3DXChat Community

Where are the Men with Men?

Guest MrRob

I was hanging out at the beach the other day and some guy asked me why there were so few gay men and men together in public in this game. "Good question!" I thought. You see girls with girls everywhere. I have some ideas as to why this might be. I would like to hear other people's thoughts first though.  :)

Good observation :) 

It is no surprise to most of you, that  I’m bisexual thus enjoy both sexes, so any variance on the *traditional* or a different choice, does not shock me at all and is respected to the fullest and in the same manner.

But if we are to be honest and speak freely on this forum, without any taboos, I personally have to admit the following.

I find 2 woman beautiful, erotic, exciting to see, woman are gifted with beautiful shaped body contours, graceful, elegant and a few other adjectives  :wub:  . Heterosexual couples are a turn on, as they *fit* into the perfect body harmonious shape play, they were naturally made to accommodate each other.  However, personally I cannot say the same for 2 men together, of course its not prejudice, and I’m not going to use the *cliché line* my best friends are gay, we all know a woman's best friend is a gay man. Its the physical aspect that does not turn me on at all, I have no logic explanation for this, and quite honestly feel stupid, as everything I feel needs to be rationalized, but one has to be truthful with one's emotions, and man on man for me does nothing.

But my personal views are not what’s being questioned here, so where are the gay men? And why they not doing * it * openly?

The first question that comes to my mind is, are most of the woman we see on a daily basis, kissing each other, really into woman, or is it not just part of the rp jig ? I have seen women who reject, for example a kiss from another woman, looked upon as a *prude*. FFS where has the freedom of one being a heterosexual gone? Women should be saying *no* to woman if they not into it, instead of *playing the game*. Women don’t have to be into woman, they can say no also…but I’m guessing it’s easier and at the end of the day *it’s not real*.  For some, it’s actually used as a *turn on* for nearby male spectators... So, do we really have that many women on women around?

People with homosexual or bisexual orientations have long been stigmatized. With the rise of the gay political movement in the late 1960s, however, homosexuality's condemnation as immoral, criminal, and sick came under increasing scrutiny. So, it become *socially* not looked upon with good eyes, to openly discriminate against homosexuals etc. But have ppl really changed that much?

Homosexuality usually remains culturally invisible; when people who engage in homosexual behaviour or who are identified as homosexual become visible, they are subject to attack by society.

How many of the guys will truly remain friends, kiss in a game play, hug, troll, etc having prior knowledge that a guy is actually gay? Very few, the fear of being *hit on* scares the shit out of heterosexual guys. I think ignorance has a lot to do with it. The stupid stereotypes that believe that gay men will try to hit on or feel up every guy they come into contact with, etc. And of course there are those who feel that their masculinity would be threatened, those who thinks it’s gross because they personally don't happen to like men, etc. I could go on for hours here about homophobic behaviours. The fact is, how many gay men out there are prepared to expose themselves and endure all the crap that comes with it? We not talking real life here, where one should make a point, and have the right to live as one pleases, this is just a game, where ppl come to have some fun, and so, should they bother?

I’m sure there are many more *men on men* out there than we think or see, I personally know of a few.

Meh said my piece, please dont shoot me... :ph34r:

In regards apparent homosexuality/bisexuality on the chat I can't say I've actually seen an open male on male couple. I've seen two kiss out of a dare, but I haven't seen the "real deal." I do concur that in today's society that women are encouraged more to be "open minded," while men are often shunned. Honestly though, I'm with Bran in that I'm not interested at all sexually in seeing two males have sex. I'm not going to judge them or be disgusted by the sight of it, but I will opt to turn my attention elsewhere if it pops up so to speak. Additionally, like Bran, I don't feel the same about two females. While I won't openly look for women, as men are my personal preference, I'm not completely against the idea of intimacy with women, nor do I feel the same level of apprehension when the act is being done around me. That said, when I do have such an encounter with a woman it's more about playing around and sharing something private with one another than it is about arousal and release, and it still isn't something I'd admit to outside of the people I commit it with.

I do think all of that boils down to social cues ingrained into our bodies. It's what we're raised around, and most of America at least, is more open to lesbians (or at least non masculine-dressing bisexual women) than it is homosexual males. When I'm out with friends I'll climb all over them and kiss and shove and make sexual jokes towards or gestures, and you see some guys doing stuff like that too, but I think they do it because it's weird or funny, where as my friends and I typically do it because it doesn't bother us and because we've all been changing in front of one another for as long as I can remember.

In the end I think it's just a matter of what's considered okay or common-place in society.

I personally believe that many gay couplings on this game are not apparent mainly due to the gay community being such a minority in general at the moment (it will get bigger im sure). Not only this, but 3dxchat has not really advertised its gay content all that well, its mainly catered to straight men and women (the lesbian content is debatable since we all know how much straight guys like lesbians.) This, of course, is COMPLETELY fine as these types of games have always been catered in such a direction and it will most likely stay that way.

I think that we will be seeing many more gay guys in the future, it's just going to take longer to reach them (always the optimist, Loki =P). Props to them for adding gay content (male/male) so early in beta though i guess? =)

One thing I don't like and I actually hate is racism. i come across an incident yesterday that involves male gay racism. i will not say names but i felt terrible about the guy. luckily there was a moderator there to calm things down.

how can we expect for gay men to revealed them self's and create a gay group when some people are being so bad to them. There is no reason to join the game.

gay people also need to love talk have fun by being them self.

• 2 weeks later...

I really wish the server would have more gay or gay couple (you get the ideas), I wish for 3dxchat to be diversified and where everyone can find what they are looking for. About the display in public, it may be a cultural thing about display of affection between men. I know in Canada two men barely never touch each other, other then a manly handshake or the occasional man hug. One of the only few exceptions I know  it when I go the Gay Village (yep it call like that)  in Montreal, gay couple can actually be couple without been critizied or or getting the awkward look. Things are changing slowly but I do think it getting into the right direction, at least where I am living. 

For me personnaly, I found all expression of affection or sexuality between willing partners beautifull. For me, it doesn't make a difference if it is a man and a woman, two women or two guys, what I see it two peoples sharing a experience, expressing something between them.

That been said, I am hoping for a diverse and healthy community where peoples can freely express  them self as sexual being within the boundary of the game rules *wink at Mods* 

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to reffer to Bran's and Caylix's posts and tell about two incidents that happened to me.

The first one accured when me and my best friend (male) went to visit the University which later on I attended too. A gay man was openly hitting on my friend there, doing it in the most charming and pushy way he could. He was very nice but kept perssuing even after my friend told him he wasnt into man. He wasnt rude or anything, but a bit disrespectful, as I would leave a girl alone if she told me she was gay. That didnt make me feel uncomfortable nor did my friend felt like that. We took it as a nice gesture and Im sure my friend felt complimented.

The second incident involves me, as I was hit by a gay man at my work place. He was a customer, and after finishing his purches, he stayed and started complimenting me. I was quite busy and it took me a while to understand he is hitting on me. When I realized what he is doing, I felt shcocked. I felt like somehow my masculinity was challenged (Yes I said it...). I felt he even considering me being gay was some sort of insult. I didnt feel complimented at all. I was rather rude, and moved to a place with more people so he couldnt talk to me in privete anymore. He understood and left.

To conclude those two stories, I would like to say I agree with Bran and Caylix... Sociaity sucks big time. :P

I would like to reffer to Bran's and Caylix's posts and tell about two incidents that happened to me...

Thanks David, your post is very honest. So now the question on my mind is what is masculinity and how is it challenged by another man making sexual advances? 

Thanks David, your post is very honest. So now the question on my mind is what is masculinity and how is it challenged by another man making sexual advances? 

Things can only be challenged if there is doubts .... :rolleyes:

I will try to give you a simple and direct answer.

Culturally speaking, Women are inferior to man. Man is the model, the right example, the one that created by god. Women considered to be less than man in most cultures. Women had to fight for their rights to dirve a car, to vote, to join the army or to go to univrsity. in all those fights, the main argue against womens rights were that women are not good as men, they just cant do it. As men, we always live in fear of being reduced to the level of woman. In ancient greece, were homosexuality was so accepted, it was always done between older man and young man. the older had to penetrate. If he was penetrated, it was a major humiliation. In hebrew, the word for a female, is simply the female word for a hole. Yes. Female is a hole.And this is why the greeks were so humiliated when another man pentrated them. He used them as a hole. He turned them into a woman.

I belive that when a man is trying to make a sexual advance on me, it triggers the fear of being reduced to a female level. I think I have one staus (male) and here comes this guy and thinks I have a different status (female). This is the thing that makes me flinch. The fear of losing social status, and be stigmatised as lower in the social chain.

I noticed some people here find it hard to understand some of the things I write, so let me say in advance. I dont think women are lesser than man, I dont think there is anything a man can do and a woman cant (except scratching her balls). I only stated the current caltural world we all live in. And if we try hard enough we can change it. Peace.

"Culturally speaking, Women are inferior to man. Man is the model, the right example, the one that created by god. Women considered to be less than man in most cultures."

It definatly does not apply to most cultures. And the was a reason for this, in the old days woman were expected to stay at home, bear the children and look after them and their husbands, thus there was no need for  them to be educated etc,,,,and they were happy with this situation, untill tecnology spread, and tv / radio entered their homes and they starting seeing other cultures, where woman could still have all this but stil more,,,

However, knowing one of these cultures well, I would like to empahsize here, so there is no doubt, woman were not *badly* treated , they were infact, treated as queens by their spouses, ofc alongside their traditional cultural lines. I can tell you that  a few years ago, I lived among one of these cultures, and still today there are woman who make the choice of living like this, they have no wish to vote, work  be bothered with bills,etc,,,all they want is to look after their families and look beautifull.

" In ancient greece, were homosexuality was so accepted..."

Actually it had nothing to do with homosexuality, It was an activity held by the higher classes, during their orgies, where men and woman were present, and yes very young men were chosen, precisely because in their youth they showed very little masculan features, their skins were still soft blabalbal almost as  like a woman. However this practise was not seen with good eyes in Greece and soon look alike places  were built on the outskirts of the cities for these *orgies*. When I visited Greece and had the opportunity to actually visit the ruins(ofc) of these places, i was shoked, precisely at how young *these*boys were, thus not even having a choice.... definatly nothing that can be compared to homosexuality, a sexual preference agreed btw 2 adults.

Also, I would like to mention this practise was common practise in those days, the romans are also known for it,,,,

"I dont think there is anything a man can do and a woman cant (except scratching her balls)"

I would have to disagree and Im happy to do so, woman are totally different from men, Im not talking intelectual, but everything else. Our physical condition by itself makes a huge difference, thus in no way comparable to men. So gratefull for this!!!

Now, using our cultural history to defend what we may feel or not feel hundrends of years later , please:(

How does one explain for example an american feeling the same way you do? They have never had any type of similar history.

Fears are personal, trying to find excuses or historical facts to back them up is in the least ridiculous.

I maintain, fears are based on ones insecurities, be they or whatever they may be.

PLEASE STICK TO THE THREAD SUBJECT AND NOT DIVERGE.

Oh god! Where to start?

Maybe just by stating than feeling your manhood challenged because an other man had some "sexual" outlook on you is... just... silly.

You should rather take that as a compliment.

I have been as heterosexual as can be all of my life. Yet I spent quite a big deal of time within the gay community (the fact a girl I was running after was involved in it had NOTHING to do with it. Too bad she ran faster. lol). I found mostly caring and understanding people. Quite honestly I've never been involved with a community that nice (except for you guys ofc).

I kept 3 things from that time of my life :

1. Kissing the male bartender of the only gay bar of a small town on a sunny Saturday afternoon in main street may lead to some innuendo.

2. I hated being targeted by some kind of moron that couldn't take no as an answer. Yet I took that as a compliment. And I pity you girls to have to endure that though.

3. The important part in "gay people" is people. I'd be glad straight ones could be as open minded and caring. I felt at home with them even though I didn't share their sexual orientation.

My 2 cents

Ok I that. "Ruffles up her skirt and puts her foot in it to"

I been reading this thread like 3 times before decided to give myself a Valium and to reply to this rather interesting subject. And yes I'm on the bus again ...

I personally believe...

What makes one believe. U are not a man just because u are gay? Most of them are more masculine and certainly have more brain then the rest of men. Is it the fact of them not being afraid to explore they sexuality or the fact that they not afraid of showing feeling?

I think our today's society makes gay men having to hide more and more because of some morons in higher places decide it is wrong.

Sad thing is that gay women are more accepted than men. Nobody would say a bad word if they see two women kiss or hold hands in the scary world we live in. Yet if we see men kissing on the road and in broad daylight. Hell is opening up and swallows us all.

The truth is. It's the closed up lil stereo types wich have issues with man on man. But watch them later on in the evening they come home and the gf or wife whispering in their ears that they want a bit of women meat and that their partners to watch. Than the 'typical' man is all for it and everything is forgotten...

And if u really want to step back in time. Gayness was celebrated and accepted as normal way of life. Sometimes I wonder if our world is moving backwards...

Anyways. Enough from my end. As yes my bus stop is near ;)

I would take a closer look at 3dxchats advertisment banners, I've found one and it features heterosexual couple, so guessing that's not appealing to gay community. And second thing I would look at the sites 3dx advertises it self at? Gonna speculate over here, but probably it doesn't advertise on sites frequented mostly by gay population.
I know gay people are unfortunatly under some sort of social pressure everywhere, but somehow I don't feel that should be the case within a virutal world? Or I could be wrong?
I think the answer to the topic question could be found within the advertisment policy. Also a special questionaire could be made for gay population to find out how do they experience virtual world and what can be done for them so they can feel safer if thats the problem.

I would take a closer look at 3dxchats advertisment banners, I've found one and it features heterosexual couple, so guessing that's not appealing to gay community. And second thing I would look at the sites 3dx advertises it self at? Gonna speculate over here, but probably it doesn't advertise on sites frequented mostly by gay population.

I know gay people are unfortunatly under some sort of social pressure everywhere, but somehow I don't feel that should be the case within a virutal world? Or I could be wrong?

I think the answer to the topic question could be found within the advertisment policy. Also a special questionaire could be made for gay population to find out how do they experience virtual world and what can be done for them so they can feel safer if thats the problem.

3DX has not really advertised much, and finding one advert with a heterosexual couple is absolutly normal, as that is what we have most, the same way we accept  gay couples, we also do not stigmatize the heterosexual ones just to prove we an open community..

You correct however in your assumption of speculating, we have not really advertised anywhere, besides youtube and a few others but tech. linked.

It is also a well known fact that the gay community is a very closed one and hard to get into into or atract. Things take take time, however we are open to sugestions and possible advertising links all the time. As for the questionaire, I dont agree, I dont see why the gay community should be treated any different from the heterosexual, who never had any questionaires. In my opnion its prisely when we start offering different treatments, that we start making the differences, I see no difference between them, to me they all people, their sexual preferences is ones private sexual options and should not mark a difference. :)

Remark on heterosexual couple banner was for the simple reason that advertisment isn't appealing for all audiences. Nothing else, just trying to aswer the main question from marketing perspective. Nothing else...

I agree that everyone should be treated equally. Somewhere in this debate a question arised wheter gay community is treated equally. I'm not suggestion live usage of questionare, just trying to say that if there are some suspcions, real life investigation should be conducted trough some viable tools. Altough  solution should be giving more ways for everyone to express their concerns or problems they might be having. Anonymus tool perhaps? We have bug reports for techical problems and we have moderators if someone is bothering, attacking someone or breaking general rules of conducts. Not sure if we have tools to express this types of problems?

Not really trying to prove any point, just sharing my thoughts on topic:)

"Not really trying to prove any point, just sharing my thoughts on topic:)"

Thats the wayayayaya I like it umumum thats the wayayayaya I liek it lalalal......

Totally agree with the sublime message *I think* you trying to get across, yet, this has been a never ending centuries study, last few years a lot of progress has been done, at least ppl are not being cast as demented for having dif. sexual desires. But forgive my pertinence is saying , the problem lies  in the very basics, the education we get , the moment we pop out. It starts right there. This brings me to a music, which I can't remember the title atm, but it basically says, a child is colour blind untill he hears his parents refer to a person as *black* or *coloured*......, I think the same pretty much applies to anything or anyone else that makes a different choice from our parents. I am very proud when I say I am a mother of a 6 year old boy, who has a *black* uncle ( adoption) whom my son loves, and sometime ago when askd if he saw any difference in uncle Danny, he said *NO*, and beleive me, he did not, for him it was so   natural that he saw no difference, the same applies to mommies gay friends. So.... what do we need to do ??? Re educate ourselves in order to educate the next generation, cuz my friends, it dont matter  what colour, religion, sexual prientations, etc,,you are or have, we all come from the same and go the same way <3

I think the advertisement of the game on gay oriented media would help and make sure there is content appealing to them.  I know on my part, I didn't even heard about 3dxchat right after it was already about 9-10 month old. I would have joined earlier if I would have heard about it before.

Just a little comment about gay guys content, well, this game really need to add a gay blowjob pose. I feel for the guys, I don't know a guy who doesn't like a blowjob, taken or given, gay or hetero. ;)

Hopefully more contents will come as more gay men join the server. A little advertisement could help a bit but wow, I am not the one to ask when it come to marketing.

I agree with all of the recent posts. I sort of touched on the "advertising" thing rather briefly in my previous post (which i did quite a while ago).

To contribute to this topic, i'd also like to mention that there would be much more men on men in 3dxchat if Bisexual men weren't so "in the closet" so to speak. In real life, i understand that coming out and displaying your sexual orientation rather apparently isn't always an easy thing to do, especially in regards to certain parts of the world and in certain cultures, where maybe coming out as gay or bisexual could cause the risk of violence, isolation and other things i would not like to talk about as they are not very nice :(

HOWEVER this is a virtual world. An online world. A community world where people can be who they want to be, whether that be themselves, or roleplaying something else. So, why should you hide your sexuality on 3dxchat?

With this all in mind, i'm going to assume that most of you know who i am - i'm one of the few openly and exclusively (not bi like many) gay men on 3dx chat. Okay okay, i know, GET TO THE POINT LOKI. Ahem, well, the amount of times i have been approached by "straight" men in this game via pm...i can't even recall how many. My point is, it's not just the gay men that need to not be afraid of expressing themselves, it's the BISEXUAL men that need to. If every bisexual player were open about their sexuality on 3dx, i guarantee that the gay community wouldn't be as much of a minority as we seem. This of course seems a bit weird because on a virtual game, aren't we sort of anonymous? its not all going to come back to you in real life and bite you on the ass.

I've questioned a few of these bisexual men, and some of them have actually told me (whether this is true or not, or just an excuse, i have no idea) that they do not openly show their sexuality on their 3dx profiles because they have been harassed or insulted or ridiculed on 3dxchat. Okay...wait RIGHT THERE!

I have been on 3dx for over a month, and yes, i may not completely know what 3dxchat was like in much earlier times, but from the time i have spent here, i have NEVER...NEVER experienced any sort of open discrimination or someone insult me because of my sexuality on 3dx. And i am flirtatious, openly gay and quite flamboyant at times too. Guess what? no one cares! Hell! people even love it! (including some of my straight male friends.)

Straight, gay, bi, trans, fish, mammal, gnome, hippopotamus! whatever! nobody cares! On 3DX everyone just wants to have a good time and make friends and be involved in a friendly environment without any stigma or anything attached to who are as a person.

/RANT END

I want to share some personal experience. In 3DXChat I am bisexual, I don't think it's 50/50 plus how I feel about men is different to how I feel about women so it's hard to put a ratio on it.

In my profile I (usually) don't disclose my preference of women or men or both. There are two reasons for this. The first is for some reason I don't want to be so obvious about who I am interested in. The second is about the fear of people's altered perception and it's effects. 

What do I mean by altered perception? To put it bluntly if I reveal myself to be bisexual I am worried it will alienate me from the male and female heterosexual and female bisexual crowd, that men and women who are interested in friendship, and women who are interested in me sexually, will either stop or be less interested in me. I'm also worried that they will have a different perception of how I would behave in an encounter. I think this effect definitely exists. I also think that I would garner different interest for being bisexual but I still don't want the negative effects from people's altered perception of me.

Also, there have been moments in 3DXChat which have given me doubts about revealing my bisexuality. I was in a truth or dare game once when one of the guys left because he was asked to kiss another guy. Another game one of the guys was openly talking about how off putting he found it when two men were together. I wondered if he read everyone's profile before saying that to make sure he didn't offend anyone. I doubt he did. In another game a guy and I kissed then I got a PM from a female friend of mine saying "Haha you are a man lover now!". I'm certain she didn't mean anything by it, but her perception of me was obviously different to what I am, and if I tell her will she be less interested in me even as just a friend?

It's clear to me that real life perceptions do very much extend into the game, and if I do come back to 3DXChat (on leave at the moment till I figure out what I want from it), I want to take Bran's advice who once told me I should "let it all hang out", but it will be an effort for me to do that because of my fears. Even writing this post makes me nervous.

Teehee.. Bran gives good advice I feel. There's no mistaking it.. it's not easy advice to follow for many, but the benefits you reap from doing so are worth having and experiencing.

Attraction toward men and women isn't a 50/50 ratio for myself either. Even if we knew that "yesh, Poly's attraction ratio for men and women is 64/36" I assume those numbers would change within the next 5 minutes. I suggest attraction isn't particularly mathematical. ^.^

Well, I will say that intrigue and mystery are very appealing qualities to have. Being obvious all the time may result in being less interesting. I don't think you want to overdo it, but there is a vast difference between being truthful and being obvious.

I agree that your proposed effect of 'altered perception' exists. When someone learns that what they originally knew to be true about someone else.. is in fact false.. it changes things. Of course it does. I believe the best remedy for this problem is to avoid it altogether and be truthful to begin with. "Let it all hang out" as Bran dear suggests.

Fear can be a rather restrictive emotion and it can cause us to behave irrationally.. making decisions that we might think are best for us, especially in the short term, but.. the long term circumstances seem to suffer. I wonder at why you feel bisexuality is something that should alienate you. There's no denying it.. in the eyes of some people it will alienate you. I wonder why you burden yourself with their problem and their perception of bisexuals. You might say that you wish to avoid any negative reactions of others.. but if someone was a friend of MrRob the heterosexual and is not a friend of MrRob the bisexual.. were they ever a friend of you at all? Are you certain you actually want that particular person's friendship?

I agree. Real life perceptions extend into our game.. but don't worry about the negative perceptions of some. We are an open minded community and for every negative perception there are two or more positive perceptions. For any scathing comment there is a bunch of misfits willing to back you up and shoo away the nastiness. ^.^

Ironically  the *men with men* have been here all the time....

For some reason that escapes me, some preferred to hide behind female avatars, claiming to be *lesbians* or *bis*.

I been debating with myself for days whether to write this or not, but as the days go by and people who have in some way been affected (victims?)  by  these revelations and feel cheated, used or.... leave the server, or worse still, I hear now constantly, I wont go with another *female* until I hear her voice or cam with her, an extremely uncomfortable feeling growing in this server forces me to express my feelings, views, whether right or wrong. Don’t give me the *oh its virtual one can do what one wants, yes, but not at the expense of others*

Does it start with a feeling of fulfilling a fantasy? Can a fantasy last months? Is there a need to elaborate to detail stories about oneself that are not true to your closest friends? Even after people finding out, continue to play the people who don’t know?

I don’t have the answers :( I’m no psychologist or expert.  I’m just a simple 26 year old female, bisexual by choice, who has fulfilled a lot of fantasies in my life but taken care not to hurt anyone as I do so, or at least not prolonging the lie.

I know to make a *fantasy* really good, one sometimes needs to live that personality to the fullest in order to really make true that fantasy. But once it’s over, it’s "DONE". And the truth should be replaced, if it was not previously mutually agreed upon.

I can’t for the life of me understand for a fantasy can run for months.... Feeding our closest friends an ocean of lies etc

Can one really call it a fantasy than? Or are we talking about ppl who are unhappy with their sex and wish or feel happier being another. If so, why still the lies?

This is a virtual world where people can be whatever they wish to be, no one needs to hide, people have pretty much open minds.

However, this is precisely the "type" of behaviour that makes people back off, withdraw from the gay communities, the feeling of being lied to, being used by a *gay*. You people give the gay community a bad name!!!

I don’t even know what to call this, gay? Lesbian? I mean what to you call a guy, who hides in a woman body, that targets woman mainly, although also takes men???

Does it really matter what one calls them? I don’t think so, no one really cares...

What people care about is being lied to. And I’m not even referring to the *one time* sexual prelude, I’m referring to friendship built on lies.

A lie is a false statement to a person or group made by another person or group who knows it is not the truth, intentionally. A barefaced (or bald-faced) lie is one that is obviously a lie to those hearing it. A Big Lie is a lie which attempts to trick the victim into believing something major which will likely be contradicted by some information the victim already possesses, or by their common sense.

“Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.”

“So you're always honest," I said.
"Aren't you?"
"No," I told him. "I'm not."
"Well, that's good to know, I guess."
"I'm not saying I'm a liar," I told him. He raised his eyebrows. "That's not how I meant it, anyways."
"How'd you mean it, then?"
"I just...I don't always say what I feel."
"Why not?"
"Because the truth sometimes hurts," I said.
"Yeah," he said. "So do lies, though.”

“It is an occupational hazard that anyone who has spent her life learning how to lie eventually becomes bad at telling the truth.”

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.” :( :( :(
Friedrich Nietzsche

For those who feel this is *JUST* a game and  one can do whatever one wants, than this post does not apply to you, as its directed at ppl to build relationships, friendships ....

Ironically  the *men with men* have been here all the time....

For some reason that escapes me, some preferred to hide behind female avatars, claiming to be *lesbians* or *bis*.

I would like to say that it should not come as a surprise to anyone who has ever been on the internet in some social capasity that some people claim to be female to garner attention and/or gifts of some form. It has been happening since the advent of the internet and I am afraid it is not going anywhere anytime soon.

I would say that it has a lot to do with attention, the men who pretend to be female get more attention and find it easier to talk to other females (let's ignore for the time being that they are probably just talking to other guys), it is usually expected that the man make the first move and these men are most likely socially inept/awkward so it is easier for them to not initiate conversation but have someone else begin it.

I would also like to give some food for thought:

Anima

In the male unconscious there is the concept of Anima, the inner feminine feelings/thoughts of the male, so it could be in some cases that the men pretending to be female are just either exploring their own psyche, their Anima, most likely unknowingly, or their Anima has possibly somehow got out of control to some extent.

It's kinda late when I'm writing this so my apologies if it makes absolutely no sense.