3DXChat Community

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister

darkangel

Lemmy Kilmister, founding member and frontman of Motörhead. has died. He was 70 years old.

Black Sabbath frontman Ozzy Osbourne wrote “Lost one of my best friends, Lemmy, today. He will be sadly missed. He was a warrior and a legend. I will see you on the other side.”

Motörhead wrote, “There is no easy way to say this… our mighty, noble friend Lemmy passed away today after a short battle with an extremely aggressive cancer. He had learnt of the disease on December 26th, and was at home, sitting in front of his favorite video game from the Rainbow which had recently made it’s way down the street, with his family. We cannot begin to express our shock and sadness, there aren’t words. We will say more in the coming days, but for now, please… play Motörhead loud.”

23932832342_f4d4e035de_o.jpg4,w=985,c=0.bild by Darkangel ECA, auf Flickr

He rocked a good life! 

R.I.P Lemme.

My older brother adored them. said they were loudest band in world. 

heres a quote from wiki. 

"In 1986, an article by Scott Cohen was published in the February issue of Spin entitled "Motörhead is the Loudest Band on Earth".[11] In this article, Cohen mentions an undated concert in which the Cleveland Variety Theater was damaged when the band Motörhead reached a reported decibel level of 130.[11] Cohen reported that this was 10 decibels louder than the record set by The Who.[11]"

to put that into perspective a nasa rocket ship is around 115 decibels from safe viewing distance . :D Fuck yeah! 

• 2 weeks later...