3DXChat Community

What I think we can expect in 3DXChat 2

Guest Twiggy

Guest Twiggy

There has been a lot of talk in these forums and in the game itself about the upcoming 3DXChat 2 update.

I have said before we need to allow them time to do what they need to do when people have complained about the time it is taking.

Lisa and Gizmo have posted some pictures to show some of the things that will be seen when that update comes through.

The latest being real time reflections which was not possible using Unity 4.

The work that it takes to get that is a lot more than people may realise.

It first takes finding out how Unity 5 goes about applying these reflections where you find it is done with what they call reflection probes.

It then takes time to figure out how these probes work, the settings used and what those settings do.

Then the placement of those probes to get the effect you are looking for in each location you apply them to.

I for one am really happy they are taking the time to add that effect, it makes so much difference to the visuals and realism in the graphics.

From the pictures they have shown and other things mentioned I am pretty sure we are going to get something really special when 3DXChat 2 is released.

I know enough about Unity 5 and its capabilities to know what it is capable of and from what I see it looks to me like the devs are looking to use a lot of what it offers.

The reflections are important for realism, some people may not think so, but if you look at a pic with it against one without you see a huge difference.

And that is just one aspect that they have shown they are adding, there has been several others, all take time to master.

I would like to ask Gizmo this though, I think I already know the answer but will love to know for sure.

Can we expect the same effort to go into the avatars as I know how much of a difference it can make to how our avatars can look.

So guys I think this time we need to get behind the devs and support them fully in what they are doing.

I know we are not getting updates, new things to play with, but what I can see we will be getting is well worth the wait.

I am sure Gizmo and Lisa are working hard on it, you tend to get excited about the things you can do with it.

Evidence of that is in what they are posting, if you knew the work involved in the different things they have shown and what goes on to get there you would understand that.

I have been critical of the slowness of the updates before, a lot in here know that, but not this time.

So guys give them a break, get behind them, get excited with them and show that as I am sure they are excited about what they will be giving us.

post-5-0-17984200-1461004819.jpg

I've run out of likes for the day, but I'll get one on this post tomorrow. Very well put Twiggy. I agree 100%.

Everyone gets critical sometimes, especially about the things they enjoy. We just need to exercise a little patience as a community, and a little trust that Lisa and Giz are doing all they can.

Honestly the graphics are good as they are, considering what the game has to offer.

I think that the Devs should've been more concerned in content, the same they asked for the comunity sugestions in 2014 (LOL) and still pretty much nothing...

Just a few examples below:

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/407-character-customization/

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/401-non-sexual-animationsexpressions/

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/402-furnitures-props/

:P

I am hoping this is going to be well worth it, especially as we have had one small update in the last  2 months while they work on it. We also have no idea when its going to be released so could be another 2 months, so there is a third of the year gone. As many of the new people in the community are not on forums they will be thinking well this game is shit I have been here a month with not one update, so I am off back to Achat or RLC, because even though their graphics are shit at least they can choose from more than just 6 dresses, and ample more sex variations.

I am truly trying to stay positive and be patient, but when you get basically no communication as to when this might occur apart from a pic or two as a tease, it leads to frustration.

As I say hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer.

Personally for myself I prefer in the first view an awesome looking basic body, it means it would be cool to have a perfect and realistic erotic adult game as first and if this is done is enough time to add endless awesome looking content with the same quality :)

But put a game with 60% of the possible graphic effects and invest time to add more content would be stupid because it's some times later needed to rework Game and content to the 100% possible graphic effects and this needs a lot more time^^

Personally for myself I prefer in the first view an awesome looking basic body, it means it would be cool to have a perfect and realistic erotic adult game as first and if this is done is enough time to add endless awesome looking content with the same quality :)

But put a game with 60% of the possible graphic effects and invest time to add more content would be stupid because it's some times later needed to rework Game and content to the 100% possible graphic effects and this needs a lot more time^^

this 100 percent. i would prefer they get any bugs fixed, the graphics in order first before content. otherwise people will blow the forums up complaining about how they didnt test enough yet amazingly they bitch for them to rush it also. 

this 100 percent. i would prefer they get any bugs fixed, the graphics in order first before content. otherwise people will blow the forums up complaining about how they didnt test enough yet amazingly they bitch for them to rush it also. 

And about this I've really no problem to wait a bit longer as needed for the release ;)

I am patiently looking forward to to update. Can't wait for the grafix overhaul and dark apartments. 

They said in a thread somewhere it would be easier to add and create new content after the port over to unity 5. So i am hoping that is indeed the case. Updates been pretty slow the past 6 months in 3dxchat. Been pretty bleak and bare. I really hope they start pumping them out and going through the suggestion threads and choosing most popular demands and adding them in.

I think the fact a lot of people got excited about the april fools fighting game joke. Shows how starved we are for content. People seemed more hyped about that then the actual real engine stuff. We want content plain and simple.. We want customization. We want poses/cloths/dances/locations/minigames. More everything. The sooner they get this over with the better. 

I hope this update goes smooth and gets released without to many issues. Then i hope to see the dev's stay true to their word and start really pumping out the content since that is all that is left to fiddle with. 

We will have to wait and see. Maybe they will still surprise us with some top secret stuff at update day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for pigtails, converse shoes, a hoody and alts becoming free again. If thy did that i would do a barrel roll  :P

I wish we had dislike button here.

In my opinion they should did same as rust did, port to unity 5 in 2 hours of work, like most games on market did.

My reasoning for this is simple, we have so many people here complaining that they can't handle the game way it is now, this game isn't focused for gamers with fancy rigs, this was supposed to be social / sex game so it attract crowd with 300 $ laptops. Tons of people now can't run the game on medium, lagging in the big zones, fresco proved it. It's not because the engine but because of the spaghetti code.

The ratio of bugs / content is insane as well, there are so many bugs in this game for the amount of performance that they need to take months just to polish that.

As for the content this  game wouldn't survive if it was any other genre because for 24 / month you can usually play 2 largest mmorpgs on the market at the same time.

In 2 years I been here content been few and far between. I honestly really doubt the new engine will make them suddenly make 3 poses per month but I will admit I was being wrong if i see it. Considering past.. I doubt.

But ofcourse I am negative and not reasonable .. not at all... as usual for anyone who says anything mean about this game :P

Guest Twiggy

So much negativity, while I can understand that and have certain grumbles of my own, like I wish they would employ more devs and do a better job at gaining custom content.

The point I tried to make is that they are working on it and I think trying to do the best they can and that shows in the pictures they are showing us.

Riela I can guaranty you that any game that switched from Unity 4 to 5 spent a lot more than 2 hours to do so.

It may have seemed that way but the work that will have gone on behind the scene before they did will have involved hundreds of hours.

Unless it was a very simple game that used very little of what even Unity 4 had to offer it had to, as there is so many things in Unity 4 that will no longer work in Unity 5.

The devs here could have kept their mouth shut about going to Unity 5 and also made it look like they did it in 2 hours.

I am surprised no one noticed something in Lisas picture, as she has done in others there is something in there in the background of interest.

Look through the window, what's going on there ?

So much negativity, while I can understand that and have certain grumbles of my own, like I wish they would employ more devs and do a better job at gaining custom content.

The point I tried to make is that they are working on it and I think trying to do the best they can and that shows in the pictures they are showing us.

Riela I can guaranty you that any game that switched from Unity 4 to 5 spent a lot more than 2 hours to do so.

It may have seemed that way but the work that will have gone on behind the scene before they did will have involved hundreds of hours.

Unless it was a very simple game that used very little of what even Unity 4 had to offer it had to, as there is so many things in Unity 4 that will no longer work in Unity 5.

The devs here could have kept their mouth shut about going to Unity 5 and also made it look like they did it in 2 hours.

I am surprised no one noticed something in Lisas picture, as she has done in others there is something in there in the background of interest.

Yes we noticed, to us it looked like something to prevent cheat engine users building outside of apartment.

And here is proof for you. So you can't guarantee me anything

http://blogs.unity3d.com/2014/11/19/porting-to-unity-5-the-untold-rust-journey/

How long did it take to port Rust to Unity 5?

It was probably about two hours, there wasn’t really much to it. Unity updated all our code automatically, in an instant. There were some issues with add-ons from the Asset Store that didn’t update right. We already hired the developer and he updated his plug-ins for us, so that problem was solved.

There’s a new system in Unity 5 that gives you a bit more control over plugins and dll libraries. At first, that freaked us out a bit, but soon we understood that it just means that we don’t have to put these things in these folders.

Of course, if you want to use the new shader system and stuff, you’ve got to actually go through all your content and update the materials and everything. If you want it to  look like Unity 4, you just update and it works.

It was posted before.

We didn't asked for whole game rework so most ppl with their low end laptops wont be able to play after in crowded areas.

But we been asking for new content for 3 years and from all screenshots we seen all we getting is fancy new lighting effects and reflections.

Which seems like most people will have off anyways as their laptops and computers wont be able to handle it.

I have to wonder if you asked most people in game if they want fancy lightning effects, shaders and reflection that will work on extremely high and high only options compared to number of new locations, dances, furniture, sex poses that we won't have since they apparently have to redo everything thus about same amount of things that are in game right now.

what would you get as answer, most casual people in 3DX have trouble running the game now. I can't imagine what will their laptops do in 50 ppl room.

So what did you guaranteed?

Guest Twiggy

Notice the bit where he said "we already hired the developer and he updated his plug ins for us"

There are plug ins that will not work in Unity 5, some are no longer needed, others need to be replaced, but if you used plug ins where the coding calls for them it has to be changed.

If you have not prepared things properly then it is not just a matter of clicking the switch to have it go from 4 to 5.

The time will have been in preparation and even just reviewing things will have taken longer than 2 hours.

Do you really think these guys decided, oh Unity 5 is available, lets go to Unity 5, and 2 hours later they were there, come on.

Just to go through and find out the differences and what would need to be done will have taken much longer than that alone.

As I said to you once before, they will have taken a lot of time preparing for the change before they actually did it, which will have included changing plugins.

Unity has no control over the plugins, they are constructed by other people outside of Unity and are often used, especially around things like shaders and such where 3DX will have used heaps.

Depending on how many they used, and even may have built themselves, depends on how much work will be needed to make the change.

Yes it is likely they are already past that stage, where they have 3DXChat working in Unity 5.

And yes they may be able to release it now or even before with minimal change to what we had before.

But then they would have people like you complaining about their being no difference, why was it done, others have much better graphics now, they have reflections.

For all we know we may even be using Unity 5 now, who knows.

And before you go off about they should keep us more informed I fully agree and have said so heaps of times.

Plus for things like reflections it is demanding on computers, the more probes they apply the more power needed.

For low end computers they will need to code so either all the probes aren't used or maybe just some are used and that will need to be tested in all the different settings for quality.

Yes for people with low end computers it is likely it will not make much difference to what is being seen now.

It seems though that because of that you feel they should not do it and think stuff all the people that have invested in better to high end computers.

And as for the last thing you so happily pointed out in bold.

Of course, if you want to use the new shader system and stuff, you’ve got to actually go through all your content and update the materials and everything. If you want it to  look like Unity 4, you just update and it works.

It is up to them to decide if they want to do that work and give us the improvements it makes, not you.

Plus if you go through the Unity forums you will find the last part of that statement is not exactly right.

I think you need to ask yourself what brought most people to 3DXChat in the 1st place, "the high end graphics"

So do you blame them for wanting to keep the edge they have over others.

I don't want to take part of one or other side of you...but i think Riela she's right ,we mostly asking since a fucking while for more contents and for less trouble shooting ,lags and bugs in game. What is the average of players havin high powerful graphic cards 50% or maybe 70%? I'm not sure it's the percentage average of players renewing for a full year subscription in game.

My panties are soaked in excitement! :o:wub:;)

Wow, just wow...visually looking good...but content wise its still lacking since day one compared to the other adult sex games.

Players generate most of the content anyway. And as much as I dont want to admit it.... drama counts as content too.

Players generate most of the content anyway. And as much as I dont want to admit it.... drama counts as content too.

im stalking your posts

Guest SayaX

While Unity 5 is nice to have going forward the graphics of 3DX are already some of the best in the market of adult games. There is also a good community of people. These are the good points. While there are few devs, there is a focus on quality.

Here is where the game needs improving and fast. There are plenty of people in the community that would be willing to create stuff, put their time into organising parties and DJing and working girls. Now the last one you may disagree with but these are the people coming back and contributing to the community week in week out and as a result keep new members around. However at the moment if you create something then it goes through a lengthy approval process and what do you get for it? Xgold. If you DJ or you are a working girl you may get gifts. Xgold as it is, is pretty much useless.

We need some kind of marketplace. An incentive for the creators to stay, because the creators are usually the people most active in game and the ones who really want to help make the community a better place. I have seen a lot of people coming over from other games like RLC and they love it but 3DX does not have the same system for user generated content. Now, when there is real money involved that can lead to lower quality and potentially more drama as people start getting more competitive and probably taking the game more seriously and replacing the game with real life, so in a way I am glad the devs are holding back until they find a marketplace system that works so it doesn't just become another Second Life or something.

Also, the rooms need more customisation. The largest parties in 3DX are now exceeding 70+ people on a regular basis. The standard apartments now are getting too small. People seem to be resulting to more and more extravagant hacked rooms, partly for show and partly to accommodate more people.

The devs also need to fix the existing bugs that have been around for ages and I don't usually agree with Riela and there is no way of telling but it does feel like "spaghetti code". I would love to see the game become more efficient with even lower end PCs being able to handle 50+ people in a room with no problems.

To summarise, while it will be nice to have Unity 5. I would like to see a marketplace, less bugs and a more efficient playing experience. There are more important issues than something that will just make it look more pretty.

xMaceyx said...

so could be another 2 months, so there is a third of the year gone

Err... I make it half a year.

Twiggy said...

It's the only difference that I noticed. Wow, we can have our own backdrop for an apartment! Amazing ;)

A lot of talking has been done and will be done about updates, specially the "huge, important" ones, as said by Twiggy.

Just, I want to ask: do you think it is good to post only pics about some new graphic feature, saying NOTHING to the community? Is that a way of working? Is that a way of behaving too?

It is only a way of making people talk, moan and blame. Everybody is happy about this game, me too of course. It is still better than other sex mmo games around.

What I am saying is that you cannot build a forum, a community, where you ask what people want (and I am referring to the beginning of the 3dxforum when gizmo and Lisa were asking those things to the users during the development, so some years ago), and now you don't take care anymore to this tool.

We can find posts over posts asking for the same things like a spiral through months and years sometimes.

Now we have the BIG update...ooohh yeaaahhh.. But now we have LOST also the talk with devs. It is just a game of waiting and blaming and hoping. We don't talk to them anymore because they don't say a word anymore to us.

What do I expect from this update: super fantastic graphic things, which maybe I won't even be able to play on my laptop, and sure a lot of other improvements...

But surely I am expecting also to use this forum only for chatting with some people, because the silence of the devs will keep going, increasing the distance from the so called community of users and the developers. This is sadly what I expect more...

Kiss

Nion

Guest SayaX

It's the only difference that I noticed. Wow, we can have our own backdrop for an apartment! Amazing ;)

Omg. I am agreeing with Cordelia and Riela on the same day lol.

People are going oh look at those pretty new backdrops. It is diverting away from the more important issues to keep people off the devs backs for a few more months.

Guest Twiggy

hmm, what I get from what's in the window is that I think that apartment has been brought down to ground level and the cliff in the background is maybe a border where we can't go past.

I would like to think that when they release 3DXChat 2 that it is not just going to be new graphics, but quite a few new things in the game also.

What I am hoping that background represents is we can go out from the apartment to our own private beach area or at least outside area, the cliffs being at the back so it isn't just a spot where we can only go so far and our avi stops.

I couldn't see them just making a new backdrop for no reason, but I may be wrong.

As it seems Gizmo does most of the scripting and game engine management, I am thinking that Lisa would possibly be working on other stuff.

As I said, I can't see them just releasing the all new 3DXChat 2 with just graphics changes.

A lot of people are saying the question needs to be asked if people want better graphics or more content.

Personally I want both, lol

But I think the question also needs to be asked, that if they do keep going on new content without going to what is available with graphics now, will those people insisting on the extra content coming stay if another game is introduced offering the better graphics. 

I think we all know the answer to that.

Edited to add sorry..

The reflection is on the floor, look at the wallpaper area and the girls feet, also the coffee table.

It might not seem like much, and is not the best representation of reflection they could have shown, but if you took it away you would really notice it.

Reflections really add a lot to the realism look, without it, it just doesn't quite get there.

Imagine one of the shiny black floors and the effect it will show on there.