3DXChat Community

DJing in Public Places (attempt #2)

DocQ

The most DJ's are EDM DJ's yes I agree because the most Member request to become a DJ for her preferred genre. If this genre EDM is then will this be ok for me because the genre isn't matter to show the kind of Art of this DJ ;)

And trust me to become a Access for the locations with mixed EDM music isn't so easy like for the non-mixed Locations.

You pay a monthly membership for the game Access but trust me you don't pay one cent for music, a DJ Access or for entertaining. ;)

I will not discuss about the preferred genres of the DJ's and I will also not discuss about how much DJ's should be there to the public Locations because everyone get a chance who deserves. I'd be happy too if more DJ's request for alternate genres but 8 of 10 request are about EDM and mixed music.

EDM is the most preferred genre of the Members in 3DXChat because the Fresco club needs 1/2 of the total resources monthly.

I do also not care about groups in 3DXChat because I do not know any.

DocQ's fault was not his genre or music because I don't know what kind of music he is preferring.

His fault was to be impatient, disrespectful and uncomprehending...

To set a DJ Access for public Locations is it also needed to share Trust and Time with this person and I'm not ready to share my trust and time with everyone.

I'm also not there to play DJ Dady for someone...

I said it also in the other Topic with the same kind of discussion...

A recommendation of an current DJ will help to get faster a chance because I don't know all DJ's in 3DXChat and I've also not the time to listen each DJ in 3DXChat.

It seems you are already playing daddy to your little group of dj's ....when the most important thing is to find a solution that is fair to everyone not just one group as it is now ...Doc was voicing his frustration and  offering to be helpful and you twist it into a personal attack on your dj's ...really???....it just shows the one sided thinking that is causing the problem in the first place .....

The rules are in place because some people take the music stuff a bit to easy. Especially when it come to legality questions. As host of a stream you always responsible for whats playing on there...

And if someone streams illegal content you get some serious penalty for that. In worst case you go to prison for 5 years. Its a written law in Achilles country and they take it very serious there. While illegal downloaded music might be not so bad in other countries in germany its not taken lightly. And I am very sure if you d be in his place you dont want to go to prison either just because some ppl want to cheapskate by downloading Youtube songs or just download huge libaries via Torrent.

As Doc said he purchases his music and pays for the ability to DJ... so it's really a mute point... it just comes down to the fact that Achilles isn't willing to give Doc a chance and has turned Docs legitimate question and offer into a personal attack instead of discussing ways of improving this game ....and if Doc leaves we loose a really great guy and a top DJ and that will all be on Achilles....

Talking is ok if its minimal. I mean, just me personally, i want to hear the music, I dont want the music turned down every 30 sec so the DJ can have conversations with people in the room. 

But the thing with FC... it's a club. EDM is the theme. It's no diff than playing love music at LI, Thats how its supposed to be. NC is themed for 80s, 90s, pop, etc.  I dont think many people would be happy if we started playing rock in FC. People go there expecting EDM.

What's lost in all of this is that this is a game for various people with various tastes not just a game for fans of EDM ....yes other music is played in other public places but the majority of it is sub par cover songs which are being played to try to keep the non EDM lovers quiet ....it's sad that that's all we can get when we pay every month to play the game just as you do....I applaud you for giving of your time and money to dj for the players....all I am asking is balance the field a little ...

No problem :)

And I do also not discuss about the DJ Rules because each point is a kind of honor to support the song Artists, Labels & Music Industries... Without this guys you haven't also no Songs for your Audiences where you want to entertain. You can't play the game also not for free or on a illegal way, because if no one pay his membership isn't the game there.

Entertain People with stolen and Illegal Downloaded content isn't DJing in my opinion.

But to this day where the ppl doesn't want my support any more in 3DXChat I will go wordless and spend my free time for other stuff ;)

I just don't understand ......instead of trying to make things better you have turned this into a personal attack on you and your DJ'S.....why not work on finding a solution and some common ground ....it would be much more productive don't you think?

It seems you are already playing daddy to your little group of dj's ....when the most important thing is to find a solution that is fair to everyone not just one group as it is now ...Doc was voicing his frustration and  offering to be helpful and you twist it into a personal attack on your dj's ...really???....it just shows the one sided thinking that is causing the problem in the first place .....

Loool sure ^^ :lol:

I think all of the current DJ's will agree when I say: The DJ's who follow right and rules hear never of me except someone have a question or contact me ;)

And I say it one time again. It's possible for everyone who have talent, experiences and legal content! But I need not set ppl who abuse the Community Rules, DJ Rules or is disrespectful.

You should be happy and thankful if we made it possible for everyone because not many Clubs and Community select the djs on this way.

I say it also one time again, no one of the current DJ's was known of me before, all got his access only about the music and his kind of entertaining.

I say also this one time again: I don't need do this it's optional and voluntary...

Locations are genre themed theese days. Every location features a different genre that we think matches the environmental. Also the music that plays on the stream is selected to fit the locations. Its not some "random" music that plays there when no DJ is live.

Its handselected and very carefully chosen.

The 3DXchat DJ Networkstreams arent supposed to be radio filled with chatter of the DJ's and playing Top 100 Charts. Its supposed to be unique, handcrafted and matching up the location.

Also as I said before: Theres two kinds of DJ's. Party DJ's that take requests and talk to the crowd alot regardless of the quality of there sets (Mixing Rock with EDM as example) and then theres the DJ's that spend hours to prepare their sets by setting up cues and carefull choosing tracks to match up each other, to create a constant flowing set. Both types have a place in this world and both type have their advantages and disadvantages.

By simply saying, a DJ that never talks or doesent accept requests from the crowd is putting the people to sleep is just rude and unfair. Give respect get respect. Its as simple as that.

I dont think I will post an opinion about your narrow view of genres. As your thread is also leading nowhere

You should visit other locations too. Not everyone plays in Fresco all the time. :)

I know that OliU and Darkangel are very active in Sin, and I am regulary playing on the Yacht.

if that is the case Nikki then the selection process is in major need of repair .....I find it hard to believe that thought and hard work were put into the playing of 3 sometimes 4 sub par cover songs to one original song ...sounds like who ever is putting these streams together isn't giving them much thought at all ....

Guest SayaX

The most DJ's are EDM DJ's yes I agree because the most Member request to become a DJ for her preferred genre. If this genre EDM is then will this be ok for me because the genre isn't matter to show the kind of Art of this DJ ;)

And trust me to become a Access for the locations with mixed EDM music isn't so easy like for the non-mixed Locations.

You pay a monthly membership for the game Access but trust me you don't pay one cent for music, a DJ Access or for entertaining. ;)

I will not discuss about the preferred genres of the DJ's and I will also not discuss about how much DJ's should be there to the public Locations because everyone get a chance who deserves. I'd be happy too if more DJ's request for alternate genres but 8 of 10 request are about EDM and mixed music.

EDM is the most preferred genre of the Members in 3DXChat because the Fresco club needs 1/2 of the total resources monthly.

I do also not care about groups in 3DXChat because I do not know any.

DocQ's fault was not his genre or music because I don't know what kind of music he is preferring.

His fault was to be impatient, disrespectful and uncomprehending...

To set a DJ Access for public Locations is it also needed to share Trust and Time with this person and I'm not ready to share my trust and time with everyone.

I'm also not there to play DJ Dady for someone...

I said it also in the other Topic with the same kind of discussion...

A recommendation of an current DJ will help to get faster a chance because I don't know all DJ's in 3DXChat and I've also not the time to listen each DJ in 3DXChat.

I appreciate the hard work you put in but at the same time I can see the point where we do pay money and 3DX is very much about the community, therefore while you have to of course trust the official DJs you have to also give people DJs that people like to listen to. I can see where the frustration lies because here I am busting my balls off week in week out organising events, spending monthly subscriptions on both a server and Apple Music and helping run groups which have a positive impact on the community as a whole and you say "I don't care about groups". It is those groups, that sense of community and belonging to something as a collective that keeps people coming back to the game.

While I disagree with some of Doc's approaches I think on the whole he is being patient and respectful are most aspiring official DJs. What is still the issue is the selection process of official DJs. I know I have been in game longer than some official DJs here and have DJed consistently in all my time in 3DX so I have plenty of patience. Also, I have not been disrespectful. I am just offering suggestions for how the current system could be improved instead it is been taken as a personal attack. In a way, I kind of get that, the official DJs have got to that position so suggestions of change would sound like a threat.

This is about being fair, especially for rock DJs. There is Fresco, Night Club, Love Island and the yacht all suitable for EDM. That is great for all the EDM DJs. All the rock DJs pretty much get is Sin Club. This is fine, yet I am told that Sin Club has exclusively 2 DJs.

How is this fair for other rock DJs? You say exclusive and this implies that other DJs will never get the chance until the exclusive DJs leave the game. It sounds like me and DocQ both can play legal music, both have the backing of the community, have streams capable of supporting large amounts of people etc.

Also, you say it is not about popularity, but in a way it is. If a DJ brings a lot of people then this snowballs into other people staying and sticking around. New people come into the game and see a busy venue and it looks good on the game. Some locations are still dead even when an official DJ is playing (yacht especially). Mix it up a bit by giving more DJs a chance, otherwise it does get to the point where it feels like it is not fair and serving the needs of a few rather than actually serving the needs of the community as a whole. We have given months of our time to this game, serving the community. It would just be nice to get some recognition for the effort we put in to the making 3DX a better place every week. We are not just DJs who play music, we also promote parties, have specific rooms, coordinate other DJs and members. There is a lot more that goes on behind the scenes than just rolling up and playing music.

Also, you say this is not about a contest of who has been here the longest. I have been in game for a while now, I have been doing weekly DJing now for 7 months. I have given a lot to the community, previously as the DJ for Eros Mama Group, with many memorable nights such as Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Rock Night and now as Temple Of Lust. Not just me, but also LadyLiliana and Eraphia who have worked hard to make these groups, making the community a better place, bringing people and good music together. Being told by many people we host the best parties in 3DX.

Jess. You say the default music is crap, but that is your opinion. I don't believe it is up to official DJs to decide "this music is rubbish, my music is better" and then switch on an ad hoc basis. There needs to be some control in place. With official DJs there should be official events for the public locations. If you want to do your own thing, then open up your own room and DJ. At the moment we appear to have exclusive DJs who can change when they want and I can see why there is a limit with that system on the amount of DJs. However, with a more controlled, like at this date and time we have DocQ, at this date and time we have JessicaX etc. that becomes a lot fairer for all. At the moment it is just serving the needs of the selected official DJs.

To summarise. As keeps coming up, this is about fairness for other DJs.

I applaud you Saya it is indeed a matter of fairness but it somehow gets turned into a personal attack instead of working to find a solution to make the game better for everyone concerned .....sounds like some changes need to be made in how and who is selecting the DJ'S....

I think that people are forgetting that DJs are self-funded and do it for the love of music and is not getting any thing from 3DX for their services. Management of these value-added services takes time, personal time. Without them public locations would just be radio stations. I suppose people would like to go back to that. I like EDM sometimes, I prefer Dub, House, well I love many genres. If the music in the club is not something I want to hear I play my own. My nice way of putting it.

and you say "I don't care about groups". It is those groups, that sense of community and belonging to something as a collective that keeps people coming back to the game.

The meaning was: I don't care about a group of where the DJ is coming because a group doesn't shows talent or experiences.

I've no opinion about groups or cliques and it will also never be a reason for become a dj or not.

Hello,

I have been reading all the points here.

Every person who wants to become a public zone dj can apply to do so. It is not exclusive to specific people, everyone is able to apply. But they have to follow rules and guidelines that have been set in place. A sort of "Terms of use" for the public location streaming servers.

People who are accepted gets access to the official public location streams of their choosing, of where they will be sure they will play as it isn't a reason to have access to one of the streams then never use it.

Those who are inactive are no longer classed as official 3dx public location stream djs and they have their access revoked from the streams and will need to apply again like everyone else if they return to make it fair on everyone so there is not a select few who get access and those who don't it all depends if you follow all guidelines of the terms of use and such.

Achilles does get a lot of requests to Dj each day so it will take him time to get round to listening to your djing and such to see if you can become one of the public location djs.

Before the system was much more strict as there was only one live dj stream in public. But Achilles knew it was unfair on people who wanted to dj and dj the other locations so it is why this new system was released to help remedy that to give people more a chance. And indeed DJing is a thing which is to bring people to the public locations more rather than hanging in their rooms all day. But everyone gets an equal fair chance. Whether you were here for a couple of months or if you were here from the very beginning you will still be given the same chance as everyone else.

If you're interested in DJing in the public zones then apply for it. But if everyone was accepted you'd have a lot of djs nearly a 100 maybe and then you'd never be given the chance to dj or if you did, it would be months until and that would be unfair as well.

So the reason these guidelines are in place are because it separates the djs who want to dj because they love it and love to bring entertainment to the community to those who "dj" but only do it because they want to be popular. It is a bad way to look at it. As Achilles has always said DJing is a type of art, and it can make you and the community feel great if it is done well. ^^

I know I may have waffled on a bit, forgive me for that, but I just wanted to say something about this.

^_^

Edit: There may be some typos in there, I am on my phone I apologise!

You have a very valid point Ash but the problem I see is that Achilles instead of wanting to make things better and bring DJ'S to the public areas that will draw crowds and keep them ....he is more concerned with the time he says he is spending working to do a job that he offered to do ....oh and turning comments into personal attacks on him and his DJ'S.....if he doesn't want to spend the time bring in someone that does ....

I can honestly say that I have never attacked anyone personally in game or in the forums.  Especially when it came to trying to be given a nod to DJ in public places.  All I ever did was ask Achilles to respond to me PM's to him about how I go about becoming one.  Then when I posted in here because he seemed too busy with real life and other things, I was attacked for doing so. Those that know the real me, know I don't treat people disrespectfully and I do not hold any grudges.

I just want a fair chance, just like a few others in here that would like a fair chance to do what they enjoy doing, and choose to at their own expense.

Like I posted earlier, this started to become a personal attack on me for some reason.  If anyone that knows me knows of a time when I did NOT try to make you enjoy this game more, please say so.  I do this for the music, and for the people...

Not myself....

Ok I think we stop for now the current DJ application.

I think we should try an alternate way to make it easier and fairer for everyone  :)

More infos coming soon but for now no new DJ application PM needed!

I'm sure you will love the new way! The community will be a part of DJ selection.

Thanks for understanding.

Loool sure ^^ :lol:

I think all of the current DJ's will agree when I say: The DJ's who follow right and rules hear never of me except someone have a question or contact me ;)

And I say it one time again. It's possible for everyone who have talent, experiences and legal content! But I need not set ppl who abuse the Community Rules, DJ Rules or is disrespectful.

You should be happy and thankful if we made it possible for everyone because not many Clubs and Community select the djs on this way.

I say it also one time again, no one of the current DJ's was known of me before, all got his access only about the music and his kind of entertaining.

I say also this one time again: I don't need do this it's optional and voluntary..you

You say that I should be happy that you take the time out of your day to make it possible for DJ'S to be selected to play music in public places oh and decide what music I should be allowed to listen too ....you don't seem to grasp the concept that this is a game for all different people not just those who agree with your methods of doing things ....maybe bringing some new blood to this process would get results ....i'm just trying to think of ways to fix the problem ....and no this is not a personal attack on you in anyway...this is the opinion of myself and i'm willing to bet others that feel the same way ....

i'm wait alot of time to get chance for test to bc official dj now that chance is closed only bc 2 or 3 people have issue its a fair i dont think so last official party had 180 listeners i think its awesome my humble opinion achilles doing great job and i not sure we need some changes

:wacko:200.gif

Guest SayaX

i'm wait alot of time to get chance for test to bc official dj now that chance is closed only bc 2 or 3 people have issue its a fair i dont think so last official party had 180 listeners i think its awesome my humble opinion achilles doing great job and i not sure we need some changes

The official party had 180 listeners because gizmo made the event sticky on the forum, put it on the side bar and included it on the login screen. So I think 180 is pretty average with that kind of push. If we all had those privileges we would all get 180 people turn up to events.

You have still your chance because I don't want punish someone who had already a positive reply for a test :)

The official party had 180 listeners because gizmo made the event sticky on the forum, put it on the side bar and included it on the login screen. So I think 180 is pretty average with that kind of push. If we all had those privileges we would all get 180 people turn up to events.

You think really this alone was the reason? Sad if you think so but we had already similar listeners without sticky, newsletter, and info in the Login screen ;)

For example Black Xmas or Springbreak and many many other partys.

I have seen parties, public ones with just the poster at the NC and a posting in events generate 100 or more listeners. So I think that it depends on the event.

Guest SayaX

are you kidding Saya its all about djs and music when i see in you room 180 ppl i admit you have right anyway i angry a bit but be serius its all for me personal issue not a comunity problem

200.gif

Do you honestly think it is the DJ that brings the numbers? It is a combination of the organiser and the DJ that brings the numbers. There is a lot more to organising a successful event that just having a good DJ. The DJs are very public facing and claim a lot of credit but a lot of work goes on behind the scenes to make big parties happen.

Reading this topic, and I suddenly had a strange feeling... "We all pay the same" so we are entitled to it ?

Since when do we pay for the music ? If that is the case then I was mislead for almost 3 years now ( and if so I'd like a refund on that fee because of the many times I turned off the game music to listen to my own :lol:).

Music is only an extra service, funded fully by the exact DJ's that are being somehow targetted.

I won't go into any details but from server costs, to music contents, to time spent on the sets, it's on Achilles and the current DJ's. Just like when a member creates a content for the game, I don't think it's fair to flame them for something they actually don't have to do for us.

Personally I believe the current system is fair, and there is a need for rules and regulations otherwise it will just be a free for all anarchy on the servers.

Is it the current team's fault that most applicants that fit these actual rules are from the same genre ? No it is not.

When you apply for the job, you accept the terms and regulations of the job, you do not try to change those regulations to fit yourself. It's the same here, whether it's paid or not.

All this comes with building a trust with the current team and working together, and knowing when to be patient or not. Would u give an all access pass to a temp hired for a short time ?No.

I'm sure many reasons are actually unknown to most of us posting, as to why one was/is refused or not. Not that we need to know either. Making public display and calling out people for reaction is certainly not the solution.

Anyway, Achilles did just say a new system was being put in place, but I just wanted to point out that the same people asking for fairness are actually not being fair somehow.

Oh and btw..... this is not an event & activities :ph34r: