3DXChat Community

Can't connect to servers

Guest MichaelSins

Calm down people. It doesn't do the devs any good not to resolve this as fast as they can. Not just because it can cause existing customers to cease their subscription, but because word of mouth could kill the chance of ever getting new customers either. If it's a provider issue like I suspect it is, then it really is reasonable that they might be stuck in tech support hell trying to get it resolved and that it really is taking this long. Especially when you consider this isn't a megacorp that has a high tier of service from said provider.

This kind of stuff happens and isn't the first time I've seen a small dev team encounter a massive issue like this. Even larger and more well known teams can have issues like this. Ever hear of a little game called Minecraft? One entire weekend the authentication servers were down and out, no one was getting on. And this was within the last year or so, not when they were just getting off the ground. Completely killed plans for a big group of friends and I for a weekend of building needlessly complicated Rube Goldberg machines, which we had been rather looking forward to.

Ever think to say ok 3DXChat its time employ more staff and not say oh i'm sure with a small team and blah blah, who cares about the small team when the small the quality of basics like keeping updated the clients with progress on different issues. Lately the small team its always brought up even if the community grows bigger, I as a business owner I know this: the more income the more clients, the more clients the bigger the team gets or lower the service you provide, and only that seams to be the problem with them: small team. So again please get heads out of where they are now devs and address the issue stop think we less we get more income and start be proactive or you might end up jobless or working for a skeleton game  and for always remain a mediocre provider that is happy with providing a product that could be amazing but in fact becomes a cannonball goes up with a bang and down with a even bigger one.

probably those who had paid a full year sub are not affected? idk :mellow: good question...someone have the answer maybe?

I payed for all year ( decided go from pay monthly to pay per year cause i decided in December after no updates and no responses that they do not deserve the full payment for the low service provided if have a product i can pay less for it when they don't get full marks i will so i stop pay full and got the discount// stil consider was a stupid idea if I hadn't had my wife here I'd not have done it\\ )its same problems some people say they buy new subscriptions and they get in with that account but old one gets same message tho on that case its even more strange why would say "can't connect to server" and not say " wrong id/password" .

That being say I do not intend pay other 20 British pound at my already 1 year subscription and to make a new account cause they do such a piss poor job.

I tried a few time this morning and this afternoon but no luck for me so far. I'm still unable to play the game. Personnaly i'm in the game for a few month already and it's the first time i had such a problem (i purchased a year anyway). I just hope things will get fixed... that's the only thing i can do unfortunately.

Hahaha can't even change my own password on the site in members area keep saying old password wrong tho its the only password they keep say I have after I refresh and that even if I get log in there with same damn password. OML 3DXChat wtf is going on right now fix this damn problems. Or maybe you do this on purpose every update you do seams its bugged maybe its the only way you think to make your people not asking again for new updates hahaha maybe that the case you hope no one will ask for new poses clothes and stuff if they see you keep mess it up? LOL I stil wait from an answer from the ones in charge, we all do our eyes are on your nonexistent activity when you are criticize and only activity on likes and thanks that you so fast seam to like and comment to.

Hmm...

I'm starting to wonder if this is affecting people who paid this year. For example, some of the 6 mo or 1 year subbers who are getting into the game fine may have paid before January this year? Whereas monthlies paid recently, I bought a 1-year but I bought it in January and I can't login... are any of the people who can login monthly subbers? Or are they all longer-term subbers who paid before 2016?

I'm just making up stuff as I go here in the hopes of breaking the black box. I could be completely off-base.

Hmm...

I'm starting to wonder if this is affecting people who paid this year. For example, some of the 6 mo or 1 year subbers who are getting into the game fine may have paid before January this year? Whereas monthlies paid recently, I bought a 1-year but I bought it in January and I can't login... are any of the people who can login monthly subbers? Or are they all longer-term subbers who paid before 2016?

I'm just making up stuff as I go here in the hopes of breaking the black box. I could be completely off-base.

I have a 6 month subscription, and I cannot get on.

Guest beccie

Ever think to say ok 3DXChat its time employ more staff and not say oh i'm sure with a small team and blah blah, who cares about the small team when the small the quality of basics like keeping updated the clients with progress on different issues. Lately the small team its always brought up even if the community grows bigger, I as a business owner I know this: the more income the more clients, the more clients the bigger the team gets or lower the service you provide, and only that seams to be the problem with them: small team. So again please get heads out of where they are now devs and address the issue stop think we less we get more income and start be proactive or you might end up jobless or working for a skeleton game  and for always remain a mediocre provider that is happy with providing a product that could be amazing but in fact becomes a cannonball goes up with a bang and down with a even bigger one.

Thing is, I was told by a player who said he was 'close' to the dev team that they wanted to increase the number of players to generate more income to improve the game... which makes like zero business sense. Basic business principle: make a fab product and it'll sell itself. Make an average product and you'll be forced to work harder to persuade less people to buy it.

In fairness to the devs, developing a game isn't the same thing as running a business and doesn't necessarily equip them with the knowledge or skills to do both effectively.

I have a 6 month subscription, and I cannot get on.

But when did you buy it? If you bought it this year, like I did with my 1-year, then it supports my wild guessing. If you bought 4 months ago, it doesn't. :3

Thing is, I was told by a player who said he was 'close' to the dev team that they wanted to increase the number of players to generate more income to improve the game... which makes like zero business sense. Basic business principle: make a fab product and it'll sell itself. Make an average product and you'll be forced to work harder to persuade less people to buy it.

In fairness to the devs, developing a game isn't the same thing as running a business and doesn't necessarily equip them with the knowledge or skills to do both effectively.

Let's not jump on the conspiracy train please. Hanlon's razor is sufficient for the time being.

I am sure that if you get it out there you have a plan, as i am sure that everyone thinks without having a business driven mind that more developers = better service, and better service = better comments, and better comments = better mouth to mouth recommendation (witch is best free publicity). And that its a lame terms example on anything not just internet sites and games and best way on  how to increase your members with no expenditure other than salary's. ;)

Guest beccie

Let's not jump on the conspiracy train please. Hanlon's razor is sufficient for the time being.

I had to look that up but... LOL.

Sapphire, I like you bought mine this year. I was was saying it to say I'm in the same boat you are. It is a reasonable thought. It may have something to do with the time we subscribed.

But im sure they will get this figured out.

So on the virtue of two data points of long-term subs bought this year plus all the monthly people, I'm going with "massive billing server cock-up" as head-canon until more facts emerge.

Anyone who can get into the game, when did you buy your subs and what time unit did you buy? Approximate is probably sufficient if it was a while ago given the current working hypothesis.

Personally i would rather have them working on the problem rather than here holding our hands.  Is there presence here gonna make the repair faster?

I can get in but my sweetie cannot.  Year sub bought in December and applied 17th January after 7 months of mo to mo.

Personally i would rather have them working on the problem rather than here holding our hands.  Is there presence here gonna make the repair faster?

I can get in but my sweetie cannot.  Year sub bought in December and applied 17th January after 7 months of mo to mo.

A message from the developer wouldn't make them solve the problem faster, but for us it would be great signal to show us that we aren't just money bags for them. :(

Guest DaniStar

Not asking them to hold my hand. I would just like a damn word from them telling us just what the hell is going on

I do not think  5 minutes a day to say they working on it and what they think is from and apologies for the inconvenience will have such a big impact on their "working" on the issue. No one say come hold our hands or stay here, but respect us as customers and keep us in the loop and not in just this matter but any matter that could ever again appear we all know every update brings a problem and they should start man up and express in real time their excuses for the inconvenience and then do not give me 1000 useless gold witch everyone gets anyhow not just the ones that could not get in time due to this issue.