3DXChat Community

Obstructive behavior

Sage Stoner

Honestly, I am a big believer in "live and let live" and allowing everyone to play the game the way they want to. But lately it seems that there are a lot of people who spend long periods of time doing things that obstruct other players' enjoyment of the game, so it is a topic that I think deserves some discussion.

The scene shown in this SS is one example. I don't know if the player shown here was afk or if this was done intentionally or not. But for a good four hours this morning, no one can use the dance pole because this guy is in the way. (Maybe I am totally misunderstanding what I am seeing. Maybe this player was in his own room and the problem is with the game displaying a ghost. If so, someone please clue me in.)

Anyway, I am not suggesting that anything can or should be done about behavior like this. But if this person was a friend of mine, I would certainly ask him to give a little more thought to other people. Similar behavior includes having sex or just lying in landing zones, in doorways, or other places that all players have to pass through. Anyway, it's not a huge problem, just a small annoyance, but I think it's worth discussing.

post-309-0-09032500-1460252276_thumb.png

I have seen this happen before, my thinking was that it is a game bug, but I could be wrong. But I do agree with people blocking  doorways. If you are just looking to see who is in the room fine, but I have seen some that stand there, then must go off make themselves a coffee, grab some lunch and come back half hour later or more the whole time blocking the door only to then poof away.

Males can't interact with poles so cannot teleport in it like this so I believe in this case it's a game bug, where the character is shown in two places at the same time, has happened several times.

This bug keeps coming back it seems, and it's very annoying :/

But I do agree that those who block accesses on purpose need to find better things to do with themselves and grow up !

. . . But I do agree with people blocking  doorways. If you are just looking to see who is in the room fine, but I have seen some that stand there, then must go off make themselves a coffee, grab some lunch and come back half hour later or more the whole time blocking the door only to then poof away.

About a week ago, I entered the Fresco club and wanted to go sit at the bar. There was a player standing at the top of the stairs closest to the entrance, and when I couldn't get by, I went around to the far side to gain access. When he saw what I was doing, he ran across and tried to block those stairs, too. I mean, if its was someone I knew, I would have laughed and cursed him out in Public chat. But it was some stranger, so it was less than amusing from my perspective. LOL

Honestly, I am a big believer in "live and let live" and allowing everyone to play the game the way they want to. But lately it seems that there are a lot of people who spend long periods of time doing things that obstruct other players' enjoyment of the game, so it is a topic that I think deserves some discussion.

The scene shown in this SS is one example. I don't know if the player shown here was afk or if this was done intentionally or not. But for a good four hours this morning, no one can use the dance pole because this guy is in the way. (Maybe I am totally misunderstanding what I am seeing. Maybe this player was in his own room and the problem is with the game displaying a ghost. If so, someone please clue me in.)

Anyway, I am not suggesting that anything can or should be done about behavior like this. But if this person was a friend of mine, I would certainly ask him to give a little more thought to other people. Similar behavior includes having sex or just lying in landing zones, in doorways, or other places that all players have to pass through. Anyway, it's not a huge problem, just a small annoyance, but I think it's worth discussing.

If I had skills like that guy, I would bug myself to be up on those poles too. It ain't fair males don't get to dance on the poles like the ladies. If I can't dance, NO ONE CAN! RAWR! :P Hahaha...

i feel your pain...nothing worse than someone going afk laying on the bar...where is a fairy suppose to dance, the dancefloor, uggh?

Well, doh. Any fairy worth her dust would just hover in midair. But I'm not a fairy, so I have to whine in the forums. :P

Seriously, though, is there any reason the server has to keep showing avis that haven't moved even once in 30 minutes? Why not just send them back to their dressing room after a certain period of time?

Well, doh. Any fairy worth her dust would just hover in midair. But I'm not a fairy, so I have to whine in the forums. :P

Seriously, though, is there any reason the server has to keep showing avis that haven't moved even once in 30 minutes? Why not just send them back to their dressing room after a certain period of time?

Ooh Zombie clean-up and removal, done automatically by the system? Sounds like a winner.