3DXChat Community

No streaming music in public areas & rooms - need some help

Desirea

OK, this one has me stumped and I'm looking for some help.

With the recent patching (339), I'm not able to hear music in the public areas.

I'm also not able to hear the music people are streaming in their rooms.

I'm no longer able to hear the music I'm streaming into my room either.

The radio channels in my room do work just fine though.

Toggling the Music setting off and on doesn't help.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times, including removing all of the registry settings.

I've turned my firewall completely off briefly and tried it, still no luck, so doesn't appear to be blocked.

I have a high speed cable ISP, robust desktop, running windows 10, so bandwidth has never been a problem.

I run with extremely high graphics settings, connections and performance has always been rock steady.

Does anyone know how the streaming music (public & rooms) differ from the radio channels, and what to look for?

Does the game require any kind of particular browser settings, such as allowing cookies or anything?  I'm wondering if a security setting has maybe changed that would somehow impact streaming in public areas/rooms.

Any other suggestions would be welcomed.  I've been playing over a year and never had any issue like this one.  Puzzling. :wacko:

Why uninstalling to reinstalling the game everytime? with Beta version i noticed it's common to get many problems as you, not only with 3dx game but also with my other beta games version ...i will wait a while before renewing my sub till 3dx resolve all those bugs.

Another tidbit of info, may not be related, but the electronic event sign in the old NC lobby doesn't display anything now. Just a bunch of wavy lines for me. Is that tied to public music stream in NC in any way? :(

Well it seems like the radio cannot be disabled by deleting radio.dll anymore, this seems to do absolutely nothing for me xD I think the admins should be aware of the changes they've made and able to help you, but I can't think of anything you haven't already done >_<

No luck Achilles, I did the full uninstall including manually removing all folders and registry keys, rebooted, and installed as suggested.  No change. Still no public area/room music streaming, no graphics in the NC lobby sign.  :(    I'll keep experimenting with firewall and security settings.  Let me know if you have any other ideas to try.  Thanks.

• 10 months later...

So for the last couple of weeks i have had music in the character editor and can pull it up at my place on the radio but every other location, both zones and user rooms, there is no music.  I have tried un-enabling and re-eneabling the radio but no luck.  Any ideas?

So for the last couple of weeks i have had music in the character editor and can pull it up at my place on the radio but every other location, both zones and user rooms, there is no music.  I have tried un-enabling and re-eneabling the radio but no luck.  Any ideas?

Try this steps :)

Hi uninstall 3DXChat, remove all files of C:\Program Files (x86)\3DXChat20beta, C:\Program Files (x86)\3DXChat

Run gizmos Reg-Clean bat, reboot your PC and reinstall again :)

I hope it works!?

Hi guys! I have created a little bat file that clears regisrty folder: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/SexGameDevil"

1) Just download 3dx_reg_cleaner.bat file

2) Click right mouse button on that file and select "Run as Administrator"