3DXChat Community

3dxchat love can be very fragile

valkman

To all the friends I have made and to anyone who may be considering entering a relationship on 3dxchat. Many of us have rl history and in those case some of us have psycho ghosts in our closets.

Entering a relationship and falling in love on 3dxchat can be one of the most incredible feelings but can also be very challenging. There are endless opportunities in the game to mess it up but also if you have someone in your past who has a beef with you and you drop your guard this can also be bad. If this is the case and even if you think the ghosts from the past are well in your rear view mirror, be very careful and change every single password to something the ghosts in your past would never associate with you.

It is very difficult to repair the damaged they can cause if the hack your account.

I fell in love with the most incredible woman/person here and had it snatched away in minutes by just such a ghost from my past.

I can live with a broken relationship when i have done something wrong. It is very difficult when someone else destroys it for you.

So please take my advice and make sure you protect your relationship in the real life to and change passwords often. 

If you have the slightest idea who has done this to you, go to the police!

Even if there was no financial loss here, it still was identity theft and that in most countries is illegal.

Who will stop this person next time from going after your finances?

Get that scum reported with the authorities... fast!

my condolences though for your broken relationship...

that sucks.

Valkman my heart goes out to you.

If you believe an illegal hack has taken place, you must report it to the devs.

The default passwords 3dx sets are more secure and it's well worth keeping these and memorising the weird config of upper and lower case letters instead of changing it to something less obscure.

Hello Valkman,

If someone has indeed hacked your account change your passwords and keep them secure. If the person who has hacked you a part of the game as well send a report to the support about this and it will be seen that person will be removed from the game.

I am sorry to hear this, we all have our pasts, it's just a shame people like to come out of no where and try to use the past as a weapon. You take good care of yourself, and don't allow this to happen further.

Kindest Regards

Ash

...in any case,what matter feelings you got for the person you falling in love in 3dx game,don't ever share your personal private life information. If you feel secure and in trust with, just ask to skype with her/him outside the game. Personaly i shared some of my rl history with a player in game, but i always took care to not giving the opportunity to use it against me financialy...for the rest other shared rl things,if that person want to use it to threatnen me in my real life by spreading whatever lies and shits,  i don't give a fuck, it's my own responsibility to deal with what i shared about me.

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. Some people can be so despicable. This is the reason why I'm always so private with my information. That person who did this to you is a very sad and bitter person to had invested the time to ruin your life rather than move on and live their own life. I pity this person. No one wins in this situation.

Guest MeganMasters

Oh sweety. Im so sorry to hear this haopened to you. I hope that the damage done isnt something that cant be fixed.

Thank you to all of you, in this case it was my rl ex wife that hacked my skype and destroyed what was a very good relationship. I am taking legal action against her and I changed all my passwords but sadly at this point i have lost the woman i feel deeply in love with.

When I feel like someone is important to me online, I get paranoid about this happening as well. So I definitely recommend always having several alternative terminals of contact with friends and especially the ones you love. Steam, kik, email, maybe even phone number. My best friend online I had, he gave me his full name and his exact mailing address. His phone number, Skype, Facebook, steam, League account, and more. I even had a giant cardboard dick shipped to his house with shipadick.Com

Anyway point is, please take a valuable lesson from this. Don't risk losing the ones you love and trust. I'm really sorry that you did.

• 3 weeks later...

Love on 3dx is really not much different than love in real life. I personally believe that it isn't love itself that is fragile but it's keepers. Love itself endures all things and does not break. People are bit like glass though and can crack or shatter at the slightest challenge. I have watched relationships torn apart here because people want totally different things and those wants and desires seem to be missed, ignored or not communicated.

There are certain rules that apply to being in love anywhere. One must show attention, affection and appreciation for the one you love. These things will help your love endure but so will knowing your love's heart. These 3 things must be reciprocated for it to endure. Paul MCCartney said it best, "that the love you get is always equal to the love you give." I believe that with earnest.

Being on the same page takes authentic communication and people in love will do this always to ensure their feelings are known and they are always able to talk through what they are feeling without the drama we all dread. If your love isn't telling you she's exclusive but you assume she is then trouble will find you and it can tear you apart.

Ultimately for me, I believe that 3dx is not the best place for exclusive relationships. I know of no marriages or exclusives still intact from when I first started. They are inherently hard. Open exclusivity is possible if you can shed jealousies by seeing the person as a person with needs and wants rather than object to be possessed. Neither people nor love can be possessed. I have found that the tighter people cling to both they slip through their grasp and lose the very thing they wanted so desperately to keep.

Love in 3dx should be fun. Seeing my friends with others excites me because I know that a part of me is being shared with whoever is lucky enough to share their time. I am confident in me and that if the love is true it will return to me bigger and better than if I had whimpered, whined or made impossible demands.

I hope everyone here finds the love they are looking for.

well friends, while i am certainly not one who should ever give advice on any relationship maybe if i share a mistake i made i can help save just one relationship here. We actually worked through the situation in my earlier post only to have my stupid over reaction blow the whole thing.

So if you are in a relationship please hear what i say. Whether your relationship is open or exclusive there are times that you might think that something is happening when its really not. I have always prided myself on having very few if any insecurities in a relationship, but we all have periods of being insecure and in those moments if we are not very careful we can blow what may have been the best thing in our life. This is what happened to me and instead of backing off and thinking about it first i fired the words out there. what we say can never be unsaid. So i have lost her now forever and i will have to live with what i did.

Please if you are in a relationship and you feel like something is going on that that insecurity is telling you to address right then, take a deep breath, count to 10,even log off for awhile, then collect your thoughts and when calmer thoughts prevail then ask about it in a loving context.

If you are going to go off on a tangent when the insecurity is manifesting itself ask yourself this first:

Is the loss of this relationship worth what i am about to say?

If you answered yes then you probably shouldn't have been in the relationship to begin with because i can honestly tell you, the loss of the relationship is far worse and longer lasting than anything that may or may not have happened.

never changes my password in 14 month, or no one is paying attention to me or ghost "hacking" is impossible on 3dx

yeah relationships are hard - no shit sherlock 

we all have psycho ghosts - some do, some don't (just like RL)

there are some real psychos out there tho, like really crazy kind, a few ppl i seen or heard about, but nothing out community can't deal with ^^

Valkman my heart goes out to you.

If you believe an illegal hack has taken place, you must report it to the devs.

The default passwords 3dx sets are more secure and it's well worth keeping these and memorising the weird config of upper and lower case letters instead of changing it to something less obscure.

Yes and no, they at base are good with numbers in them. But if you want a strong pass word you should use letters combined with numbers and at a length of 8 characters minimum. If you use one or two capital letters even better.

Password are not secure in 3DX. There is a pretty tiny limit on the max length of characters. If I want a 30 digit password of completely random characters then I should be allowed to do that. Also when you reset passwords they send you your current passwords via email. This makes me suspect that 3DXChat passwords are not even encrypted. Passwords should be hashed but also salted as well. At least the default passwords are something a bit better now rather than previously where passwords were 5 numbers.

The billing side of things seems more secure as this goes through a 3rd party, but even so, with with paid accounts then security should be taken more seriously. It just takes one breach and people will lose all trust in the game and as 3DX continues to grow it will continue to be a target of malicious attacks.

• 2 weeks later...

Valkman I'm very saddened by this news :(

it's been a long time we haven't spoke so i wasn't aware

I'm really sorry for the lost of your relationship

I can't give you advices to conterattack this drama, because usually attacks come from the game (virtual) and not from rl

I just hope that you will recover and go ahead again

Kiss to you