3DXChat Community

Democracy in 3DX

Girlie

This all comes down to unnecessary heavy handedness by a mod. There was absolutely no need to lock what was an innocuous topic. If you want to censor individual posts then fine but to lock it based on the posts that were there was preposterous. I see worse stuff on public channels in the game and no one does anything about that..

Toxic said it best...

people have a right to state their opinions and no one said anything bad about Frenchie

Actually, I am more pissed that, having written a long comment, the thread was locked before I got a chance to post it ;)

After the recent events something became strikingly clear to me:

We pay for what we have, not for what it could be 

This game is the best looking sexchat on the market at the moment, no question.

Many people, including myself, have had huge expectations how this game could develop. After being a paying customer for 1 year I can say: this won't happen. 

BDSM community, don't expect bdsm poses, useable equipment, useable tools or bdsm poses. Most likely won't happen.

Lesbian / Gay community, don't expect FFF or MMM poses. Most likely won't happen.

People that want minigames, don't expect things like poker or pool billard. Most likely won't happen. 

shall I go on?

IF one of the above should come, be grateful, but don't expect it. There are currently no competitors, maybe that is the reason why the devs seem to be busy with something else. Thing is, development is slow and for some / most (?) towards the wrong direction. 

So my advice is: take the game as it is but don't hope for more, you'll only get disappointed.

regarding to the thread title: Democracy in 3dx

There is none and never will be. Devs can develop this game in any way they want, or not develop it at all. Mods can delete topics / lock threads as they want. At the end, this is a product we purchase on free will. We can't change the way it develops, we only can decide if we subscribe or not.

Just for the record, there is a big difference between constructive criticism and destructive criticism.

There is a big gap between saying the dances are bugged, or too fast or too slow, or even that the user updates are coming in the way of contents provided by the devs, and coming up on the forum and saying :

Many may be saying it wasn't targetted at the creator or try to sugarcoat it, but it is. I don't see that as criticism, it's disrespect. Disrespect for the users who took their own time and ressources to provide for us. Regardless of the creator, whether its Frenchtouchs, or Solen, or RodolfoValentino, or XDariaX (sorry if I forget any) who have all contributed to the game. They don't deserve this disrespect.

And let's not be kidding anyone, might it have been a friend of yours who made a content and it was called a failure openly on the forum, you'd be battling for them and for respect be shown towards them.  I dare anyone to say otherwise in all honesty.

Good luck basing "democracy" on disrespect.

Well said Shanti.  The use of complete failure takes it from constructive to destructive and plain disrespectful. 

Agreed Shanti and well said dear! 

I think what Achilles did was the right thing to do before the topic got out of hand. There is a topic in which French shows and post what she is working on. If you wanted to post how you felt about the dances or other things you shouldve put your input

===>>> http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/2215-french-touch-photo-album/?hl=french

Exactly, when it come to being constructive, why not post there? If you haven't or hadn't bother to preview what was coming (let's face it, she unlike the devs gives the community that along with some sort of timeline.) why call it a failure? You could have very well made suggestions in the thread showing what is coming. If there is something that I do not like that is user created, I don't use it. If I have a suggestion, I suggest it. Akali, your example in response to French is a great example of constructive criticism versus destructive. It doesn't take away from her work and adds something to it.

Im going to be nice about this but yes, in fact they did attack her. Attacking her work (calling it complete failures) is very insulting. which by the way is against the rules. Not only was Achilles right by locking it, he prob should have deleted the entire thing. If you dont think thats insulting then i dont know what is left to be said

2.02. Insults, personal attacks, abuse, threats, harassment or defamatory are prohibited. 

I will have to disagree with the quote saying nobody said anything bad about her. calling her work failures  is in fact attacking her  and also grounds per the rules to be deleted, nevermind locked

In her eyes as dancer it was failure. FOR her it's failure. It's her opinion and she is allowed to have it. Even more when it comes to her more personal as dancing is her big hobby.

Boo hoo, you got negative feedback,

I got death treats back in January from my feedback topic and guess what that topic did? It made devs update game more often.

In other way if we are SUDDENLY ( cus it never happened before and conversations were allowed to go on) such PC and socially correct,

the 1 word in that post could been edited as the whole topic had good basis about the feedback, mostly after it picked.

I will be honest I dislike every single dance added to game this year, I can tolerate 1,4,5,3 and perhaps 7. Rest I think are utter garbage and that's my opinion I am allowed to have it. Boo Hoo

I never said or seen someone said " OMG frenchie go kill yourself your stuff is bad" no one attacked her, lots of people voiced feedback to get them slowed, fixed and being anatomically correct.

Most clothing updates as well dances this year were not my taste at all, I would never wear cap for example. Yet I am not saying that her or anyone else suck.

yet they were almost zero poses, So basically for this whole year updates were really sad for me and many other people.

Clothes such as cap and dances that match them isn't my cup of tea.

in the end that's the problem with this game, devs update slow and tunnel vision into pleasing only one part of community.

Lots of people thinks dev hide behind her work as reason to slack on the game overall. All that feedback should been allowed and worse case edited.

again, i dont agree at all that someone should make a new post just to call her work out. she already has a thread and at best the only point it served is to trash the dances. NONE of these dances are exactly Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. I dont remember single threads for each and every one. You can sugar coat it all you want, thats what it was

I also dont see what the issue with dancing is. so what its not real looking. is a blue or green person real?? etc. if you are looking for a realistic experience with a game, 3dx screwed the pooch on that long ago

This is a hard one.

I want to encourage FrenchTouch to keep doing what she is doing but at the same time I feel there needs to be a certain level of quality reached before things are added.

Although she has done a good job I don't think the quality is quite there yet.

I look at it this way, when the devs 1st announced they would allow custom content they expressed it would have to match the quality of the game.

If the devs themselves had released these dances I wonder what people would be thinking and saying, I know would be thinking they had lowered their standards.

I am not knocking FrenchTouchs efforts and i really do hope she continues to work on dances for us.

But I do feel she needs to provide more professional dance moves and i know that would not be easy to do.

If we are going to have custom content then it should be kept to a standard.

I remember when it was 1st discussed in here almost everyone agreed to that, they just did not want this game going in the direction others had gone where so much content was not up to standards.

Also I think instead of just complaining about what she has produced people should be looking at ways they can help her improve them.

Lets not stop custom content from happening before it really gets a chance to work.

The moves need to be better dance moves, and i think done in smaller loops, they go to long.

In the dances there are some parts that aren't to bad, maybe we should look as to what could be made form them in smaller loops.

Also FrenchTouch has shown she can supply the correct formats for the devs to be able to use them in the game.

There is other software that is much less costly where we can do animations as well, and she can then convert them to what is required for the game.

All I am saying is it could be an idea to look at things in the way of what can be done to meet the level of quality the game deserves, even from custom content.

So my statement about the things has happened :)

I agree total it wasn't correct to lock the Topic. I want to say Sorry for this!

I've it lock as prevention because I reminded the topic of the Feedback for the new Fresco Club and some disrespectful comments.

I thought no Member of the game who prepare this kind of content as hobby and as gift for this Community did not deserve a Feedback like this.

Also was words like "failure" unneeded.

We have the rules write like adults and with respect in this Forum and for a moment I thought "if no one respect this rules why I should respect?"

In the last weeks was the used word's and some topics in this Forum far away of "talk like adults and with respect".

I've really no problem with critics or same thing else so long everyone use this Forum with respect and with friendly words :)

Also I think is it for FrenchTouchs more helpful if everyone help her with constructive critics to the time of Developing of her content and not many hours later after the content is done and already in game!

I want really that no one forget: We are Adults and here for fun and relax from real life! We should also talk like this.

About the topic of Riela for Merge public Locations... I've still the opinion it's Ideas to expand existing Locations but after a big Wooossaah and a chat with shanti. We think the peace in Forum is more important and we found the middle way to put this topic back :)

Again Sorry!!!

I support freedom of speech, anywhere, anytime. The thing is, this is the internet and as you might be or might not be aware, each domain has it's own rules based on common sense, owner's personal taste and convenience. Not supporting anybody, just reminding everybody that the Internet, generally speaking, is not a democracy.

I also support and encourage user content as long as it meets at least some standards. And on that subject, I'm not sure what program are you using to create 3D content here. I assume it's Daz 3D, Maya or Blender. Those are not easy, yet a piece of clothing takes about 2 hours to rig, 1 hour to texture and weight paint as needed, then test it with poses, dances and animations to see if there are no stretched or missing polys....Being lazy you should at least be able to create 1 piece of clothing every 3 days. So here's the situation. This is NOT SL or any other free to play social game. I wish I could upload my own models, but they just wouldn't fit as you would have to release me a copy of your everything so I could test it, and I dont see that happening. If developers dedicate at least 1 week of the month to really push new content, I don't see why we have so little releases, unless there are technical limitations we are not aware of.

And speaking of dances...does this look familiar?

Are these animations public domain?

The dances on the previous video are .bhv animations ripped off from a game and modified a little, rendered using the Unreal engine.

Cant we just keep doing that with other animations or with content that is public domain or free to use so we can have more releases? Not encouraging the rip off, just tossing out ideas so we can have more content, more often.

complain.JPG

I respect the thoughts of everyone and can understand disagree with some updates but disrespect about someone whoever is... (French, Achilles, etc...)  :(

I think you are disrespectful so i can be disrespectful with you, that's you called "democracy" ??

Can't wait to see this democracy born !!! Wooooohooo...

Est-ce vraiment un probleme de démocracie que je note? Pas du tout, je constate plutot que c'est une façon hypocrite d'utiliser cette excuse pour planter Achilles de sa prise de décision de barrer le post pour éviter que le topic dépasse les bornes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPTB-NW8OHs

Are these animations public domain?

The dances on the previous video are .bhv animations ripped off from a game and modified a little, rendered using the Unreal engine.

Cant we just keep doing that with other animations or with content that is public domain or free to use so we can have more releases? Not encouraging the rip off, just tossing out ideas so we can have more content, more often.

From what I understand those dances were purchased by the devs from TruBones.

Trubones offer lots of animations that are seen in other games and are at least suspect as to how they get them.

They say that their animations are perfect for game developers giving you the impression that you get a license to use them in your game.

In reality though they do not appear to supply licenses for you to do so.

The owner himself has said that in forums, that he does not provide a license, including the Unity forums where he use to sell his products in the assets store, and no longer does.

Degree in dancing or not. Nothging gives  Afroditi the right to disrespect and rubbish someones work just because she doesnt like it. French gives up her own time to do these things, and does not get paid for it. Maybe Afroditi a degree in tactfullness and how to be respectful would be more handy?

Secondly the person that suggested French should be working on sex poses, i repeat she does this on her own free will in her own time so nothing gives anyone the right to tell her what she should or should not be working on.

Also it seems like people are complaining about the updates again, which is fine. But doing it after French's content was released makes it into an attack on her, not on the devs, of who it should be directed.

Finally it seems no matter what is released, unless it is what a certain individual (s) want they will continue to complain, again that's fine, but I kinda lose respect for those people if that's all they feel they need to do.

BTW can us ladies PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have the guys dance #4!!!!!!

ORR even let us all have the same dances! Like 1-5 make them for everyone PWETTY PWEEEEASE!!!!!

:P 

do you really want to do the male #5 dance ? the dance i call the 'oeran oetan' dance :P:D:lol::unsure:

Secondly the person that suggested French should be working on sex poses, i repeat she does this on her own free will in her own time so nothing gives anyone the right to tell her what she should or should not be working on.

If that is for me than maybe you need to reread and give more attention to what I say. The comment comes in regards to French's own pole regarding the updates in first place and in the second place I did not and will never complain about custom content in the game witch is delivered to us by volunteers is called ( even if when you offer to be a volunteer in anything in this life you are tied to some rules being quality, quantity or just pure expectations) again I respect FT's work and I encourage her keep doing it a she see fit but my advice came pure on a mathematical VIEW  based on her poll which states to date: 1. clothes, 2 sex poses .... plus the others wichmost ask for all the above in poll or for sex poses which brings sex poses more close to majority if not tie, and so on. Here the link so u can see for yourself  http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/2342-new-content-priority-news-vote/?hl=%2Bfrench+%2Btouch

After you read all posts in all threads, after you make sure you get your basics safe and you know all the people talking about like FT's threads, the blocked threads its talking about here than please start say opinions or even more state solutions, can't have a solution on a problem not being on the root of it sorry hope it makes sense for you.

I agree there should be healthy criticism. The issue with that thread was that the criticism was not healthy.

The original post said "Dance 12 and 13 are complete failures both of them". That is not constructive at all.

At the end of the day, French has put her own time into this and something you are not forced to use. If the developers worked on this then such harsh criticism would be justified.

The danger is, why would anyone in the community even bother making free content anymore when every single one of the (lack of update (sarcasm)) seems to get slammed by negativity. It would be nice to see some positivity in the community again rather than the usual crowd just moaning about everything.

If a dance pose is added people complain about not having enough sex poses. If a sexpose is added people complain about them not beeing FFF/MMM. If they add more FFF/MMM poses people complain that transgender is left out. If transgender pose is added, straight people feel left out and complain. When straight pose is added, someone complains not having enough clothes and that there are useless sexposes added all the time.

Theres never enough content added, and if there is, it isnt the right content. This is getting more and more ridiculous.

If a dance pose is added people complain about not having enough sex poses. If a sexpose is added people complain about them not beeing FFF/MMM. If they add more FFF/MMM poses people complain that transgender is left out. If transgender pose is added, straight people feel left out and complain. When straight pose is added, someone complains not having enough clothes and that there are useless sexposes added all the time.

Theres never enough content added, and if there is, it isnt the right content. This is getting more and more ridiculous.

Do you know why people complain?

BECAUSE there's no dev vision, no plan, nothing, they don't consider their whole community and just add things over and over.

Past half year were all social features while totally ignoring FF/MM community.

We got pegging pose which is stupid on FF if you aren't shemale because stroking strap??

that was in October and then before in July we had the anal pose. That's fucking all.

This whole year updates were tunnel visioned into social / dance / dj / home customization / galleries / weddings / club / useless camera / cuddles and guess what?

People are sick of that too. This is still sex game too.

I will paste my post from other topic:

I am not against the social features, such as group dances, more cuddes, more solo dances, variety of music from metal to rock to pop, some youtube implementation, larger home apartments, new furniture, clothes or zones and so on - I am not against any of this. If you think that you are mistaken.

What I am against is the lack of communication, weird choices that development makes, seemingly without any idea what their community wants any direction or order.

Looking at the updates for this year unfortunately at this pace it would take minimum of 5 years to port all poses from FM to FF That's seems little bit insane don't you think?

This new club is beautiful, but that's all it is one big wallpaper, with same music, same environment and same headache inducing lights.

Progress is slow and it should be split into few categories or groups:

• week 1 - POSE for ALL
  • week 2 - Clothing / home item or some other character or environment fix such as earning, tattos, big bonefire in middle of love island etc.
  • week 3 - New UI element or quality of life feature such as camera, gallery etc
  • week 4 - Port of old pose for all genders / new dance, or emotion - ( this would pretty much get erased in half year as all poses would be ported at this pace.) and then replaced by dance or wave or applause like animations.
  • + some big feature such as PM from friendlist or gallery, new zone - every half year to year.

Hell even following it once per 2 weeks in this order.

IT WOULD MAKE EVERYONE FUCKING HAPPY. IDK what's so hard to understand on this.

Seems like basic concept. Instead of waking up, browsing reddit and see female beard. Oh this is what our game needs right now!

It wasn't insult Shanti. It's still strawman argument.

Edited by Shanti
Insulting parts removed

BTW can us ladies PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have the guys dance #4!!!!!!

ORR even let us all have the same dances! Like 1-5 make them for everyone PWETTY PWEEEEASE!!!!!

:P 

dont you think we need more avi custumization, more feature for our rooms and stuff like that dear princess Akali? 

Edited by Shanti
Insulting parts removed

It has nothing to do with what I like or not. Your post was rude and provocative and was just waiting there to escalate.

The only democracy I spoke about was based on respect, and respect isn't about provoking and picking fights where there is no need to. Again,  you can show disapproval in civil manner.

Mighty Shanti.

xHulKx. I don't recall saying you did complain about her work, so maybe you also should re- read. In regards to her poll, yes it was to gauge what people wanted so that been the case maybe she should concentrate on clothes as that is leading the poll, not sex poses. Either way i am not going to suggest she should move on to anything, what she works on is entirely up to her.

xHulKx. I don't recall saying you did complain about her work, so maybe you also should re- read. In regards to her poll, yes it was to gauge what people wanted so that been the case maybe she should concentrate on clothes as that is leading the poll, not sex poses. Either way i am not going to suggest she should move on to anything, what she works on is entirely up to her.

i started say " If that is for me..."  accent on "IF" and i read all the post? I did  read all of them from first to last . The comments of Others they mainly others cause need all of the above OR Others cause want more sex poses and non sexual romantic poses as i told you read everything starting page 1 till the very last I did. Now the rest  with the not suggesting part it is as bad as not helping a stranger cross the street or carry groceries to car, even more when you are asked to, if you can and do not do it it's just plain rude. She asked for opinions, those on her poll are more than helpful,civil and constructive. Not suggesting is as constructive as doing nothing and that is not for me. When asked to land a hand i simply say with pleasure and once go home on my vacation i might lend her a hand if she wanna share the coffee cup :) .