3DXChat Community

[BL] New Ignore-System [Charakter vs. Account Block|Ban]

chaostika

Account vs. Character Block|Ban  

87 members have voted

1. 1. How would you handle the Block|Ban issue!?

• Accountwide Block|Ban
    • Only Character Block|Ban
    • Vote abstention
    • Whats a Block or a Vote? Ah, lol, we have a forum...cool^^
    • /me thinks: Should i wear the red or the black stockings together with my new sexy shoes?

The very few accounts I had on ignore I do not wish to give a second chance to. I don't know all their character names either, but I felt good about at least having two of their accounts blocked. I'm sure they will be contacting me from a character name I don't know now.

The reason it seems that people aren't giving this a chance is because it takes away the one thing that helped a tiny bit to alleviate the huge problem of people who create alts just to deceive and mess with you. It is clearly the game's biggest problem. In my opinion, the game doesn't need identity check, but it does need account check. I want to know what account each character is tied to. The account just needs an identifier which could be the first / main character name as I've seen suggested in other places here on the forums.

I doesn't understand the complaining about the new ignore function :huh:

We should give them a chance, maybe one or two weeks to test the function how it works and if it not so works how it should we can discuss how it could works better.

But now, I think no one want give them a chance :(

I think the idea behind this new feature is awesome because so have everyone a second chance to show a good behavior in game :)

Also is it possible to ignore one member still with all your Alts all what is needed is one or two clicks more.

If there were only honest people in this world I would fully agree. But unfortunately, not all are.

The problems in the character-only vs account-wide discussion are not the ones that annoy you with colds or insults. You are right, for them a character-only bl is better, as everyone might have a bad day or make the wrong first impression.

The problem I see that there are some people in this game who misuse the opportunity of having multiple avas without having to state that it is the same player. So they use it for the following abuses:

• making a 2nd alt to hit on someone who dumped them with the 1st ava, just to fuck them, with or without making fun of them afterwards 
  • being in an exclusive relationship with the 1st ava while cheating with the 2nd ava

this list is far of being complete but these are the first things that came to my mind, as they happened to me and/or close friends. Of course these are no abuse that violate the game rules, but abuse the friendship and trust of the ingame community.

simply said: when I have problems why so ever with ava#1, I don't want to fuck with ava#2 of the same player, as I see the player behind, not the ava. (Yes I say fuck as this is a sexchat :) )

So, with the account-wide blacklist these individuals could be unmasked. Not all the time, seldom before something happened, but you had the chance. Now you have no chance at all to unmask them.

I simply want, no need an option that gives me that possibility. This could be:

• an account wide blacklist
  • an identification of accounts (e.g. by stating the name of the main ava in fl)
  • an identification of 2nd avas (e.g. by RP-tag)

These are just my thoughts. I am happy for anyone that never experienced the bad side of multiple avas and hope you never will.

Earlier in this thread I asked Gizmo if the security issue was to do with people being able to use it to find a persons other alts.

I wasn't going to ever bring this up in this forum but there has been a way for people to be able to find the names of all your avis from some sort of hack.

I know this to be true because it happened to me and was proven beyond all doubt, and used in a way to scare me.

I don't think there are that many that do it but it has been a concern for some time.

I think this is the security thing Gizmo is talking about, having an account wide block enables this to be able to be done.

I would guess it is because they need to send the account ID with every character in the game and from that they are able to do what they do.

I may be wrong but I think we need to consider the possible reasons as to why the devs may have taken away the account wide iggy before we decide on what needs to be done there.

I much prefer having an account wide block, but if the security reasons for doing what they did are something like what I said then I can understand why they did what they did.

As far as the alts being able to cause the trouble they do it is because we have no way of detecting if they are alts or a new player.

Charging a price for being able to create a new alt will make it so some do not do that but I don't think it will have that much effect.

The worse thing there is that it will take away from role players as it will add a cost to them being able to do what many use the 2nd and 3rd avis for, and lots of those are innocent.

If the 2nd and 3rd avis are marked in some way, like a different coloured name above them or an "RP" as someone suggested then you would not need to have a charge for the extra slots.

Also not having an account wide block would not be such a problem then as well.

Most role playing would still be possible as the only thing different would be that people would know it is someones 2nd or 3rd avi, but still not know who's.

I think the big thing needed more than anything is to put trust back into the main avis.

Yes having it so we know that an avi is an alt will take some trust away from those avis, but if they are to be used innocently then that should not be much of a problem.

We would still not know who's alt it is but certain trust that we would allow main avis would not be given to the alts and that is where a lot of the problems can be avoided.

What I suggest is if the security reason is something like I have mentioned then keep the iggy to the character, take away the charge for the 2nd and 3rd avis but mark them as alts.

rofl @ achilles ... sorry but your comment.... ähm speechless. 

Totally agree...:-)

If we dont get a system that is at LEAST as good as the account ignore we had before, the devs has utterly digged their own grave. Loads of old players will leave the game, and new players will not stay due to a very unfriendly atmosphere.

Well, if Gizmo says it was a security risk then i guess it is best we don't argue with the devs! I would rather my info be safe then at risk. Our Information is way more precious then a few crazy's on our blacklists! 

I guess we just have to suck it up. Start fresh.. Give people a chance. Ignore who you hate and move on. 

If the 2nd and 3rd avis are marked in some way, like a different coloured name above them or an "RP" as someone suggested then you would not need to have a charge for the extra slots.

Most role playing would still be possible as the only thing different would be that people would know it is someones 2nd or 3rd avi, but still not know who's.

I really like Twiggy's idea. Thumb up!

The very few accounts I had on ignore I do not wish to give a second chance to. I don't know all their character names either, but I felt good about at least having two of their accounts blocked. I'm sure they will be contacting me from a character name I don't know now.

The reason it seems that people aren't giving this a chance is because it takes away the one thing that helped a tiny bit to alleviate the huge problem of people who create alts just to deceive and mess with you. It is clearly the game's biggest problem. In my opinion, the game doesn't need identity check, but it does need account check. I want to know what account each character is tied to. The account just needs an identifier which could be the first / main character name as I've seen suggested in other places here on the forums.

Although for myself I would be happy with this there are things that need to be considered and I can see some things that would be taken away if we were to know which person owns each of all the avis they have.

There are times when people just want privacy, where they can be left alone and purely for innocent reasons.

For example a couple who just want to spend time on LI and not have their friends know it is them so they just concentrate on each other without interruption.

If you think about it you will find there are quite a few things people can use the alts for that are purely innocent and would not be possible if we all could see who owns the alts.

As I said I would be happy with that, but it is not something that could be added where it does not take things away from peoples innocent games.

Although for myself I would be happy with this there are things that need to be considered and I can see some things that would be taken away if we were to know which person owns each of all the avis they have.

There are times when people just want privacy, where they can be left alone and purely for innocent reasons.

For example a couple who just want to spend time on LI and not have their friends know it is them so they just concentrate on each other without interruption.

If you think about it you will find there are quite a few things people can use the alts for that are purely innocent and would not be possible if we all could see who owns the alts.

As I said I would be happy with that, but it is not something that could be added where it does not take things away from peoples innocent games.

Right now... from what I seen it's cheaper to buy new account which also gives benefit of being logged on both avis at same time for stalking.

This fix will only push more people into multiple accounts in this multiple account infested game.

If they can't fix global wide ignore list then its simply incompetence that is going to punish players and more people will resort into multiple accounts.

I would like to at least see IP blocks so people will be forced to pay for VPN as well instead of wandering around with multiple accounts and causing problems.

fact is current situation is anything else than good/satisfying now ... at least for me.

I would never have expected that ban-list would be just wiped without any further warning.

But you always learn something new.

This is end of my 2 cents here. Enough said :)

I'm annoyed with the change especially the fact that I lost over 50 ignores which means, in this new system, I will have to ignore 150 characters. My ignore list will be bigger than my friends list -.- I would like the old system back with blanket account ignores instead of just by a character by character basis. 

k

The most serious manipulation i have expierienced in game would not have been prevented by this.  If anything the individual in question would likely have had an easier time of it under this system.  If you have alot of monies it don't seem like this is going to be much of a problem.  

I have and have used three diff avis.  Mainly to get sex without being bugged overwhelmed by the affection of my many friends, I l :wub: ve you all!  Yes, i'm a flaming, untrustworthy bitch, sowwy!  :(   

and to play with fun names, so if you see RogueBobBott out there say hi!  :lol: He's likely to be around a while now  :P

I guess my main problem is it seems like my toys, my alt avis, have been taken away because others were being naughty, and not the good kind of naughty  ;)

Anyway, love the game, that not likely to change because of this.

Love, dee!  :)

What the devs have done is allowed players to infinately harrass and stalk other players and at the same time, they found a way to profit from it. This is completely unacceptable. I'm sorry but anyone who favors a character only ban over an account wide ban is because they use their alts for deceitful purposes. I used to be paranoid when meeting new people. Now i am VERY paranoid to meet new people, and will probably just stick to the friends I have.

Yes there are people who use alts for innocent purposes. I am one of those people. But an account wide ban should not bother these people if they are not doing anything on the alt that would raise a red flag for someone to want to find out who they are. You can't possibly think people will just ignore and check every avi they dont know just to see if they who thier main is. That's not realistic or logical.

I much prefer having an account wide block, but if the security reasons for doing what they did are something like what I said then I can understand why they did what they did.

As far as the alts being able to cause the trouble they do it is because we have no way of detecting if they are alts or a new player.

Charging a price for being able to create a new alt will make it so some do not do that but I don't think it will have that much effect.

The worse thing there is that it will take away from role players as it will add a cost to them being able to do what many use the 2nd and 3rd avis for, and lots of those are innocent.

I think the big thing needed more than anything is to put trust back into the main avis.

Yes having it so we know that an avi is an alt will take some trust away from those avis, but if they are to be used innocently then that should not be much of a problem.

We would still not know who's alt it is but certain trust that we would allow main avis would not be given to the alts and that is where a lot of the problems can be avoided.

What I suggest is if the security reason is something like I have mentioned then keep the iggy to the character, take away the charge for the 2nd and 3rd avis but mark them as alts.

This is a fantastic idea! Just label alts somehow. A diff color, a star, brackets, italics, etc.  That should be a very easy fix and will give people piece of mind.

I doesn't understand the complaining about the new ignore function :huh:

We should give them a chance, maybe one or two weeks to test the function how it works and if it not so works how it should we can discuss how it could works better.

But now, I think no one want give them a chance :(

I think the idea behind this new feature is awesome because so have everyone a second chance to show a good behavior in game :)

Also is it possible to ignore one member still with all your Alts all what is needed is one or two clicks more.

so peaceful )

%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%81%D1%82%D1%83%D1%

The old system had flaws in security. We have created a new system by which any player can easily protect himself from bullies. Just click ignore.

NO! You didnt create a new system by which any player can easily protect themselves. We had that before. What you did was create a system where if you ignore someone, they simply delete and make a new character and keep harassing. This new system sucks! And why were all ignore lists wiped? What was the point in that?

but another question.. why having 3alts per accounts ?? 1 is enough no ? so people wanna use alts buy other accounts, simple.

i never understood this ^^

Because this game has the functionality . Is it bad ? C`mon , we can remove all of the functionality and put Tetris in here . Without colors . Will be fun . 

People will find a problem even where it is not .

What the question ? i never understood this x)

This is a fantastic idea! Just label alts somehow. A diff color, a star, brackets, italics, etc.  That should be a very easy fix and will give people piece of mind.

yep . stupid fantastic idea . And every roleplayer will feel like lepers or like in this movie , with chips embedded in the bodyAll for someone's fragile psyche and fictitious security . 

May be necessary at least once a day to look out the windowSometimes there is beautiful and without pixels .

Peace .

yep . stupid fantastic idea . And every roleplayer will feel like lepers or like in this movie , with chips embedded in the bodyAll for someone's fragile psyche and fictitious security . 

May be necessary at least once a day to look out the windowSometimes there is beautiful and without pixels .

Peace .

If someone is roleplayer and seeks roleplay it doesn't hurt them one bit as they will not go after people who seek something different here. won't give people empty promises or hopes or try to date or whatever people do here. So if person who seeks social contact and let's say dating see coloured person they can avoid them. I don't see issue. not everyone have to talk with RPers if they don't want RP.

It actually isn't bad idea at all actually. 

You should stop offending people here with their opinions because no security is fictitious.

But then you wont stop since you are one of people who love alting so much.

I for one bit don't mind if my alts are marked in colour at all.

I also think that this recent change wont change anything and only push people to buy more accounts. So more profit for 3dx chat and more drama but like that just my opinion.