3DXChat Community

Where is the screenshots folder?

Briana

Mine are in  "program files / 3dxchat / screenshots"

Run game as admin and take a photo. Then the screenshots folder will show up. Mine was not there until i took a picture after a clean install. 

Unfortunately, when you uninstalled old version of game and installed new . you probably wiped your screen shot folder. 

And i have no clue about going back to windows 7. May have to reinstall , maybe not.

Unfortunately, i took screenshots in game with my camera, and the screenshot folder never show up in 3dx program files. The only way to save them, is by using ms paint , one at a time to save them in other file on my pc. Now I returned back to win7 and it going to shit now! error 500 everywhere i go ,that is the new Microsoft system taking control of everything ,including my free choice to decide what i want on my pc  .

I'd suggest you take a look at Greenshot or ShareX for saving screenshots from any programs :)

The built in screenshot program requires you to run the game as administrator, so if you aren't one you gotta right click the launcher and select "Run as administrator" for any screenshots to save.

I have no clue about win 10, no idea how you return back to win 7 from there but sounds like you should do a clean reinstall xD

Anyway this is the path for me: C:\Program Files (x86)\3DXChat\Screenshots

I'd suggest you take a look at Greenshot or ShareX for saving screenshots from any programs :)

The built in screenshot program requires you to run the game as administrator, so if you aren't one you gotta right click the launcher and select "Run as administrator" for any screenshots to save.

I have no clue about win 10, no idea how you return back to win 7 from there but sounds like you should do a clean reinstall xD

Anyway this is the path for me: C:\Program Files (x86)\3DXChat\Screenshots

Finally i found the problem, i think it's the win10, cause since i returned back to win7 and had logged into the game to take some photo with the camera, every pix taken are now saved in the camera screeshots file, my screenshot folder is returned back in the 3dx program files as before i migrated to win10. Idk for what reason you guyz seem haven't problems with win 10, but i had on my side.Thank for your helps , much appreciated ;)

Firstly, stick with Windows 10, it really is a much better operating system once you get used to it. Also, I'm pretty sure your screenshots will be fine. Mine are not saved in program files but elsewhere and it may be the same for you. To look in the same place as where mine are located you need to be able to see hidden files and folders.

To do this, click on the control panel and open 'file explorer options'. This will open a dialogue box. Click on the 'view' tab at the top and this will bring up a list of check boxes. Make sure there is a tick next to 'show hidden files, folders and drives' and then click 'ok'

Once you have done this navigate to C:\users\yourusername\AppData \local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\3DXChat. The screenshot folder should be in there

EDIT: In Windows 7 'file explorer options' maybe called 'folder view' or something similar, I can't quite remember....

Firstly, stick with Windows 10, it really is a much better operating system once you get used to it. Also, I'm pretty sure your screenshots will be fine. Mine are not saved in program files but elsewhere and it may be the same for you. To look in the same place as where mine are located you need to be able to see hidden files and folders.

To do this, click on the control panel and open 'file explorer options'. This will open a dialogue box. Click on the 'view' tab at the top and this will bring up a list of check boxes. Make sure there is a tick next to 'show hidden files, folders and drives' and then click 'ok'

Once you have done this navigate to C:\users\yourusername\AppData \local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\3DXChat. The screenshot folder should be in there

EDIT: In Windows 7 'file explorer options' maybe called 'folder view' or something similar, I can't quite remember....

Thank you, but i already returned back to win7 and I prefer to stick on it .F..k win10 till i will have no other choice to use it in the next few years, I think Microsoft will not let us the choice to migrate to it in the few next month's , but I'm really not hurry to do so.

Thank you, but i already returned back to win7 and I prefer to stick on it .F..k win10 till i will have no other choice to use it in the next few years, I think Microsoft will not let us the choice to migrate to it in the few next month's , but I'm really not hurry to do so.

Well putting operating systems to one side, have a look where I suggested. I thought I had lost my screenshots until recently when I found the folder while looking for something else. If you are struggling to find where I suggest, PM me and I'll try and guide you there. Also, consider Dropbox as there is an option there which enables you to save all screenshots to your Dropbox cloud :)

I have windows 7, and there is no screenshot folder in my 3dxchat folder.  

I go Programfiles(x86)/3dxchat and there is 3dxchatdata, patcherdata, and VSD folders, no screenshot folder whatsoever.

So have no idea where mine is either at this point! Maybe in limbo! The void?! The matrix ate them!!!

~NikkiAM

I don't know if this is related, I can open my screenshot folder when camera is on, but none of the new pictures I've taken since update save, unless there is another new folder now.

I go Programfiles(x86)/3dxchat and there is 3dxchatdata, patcherdata, and VSD folders, no screenshot folder whatsoever.

So have no idea where mine is either at this point! Maybe in limbo! The void?! The matrix ate them!!!

~NikkiAM

You don't ? I'm confuse now, windows application appear different depending on which PC system we are built ,cause on mine ,the screenshots folder show up in PC,System ©, Program Files(x86),3dxchat

L@@K!

I don't know if this is related, I can open my screenshot folder when camera is on, but none of the new pictures I've taken since update save, unless there is another new folder now.

Its exactly the problem I'd had with win10 reason why i decided to retrograde to win7 , but follow Claymore intruction, he found a way to go in screenshots folder by using the ''file explorer options'' control panel. For me it's to late. I stay with my old win7

Its exactly the problem I'd had with win10 reason why i decided to retrograde to win7 , but follow Claymore intruction, he found a way to go in screenshots folder by using the ''file explorer options'' control panel. For me it's to late. I stay with my old win7

I have been avoiding the Win10 for some time, and the more and more I hear about it, I want to keep it that way!!!!

~NikkiAM

You need to take a screenshot for the folder to be created.

• 4 years later...

I just have the same problem, and I have nothing under VirtualStore. I did found a log saying the game was unbale to save the screenshot, that's all, here :
C:\Users\Utilisateur\AppData\LocalLow\SexGameDevil\3DXChat

Note : installing OneDrive did the trick.

Edited by PapaDom
Note