3DXChat Community

Make it fare by everyone

Guest Twiggy

Guest SayaX

While I agree that the rules need to be enforced more strictly, especially for issues like trolling (I was attacked very personally recently), I think on the whole hacked rooms are generally harmless fun. I personally don't bother with hacked rooms, I have the tools and knowledge to do it, it is just tedious and time consuming and the Unity 5 update will probably break everything for the people who spent hours or even days building these massive rooms. I also like the challenge of building a nice room without CE and the hacked DLL.

It is very limited what you can do with the apartments. We are all given the same 2 rooms with limited customisation options. I think it is quite cool what some people think up and when done tastefully it can be nice and not a huge resource hog on PCs. This is another opportunity to make better use of Xgold, build custom apartments and clubs from the ground up, maybe even hire out your room or sell them to people who like it.

So there is 2 issues. Firstly if you banned everyone who used hacks you would lose a lot of the community (typically the people who hack their rooms hold parties and make 3DX an enjoyable place). Secondly, the devs know there should be more options available to begin with. This is the only way of any sort of customisation and making your place look unique. Also you would struggle to get 100 people in these tiny apartments. It may have been fine 3 years ago when there wasn't many people, but the community is growing. I have only been here a year, but older videos I have seen on YouTube, the apartments have not changed at all from what I can see, apart from the steps on the pool and some extra furniture.

I don't see your point about giving an unfair advantage. Jazzy lounge has often been top in terms of population count and neither Lorelia or me use cheat engine. It's just a great room with a great atmosphere.

But, ive seen people create some beautiful rooms using cheat engine. I think they are fantastic and I've often seen wondrous rooms that were beautiful and creative... And I don't think it gives an unfair advantage because it is masses of effort to create these beautiful rooms.

My gripe is the opposite of yours. I don't believe the rules should be enforced, I believe it should be made so that people do not have to use cheat engine. There is clearly a demand and a few pretty simple changes to the room editor could open up room design a lot more for people's creativity to come out, such as the ability to stack blocks and position things on top of blocks and so on...

Just i guess what surprises me is its completely blissfully ignored discussion taboo, when first time had friend who told me about the engine. I was told large part to do with it being not allowed was it caused instability. If that is the case it surprises me that it is so widely accepted to use it.

Just i guess what surprises me is its completely blissfully ignored discussion taboo, when first time had friend who told me about the engine. I was told large part to do with it being not allowed was it caused instability. If that is the case it surprises me that it is so widely accepted to use it.

Instability walks in to the scene at the point where people go too far with it using too many shining blocks and overheat other's computers x)

In a period of several months, where there has been minimal new content from the developers, it is pleasant to be able to visit rooms where at least someone has had the moxie to make life more interesting for the paying customers.

By the way, the devs could have made life more interesting for us all, over this dry period, by simply opening up the already existing areas, rooftops, etc. that you currently have to use their own created "cheats" to get to. 

Okay I sent an email for support about the use of cheats, mods, and cheat engines being used in 3dxchat. So far the email I received in response was they will look into the matter. 

You reported, they replied that they would look into it.

Starting this thread was just an attention seeking antic to create drama.

Not to mention it also breaks this rule:

2.08. Discussion on or linking to game cheats, game hacks, Trojan horses, or malicious programs is prohibited. If you suspect did a cheat or hack exists, Provide the Necessary Information to Technical Support.

You reported, they replied that they would look into it.

Starting this thread was just an attention seeking antic to create drama.

Not to mention it also breaks this rule:

2.08. Discussion on or linking to game cheats, game hacks, Trojan horses, or malicious programs is prohibited. If you suspect did a cheat or hack exists, Provide the Necessary Information to Technical Support.

so basically you talking about him talking about it broke TOS. For shame Adara, For shame! !

I forgot the guys name who posted this so i will just call him OP. dear Mr.OP. There is clearly nothing you can say here in forums about this subject that is going to do any good. This is not a new topic, Been debated as long as these forums have been open. If you really have that strong of an issue with these rooms there is really only one thing you can do. take screenshots and report the hell out of them. Outside of that all the posting about it isnt going to change anything. I am not not even going to get in a discussion about how the game can have a rule against discussing something but not have a defined rule about having it. 

I just made an observation.  

And stated my opinion, last I knew we were all entitled to that.

simmer down, im just joking with you. i apologize if i offended

see what happens when you go away for a while, shit gets all out of whack

OMG... Have I really just read all this shite!! We used to argue about proper stuff!! Not that someone can put a speaker in their wall of a sofa in the sky!! Really!! Who cares!!

facepalm2_zps022f5334.gif

...I personally don't bother with hacked rooms, I have the tools and knowledge to do it, it is just tedious and time consuming...

...It is very limited what you can do with the apartments.

... if you banned everyone who used hacks you would lose a lot of the community (typically the people who hack their rooms hold parties and make 3DX an enjoyable place)... the devs know there should be more options available to begin with. This is the only way of any sort of customisation and making your place look unique.

I don't see your point about giving an unfair advantage. Jazzy lounge has often been top in terms of population count and neither Lorelia or me use cheat engine. It's just a great room with a great atmosphere.

But, ive seen people create some beautiful rooms using cheat engine. I think they are fantastic and I've often seen wondrous rooms that were beautiful and creative... And I don't think it gives an unfair advantage because it is masses of effort to create these beautiful rooms.

My gripe is the opposite of yours. I don't believe the rules should be enforced, I believe it should be made so that people do not have to use cheat engine. There is clearly a demand and a few pretty simple changes to the room editor could open up room design a lot more for people's creativity to come out, such as the ability to stack blocks and position things on top of blocks and so on...

These rooms do take a ton of time and effort to create. I learned how also, but I'm with Saya, I'm not going to all that trouble. I appreciate the people who do take the time though. I think the devs probably WANT to expand the room customization to be able to do more things like CE allows but have not had the time since there are only two of them after all. Perhaps this is partially why they don't necessarily enforce CE'd rooms. Maybe they would like this functionality built into the game as well? A lot of these rooms are really nice.

Also, it is an even playing field if you are so inclined to view it as some sort of competition. You have access to CE just like everyone else. You have your answer as to whether you would be banned / reprimanded for using it (hint: you won't be). So, either learn to use it or just wait for the devs to improve the built-in room customization. Learn to appreciate the effort that was put into some of these beautiful rooms.

I didn't notice the speaker in the wall, just the sexy DJ performing. Maybe I should pay less attention to people and more to decoration?

Sentra is a very sexy DJ so you can't be blamed for ignoring FD's beautiful decor.

\o/ !!!

Saya is sexy DJ too!!!

If I want to take the time to make some changes to my room, or create a entirely new room, in around or on top of my room, I will take the time to do it [ because I want too ]  I like playing with the room editor, it gives me something to do when there's nothing going on. I makes me happy to hear other people having a good time in something I spent the time to do for them and myself.

Yes I agree there should be a way IN GAME to do this, but at this time there isn't, and they have other things more important to deal with.  I pay my 20  a month just like everyone else, it my game I'll play it how I choose. You don't like to come by Morg's, see you in the world.  Otherwise come on by, there a party going on.

M.

Angels and Demons for the win.   FD's is pretty cool too :)

As to the substance of the issue;  It has been my perception that the main issues with these rooms is instability in the rooms themselves.  This seems to be evidenced mainly by long load times.  If this is indeed the case the rule may well be in place so that when hackers complain about the lag time they can be told, rightly, that it is their own fault.

If these rooms cause larger issues with game play then they should be addressed.  If they do i have not heard about it.

Regarding the OP's apparent main objection, that this makes it harder to attract people to non hacked rooms there may be some validity to this but it does not matter.  Room attendance is not a 'score' even though people choose to treat it as one. 

As near as i can tell the point of this 'game' is to have fun.  If you are having fun then you are a winner, if you are not then you might want to check into another game or reconsider how you are playing this one.

love, dee! >^,,^<

Same could be said about people constantly bitching about updates, etc

As near as i can tell the point of this 'game' is to have fun.  If you are having fun then you are a winner, if you are not then you might want to check into another game or reconsider how you are playing this one.

love, dee! >^,,^<

Op has a right to his opinion, its an open forum. just as anyone else does however he is clearly breaking TOS. I will say at least half here defending it are doing so because they have the rooms. so ofc you are defending it. But i would do it also if i had them. I am actually mildly shocked this topic hasnt been deleted since i saw Gizmo in it earlier.

For the record, i have the means to have the rooms, i just dont by choice.. Would be nice if they either allowed all to do it or allowed none but i dont see either happening so it is what it is.

The mod rooms add variety to what is a very small world. People seem to like them as they are often the most populated rooms in 3DX. The devs make more money, the more subscribers there are, so you can be sure - without officially sanctioning them - they like them too. In short, enough customers seem to like them as does the service provider. Their continuance, therefore, is somewhat of a no-brainer.