3DXChat Community

r... is not fun

nobody

You fucking "social justice warriors" jumping at the chance to state your opinion, when NONE of you know what it's like to go through something like this. Β 

It's not just an "opinion".. no one's "opinion" matters in this case because it's strictly against code of conduct that everyone agreed to when they joined this world. I suggest everyone take a chill pill.

You fucking "social justice warriors" jumping at the chance to state your opinion, when NONE of you know what it's like to go through something like this. Β 

Β 

Do you know what everyone has gone through in their lives or not, to make such a statement ? I'm sure you don't.

Do you know that everyone is different and don't react to situations the same way as others. Just the fact of seeing the name can put someone in a really bad place if they have experienced it in their lives.

Β 

Yes it is roleplay, yes it is pixels, but people should not forget to be sensitive to others, especially when it comes down to delicate subjects as this one. Therefore, this matter isn't needed to be glorified in public, and should be reported by those who are bothered by it, as it is against the rule anyway.

Β 

Problem also comes from the fact, that the word "rape" has become far too missused by our society, has more turned into a slangish thing and loses it's deeper meaning. Many people use the word as a cool way to define domination, humiliation (& so on), without actually knowing what rape is.

Β 

Β 

Β 

That being said, by all means enjoy this aspect of sex all you want, but don't expect everyone to have the same level of tolerance when it comes down to "rape" advertised in public.

Please refrain from sending insults to other members of the community. Some posts have been removed.

Β 

Also, Rape is an illegal activity, which breaches the illegal activity rule as it comes under that category, therefore, should be reported to the administration, if you do it in private, then fair enough, whatever you are interested in. But it isn't a publicly acceptable sex act, even if it is Roleplay, yes some have their fantasies of this, fair enough, I understand that. But as many have said above, it is an inconvenient thing to see. And all it takes is to just see the word and cause some people who have had bad experiences in their past flood back to their mind.

Β 

Because if you argue for Rape to be seen in public by all, that would mean all illegal activities should be seen by all, which I highly doubt many if not all would want to see, and there is the rule in place to avoid this stuff. As I said earlier, if you see a room that advertises illegal activities, report it.

Please refrain from sending insults to other members of the community. Some posts have been removed.

Β 

Also, Rape is an illegal activity, which breaches the illegal activity rule as it comes under that category, therefore, should be reported to the administration, if you do it in private, then fair enough, whatever you are interested in. But it isn't a publicly acceptable sex act, even if it is Roleplay, yes some have their fantasies of this, fair enough, I understand that. But as many have said above, it is an inconvenient thing to see. And all it takes is to just see the word and cause some people who have had bad experiences in their past flood back to their mind.

Β 

Because if you argue for Rape to be seen in public by all, that would mean all illegal activities should be seen by all, which I highly doubt many if not all would want to see, and there is the rule in place to avoid this stuff. As I said earlier, if you see a room that advertises illegal activities, report it.

Β 

It's a highly divisive topic, but Ash has clearly stated the rules of the game. Therefore, everyone should act within the rules of the game, end of. That way there will be no need for threads like this to be started, and the 3dx world will be full of butterflies and flowery meadows and tweeting birds. Well, maybe not such unity, but what needs to be behind closed doors will be, and what can be shared publicly won't cause offence.

Fantasies of our community alwaysΒ will be a problem for "no lifers" .Β And "no lifers" will always be a problem for roleplayers and for people who has a slightly perverted fantasies .

I didn't see any rules that forbid me to use this "bad" word on my public room .

Here is a few rules that could apply in those situation and yes, there rules about use of bad language in public and some content can't be discuss publicly with breaking a rule.

Β 

Sure, people need to report infraction, but the rule still exist. ;)

Β 

Β 

2. Conditions for all game chats, forums and channels

Β 

2.01. Excessive use of bad language.

Β 

2.03. Any bad comments and / or discussions based on race, nationality, religion, culture, sexual preferences and underage sex are prohibited.

Β 

2.07. Discussion on, or linking to illegal activities, seeking as illicit drugs, is prohibited.

Β 

Β 

Those rules are about naming of avatar and room also I would say. It clearly state that you can't name using profanity or illicite sex act. Yes, those rules exist and well you need to open a report to let the admin know.

Β 

3. Names, Avatars, Images / Video and Signatures.

Β 

3.01. That contain profanity, Including its abbreviated form.

Β 

3.05. Which contain insults or derogatory comments based on race, nationality, religion, culture, mental stature, sex, or sexual preference.

Β 

3.08. Which contain excessive glorification of violence and / or gore, or are obscene / vulgar.

Β 

At least now, it not about the rules not existing. It about a lot of people don't know about them or don't care. ;)

this is a social platform as much as it is a game. rape is an act of violence which shouldΒ not be tolerated in any form, rpΒ or otherwise.

Β 

RAPE :-

unlawfulΒ sexualΒ intercourseΒ orΒ anyΒ otherΒ sexualΒ penetrationΒ ofΒ theΒ vagina,Β anus,Β orΒ mouthΒ ofΒ anotherΒ person,Β 

withΒ orΒ withoutΒ force,Β byΒ aΒ sexΒ organ,Β otherΒ bodyΒ part,Β orΒ foreignΒ object,Β withoutΒ theΒ consentΒ ofΒ theΒ victim.Β 

Β 

is this what people really fantasise about?

Β 

Shanti is right, just seeing the word effects some people terribly Β 

Β 

that's all i have to say on the matter and it's just my opinion

I will quote one of my old post on the matter that might explain peoples reactions on the subject.Β 

Β 

Β 

Just a word of advice, a rule of thumb that work really well in general.Β 

Β 

When advertising, keep it general and just to the point. If you are looking for people to RP. You can just say that you are looking for RPer with no taboos.Β 

Then, after that, what happen between close doors and between consentual adult only conscern the peoples involved.Β 

Β 

You got to expect backslash when it come to certain subject even if it a game. Those subject, like the one mention into original version of this topic, are very sensitive as they are more common that you would beleive. I am pretty sure we all know at least one victim or more throught our lifetime.Β 

Β 

This is a very sensitive matter since it touch a lot of people and cause a lot of harm.

Β 

Here is some statistic from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention Β in the United State :

• Nearly 1 in 5 (18.3%) women and 1 in 71 men (1.4%) reported experiencing rape at some time in their lives.Β 
  • Approximately 1 in 20 women and men (5.6% and 5.3%, respectively) experienced sexual violence other than rape, such as being made to penetrate someone else, sexual coercion, unwanted sexual contact, or non-contact unwanted sexual experiences, in the 12 months prior to the survey.Β 
  • 4.8% of men reported they were made to penetrate someone else atsome time in their lives.Β 
  • 13% of women and 6% of men reported they experienced sexual coercion at some time in their lives.Β 

http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/sv-datasheet-a.pdf

Β 

So if you live in the US and I guess it not very different in other part of the world, for every 5 women you meet on the street, one of them probably experience rape or will at one point of her life. It understandable that we get a strong reaction on the subject since even if doesn't happen to you personally, we got relative and friends that might have to live with the consequences.

Β 

It alright to experience your fantasies and 3dxchat is that game for that, but it also important to not take lightly some subject there will always be strong reaction and for understandable reasons.

Β 

Well, I know it not my most joyful post on this forum, but I think it important to put things in perpective.Β 

Β 

Do you know what everyone has gone through in their lives or not, to make such a statement ? I'm sure you don't.

Do you know that everyone is different and don't react to situations the same way as others. Just the fact of seeing the name can put someone in a really bad place if they have experienced it in their lives.

Β 

Yes it is roleplay, yes it is pixels, but people should not forget to be sensitive to others, especially when it comes down to delicate subjects as this one. Therefore, this matter isn't needed to be glorified in public, and should be reported by those who are bothered by it, as it is against the rule anyway.

Β 

Problem also comes from the fact, that the word "rape" has become far too missused by our society, has more turned into a slangish thing and loses it's deeper meaning. Many people use the word as a cool way to define domination, humiliation (& so on), without actually knowing what rape is.

Β 

Β 

Β 

That being said, by all means enjoy this aspect of sex all you want, but don't expect everyone to have the same level of tolerance when it comes down to "rape" advertised in public.

That's lovely. God forbid it ever happens to you, I sincerely hope it never does.Β 

I will quote one of my old post on the matter that might explain peoples reactions on the subject.Β 

Β 

enfin quelqu'un qui a trouvΓ© le bon argument, finally you got the right words to explain it ,hope ppl's will understand now, it's simply not only pixel and roleplay, but the reality of how raped victims are hurted. Bravo Skar well say

Kay so there's a lot of hate going on in this thread.

Β 

-waves hand-

I was molested when I was twelve, right?

Big black guy, home alone, won't go into details, worse than a finger.

Β 

It's left it's mark on me, prolly made me the sex crazed slut I am today, yuh, hate the bastard for it, remember his name well.Β 

Always will.

Β 

I'm not offended by the word rape in the slightest.

People give too much power to words, seriously.

Β 

Should the public room be named rape? Prolly not, it can trigger and is just tacky. Taboos are taboos after all.

Β 

This whole guilt tripping thing is unnecessary though.Β 

People have fantasies, sometimes even rape fantasies.

No one is trying to belittle your pain, just pushing the envelope as we all do.

Β 

I'm sorry for your pain, all of you who have suffered unjustly, I truly am.

If I could, I would take such pain from you.

There's no need to try and make people feel bad for having a guilty pleasure, a taboo, no less.

They know the implications and connotations, they are aware, but they aren't out to get you, or shame you.

Β 

I mean unless they are being a total dick about it to you, then yeah it's personal.

Β 

I don't think rape fantasies should be a public thing, but the guilt tripping shouldn't be a thing either.

I can assure you, we all know rape is a bad thing.

No one here is pro rape that I'm aware of.

Β 

I don't know, maybe I'm desensitized, I've pushed the envelope so far, I have.

Β 

All I can say is, let go of your pain, holding onto the past like this will only destroy you.

This awful thing, it doesn't define any of us who have suffered it.

It doesn't devalue you in the slightest, no matter what anyone says, yuh.

Β 

-waves hand-

Β 

It's left it's mark on me, prolly made me the sex crazed slut I am today, yuh, hate the bastard for it, remember his name well.Β 

Always will.

Β 

Β 

Should the public room be named rape? Prolly not, it can trigger and is just tacky. Taboos are taboos after all.

Β 

Β 

There's no need to try and make people feel bad for having a guilty pleasure, a taboo, no less.

They know the implications and connotations, they are aware, but they aren't out to get you, or shame you.

Β 

I mean unless they are being a total dick about it to you, then yeah it's personal.

Β 

I don't think rape fantasies should be a public thing, but the guilt tripping shouldn't be a thing either.

Β 

Β 

All I can say is, let go of your pain, holding onto the past like this will only destroy you.

I'm sorry this happened to you, and it was worse than a finger. That made me feel a lot better, thank you for that.

Β 

-waves hand-

Β 

Always will.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

You know, my brother has been multiple time raped sexualy abused by his fosterhome tutor between 13 to 16 (This bastard was also a religious teacher too) and my bro he finally forgave him not long time ago now. I will never understand why my bro forgave him for what this men did to him...but, it seem we have to suffer of that kind of shit to understand the way you talking about it .Holding in past still remind what we suffered, but it is possible to forget? I don't think so, damage are done mentaly in my opinion.

You know, my brother has been multiple time raped sexualy abused by his fosterhome tutor between 13 to 16 (This bastard was also a religious teacher too) and my bro he finally forgave him not long time ago now. I will never understand why my bro forgave him for what this men did to him...but, it seem we have to suffer of that kind of shit to understand the way you talking about it .Holding in past still remind what we suffered, but it is possible to forget? I don't think so, damage are done mentaly in my opinion.

You say your brother forgave him, doesn't sound like he gets trigger by the word rape.

I didn't say forget, I said let go, there's a difference.

Some people try to mix their RL and this game . Its always was here and not only here , its ok for any game . The rules can show us the right direction , some in game moral maybe , but they cannot save us from everything . I'm still convinced that there is no rule which forbid me to use the word in veiled form for example . Maybe I'm wrong , show me this rule .

I think the point of this thread was simply asking people to act like human beings. Β It's obvious after reading some of these responses that that's just too much to ask.

Β 

So whatever. Β I've been thru this but I'm not broadcasting it.

Β 

I'm posting to let anyone know that has had an experience like this, that it was not your fault. Β It's easy to fool yourself into thinking it was, and to blame yourself. Β It can be a slippery slope and you can end up in a very dark place. Β 

Β 

Seeing people treat this topic as if it's something that should be taken lightly may upset you even more. Β Therapy is an important and helpful way of dealing with feelings you may have. Β I know exactly what I'm talking about and without advertising my personal life to a bunch of people I would barely consider human, I'm just offering to talk and help however way I can to anyone that wants it. Β I'm not a therapist by any means, I jus want to offer what I can to anyone who may need it.

Β 

To the people that think I'm being a feminist, or too sensitive, or someone who jus likes posting on volatile threads, my avi name is Jasmine. Β If you see me, please block me so that I can pretend you don't exist. It will help me sleep better. Β If you'd like to argue with me, here's my response: "fuck you" /ignore

Some people try to mix their RL and this game . Its always was here and not only here , its ok for any game . The rules can show us the right direction , some in game moral maybe , but they cannot save us from everything . I'm still convinced that there is no rule which forbid me to use the word in veiled form for example . Maybe I'm wrong , show me this rule .

Β 

ExHaran, you are truly making me work there. ;) Rule are not suppose to save us from everything and it the responsability of the admins to use there judgement when they receive a report.Β 

I will quote this rule about personal attack to point out two things that are important in every rules.Β 

Β 

2.02. Insults, personal attacks, abuse, threats, harassment or defamatory are prohibited. This category includes clear and masked language and Both / or links to websites Containing search language or images which:

- Insultingly refer to other characters, players, SexGameDevil employees, or groups of people.
- Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, SexGameDevil employees, or groups of people
Harassment takes many forms, and Is not Necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action.
The idea behind this is to prevent any player from consistently being uncomfortable on the forums.
Β 
This rule basicly state that even if you try to be clever and used masked language if the person making the report can prove that you are still breaking the rule. Then the admin can still act depending on there better judgment. Second, the admins can also act if he consider the intent behind the action is actually breaking the rules.Β 
Β 
So, yes, even veiled words can break a rule depending of the intent behind those word. It really to the admins to decide when they get the report.Β 
Β 
-.- and well, even if I point out all those rules here and there, talking about them is actually quite boring. lol

I think the point of this thread was simply asking people to act like human beings. Β It's obvious after reading some of these responses that that's just too much to ask.

Β 

So whatever. Β I've been thru this but I'm not broadcasting it.

Β 

I'm posting to let anyone know that has had an experience like this, that it was not your fault. Β It's easy to fool yourself into thinking it was, and to blame yourself. Β It can be a slippery slope and you can end up in a very dark place. Β 

Β 

Seeing people treat this topic as if it's something that should be taken lightly may upset you even more. Β Therapy is an important and helpful way of dealing with feelings you may have. Β I know exactly what I'm talking about and without advertising my personal life to a bunch of people I would barely consider human, I'm just offering to talk and help however way I can to anyone that wants it. Β I'm not a therapist by any means, I jus want to offer what I can to anyone who may need it.

Β 

To the people that think I'm being a feminist, or too sensitive, or someone who jus likes posting on volatile threads, my avi name is Jasmine. Β If you see me, please block me so that I can pretend you don't exist. It will help me sleep better. Β If you'd like to argue with me, here's my response: "fuck you" /ignore

Β 

Sometimes my faith in humanity is restored when I realise there are people like Jasmine in the world.

Β 

ExHaran, you are truly making me work there. ;) Rule are not suppose to save us from everything and it the responsability of the admins to use there judgement when they receive a report.Β 

I will quote this rule about personal attack to point out two things that are important in every rules.Β 

Β 

2.02. Insults, personal attacks, abuse, threats, harassment or defamatory are prohibited. This category includes clear and masked language and Both / or links to websites Containing search language or images which:

- Insultingly refer to other characters, players, SexGameDevil employees, or groups of people.
- Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, SexGameDevil employees, or groups of people
Harassment takes many forms, and Is not Necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action.
The idea behind this is to prevent any player from consistently being uncomfortable on the forums.
Β 
This rule basicly state that even if you try to be clever and used masked language if the person making the report can prove that you are still breaking the rule. Then the admin can still act depending on there better judgment. Second, the admins can also act if he consider the intent behind the action is actually breaking the rules.Β 
Β 
So, yes, even veiled words can break a rule depending of the intent behind those word. It really to the admins to decide when they get the report.Β 
Β 
-.- and well, even if I point out all those rules here and there, talking about them is actually quite boring. lol

Β 

Thank you Skar :) but this rule in ->2. Conditions for all game chats, forums and channels .

How it can be connected with room name ?Β  :rolleyes:

As a roleplayer I can say that the use of such words is very easy to avoid .Rplayers often do it in pm and the opening Β such rooms just for people who want quick action and just to realize their fantasies . Or to draw attention to themself .

I just curious about rules here .Β 

I think the rule just evolve slower then the game. :) I think it should apply to room name too since it apply to avatars name.

Β 

But it to the admin to decide :)

May i add that, if that rule is applied each time it can, than BDSM can't be a thing in this game.

Since the domination or punishment concepts step into that rule pretty easily. So only the openly consensual and happy relationships would be safe from that rule. So, again, careful with the mind inquisition.