and not well known big update will brinf v5. but still when all this will pop out is a mistery, neither news fromd evs, apart a pair of photos, during the last month. It's ridicolous the amout of time passed since last update.

Maybe... just maybe 3DX became a graveyard, abondened by the devs and we're the ghosts wandering around? I mean c'mon, no anwsers to the users, no news, nothing, silence, deafening silence. Would be nice if they updated on the status, like I already mentioned it on the other thread. Nontheless, if it pops up, I will be glad to see the new graphics and new engine. Let's hope they just kinda got a bias... not that they have given up already.

Ok i have a question .

I can understand why the ones who still pay a subscription can be bored or angry because of the wait ( even if i think it's useless to repeat it again and again . Devs are not stupids and understand the first time ) , but why the ones who don't pay a sub continue to whine ? I mean , they don't pay so they don't "lose" their money .

Guest RobT

Ok i have a question .

I can understand why the ones who still pay a subscription can be bored or angry because of the wait ( even if i think it's useless to repeat it again and again . Devs are not stupids and understand the first time ) , but why the ones who don't pay a sub continue to whine ? I mean , they don't pay so they don't "lose" their money .

because they like to whine? you are right, makes little to no sense. 

Guest Twiggy

Well things I remember that make me think there is a chance we are already using Unity 5 are.

We were told we were going to Unity 5, then a few weeks after they had a test for Unity5 where they had like a beta we could go to and help then test it.

We were told that Unity 5 will allow our avis to not have to carry all the animations with them.

Then when patch 337 came through where we had to download a file and run it, it was not just a normal update that ran from the game itself.

We all believed at the time it was for Unity 5 but later in the forums it was mentioned that we are still using Unity 4.

I believe that came from a post by Lisa where she said this.....

Today we want to announce the new innovations and changes that will be introduced to 3DXChat in the next global update Unity 5.

From that we all started saying we must still be with Unity 4.

If you look at the patch notes for 337 you will see where it says animations are now loaded on the fly, it had been said to us before that Unity 5 would make that possible.

Loading Unity 5 would take re loading from outside the game updater, we did that to.

Just maybe what Lisa meant from what she said is the features in the next global update in Unity 5.

It just seems really funny to me that we test Unity 5 in an outside version of 337, then load patch 337 from outside the game updater and a feature we had been told Unity 5 would create is now in the game.

Ok i have a question .

Maybe because they are waiting to see if they resub or not. Activity is good, yes?

Again if a dev could answer DIRECTLY to this question, it would be very appreciated.....

To write always the same things? I think the devs do it correct :)

They put their focus and energies only on the update other things aren't matter.

To write all day long the same things in Forum would be a abusing of power and energies for the wanted update.

Have the update so fast as it possible there should be the interest of the Devs because all other would be bad business and I don't think they are bad business people.

We will inform the 3DXChat Community about the release date for the 2.0 Beta later.

I think a bit trust, understanding and patience about this info would be cool :)

To cry, whine and complain brings the update and new infos also not faster ^^

My humble opinion :)

Ok i have a question .

First time people  whine, and after - people stop subscription.

During these months of waiting, the game leave about 15 my friends.

Minus $300 per month )))

The reason - is nothing new. Low functionality, a little amount poses ,little locations, a small amount of clothes and very very rare addition.

You need not only lead people to the game, you need to hold people in game.

Policy - we do not care about old users, (you help preaching this policy) , has led to that in the game there are very few old-timers.

Laughing at a people requesting - new positions, new things, new function - ridiculous and naive laughing .

(I just keep quiet that support for such a policy creates a false illusion for developers about  players - and the developers stop doing updates, eating illusions and thinking that everything is fine)

If people request (and there are some very interesting ideas) will be created at least in part - for you yourself will be in the game more interesting and more fun. You will have more choices.

I think that your point of view on the game and the players needs to be corrected ))

Maybe because they are waiting to see if they resub or not. Activity is good, yes?

yes , they can continue to talk of the game , but why whining and bash the devs as they don't have money engaged anymore in a subscription ?

First time people  whine, and after - people stop subscription.

Yes , and after they continue to bash devs , even if they don't have anymore money involved in game , which lead back to my question : Why do they continue to bash devs when their money isn't in "danger" with a game they don't play anymore ?

I mean , if they can wait one month without paying to play , they can wait 2 or even 3 months ( no matter ) as anyway they will not lose money in this game.

Guest Twiggy

Hey guys! Current game client is on Unity 4. And we are working on a new client that will be on Unity 5. We have no ETA sorry, but the first beta of new client will be released soon. Stay tuned!  :)

PS: ETA - Estimated time of arrival

Thank you Gizmo for answering :)

The announcement for 3DXChat 2.0 was now 5 weeks ago and I think a update of this size needs some time :)

Well, don't want to whine but the facts are:

1) The last news was 1st April, we are now 5th May = More than 1 month without official news

2) The last update was 8th March = ~2 months without any update

Picture for fast proof: http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=617276lastupdate.png

To me the game (which I quite love) seems an abandonned project. I'm sure the game allows the devs to earn money, so why don't they hire someone to help them doing effective content? Or why the community do not motivate them enough to actually work (or work more) on the game? Or at least to communicate? If they don't communicate, does that mean they don't have anything to say? And if they don't have anything to say, then they don't work on anything to speak about?

I think those questions are legit ones. In my head, I expected this game to become a bit more than just virtual sex with limited poses and very limited customisation features. I expected a real game with some things aside sex to do with others. Will that happen one day? Or will it just be another average sex game but with good looking graphics?

The announcement of the 1st april is quite disapointing to my eyes: one of the "best"/"original" feature announced in that news was an April fool joke. I don't say that the game should become a fighting game (not at all), but the game could contain some cool activities and the volleyball and the rolling bottle was some interesting (but too simple) attempts in that sense.

Hope things will move forward a lot more in the coming months after the Unity5 move. But honestly, who can know that without any planning, without any ETA, without any news?

And come on guys, Unity5 is already ~1 year old...

Hey guys! Current game client is on Unity 4. And we are working on a new client that will be on Unity 5. We have no ETA sorry, but the first beta of new client will be released soon. Stay tuned!  :)

PS: ETA - Estimated time of arrival

what a superb response .......really this is suppose to keep me waiting and nothing new for two months ......you sould lower the cost of are subs till you give us its worth in poses and content ...