3DXChat Community

Wine

Ever been in a long term relationship in real life (or 3dx) where after it's over and the dust had settled, you find yourself thinking... "Damn, a lot of crazy shit happened....so was it really love or some crazy trip off some good acid?" The things they did to you...was just...@.@ 

Of course, I do not regret any of my relationships (real life and virtual) but some of my past relationship stories could be sold to telenovelas. At least the ride was fun.

-Ends Rant-

7075595c9146d7f753d810292631ba10.jpg

You never live long term Real Life relashionship same as Virtual you had or what?  In game and outside is completely different imo. What is a long term relation for you if  was a ''crazy shit'' happened to you in game? how long you had tolerated this shitty relation in virtuality? ... hope it was not the same shitty thing in your real life ...anyway, I don't understand what you try to demonstrate ... Long term love relation here i know some having, but on my side it's not really what I'm looking for. If it's what you hoping, i wish you the best of luck

I have more experience of real life relationships than 3DX but in either world relationships are complex things.

Hindsight is a great thing and we all look back on some of the stupid stuff we have probably done. None of us are perfect. The worst thing you can do is look back on a relationship and blame the other person. If you are going to look back, look at yourself, look at the things you did badly on, but it is also very important look at the things you did well with.

I have been looking back at some old conversations I had with ex's and my current partner and some of the things I would say due to jealousy are just ridiculous and I look at me now and realise that I did learn from those mistakes and I am in a much better place.

If you are with someone for a long relationship then it probably is genuine and authentic. No one can look into the future. One of my favourite quotes is in my profile and it is so true, not just for relationships but for anything in life. Don't try to over plan things. Live for the moment. Follow you heart. People will try to tell you that you should wait x number of months or x number of weeks before you start a relationship. Nonsense! If it feels right in your heart, grab it with both hands and go for it. You could be heart broken in weeks, months or years. Or it could be a relationship that lasts forever. You have to take that leap of faith and trust that somehow all the dots will connect. Don't live your life living the status quo, just do what feels right.

"You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life." - Steve Jobs

Good thing is you don't regret any of your past relationships, if virtual or not doesn't matter at all :D

And yes some of my past ones made me think the same with some additional WTF thoughts hehe...

That's life... Crazy stuff happens everywhere... And honestly, life would be boring without that crazy stuff!

I agree with some parts of former posters here, in a virtual world, its far more easy to be "someone else" than you really are, behave and act different.

This does not mean you need to be like that, but you will probably find yourself tempted going into stuff you normally don't do/say in real life...

However, have you ever found yourself in a RL situation where you did not know anyone around you and you just thought "... nobody here knows me, so i can be different this night... No burden of my past keeping me from something... no need to be careful ..."

And then you behave/act differently, because you know "No one knows me the way i am usually...". How much you change? Well that depends on the level of boldness / alcohol :P you have at the point realizing your chance... hehe

Fantasy... Wonderful thing ;) 

Never let anyone take the crazy/fantastic stuff from you, that is what makes our life colorful and enjoyable... ;)

cheers!

Its nearly impossible to have a long term virtual relationship lol I said nearly because who knows maybe it might work out for a certain couple. However, if its a virtual relationship that develops into a real life relationship that's a completely different subject. But when talking about love, you need to really look back at that relationship and think, how did you feel when you were with your partner? Were you always smiling? Did that person really make you happy? Did that person warm your heart every time you were with them? If you can really look back and say that was an amazing part of your life then there's no time lost. The way you felt will always be with you and hold on to that. Just enjoy it and keep searching for that feeling until you find the one that last forever.  :wub: 

Its nearly impossible to have a long term virtual relationship lol I said nearly because who knows maybe it might work out for a certain couple. However, if its a virtual relationship that develops into a real life relationship that's a completely different subject. But when talking about love, you need to really look back at that relationship and think, how did you feel when you were with your partner? Were you always smiling? Did that person really make you happy? Did that person warm your heart every time you were with them? If you can really look back and say that was an amazing part of your life then there's no time lost. The way you felt will always be with you and hold on to that. Just enjoy it and keep searching for that feeling until you find the one that last forever.  :wub: 

The BEST advice i have ever read on forum.

Not to be saying my real life relationships were anything to brag over, but I've found, the very few times I had tried to take a relationship from game to reality, the guy turned out to be a totally and far less interesting (being polite here) person when we met. As a rule, I try very hard to not get into any virtual world relationships beyond some very terrific friends. It does some like it's a very rare situation for virtual to blossom into a real relationship, and I applaud those who are a success, but it's not for me.