3DXChat Community

Sometimes you wonder

SirSpear

Sometimes i wonder...Am i that smart?or is everyone around me that stupid? or am i that stupid thati think im too smart?or maybe its a combination of these too...And the ncant help it and the next one comes...wondering should i try and learn more or will i feel more stupid cause i will realise i know less?

Guest SayaX

Sometimes I wonder why we log in here. I have never found myself asking this as often as I do now. We roam this pixelated version of reality amongst thousands of others. Some are escaping real life, some are searching for something or someone to add to it, and some are even trying to replace it altogether. Yet at the end of the day, all our reasons for being here are temporary. Places, objects, even people will all one day disappear from our 3DX lives. I'm sure many will disagree, but I ask you this: How many times have you stood in a room filled with other people in silence? How many times have you built rooms just to delete them from existence? We enter into 3DX alone with almost nothing, and at the end of our time here, we'll leave the exact same way. So why am I here? I think the most honest answer is to simply enjoy the moment while it lasts, because tomorrow is promised to no one, not even in your 3DX life.

I don't claim full credit for all this profoundness adapted from a profile in another game I think, but it is very true nonetheless :)

Sometimes I wonder why we log in here. I have never found myself asking this as often as I do now. We roam this pixelated version of reality amongst thousands of others. Some are escaping real life, some are searching for something or someone to add to it, and some are even trying to replace it altogether. Yet at the end of the day, all our reasons for being here are temporary. Places, objects, even people will all one day disappear from our 3DX lives. I'm sure many will disagree, but I ask you this: How many times have you stood in a room filled with other people in silence? How many times have you built rooms just to delete them from existence? We enter into 3DX alone with almost nothing, and at the end of our time here, we'll leave the exact same way. So why am I here? I think the most honest answer is to simply enjoy the moment while it lasts, because tomorrow is promised to no one, not even in your 3DX life.

I don't claim full credit for all this profoundness adapted from a profile in another game I think, but it is very true nonetheless :)

Sometimes I wonder why I haven't used this thread to drop some veritable thought bombs like this.

Very well written and thought provoking Saya.

I also think your overall lesson translates to RL as well. We come in with nothing, we leave with nothing. Throughout the course of our life. we both gain and lose friends, objects, even places, with or without warning. Life is truly temporary, even IRL. This is something we should all take to heart. I'm guilty of taking this fact for granted as well.

Realizing that even the real world is temporary is actually liberating in a way. It allows us to put much less priority on 'how' we enjoy the moment. As long as you're not harming yourself or anyone else, the way you choose to enjoy the moment is no less valid than anyone else's.

And it harm none, do as ye will.

You like to go to a club IRL and dance the night away? Enjoy! You like to log into a computer to chat and hang out with other people virtually? Enjoy! You like to curl up alone by the fire with your cat, a glass of wine, and a good book? Enjoy! You like to log in to a forum every morning and post a mix of mostly silly stuff and music? Well, you can't have that one. that's my jam. Okay I'm kidding, you can have some jam if you'd like.

Sorry to say and my comment is probably out of this topix but i could not reply back to this, I really don't agree when you said we leave with almost ''nothing'' I learned lot of things about myself  in that game. Got so many experiences and good feelings with lot of ppl's I hanged with in the game.