3DXChat Community

Server Maintenance - Info Thread

Heidi

I was optimistic the LAST time I got locked out of the game with no help from the Devs for 3 days.  That was only ONE MONTH ago.  They "gave me" 1000 xcoins for my trouble.  Which I never got.

Whether or not this is an actual planned server outage is not the point.

The REAL point is that their customer service sucks.  IF you are going to start a PLANNED DOWNTIME, you tell people first.  If you have an UNPLANNED DOWNTIME, you tell people that you are working on it at the MOMENT you find out that there is a problem.

That is not just good customer service.  That is a common courtesy.

PS-  I agree with JohnBrownsBody-  Nobody starts a PLANNED downtime on a Friday before a high-traffic weekend.  This is unplanned.

People have the right to vent a little when a service they've paid for becomes unavailable without warning. Exciting future updates are a separate matter.

When your power goes out, do you complain?

YES

But when your power goes out (planned or unplanned) the power company tells you WE ARE SORRY and WE ARE WORKING ON IT.  Sometimes they even give you an estimate to restoration of service.  But the important part is that they show that they know there is a problem and that they are working on it.

Again, it's courtesy.  We pay for this service.  We can choose to NOT pay.  You'd think they would care to keep us informed.  Uninformed, we only get angrier.

Many hours ago Lisa posted this comment in a similar thread: http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/2864-lost-connection-to-server-again-i-bet-im-not-the-only-one/?p=143942

There are problems in data center today  :wacko:

Could be the same thing again? I already know from the last login fiasco that we're hosted by Cloudflare, so this isn't exactly in the hands of our devs necessarily. I requires more datas. A major forum announcement sticky would not have gone amiss, even if all it said was "Shit be broke, yo."

Guest ClareTC

If its down for maintenance rather than fault there must be an anticipated return time!!!! come on 3dx, some expectation setting please....am i wasting my time waiting cos it will be down for another 12 hours (or whatever)....or not?????

if theres a fault and you dont know then please tell us something so I can go off and do other things