3DXChat Community

So i became.... an elf !

FrenchKiss

"Once upon a time, I was a human, a curious one. I've always been excited by things I don't know about, asking questions to pepole around me, reading or experimenting to understand and expand my knowledge. All I've learnt was common things though, like sciences, playing guitar, cooking... Boring stuff, huh ?

I never thought being curious would bring a huge change in my life, but one day, I met a witch.

Well, I didn't know at first sight she was, but we started to talk and sympathized. We met again, quite often, and I have to admit she was kinda intriguing me... Even more when I saw her casting spells ! It was amazing to see her doing, and of course, it aroused my curiosity, so I asked her to put a spell on me.

She made my thumb become a lighter, a flame welling out of it as it was in the light. The flame disapeared while i got my hand in darkness, and came back again as it stood in the light. This spell lasted only one day, but i almost burned everything around me, not used to have such power in my hands...

Of course, this new thing made me even more curious... I couldn't help myself asking her, some days after, to put another spell on me. What have i been asking for ! I knew someday my inquisitiveness would get me into trouble, and this day had come...

She laughed at my bold request, but used her magic powers on me and turned me into... An elf ! I felt a bit... different, but couldn't say why until I saw myself in a mirror. I felt stunned, just as if I've been punched by a whole herd of buffalos running away from a lion, looking at those green eyes, those pointy ears... Was it really me in the mirror ? The lines of my face seemed thiner, but the image before my eyes looked like me...

Besides that, i noticed i was more agile, walking with aerial steps, with an elegance I never been able to show before, but nothing really unusual happened until i turned back to my original shape...

On the first day after that, while I was walking in the street, my steps finally back to normal, I heard a strange voice behind me... I turned around, but nobody was here... Only a tree, alone in front of a building, which was big enough for someone to hide behind it, so i came closer and took a look. Still nobody...

Suddenly, I heard the voice again, louder, clearer, greeting me, as the tree appeared to move in front of my widen eyes ! I standed still for a second, surprised, but quickly ran away, scared, thinking i was losing my mind...

The day went by, letting me recover my self control, but i could barely sleep at night, thoughts running through my brain... Was i becoming crazy ? Did that tree really talked to me ? Did someone made me a joke ? I finally fell into a disturbed sleep, all my questions without answers. I had to make things clear...

The day after, i came back in the same street, standing a bit away from the tree, staring at it, thinking to myself : "If you can talk, speak now." Nothing was happening but the leaves moving in the wind... "Wait ! there's no wi..."

And as i was thinking to myself, I heard the voice again, shivering just like the leaves a few seconds before.

"Greetings Lalwende"

Getting over my fear, my curiousity being stronger, I came closer to the tree and put my hand on the trunk, looking around to make sure nobody was seeing me.

"Did... Did you just talk ? I asked in a whisper.

- I did, I always greet humans. None has ever answered me yet, nobody but you Lalwende."

Comfused, I stayed silent for a moment, looking at the tree as I was walking around it slowly, my hand sliding on its peel, so many questions in my head. One in particular came back insistently :

"Lalwende... what does that mean ?

- This is you name, he said as it seemed to me its branches were kinda shruging

- No, you're mistaking... My name is Ama...

The trunk twisted a bit itself, making all its leaves shake in a wood crack, and my hand left the tree as i blenched, surprised, feeling a strange vibration going from my palm to tip of my toes, of my hair.

"You were born as Ama, but you were born again recently as Lalwende. It is hiding in you, that's why you're hearing my words young elf."

Elf ! That was it !

I suddenly understood, the tree giving me the key to open the door in my mind where all my questions were stuck. The spell the witch put on me had changed me, or maybe it had just awaken something that already was deep inside me...

Lost in my thoughts, I sat on a bench that was near, looking at the tree from time to time, tons of questions running through the door that just opened, finding their answers one after the other. I can't say how long i stayed there, but i felt a new path was in front of me, and it was my call to pace it, in search of what was inside of me...

I came back to the tree as night was falling, put my hand against the trunk like I did before, and felt again this strange vibration.

"Thank you... tree", i said, unsure about how to call it and left, going back home, comfused like i've never been before, but knowing answers will come soon.

Since this day, i've been searching, reading all I could find about elves, their culture, their habbits... And all of it sounded so familiar to me, like a knowledge I had in me without being aware of it. The more I was reading, the more I discovered myself, understanding that my actions were ruled by my inner nature since i was a child. I understood why i like walking in the forest since i'm a kid, i unerstood why i like spending my time there just listening at all the different noises... And now i know what every little crack, squeek or rustle means.

Knowing more and more, i couldn't help myself to ask the witch to turn me into an elf, definitely. She asked me if i was sure, and with no doubt i said yes. She told me to find a plant, any kind of plant and so i picked a ficus i've been caring about for years. I held it against me while she started to cast her spell, but i suddenly felt lazy and asleep... I soon was dreaming of a magnificient forest, greener than you will never see, hearing all the souls leaving in it, telling me words i didn't understand, but things were peaceful, soft, enchanting...

I escaped from this dream as fast as i drowned in it, and as i openend my eyes, i saw i was naked, my skin covered with strange shapes. The ritual was over... I was worried, wondering what the witch had done to me, but I soon realized I was feeling... different.

My skin was paler, my hair turned to a blond/grey color, my eyes became green, my ears were pointy... And i stood up, jumping off the stool elegantly, feeling the sensations I've felt a few days before as I was walking. So aerial... So agile...

In this first day, I crafted a bow in less than one hour. It was pretty amazing to see how easy that was ! I never thought I could do this, but I sitll have a lot to learn about myself, about my skills, about my ears... I have to learn about my people too... I'm looking forward to it !

And so the story begins...