3DXChat Community

Make it fare by everyone

Guest Twiggy

Butt hurt? I am not. What I would like to see and those that don't use mods, cheats, cheat engines or whatever the hell you'd like to call them is fairness and an equal playing field for all. If anyone read anything I said I said to either make it possible for all to do or implement a system to detect it and punishes those that committed the offense. If a member wishes to be dumb enough to commit the same offense three times then that would be on them. 3dxchat has far more members than people give them credit for. Also your response explaining what you felt they should've done to prevent people from hacking them saying it was their fault sounds like that of what a hacker would say. Also for those that have nothing relevant to add in regards to possibly stopping said things from going on or getting devs to make it within the guidelines that wish to bash me and defend the right to break the rules then clearly this will be my last response to you should you continue to defend the right to break the rules. Farewell cheaters, cause you won't get another reply from me. To those that do on the other hand feel like me though you don't want to be bashed by these cheaters and cheater supporters I do understand. Should you choose to say something I will reply.

I understand the ToS about no cheats and game hacks but lets be real... the lack of options literally makes this a very common thing among users. I would venture to say well over 1/2  of user rooms are edited with DLL or CE. These room hacks are usually done to draw in and accommodate more people. Is it hurting anyone else's game experience? Is it taking away from your enjoyment? 

A few things to consider... As said by a few others... they are not going to start issuing bans to over 1/2 the community because these mods are not detracting from others experiences., if anything it's making for a much more enjoyable experience for everyone. And if if not for CE and the color hacks, i doubt we would have the color wheel options we have now. I'm hoping the devs also see this as an opportunity to give us the tools we would like to have for more control in the room editor. That would be a win for all.

I'm still amazed at this topic.

I'd understand if you simply asked to make it available for all without the use of CE.

But this ... A competition ? They have more people in their rooms because they have a speaker in the wall ? I heard that many people enjoy having a big number against their room name ... But to use it as an excuse in a forum complaint ? :mellow: :huh: :o

You know how people come in 3DX for sex, but mostly stay for the friends and relations they make there ? Well people maybe go to those rooms for the shiny cubes and speakers in the walls, but it surely isn't what keeps them there ! 

That being, said, these customisations should be opened for everyone to use, without any third party engine.

I'm still amazed at this topic.

I'd understand if you simply asked to make it available for all without the use of CE.

But this ... A competition ? They have more people in their rooms because they have a speaker in the wall ? I heard that many people enjoy having a big number against their room name ... But to use it as an excuse in a forum complaint ? :mellow::huh::o

You know how people come in 3DX for sex, but stay for the friends and relations they make there ? Well people maybe go to those rooms for the shiny cubes and speakers in the walls, but it surely isn't what keeps them there ! 

That being, said, these customisations should be opened for everyone to use, without any third party engine.

If you build it... (with speakers in the wall)... they will come.  (no pun intended) :P

Guest Twiggy

I can understand peoples frustrations with this, as I said before I do know how to do it but have been wrestling with if I should or shouldn't.

I can see that so many are using it and that it was used in advertising by 3DXChat themselves.

It not only remains that it is breaking rules, and I don't like breaking rules, but the trouble it is causing is getting out of hand.

I have seen arguments in would chat, local chats and even seen friendships break over it.

It is constantly brought up in these forums and gets heated every time it is.

I would even go as far as saying it is creating a division in the community.

So for those who think it no real big deal you should think again.

The answer is obvious, give us the tools to do the things in our rooms we want to do.

Or at least let us know those tools are in the planning and will be added soon.

What I think we can do is start suggesting things we want and for once all get together on it.

Things like maybe building blocks, being able to raise certain items to a certain height.

I  know lots have suggested before, but I also know that it takes things being presented in here so many times that the devs cannot say no before it happens.

It has to be getting close to that with this.

So guys suggest away, come up with ideas, make pics of what you want, the devs can more easily understand that, and get behind the ideas you think are good.

The use of the hack shows only the need of the users to make something new, to create something that differs from the rest.

And this happens not because they need to make the cubes one on the other or to write names with that or to build stairs (to upper floor or to heaven), they do that because they want something new... They feel limited by the lack of contents. They wanted colors and used the hack for colors, they want their room bigger and used the hack for making stairs, they want privé dark zones and they use the hack for putting objects against the windows to block the light coming from outside.

My opinion:

- I am not a fan of hacking and cheating anything.

- Letting a pic with the hack be posted on the official site is no logic.

- If there's so much the need of these things, are these things harmful for the game? If yes, let the new update to block all of this; if no, let the new update to introduce these features too.

- I see all this hacking as an expression of desire. We are all the same, standardized in sizes and faces, all because our genitals can slide inside the right holes instead of trespassing our bodies (as well as our hands etc..).

- Last thing. If devs don't stop it, people will start (as already do) to think this is lecit, SO they want it. I want it too, but not through a third party program, I want it implemented in the game we love to personalize to make friends and events and to enjoy. This is the best thing we don't have to forget...enjoy.

Kiss

Nion

Guest Twiggy

Well after speaking with Gizmo on this matter and asking if he could add some things for our rooms so the cheat is not needed to do certain things, which is what many in here are suggesting is what needs to be done.

I won't say exactly what he said but I don't think we can expect any additions of that type in our rooms in the near future if at all.

Other things he said can only be taken as he does not care about the use of the cheat, so I will be going for it in my room and not worrying about breaking the rule.

Totally agree there Shanti... and even if it were available as standard feature I don't think I'd be in any rush to use it.

Funny thing is people seem to have a problem with the word "Cheat".

Wonder if it would be such a big issue If it were actually called "Customization Engine".

Totally agree there Shanti... and even if it were available as standard feature I don't think I'd be in any rush to use it.

Funny thing is people seem to have a problem with the word "Cheat".

Wonder if it would be such a big issue If it were actually called "Customization Engine".

Yes after reading this topic again & to see how it merged elsewhere... I think your right on with the English used to define & name the engine for what it does... A better more professional name could have been given for the engine...

Guest Twiggy

This will be an ongoing dispute until some sort of boundaries or agreement is achieved.

For myself I feel like I am caught in the middle, I can see rights and wrongs in both sides of the argument.

On one side it is not only that there is a rule in place and technically rules are there to be followed, it is also that for some people it does effect what they can be involved in in the game.

I use to have a fairly low end computer and a shaky Internet connection, at that time I was not able to attend the large parties held at LI.

Even if I did manage to land there moving around was almost impossible and I would be lucky to last 2 minutes before I crashed, even typing in local chat was effected.

It wasn't much fun sitting in my room with pms going to all my friends that were able to be there and enjoy the party.

On the other side it has been made very apparent that the cheat is tolerated and the rule is not enforced.

If so many are using it and it has even been shown in official pages form the developers then why not use it.

It allows for a much higher level of creativity and can be said it adds to the game itself in the rooms people produce.

It also allows to add extra space.

As it is allowed and used so extensively now, and that it has also become apparent that the devs have no plan on any changes that have been suggested that can replace it's use.

I think we need to maybe establish some sort of understanding ourselves on the dos and don'ts when using it.

For example, when building your room think about what you intend to do with it.

If you are planning on having large parties then I feel it is not a good idea to go overboard on the amount of items you add.

The more you do the more people you will effect with lag and crashing problems, first the people with low end computers then people with mid range.

People that hold events in rooms like ones with multiple DJs that are likely to draw large crowds, the organisers should take into account that rooms with heavy use of the cheat will create problems for a number of people and stray away from using those rooms.

I love seeing rooms where people have done lots to them and come up with new things and have shown how creative they can be.

But I have to admit that even with my high end computer attending large parties at some of them can be a bit of a pain, not only do I still get some lag, but all I hear is people complaining about the lag.

I don't know, it's a tough one and I just thought I would throw this in as a thought.

Well after speaking with Gizmo on this matter and asking if he could add some things for our rooms so the cheat is not needed to do certain things, which is what many in here are suggesting is what needs to be done.

I won't say exactly what he said but I don't think we can expect any additions of that type in our rooms in the near future if at all.

Other things he said can only be taken as he does not care about the use of the cheat, so I will be going for it in my room and not worrying about breaking the rule.

Fair. Then:

- I INVITE all the people to USE cheats in this game.

- I RECOMMEND to USE cheats in this game.

- I WILL SUPPORT each person who express the need to have the LINKS and the GUIDE in this forum to find the HACK SOFTWARE.

- I WILL BE GLAD to cheat this game to personalize it.

Kiss

Nion

Well... Posting links to it I thought was expressly and explicitly against forum rules, so probably no one really wants to break that rule since it is so open that you are breaking it. Doing it below the radar. Posting about how seems like you are inviting trouble... Maybe.

Well the discussion is about making it fair for everyone, especially due to the use of hacked room pictures on official websites. Which is a legitimate request, even tho based on hacks. If this was removed, some would cry for censorship when admins use those pictures, which would be unfair as well. 

That being said, no one is going to put a "how to hack" post here without the consent of the admins. Yes it is against the rules, and yes it is massively used in game but Forum cannot enforce the happenings in the game, so just find someone in game who does it, ask them, do your thing and move on with your life.

No point trying to ruffle feathers here just in order to provocate and stir up the drama.

Cheat engine as well many other software ( for some reason people use cheat engine but there are dozens alternatives as well ) are not illegal in any way as well not associated by this game.

As for the policy.. it's weird... I had posts removed when I showed some DLL edited stuff. yet seems that this talk is okay so .. whatevers.

So if this talk is OK (and to me it seems too), why not posting the link for download and a good guide?

The best thing it can happen is that that post will be deleted.

But if this happens (deleting the post) how devs can explain the fact they seems to permit the use of the cheat?

It is not a cheat to have the membership, neither is a cheat to have more xgolds, but only to be able to MOVE OBJECTS and ADD SOME COLORS... C'mon......

Waiting for a good guy who will help people here. If someone wants to do that privately to me in the forum, I ask him/her to send me a message with the link to download and with a guide about how to use it. I will post all these information here WITH MY NAME, and he/she won't be mentioned ever.

Int this way it will be MADE FAIR FOR EVERYONE.

Kiss and wait

Nion

OK. I don't know how to apply that to this game. But since nobody did that, this is what I simply found by a googling attempt.

This will be deleted soon maybe, but hey nobody is writing here anymore, neither to me about this topic.

I think this could be the engine people use for personalization of the rooms and their skins, eyes etc..

http://m.wikihow.com/Use-Cheat-Engine

Kiss

Nion

• 3 weeks later...

I am surprised no one says nothing here anymore. No one that helps about this thing. Why so?

People in world says it is not difficult to use it after you learned how to. Thanks I want to learn how to and I am asking for a guide in here. Just to move objects...

And, still in world, after you ask them to explain then how it works, you don't receive any words back... Silence... Maybe even ignored...

I don't understand...