3DXChat Community

[Poll] charge for 2nd avas or free 2nd avas?

Veronique

3 ava slots per account - pre or post patch?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. do you think 2nd avas should cost xgold or be free as they have been?

• All ava slots should be free of any charge (like it was before the patch)
    • 2nd and 3rd ava slots / ava creation should be available upon a xgold charge (like it is now)
    • there should be only 1 ava per account

I am kinda sick of the developers wasting resources on trying to babysit a buncha  drama queens to be quite honest. All this talk about stalkers and deceivers and liars and crap is so blown out of proportion here, that it really leaves a black eye on the game. It is not good for business nor the community. 

Most people i meet here are nice and kind and just want to have fun. We have a few notorious drama addicts. Why the heck are the devs catering to them over everyone else? You can only get into drama here if you are looking for it. It is a two headed beast. It takes two to tango.

This is worth repeating: "Drama is a two-headed beast." Exactly so.

So just block whoever you must and go about your day. Unblock them later if you want to. No muss, no fuss, no drama.

Only we, the players, can put an end to drama. Only the Devs can create new content. Let's do our job and let the Devs do theirs.

the best way to play is with one character.

Opinion, not fact.

I also just wanted to point out that something the devs didn't take into consideration is people pick names just to see if they're available... If 1 name is available but they want to see if others are too, they can't unless they want to buy 10k worth of XGold. So immediately these players either are stuck with a name they may not want, or they have to pay another fee after JUST buying the game. 

Does no one else see how wrong this is? For a game where getting XGold is not a quickly earned thing (in reality, 300 XGold a day if you log in everyday consecutively still takes a lot of time to accumulate), people are being pushed into a corner of having to buy these features that should already be available just from subbing...

Edit: What about a spelling error someone wants to fix? Sorry, that'll cost you 10k XGold

Best would be a profile system that clearly shows if a olayers holds an another avatar. Showing their names, gender etc....so u could have 390 avatars too, but easily avoiding missunderstandings or dramas. Till its not on, i vote for one avatar per account.

the best way to play is with one character :P

But that wasn't the point. This isn't about alts..it's about them charging xgold for a feature that used to be free and lying to players saying it's a solution for an existing problem that's easily solvable by other means. They are simply trying to make money off of this change, nothing more. They charge xgold for weddings because it cost them time and money to create that update.

Now personally I don't really care what the outcome is since I don't plan on resubbing any time soon, but I enjoyed my time in the community when I did play.. and I'd hate to watch yet another game go down the dumps due to bad decisions and greed. If they keep this up it's only going to get worse..

the best way to play is with one character :P

Yea but that is your opinion , there are many people who want the option, and have the option for many differnt reasons, Godd becoming so damn politically correct. .I will vote for option 1..

755572withouttitle.jpg

I'm surprise they have not taken this vote down yet, I'm still fuming about not having an adequate discussion,on blocking Pms, I guess I will have to see how it goes, and if there is to many rooms or places were everyone has everyone blocked so they can not chat, and no means to communicate that there trying to communicate, I will be raising the discussion again ....)))

I am trying to click my response, how do I, or is it not allowed now?, I want to vote on option one, it should not cost anymore,nor we should have the ability to create whom ever characters we want, for role play or wtvr, what it has been since I have been a member which is allmost three damn years..

I am trying to click my response, how do I, or is it not allowed now?, I want to vote on option one, it should not cost anymore,nor we should have the ability to create whom ever characters we want, for role play or wtvr, what it has been since I have been a member which is allmost three damn years..

You should be able to click on "Delete my vote" and vote again, the option is right bellow the poll. But I took a look at the votes, you already voted for option 1.

regards, Vero

Anyway , as it is an "unofficial" poll , i dont think devs will change enything to the system as it is now , and it's a good thing .

With the wide ignore and the no possibility to create an avatar when you dont have enough Xgold , the harrassers will be less numerous and it's a good thing .

And anyway this poll is useless as it is dirrectly linked to the official poll about the ignore option , we dont need of the poll here to know that the result would be "i want to be able to create my avatars for free"

Anyway , as it is an "unofficial" poll , i dont think devs will change enything to the system as it is now , and it's a good thing .

With the wide ignore and the no possibility to create an avatar when you dont have enough Xgold , the harrassers will be less numerous and it's a good thing .

And anyway this poll is useless as it is dirrectly linked to the official poll about the ignore option , we dont need of the poll here to know that the result would be "i want to be able to create my avatars for free"

Anyway, you keep posting in here and also took part in the vote, so I guess it is not as useless as you claim it to be.

Thank you for your participation!

I continue to post here to let devs see that not everyone want that the alts are free , and if my vote is disturbing , i can easily remove it

As I said, then it is not useless. If it were useless you would not feel the need to post, would you? 

A poll is "an activity in which several or many people are asked a question or a series of questions in order to get information about what most people think about something" (merriam-webster.com). To call a poll useless just because its outcome doesn't reflect your opinion disturbs me indeed, please respect that others might have other opinions than you have. Thank you. But maybe your posts encourage people to also state their opinion and a healthy discussion might take place, so I thank you for playing a part in keeping this "useless" poll alive :)

Have a fun day!

As I see it, removing these slots and make you pay for them instead isn't the way to solve the problem about cheaters and griefers. What you've done now basically is remove a free feature from the game and replaced it with an exact copy of it which you have chosen to charge extra money for. This whole mess is a prime example of bad marketing. If you want to solve the root of the problem, hire moderators. This is not the way to go, unless your goal is to earn more money off of the problem instead of actually solving it. Sure, most of us need only one slot, but for people like me who occasionally like to do a little RP we like to have that extra slot for our character. So what you're doing right now is punishing a whole other group of people who, when we signed up for the game, had a feature where we could enjoy the possibility of having a main + a RP character for free. 

To sum it all up:

If you're actually looking to solve a problem with griefers and trolls, then hire moderators and deal with the problem directly. 

If you're looking to earn extra money from your player base and mask it as "helping the community", then good job. You got what you wanted.

If you're actually looking to solve a problem with griefers and trolls, then hire moderators and deal with the problem directly.

If i remember , when we asked for mods in game months ago , we was hmmm .... lets say 4 peoples in the whole forum who wanted some .

About the "extra money" thing , if i remember well we earn Xgold freely every day . And as i was saying in another post , when some of us proposed to pay for alts , we proposed 20000 to 50000 Xgold and they reduced to 10000 , so take it as a victory .

If i remember , when we asked for mods in game months ago , we was hmmm .... lets say 4 peoples in the whole forum who wanted some .

About the "extra money" thing , if i remember well we earn Xgold freely every day . And as i was saying in another post , when some of us proposed to pay for alts , we proposed 20000 to 50000 Xgold and they reduced to 10000 , so take it as a victory .

Leeloo be realistic. Read previous posts. 

10k is an obscene amount to ask for. And to even consider more than that is beyond ridiculous!

You are thinking those of us that have been around for a while can easily afford this without having to buy XGold... Consider the people who are new. Consider the sheer fact that if you make a spelling error when creating a new character, you get fucked and have to pay again on your first character, just to fix it. What about if after a few days of getting to understand this game, a player would rather make a different name or perhaps even be the opposite gender? Sorry, 10k XGold. To a brand new player.

• It is no longer friendly to new players, and will probably lose customers faster than we were gaining. It's automatically disappointing with this feature.

Now, in order to get that 300 a day, you have to actually log in every single day. When you don't, it resets and you only get 150 XGold a day

• It takes between ~33-67 days to earn the XGold needed to create a new character. Whether it's to fix a spelling error, make a personal change for whatever reason, or just want a different name/sex. It will take you up to ~67 days of logging onto 3DX to earn these luxuries. (That's purely of just logging on, in real time it will take twice that since the maximum amount of days requires at least 1 day inbetween. That means ~130 days in real time)

I am so disappointed that this is how the devs have decided to handle the trolls and people harassing. It appears so lazy. Just another way to make money off people who don't know better... Or those who are "desperate".

It is NOT hard to issue punishments and bans for bad behavior. 

Edited to sound less ragey

I do not log in every day and am quite sure that I am not the only one. Still, I have been around long enough to accumulate enough gold to pay for this should I want. I won't though. So if I wanted to recreate a Beyonce alt to BS with my pal Swifty, eh, I won't bother.

It seems new people will find it quite alarming that they have to pay since the advert does not appear to be updated. As far as griefers, just pay a little more and get a new account because that is what will happen. They do that anyway. They won't be blacklisted as it is a new account. Maybe they see as a victory. 20000 or 50000 is more than a monthly sub so, that wouldn't have really worked. To me it is akin to making one avi per account, which I really have no problem with but know that it will also create more multiple accounts.

WTF,  I started this amassing game 6 months after it started. So that is 2 1/2 years and yes I have played many, many avatars an had loads of fun.   I have been straight up with players an told everyone what I was and what I that I was looking for here.  What I can't believe is that 3DX is charging to add  new avatars.  Being a role play player, I use my avatars to act out the fantasies.  Then change them back as I need to.   Well it looks like 3DX closed that door on me.   Sorry, but I think this has been a very bad move by those that are behind this. 

:(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

They claimed this was done to stop grieving, trolling and mind games. The irony is sometimes people need a alt just to get away from drama.  We kinda need this ability. It could be the difference between staying or going.  I know of people who have been left no choice but to create a alt just to get away from chaos and stuff. I bet almost everyone here in this thread knows someone who made a alt just because they were sick of all the crap. Sometimes the player is left no other option if their up their head in drama. That is the sad truth. 

There is tons of good reasons to have alt's free. Roleplay, fun, experimenting, hiding, starting fresh. name changes etc etc ect.. Only two reasons to make them cost xgold. One reason is money. The other is drama. Alts can be used to detour drama as much as create it. Sooooooo, Its all about the Benjamin's i guess.

I hate Southpark but they freaking nailed it so good. It sucks 3dxchat is following the trend. Especially considering the sub fee. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soIYopjs2a8

Their is a boat load of us who's account will be expiring this holidays because we all got the deal last year. They should be trying hard to make us want to renew that expensive sub.  Awe and shock us with cool stuff. Don't scare us away by nickle and diming us.  I know its a sex game but cmon devs, at least use some lube when you bend us over!   :blink: OUCH :blink:  10K for a alt hurts the game.

I want my ALTS back And i want PIGTAILS for crying out loud! :lol: