3DXChat Community

[Poll] charge for 2nd avas or free 2nd avas?

Veronique

3 ava slots per account - pre or post patch?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. do you think 2nd avas should cost xgold or be free as they have been?

• All ava slots should be free of any charge (like it was before the patch)
    • 2nd and 3rd ava slots / ava creation should be available upon a xgold charge (like it is now)
    • there should be only 1 ava per account

As there is an official poll regarding the changes of the ignore function, I want to point out the other issue that was drastically changed by the recent patch:

Patch Notes 328
(...)
Changes
- (...)
- New characters can be created with 10,000 xGold payment only. (First character is free, then 2nd and 3rd will cost 10,000 xGold each)

It will reduce the amount of bullies and troll characters people make as well as Characters people will be creating for misleading and inconvenience.

As the account wide blacklist is highly favored by the community (>75% by the time of this posting) such a drastic step to protect from bullies might be not needed. Also it became evident that roleplayers will miss the possibility to create fresh 2nd avas as they like, for obvious reasons.

A hurdle by a xgold charge might give a minimal protection against bullies. But I think there are better ways to protect from bullies and troll characters, as for example the heavily discussed possibility to tag 2nd avas as non-main.

What do you think? Please vote!

I don't mind getting only a 2nd free ava and not a 3rd one.

But right now, it is way too expensive and i can't use the possibility to create alts for roleplay or any purpose.

I think this is too bad.

I understand that some people don't care about it and are pretty happy because they think there will be less drama. I heard (or read) that it only annoys roleplayers that alts are not free.

Well... perhaps. But i wonder how this big hunting the bullies thing will end up.

People wanted to restrain the possibilities, well. Now we got the possibilities restrained and the problem is still not resolved. I can predict that roleplayers won't be the only one complaining at the very end of this.

I voted for 1) even if I don't need a 2nd or 3rd ava. But we need a compromise here. I would prefer if RP chars get an identifier so anybody knows it is an alt ava but not from which main ava.

True. I also don't need slot 2 or 3. But I know honest ppl that use these slots giving them more RP possibilities.

It isn't exactly related to the topic, but how can it be justified to charge 10,000 xgold for getting married (ie an expression of love and commitment between players) while using the 10,000 xgold charge for 2nd/3rd avis as a deterrent against unreasonable behaviour by trolls?

Make marriage free!

question you need to ask at what price point will people stop bothering buying new slots and just buy second account?

I think paid character slots only encourage people to get multiple accounts which again create more problems for community and only hurt RPs and other innocent people.

We might agree that charging the alt creation is not a serious solution.

I am so 50/50 on this issue. I totally see honest, non-offensive peoples point on 2nd and 3rd chars for RP purposes but on the other hand.

A few days ago I saw a person throw such a nasty unwarranted tirade at someone on World Chat.

A minute or two later, I went to check her profile and her char was deleted, surprise surprise. I'm sure she just went and made a new one, also a huge shock.

The 10,000 XGolds would deter that kind of behaviour I'm sure, but getting rid of the other type of nasties? that I'm not so sure of.

That's my 5 XGolds worth.

I want my two slots back to do as i please with. 

We pay a sub. Piss off with the xgold. Either go full retard pay2play or keep it a subscription based game. Has to be one or the other. So many games have failed miserably when it comes to nailing down a proper business model. If the devs do not make up their mind soon and choose one path or another this game will fail to. 

Cant be paying a sub and be expected to have micro transactions. That is ethically wrong and defeats the whole purpose of paying a sub as opposed to joining one of the other free to play games out there in this genre. 

I am kinda sick of the developers wasting resources on trying to babysit a buncha  drama queens to be quite honest. All this talk about stalkers and deceivers and liars and crap is so blown out of proportion here, that it really leaves a black eye on the game. It is not good for business nor the community. 

Most people i meet here are nice and kind and just want to have fun. We have a few notorious drama addicts. Why the heck are the devs catering to them over everyone else? You can only get into drama here if you are looking for it. It is a two headed beast. It takes two to tango. limiting Alts, tweaking blacklists and adding paywalls won't solve anything except to piss off subscribers. The only way to stop it is a individual effort to not get involved in it in the first place. 

From a role playing standpoint it kills it for many players. We need the ability to delete and remake a character depending on what we are planning.

Devs need to make some tough decisions here. A new player wants freedom after hawking over that 23 bucks for their first  month. They may want to play a guy or a girl. They may dislike the original name they came up with. They may start the game off and offend people their first day not knowing any better. .  The way it is now we cannot even delete our main character.. The freedom needs to be there to awe the new players.  A paywall as soon as you start the game leaves such a bad taste in my mouth its not even funny. From a new players perspective it is a literal slap in he face!  

So yeah i want my alt creation to be free. It just seems better for the game. As a whole, we gain more from having the feature then we hurt from the little bit of drama it may cause.   

We probably all have tried one of those mmo games that looks so awesome in the adds. You join. jump through hoops filling out your registration. You are all happy to play it. You anxiously await its download. Log in finally and see you only have one character slot. Then start noticing the pay2win. The cash shop. The nonsense that is enough to just make you roll your eyes and delete the game. I do not want 3dxchat to turn into "One of those games"!

i dont care about alt Vero, i just want to ignore the whole account when i ignore someone.

if you set new alt 50k, people will buy it

if you set 1alt per account, people will buy account.

i just want the ignore account and not alt :)

Pipi my love

50k = 50 euro

If you make slot cost 50 euro, why not get new account for 17 or whatever price is lol or 1 bonus for 3 months.

why make things half ? In the other poll you all ask for account ignore , and here you ask for the possibility to have more than one alt for free ? 

You are pushing harrassers to harrass you . Let the option to have the 2nd and 3rd avatar for 10000 Xgold , like this you will maybe ignore less accounts.

Or maybe are you trying to have a game made just for you :)

I like having the extra characters to help me design rooms, and test poses. I also use my alts to play with, when I'm not in the mood for anyone's drama. I've never taken any of my alts into public, but I have taken a few pics of myself and my alts together in poses. I have a use for them, and would be disappointed if they were removed, but I would still play the game.

I think they need to go to one avi per account, the game has become so overrun with guys pretending to be girls now I think it is the only thing they can do to at least try to control it somewhat, its getting so out of hand now something has to be done I think.

i have voted 1, because i dont realy like the fact that feature ppl suscribed change like that without any warning, on principle

but, if the ignore keep at avi only, i would like to see coming a spending time of 1 or 2 week for deleting a avi, to keep away ppl that keep poping endlessly after a ignore to keep harass the person

---------------

j'ai voter 1, parce que je n'aime pas trop que des option pour lesquels on a suscrit change comme ça sans même avoir été prévenu, par principe

mais, si l'ignore reste à seulement l'avi, j'aimerais bien voir arriver un temps d'attente de 1 ou 2 semaine pour un valider une suppression d'un avi, pour pouvoir tenir écarter les gens qui s'amuse a poper en boucle après un ignore pour continuer à harceler

Now I haven't played for some time, nor did I use alts (except for Goosea that hot bearded babe). But I saw this update and I had to comment.. and my opinion is simply from a business standpoint.

Charging xgold to create a character is just another baby-step towards a full micro-transaction environment (or macro, in this case). It started with drinks, weddings, and then gallery pics. None of those should cost real money to begin with. They used a similar excuse for weddings saying they're charging xgold to avoid spam proposals, yet you could have just blocked them for free. 3dx strived off of being a one-payment system, only a subscription and nothing else.

People already pay $20/mo, why should they pay extra when you have staff and volunteers to deal with player reports? Instead you are punishing your playerbase with extra fees rather than solving the problem. 10k per alt is simply a money grab masqueraded as a solution, exactly like the wedding system payments.

3dx devs, do you want to know how to solve the problem of harassment and trolling? Harsher punisments for violations. It's this simple:

1st offense: 24hr suspension (no warnings, they already agreed to the rules upon registration)

2nd offense: 7 day suspension

3rd offense: 14 day suspension

4th offense: 30 day suspension (or permanent ban in extreme cases)

Attack the problem at the root, and don't make your players pay out of pocket for your laziness and greed-- otherwise you will lose them.

People already pay $20/mo, why should they pay extra when you have staff and volunteers to deal with player reports? Instead you are punishing your playerbase with extra fees rather than solving the problem. 10k per alt is simply a money grab masqueraded as a solution, exactly like the wedding system payments.

3dx devs, do you want to know how to solve the problem of harassment and trolling? Harsher punisments for violations. It's this simple:

1st offense: 24hr suspension (no warnings, they already agreed to the rules upon registration)

2nd offense: 7 day suspension

3rd offense: 14 day suspension

4th offense: 30 day suspension (or permanent ban in extreme cases)

Attack the problem at the root, and don't make your players pay out of pocket for your laziness and greed-- otherwise you will lose them.

All of this is why I initially stated there should be some kind of Moderator system. Not saying we need mods specifically, but what Goose explained right here... Ty for saying what I could not @.@

I'm honestly surprised that after the revisions being made on the ignore system we, as a community, haven't touched light on the fact that it costs 10k XGold to make a new character? Is it still too new? No one's had to do it yet? This change really hurts new players too, and they might not even realize there's a forum... Am I just missing something on why this hasn't really gotten much attention?