3DXChat Community

Server Maintenance - Info Thread

Heidi

This is unplanned and no datacenter in the world would have such a big downtime (more than 5 hours now). Website is working which means gameserver is working but obviously crashed?

No monitoring services running? No watchdog? No sms alerts if your own server is down? And more importantly, not even a single warning? Not even an announcement of how much more are we expected to wait?

This only proves that you are even more amateurs than already proven to be in your past incidents.

*angry, furious, disapointed

*feels stupid for paying for this

It is the cause of it? Too many members since the announcement 2.0... First time I see so many ppl's in the forum

190 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

80 members, 110 guests, 0 anonymous users   (See full list)

Briana, Deelicous, Kimmy, Kathya, StelioKontos, KarinMaria, SillyBOY50, Carlene, montvicqking, Akali, KailJunamy, Brie, Shiro, AcidLove, Athene, ¸.•★Shannon★•.¸, BlackRock, Kimba, Google, Robi, littlemissy, arisak, AnnaO, JessicaX, Matrix, Shara, Ellsa_Ryse, Morgaine, Aria, KittyCatMeow, chaostika, Immi, Irionika, HotLips, Elinor, Nymphpott, SunonRise, youfoundtom, Rollo, Wickers, Cibacrome, Cel, Shifd1, BlackWolf, KyleLee, Toolan, Velshanta, ClareTC, s1mple, Luvs, MaryLee, GeorgeGr, Shaed, Madde, Joodie_Kiss, Rainnnnnn, pierroussss, Bing, ScreamingMarmot, DaniStar, xMaceyx, AlexRyder, RaidenProxy, StevieST, Pookii, Blythe, Angeldust, Hollyblue, Alexina, Yahoo, OLESYA, jano1769, Sentra, Specializt, Tienia, mzlipstick, Sboss, UkiUkiJump, VileDementia, Eternal Bliss, Nakosha, SapphireAngel, Rune

Hmmmmm .... Briana - from my (limited) point of view i can´t imagine that this would cause such a "long lasting problem" .....

This is unplanned and no datacenter in the world would have such a big downtime (more than 5 hours now). Website is working which means gameserver is working but obviously crashed?

No monitoring services running? No watchdog? No sms alerts if your own server is down? And more importantly, not even a single warning? Not even an announcement of how much more are we expected to wait?

This only proves that you are even more amateurs than already proven to be in your past incidents.

*angry, furious, disapointed

*feels stupid for paying for this

I doubt they run the data center themselves. From the last outage I discovered it's being hosted by Cloudflare. This level of support does seem to imply we have a severely low tier of support. Or maybe it indicates that it is issues not in the data center hosting the server but actual configuration issues under the devs's control. I can make all sorts of reasonable sounding guesses to what the problem is, and all of them could be wrong.

The lack of communication is the biggest problem, and I won't be the first to point that out; nor is it a case of time zones and sleep schedules for the lack of communication because we went through this song and dance but a few weeks ago with the login bug incident.

It's really unfortunate because all it's doing is frustrating their customer base. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that's not how you grow your business, especially in a niche.

I doubt they run the data center themselves. From the last outage I discovered it's being hosted by Cloudflare. This level of support does seem to imply we have a severely low tier of support. Or maybe it indicates that it is issues not in the data center hosting the server but actual configuration issues under the devs's control. I can make all sorts of reasonable sounding guesses to what the problem is, and all of them could be wrong.

The lack of communication is the biggest problem, and I won't be the first to point that out; nor is it a case of time zones and sleep schedules for the lack of communication because we went through this song and dance but a few weeks ago with the login bug incident.

It's really unfortunate because all it's doing is frustrating their customer base. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that's not how you grow your business, especially in a niche.

Cloudflare is just a reverse proxy service.. It works as a CDN and it provides the same content (cached when needed) all over the world with the least possible latency. It also provides security when being under attack. It would be reckless of them not to use Cloudflare or any other service like that.

They still need their own servers (as they already have) to host their content. Cloudflare does not host - it delivers. It's the front and the backend is under the 3dx devs control only.

Conclusion: they have full control to do whatever they want and they just haven't realized yet that the game has crashed - unacceptable and amateur behavior. Simple as that.

Cloudflare is just a reverse proxy service.. It works as a CDN and it provides the same content (cached when needed) all over the world with the least possible latency. It also provides security when being under attack. It would be reckless of them not to use Cloudflare or any other service like that.

They still need their own servers (as they already have) to host their content. Cloudflare does not host - it delivers. It's the front and the backend is under the 3dx devs control only.

Conclusion: the have full control to do whatever they want and they just haven't realized yet that the game has crashed - unacceptable and amateur behavior. Simple as that.

Well specially since we pay a good enough amount to deserve are own servers   

I had not realized , but I 'm addicted to 3dxchat . My leg is shaking. And wondering what the hell i was doing on  friday night not so long ago ...

no worries levun...thats always "in the beginning" when ur 3dx needles are deep and long in ur arms^^

12slays06taryn.jpg

however, im not gonna do that in the pics below now

giphy.gif

F5_F5_F5_F5_F5_F5_F5_F5.gif

and play some other awesome games meanwhile

and soooooooo....id say, its done, when

Done.png

cher-lloyd-waving-o.gif

It's now obvious that it's not maintenance or an update. The scary and frustrating thing is I'm sure they are not aware its down otherwise we would have heard from them. I hope they get their act together soon and not palm us subscribers off with a handful of almost useless xgold again.

I agree with you FairyDust..the thing is-->this is there bread and butter ( money maker ) and will lose alot of subscribers over lack of communication of whats going on with this down time being weekend and all. :(