3DXChat Community

Voice your thoughts, change, for the better, keep what we had!!

robo

I AM WRITING THIS POST, IN HOPES THE DEVS, WILL STOP LISTENING TO THE FEW WINERS,who on turn hurt the game for alot of us who are happy and enjoy the choices, some people bitch because of all the Dram, and bad alts, but Me personally I loved my alts, they are a way, to just have fun,and escape from character, when I did not want or feel like long social chat and just in the mood for some un adulterated naughty fun, and good random cybersex,I would pull my alt out, and have un interrupted fun, but now the freedom to do so,and be whom ever you desired, is now replaced with a price. .I don't want to get into all the details, because many have expressed there own reasons, and ideas against this development the Devs introduced, and in my view to just add more money to thier coffers, However, everyone, please let's speak up, and maybe the Devs will listen, and bring back a aspect, that was so fun, and intersting..thanks!!!+

Gonna take issue with what you've said - not because I necessarily agree or disagree, favour or disfavour 1, 2 or 3 alts - but simply for balance.

Firstly, you have your point of view, to which you are entitled. So why does that make those who argue differently 'whiners'? Surely they just think differently to you? They may claim you are now 'whining' about the changes.

Secondly, what evidence do you have that the changes were made simply to raise more money for the devs? I had a very interesting conversation with a now deleted player a couple of months ago who was asking about how to increase the audience for the game and gave me an insight into the mindset of the devs, and I have my own views about their specific business plan (which I see as being at odds with the concept of drastically increasing take up of the game). But that's another issue.

Thirdly, 3dx still allows more alts than some comparable games I believe (though can't be absolutely certain on this), even if its at a price. If you had alts before, you still have them. Only newly created alts with incur a charge.

Fourthly, why should "everyone speak up" when "everyone" doesn't necessarily agree?

Like I said, I'm not expressing my thoughts either way, simply pointing out that there are contrasting opinions on this issue and the devs made their decision for... well... who knows? Perhaps it would be useful if we could have clarification directly from them about the reasons for the changes?

Even if i'm not willing to use the same words as you Robo, i agree with your opinion.

To me, the game is taking the way to change to mimic some dating website. Only one avatar and don't be caught lying about yourself.

I came here to enjoy the possibilities and they are becoming more and more restrained.

When ignore is not enough, moderators should get on the case. Not wallet bondage.

I agree. Devs tend to think that these nolifer forum people are representing the playerbase, however, around 90% of players who i talk in game never visited this forum ever. Voting and things like that should be bounded in-game for paying accounts, not the forum. Altough paying for alts don't mind me.

Robo, you use to be one of the biggest complainers about how people were miss using alts in the game.

In fact it was you among others complaining about people not being the sex of the avi they were using is what got me started on thinking something needed to be done.

While I agree, and did do and post my thoughts on that right from the day they did the update, that having it so you pay for a new avi is dead wrong, something still needs to be done about the miss use of them.

The members in 3DX are split on having something done about that yes, but by far the majority are against having it so you pay for creating a new avi and we all understand that.

If you look in this post http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/2344-poll-ignore-system/ you will see where Gizmo has acknowledged that himself and asked for help in finding something that will be a better way of doing it.

Instead of calling us whingers and being the ones that created the problem put the blame where it belongs and be constructive in finding something that will help.

You also complain about local chats being so quiet.

One of the reasons for that is that people are constantly told that to protect yourself in 3DX and keep yourself out of drama is to stick with your friends, don't trust anyone you don't know.

So people have been doing that and that is a big reason why people are sticking to their groups, not trusting people, not being very welcoming to new players and so many other things caused by the dramas that continues in the game.

With most of the dramas, including some of the posts you have done here, alts have been used to create them.

We all know that it is only a small percentage of people that are miss using alts, but they are also doing it multiple times and the devs have realised something needs to be done.

People should be trying to help them come up with the best solution instead of just bitching about any suggestion made.

Well no offense Beccie, most should have the right, and choose, to, I think you are the minority here, when it comes to this..I mean look at the vote, plus I have been here for over two years, and just because some don't like having more then one, then I can't see any argument, to make the rest suffer, the key here is choice, and those like you that will argue against it , nothing against you or others with same opinion..I think to charge for a service we once had only helps devs, charging for it is more money in there coffers for less service

Well no offense Beccie, most should have the right, and choose, to, I think you are the minority here, when it comes to this..I mean look at the vote, plus I have been here for over two years, and just because some don't like having more then one, then I can't see any argument, to make the rest suffer, the key here is choice, and those like you that will argue against it , nothing against you or others with same opinion..I think to charge for a service we once had only helps devs, charging for it is more money in there coffers for less service

Maybe you should read my post again and let me know at what point did I say i supported the changes?

Fact is I can see BOTH sides of the argument. I know from my POV what I think, but that's my view and not once have I stated what my view is here.

Just saying.

Robo, you use to be one of the biggest complainers about how people were miss using alts in the game.

In fact it was you among others complaining about people not being the sex of the avi they were using is what got me started on thinking something needed to be done.

While I agree, and did do and post my thoughts on that right from the day they did the update, that having it so you pay for a new avi is dead wrong, something still needs to be done about the miss use of them.

The members in 3DX are split on having something done about that yes, but by far the majority are against having it so you pay for creating a new avi and we all understand that.

If you look in this post http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/2344-poll-ignore-system/ you will see where Gizmo has acknowledged that himself and asked for help in finding something that will be a better way of doing it.

Instead of calling us whingers and being the ones that created the problem put the blame where it belongs and be constructive in finding something that will help.

You also complain about local chats being so quiet.

One of the reasons for that is that people are constantly told that to protect yourself in 3DX and keep yourself out of drama is to stick with your friends, don't trust anyone you don't know.

So people have been doing that and that is a big reason why people are sticking to their groups, not trusting people, not being very welcoming to new players and so many other things caused by the dramas that continues in the game.

With most of the dramas, including some of the posts you have done here, alts have been used to create them.

We all know that it is only a small percentage of people that are miss using alts, but they are also doing it multiple times and the devs have realised something needs to be done.

People should be trying to help them come up with the best solution instead of just bitching about any suggestion made.

The solution was good: aka character-based ignore system + paying for making a new character. Now because of the whiners, the end is: account based ignore system + paying for making a new char, and this is nonsense. If account based ignore system is live, you shouldn't need to pay to make a new char at all. So because of the so called "community" here, this game became a stupid mmo for nolifers who living inside this game. So this game is not a sexchat anymore where you can create a char freely and have some cyber if you like. Now you have to invest time or money, if you want to use it as a simple sexchat. And this is a fail.

Wizard well said, Hence they need to revamp back to the way it was , not having to pay for alts, atleast then those of us whom have been here for a very long time, should not be touched by the Devs, outrageous plan, of now paying for something that has been free for so long...Having the ability to develope thier own character, using ones own creative capacity anytime they wanted to,was a very nice option..Losing this option and having to pay for there alts, is no small loss to me, it is a huge part of this game. I will keep up the fight to get it back..I also agree with wizard, this is a fantasy game,not real life, not a Sims design your own social environment type game, first and foremost it's a fantasy one, and a good part of that is having to make and become who the hell you desire to. The social social aspects are a plus, and an added bonus in a developing fantasy world,

but first and foremost this is a sex game, and we need to get back on track of why the game exists in the first place, everything else is secondary...I use my alt alot of the time for just sex and fantasy, my reguler alt is more for my social side, and I am sure many others use there alts for the same thing, if they don't want to get into long social interactive conversations,and just feel like a day to be anonymous, they can with thier alts,and just have fun. they should have the ability to use thier alt, when ever they want..The new system is horrible if one wants to change , rename or wtvr instead of it bieng free they have to pay, now that is just wrong, and not right...DEVS, wake up, listen to your loyal members, and bring it back please... .It is fantasy, creativity, and having options with out extra cost is a big , big part of choice, and is what made this game a better place..

In my opinion it was good that we got the account wide ignore back. What went wrong in the proces was, that the devs kept the charge for making avis. That is unfair, especially as they explained the charge for avis as a way to protect us that feel we need some tools to protect ourself. We got the old ignore back, and thats enough.

We have not got any explanation from the devs why it turned out like that. Seems they are not completely honest with us, so it is at them you should vent your anger, and not at the people who just wanted the old ignore system back.

To set new Alts for XGold was a Compromise because we have also a lot Members in our community who complain about multiple Avatars for one member account.

You will find infos about multi Alt critics here:

POLL- New changes to ignore system is a HUGE step in the wrong direction.
Why multiple avatars per account?

etc etc ...

Also there are many complains about trolling people with multi Alts...

Devs can't make everyone happy the only one way is to find compromises and ideas who works for the pro and contras...

I'm just sure the last word about avatars isn't spoken and we will become maybe in the future some another changing.

But who had already 3alts to the patch doesn't need buy 10.000xgold. Only if you want delete and put a new alt you need to buy 10.000xgold. And also is it possible to collect monthly over 9000xGold for free with this way is it possible to put yearly 10 Alts for free.

In my opinion I can live with the Compromise :)

i prety much see each side as whiner, but that a personal opinion lol

The solution was good: aka character-based ignore system + paying for making a new character. Now because of the whiners

yeah no.. not realy, a vote with 300 ppl is a nice representative pool i thinks, that not "nothing " or "some", and a magority in a pool is not those that can get defined as whiners... ^^

[...]

personaly, i play totaly the oposite of you robo lol, i use the same avi for socialize and for sex :P, so i dont realy care if alt change or not in final :x, i voted for the free alt in the vote, but that was realy just by "principe", because i dont like that somethings that was on the sub change like that :P

but like achille say that a compromise that be chosen by the dev

after, we cant forget that the game is a lucrative business, we cant realy be surprised to see comming some way to add payment, i'm not even agains it, more cash, that more possible investissement, ultimately it will return back to us

I am one that has been very vocal against a lot of things the devs have done, or more so not done.

Here though I don't believe their intentions were motivated about getting more money.

From what I understand and if the rumors are true the update was generated from 2 of the very well known and respected players having a dispute.

They were in a relationship in the game and one had an alt and was seeing someone else and the other found out.

There has also been dozens of posts on similar problems and I think this just brought more into the devs focus.

The ignore going down to one character instead of account wide was to satisfy people who had complained about being able to be found by seeing who vanished from friends list when an avi was put on iggy.

That was the way that person was found out to be seeing someone else.

The charge for new avis, putting a charge in for them,  I believe may have been put there to slow down the creation of new avis, making alts at will.

I don't know where that idea came from as I don't remember ever seeing it in any posts but from what some have said it seems to have been discussed by someone.

There are people saying things like originally 20k was asked for or even 50k which has me feel it must have been discussed somewhere.

Now before anyone goes saying something like how do I know all this, it has all been said in comments in somewhere in the many posts about this subject and this is what I have got from it, my opinion only.

I think both moves were mistakes but feel there still needs to be something done about alts being misused.

I actually feel that Gizmo feels the same way.

I also have a feeling that the pay for new avi thing will stay until a new system can replace it as Gizmo has stated in these forums he wants help in finding a solution and what his aims are.

The best one I have seen so far, and I will add for all the people that seem to be saying I just want my idea used, it was not my idea, just the one I feel most viable and have backed it.

That idea is to display the 2nd and 3rd slot avis names in a different color so we can see which avis are not peoples main avis.

For that people seem to not want it because they do not want to feel tagged, but I feel it is a much better solution than having to pay for avis.

Shit..I don't know!!! Personally I don't care about having to pay for extra chars because I have my main and one other. However, I do get why people like changing chars as long as it's not for trolling. The trolls seem to be a select few and I think the account wide iggy system is enough for me.

I do like the -paying for chars system- for one reason. A week or so ago, before the -pay as you go system-, I watched someone rip another person to shreds on world chat for not a very good reason. After the tirade, I went to look at her profile and her avi had been deleted. Not hard to figure she just went ahead and made a new one. Paying for chars will cut that sort of behaviour out I think, or hope.

I think it's tough for the Devs as both sides have legitimate arguments. Just give me a nudge when they decide, I'm happy either way. 

To set new Alts for XGold was a Compromise because we have also a lot Members in our community who complain about multiple Avatars for one member account.

You will find infos about multi Alt critics here:POLL- New changes to ignore system is a HUGE step in the wrong direction.Why multiple avatars per account?

etc etc ...

Also there are many complains about trolling people with multi Alts...

Devs can't make everyone happy the only one way is to find compromises and ideas who works for the pro and contras...

I'm just sure the last word about avatars isn't spoken and we will become maybe in the future some another changing.

But who had already 3alts to the patch doesn't need buy 10.000xgold. Only if you want delete and put a new alt you need to buy 10.000xgold. And also is it possible to collect monthly over 9000xGold for free with this way is it possible to put yearly 10 Alts for free.

In my opinion I can live with the Compromise :)

well Achilles thanks for trying to keep everyone happy, I can live with, keeping the ones I have, it would really be nice if some would just grow up, stop trolling and causing trouble, be respective, but just like the real world, that seems to not be possible, I just ignore the rude, arrogant antagonizers, I apoligize that we in game have to suffer for the immaturity, and Beccie I did not want to come across as calling you a winer not my style, and hope to meet up in game. And thanks again to Achilles to trying to keep a balance, let's see how it all goes, now, let's enjoy ourselves have fun be respectfulland try and have fun..So ok, now enought from me here, I feel like a damn sour puss..lol....Ok Party on, and back to fun....Hehe. . :P

Edited by Shanti
edited to separate the comment which was written in the middle of the quote, for easier understanding

And also is it possible to collect monthly over 9000xGold for free with this way is it possible to put yearly 10 Alts for free.

Scroll to bottom for TL;DR

November. 30 days exactly. An average number for a month. 

• This is all without spending any XGold during accumulation

Those that log in every day (every day; maximum earnings. Assuming first day in game):

Day 1: 100 XGold

Day 2: 150 XGold

Day 3: 200 XGold

Day 4: 250 XGold

Day 5: 300 XGold

Now you've met the threshold. 

At the end of consecutively logging in for 30 days, you will have made a grand total of 8050 XGold. That is not 9k or 10k.

In order to reach 10k, you need to log in for 7 more days to accumulate the proper amount. 

• This means you log in every day without fail and earn the 300 XGold after reaching threshold

In real time, this means it takes a total of ~37 days to accumulate 10k XGold without spending any during accumulation

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Those that do not log in every day (every other day; minimum earnings):

All days you only earn 100 XGold due to not logging on every day.

It takes 100 days of logging in to earn 10k XGold. This means, in real time, if you log in every other day it will take you 200 days to earn 10k XGold.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

TL;DR -

Minimum days to earn 10k XGold: ~37

Maximum days to earn 10k XGold (real time): ~200+

- Can't spend any XGold whatsoever while accumulating

These are quotes taken straight from Gizmo on 2/12/14:

"But don't worry, we will not ask you to pay for the game content, and we don't want to do that." (edited to say that this particular quote is here simply because the new character fee quite literally requires members to buy the new slot unless they plan to earn it over such a lengthy period of time, should they want to for whatever reason)

"By adding money inside the games, we just want to vary the game process, to make it more interesting, to add some dynamics into the relations between the players."

(source: http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/176-xgold-in-game-money/)

This 10k XGold charge to create a new character just contradicted both quotes which was promised to us last year (and obviously when we all first signed up here to begin with).

I have only one question :

How many discutions about does avatars must be free or make for few Xgold will everyone start . If we have the right to open one each of us , maybe i should start another one about the same subject .

I think this one is the third one about this subject ...  -_-

well Achilles thanks for trying to keep everyone happy, I can live with, keeping the ones I have, it would really be nice if some would just grow up, stop trolling and causing trouble, be respective, but just like the real world, that seems to not be possible, I just ignore the rude, arrogant antagonizers, I apoligize that we in game have to suffer for the immaturity, and Beccie I did not want to come across as calling you a winer not my style, and hope to meet up in game. And thanks again to Achilles to trying to keep a balance, let's see how it all goes, now, let's enjoy ourselves have fun be respectfulland try and have fun..So ok, now enought from me here, I feel like a damn sour puss..lol....Ok Party on, and back to fun....Hehe. . :P

No, no, I didn't think you were calling me a whiner, so no offence. I've not supported either side of this, I just recognise there are legitimate arguments that are going to be hard to reconcile and I do believe out of fairness both sides should be heard.

Just for the record I have my main character and also one alt from days of old who isn't allowed out of the house any more (retained so that noone else can steal her name). Would I pay 10,000 xgold for a third character? Nope. Why? Simply because I'm on 3dx for two reasons: my gf and my friends. So it bothers me not whether I would have to pay because I don't have need of a third character. But I do think the account-wide ignore is essential - too many stories of ppl being trolled first by one player then again by the same player in a different guise.

OK, Grrr, I can't help myself,lol.. first of all Twig, I like your logic, if we are getting all this extreme change, because of some other well established dinosaurs pkayers having a spat!!!!, Then I will be floored,...And one more Question, Achilles...So what happens if I want to change one of my established alts and rename him????..umm?..can I now only change the name without changing my everything, and having to pay my ass broke again?..just a question..lol...And by THE WAY!!!, Twiggy I am gonna say it!!, I like your idea by the way, of our alts bieng a differnt color, stating there alts, but no fee for them. .)))))

Here though I don't believe their intentions were motivated about getting more money.

i didn't say that, just that one point we cant forget ^^

From what I understand and if the rumors are true the update was generated from 2 of the very well known and respected players having a dispute.

They were in a relationship in the game and one had an alt and was seeing someone else and the other found out.

There has also been dozens of posts on similar problems and I think this just brought more into the devs focus.

The ignore going down to one character instead of account wide was to satisfy people who had complained about being able to be found by seeing who vanished from friends list when an avi was put on iggy.

That was the way that person was found out to be seeing someone else.

i thinks that the main problem in all this mess... that a personal opinion, but... i realy cant picture how ppl can expect another personne to be faithfull in a sex game XD, adam... eve.. and the forbiden fruit... =)

the wide account ignore was necessary to fight agains real troller/mindfucker/harraser, and i dont thinks we realy need someting more, add color tag... that will just start a bigger witch hunt and become even more drama, the game is not a dating site, those that want to play "little couple" need to realise that they take a possible risk and accept it, something come up... just break and move on, that was a bad draw that all 

couple problem need to be keep couple problem, they dont need tools to see if each other is faithfull or not... in fact... the idea herself to want to see if your partner hide you something make it that you have already lost your "litle couple" play  =)

OK, Grrr, I can't help myself,lol.. first of all Twig, I like your logic, if we are getting all this extreme change, because of some other well established dinosaurs pkayers having a spat!!!!, Then I will be floored,...And one more Question, Achilles...So what happens if I want to change one of my established alts and rename him????..umm?..can I now only change the name without changing my everything, and having to pay my ass broke again?..just a question..lol...And by THE WAY!!!, Twiggy I am gonna say it!!, I like your idea by the way, of our alts bieng a differnt color, stating there alts, but no fee for them. .)))))

at that i have read, if you delete a alt to change is name/sex, that need 10k again yes

at that i have read, if you delete a alt to change is name/sex, that need 10k again yes

If you mean if the color names were brought in for 2nd and 3rd avis would you still have to pay to change avis, no you would not, there would be no need for it and they would be free again.

The only difference to what we had before the update would be the names above avis in our 2nd and 3rd slots would be shown in say yellow, they would be free again and able to be changed at any time.

And it would do a lot more than just help people in relationships, it would help with loads of things that people miss use alts for, more than putting 10k on them has done.

If you mean if the color names were brought in for 2nd and 3rd avis would you still have to pay to change avis, no you would not, there would no need for it and they would be free again.

yes and no, for me the tag color and 10kxgold thing are realy 2 different separate thing, i dont see why one might be used to replace the other

- tag color, will just be a way to trace and track ppl, that 100% sure that will be abused, that will just be even more problem and drama

- 10kxgold/alt, is just a thing slowing down the alt creation, in fact i dont realy see the real impact on the alt problem with the return of the wide account ignore, there already not realy need for it..., that was created to works with a alt ignore world, the dev decided to keep it even after the change back, that their choice

i realy hope dev will never fall in the trap to add any traking system... that can just add problem

just look the wide account ignore... he have a little loophole where he can be used as a tracking system, and he is already abused... imagine if the tracking become even more easy like with tag color... you say it a little upper, all that mess started from the use of a tracking means... =)