3DXChat Community

[BL] New Ignore-System [Charakter vs. Account Block|Ban]

chaostika

Account vs. Character Block|Ban  

87 members have voted

1. 1. How would you handle the Block|Ban issue!?

• Accountwide Block|Ban
    • Only Character Block|Ban
    • Vote abstention
    • Whats a Block or a Vote? Ah, lol, we have a forum...cool^^
    • /me thinks: Should i wear the red or the black stockings together with my new sexy shoes?

That would be good if you could predict when someone is going to play mind games with you.

The problem with this is that the bullying has already happened before you can ignore them.

People sometimes make alts just to spread rumors and cause trouble, by the time we get to put them on ignore the drama has already happened.

Plus the way you have it now, if a player is cashed up with gold, they can simply just make another alt that won't be on ignore.

CLick "ignore" again .

My opinion for what it is worth...do what makes the system more secure.Β  I have blocked them once, I can block them again.Β  If its so important for a person to stay in my life, let them continue to pay to try.Β  I will just continue to ignore.Β For what it's worth, most of my Ignored List was filled with random colds and not with those who are bullies and such.Β 

Β 

The developers are the developers. They are not the bully police.Β  All they can do is provide us with the most up to date tools to make sure that we can protect ourselves from bullies.Β  If the old system was flawed, and I think everyone agrees that it was flawed, we need to trust that the developers are doing what they can to ensure that we have the best means available to stop the problem.Β Β  We may not like how we have to go about it, but we should accept that its the best possible way they have to protect us.Β Β Β 

That would be good if you could predict when someone is going to play mind games with you.

The problem with this is that the bullying has already happened before you can ignore them.

People sometimes make alts just to spread rumors and cause trouble, by the time we get to put them on ignore the drama has already happened.

Plus the way you have it now, if a player is cashed up with gold, they can simply just make another alt that won't be on ignore.

Β 

Highly agree on this. Well said.

The old system had flaws in security. We have created a new system by which any player can easily protect himself from bullies. Just click ignore.

Β 

Β 

Yes, I think it is needed to define the problem here.

Β 

There are bullies that act rude and insulting. For them a character-only iggy is enough, as they will act the same way with the next ava, or not change the ava at all as they don't care.

Β 

But there are also ones, ingame titled as "mindf***ers", that aim to cause emotionally damage to others. For that they create 2nd Avas in order to go after their victims they already bullied with the 1st Ava. e.g. I had the case, one of many, that one individual of this species created a 2nd ava in order to get close to me, after I send him with the 1st ava to hell. The only way I found out was because I iggied the 1st after I met the 2nd, and the 2nd disappeared also. Without an account wide block this would not have happened and he would have gotten the chance to play his mindgames.

Β 

Β 

Ofc nothing can be 100% secure, as one could cancel his subscription and make a new account. But don't make it easier for them!

Β 

I have blocked them once, I can block them again

Β 

I agree. But I prefer playing 3DXChat over 3DXban-again-a-second-and-third-time because I had my reasons to ban.

Β 

I again agree this could be done fastly If..yes IF I'd know that this is same player I already banned. But there is no possibility to see this.

Β 

So in fact I think we don't need that new ban system because it won't help anything anymore. It is no effective ban system any longer to me.

The old system had flaws in security. We have created a new system by which any player can easily protect himself from bullies. Just click ignore.

What is actually new here? Havent we always been able to ignore? Seems to me you havent given us anything new to protect us. Instead you have taken away the only real tool we had to investigate if a suspect avi was someone who was mindfucking us.

Β 

If the old system had flaws in security... Why was that not adressed long time ago?

Β 

I predict that in 3 months time we will have more drama in the game than we ever had before. For the true assholes (and there is quite a lot of them around) 24 bucks is nothing.

What is actually new here? Havent we always been able to ignore? Seems to me you havent given us anything new to protect us. Instead you have taken away the only real tool we had to investigate if a suspect avi was someone who was mindfucking us.

Β 

If the old system had flaws in security... Why was that not adressed long time ago?

Β 

I predict that in 3 months time we will have more drama in the game than we ever had before. For the true assholes (and there is quite a lot of them around) 24 bucks is nothing.

Β 

Unfortunately so true.

Β 

A great day for all mindfu**ers - a bad day for a lot of different players.

Β 

But up on everybody on its own to accept this new "system" or not and to take consequences or not.

Β 

It is as easy as it is.

Β 

Until today I already knew "pay to win"...but "pay to bug" is quite innovative ;)

Β 

BUT: don't get me wrong. I don't attack developers. I am sure they try to do the best.Β 

I am just VERY unhappy about this new "system" that will lead to 3DXDrama.

Β 

And one thing is also for sure: there might be bigger earnings for 3DX now by selling slots.

While I am sure the very idea was marked with very good intentions to tackle the issue, we are a mature community that very much appreciates some sort of consent and interaction towards such decisions to avoid friction and escalation of any kind when it comes to such drastic decisions.

Β 

Even if it seems to come with some issues, I think it's safe to say for myself and others that we would feel much more secure if we were given the means to ignore entire accounts.

Β 

It is greatly saddening to see the degree of cyber mobbing, bullying and mindgames of all sorts emerge on here so we as paying customers should have the very right to protect us by all means.

Β 

The current system with the ignore list "wipe" basically invites everyone for a free ride and as xgold is easy to come by, it feels like fighting windmills.

Β 

I don't want to delve too deep into that topic and I am sure there are reasons behind, a sensitive nature, a bad day, frustration, misunderstandings, boiled up anger that culminates into a happy trigger finger or lashing out, but from what I came to witness over the last 1 1/2 year, it definitely blew out of proportions.

Although some disputes or false first impressions could surely blossom into healthy friendships, I strongly believe we should be allowed to ostracize us from where it doesn't feel that way.

Β 

In the very end I suppose it comes down to personal opinions, admittedly it does harmstring the rp community, as for myself, I do welcome the pricing in hindsight to the abundant creation and removal of characters in certain wild passions even if it cuts into spontaneous celebratory pranks as well on the downside.

Β 

Just thinking of the very twisted possibilities the new system invites makes me shudder.

Β 

Perhaps there is a new more dynamic Ignore system or compromise on the horizon that can be developed with the input of the community but until then, I kindly urge to pay an open mind and reconsider the new system.

I dont think it's a bad thing to have to pay for alts with an ignore that is not accound wide . 10000 Xgolds is not that pricy , it's around one month of free Xgold if you log everyday . RPers will just have to play little more with their alts .

I always love to hear the magic word "Cyberbullying"

Β 

While real world bullying can be a real pain, I cant really see how Cyberbullying became a thing. I always hear it from the Facebook people that cyberbullying is going on... I mean how so...

When someone bullies you on a social network or game, how can you not walk away from it? When beeing bullied in the real world its often not easy just to walk away as you mostly surrounded by bullies. But on the internet the solution is so easy and simple....

Β 

Just turn off your computer.

Β 

The same basically applies here... feel beeing bullied? Just put the person on ignore. He or she made another alt? No problem. Put on ignore.

Β 

Cyberbullying... I still cant believe its a thing that exists.

I would really want to know more about those "security flaws". There is, I guess, an unique account ID and an unique character ID. Where is the difference If an ignore system is based on one of those? I really don't get it, sorry. I am a programmer too.

Β 

@gizmo: If you explain it more I maybe can follow you.

Β 

@Nikki: Cyberbullying exist

Β 

Chloe

I always love to hear the magic word "Cyberbullying"

Β 

While real world bullying can be a real pain, I cant really see how Cyberbullying became a thing. I always hear it from the Facebook people that cyberbullying is going on... I mean how so...

When someone bullies you on a social network or game, how can you not walk away from it? When beeing bullied in the real world its often not easy just to walk away as you mostly surrounded by bullies. But on the internet the solution is so easy and simple....

Β 

Just turn off your computer.

Β 

The same basically applies here... feel beeing bullied? Just put the person on ignore. He or she made another alt? No problem. Put on ignore.

Β 

Cyberbullying... I still cant believe its a thing that exists.

Β 

I wouldn't be so quick to cast a judgement on that, I genuinely hope for you that you never needed or need to deal with mobbing or bullying as a victim, therapist or close relative, be it virtual or real but it isn't quite as easy, not to mention that those who actually entertain these forms of mindgames do not reveal themselves in such simple fashion but this is probably not the place for a detailed psychological essay or a list of examples.

Β 

If you care for more indepth knowledge, I'd be more than happy to indulge you with some rather shocking stories, those are surely not the norm but they're not excluded fron such an environment. An account-wide ignore does not necessarily stop that either but it ceases most attempts.

Β 

On the matter of shutting down your computer in case of cyber harassing, we're all paying customers as well, while it might be the best or most efficient solution in the end, you would also leave your social circle behind, not to mention a certain amout of money and I am sure the developers have an interest to avoid such escalations for several reasons. I believe there is a larger amount of people on here who couldΒ  fill you in on rather unpleasant stories that went to great lengths, thank you for understanding.

Β 

As for the matter of payed slots, I can befriend myself with the thought, however wiping the entire ignore list before does somewhat contradict with it I am afraid.

Β 

Β 

Since today might be neverending story...bug/bully..ignore...bug/bully..ignore...

Β 

Well hopefully you won't be bullied irl. Otherwise I would now just use your own words to "help" you: just leave your (maybe beloved)Β  place where the bugger is/buggers are. Oh...he is following you? Pity....just leave that place again :P and again and again and again...SOLVEDΒ  :PΒ 

Β 

So....yes..you are right. I even highly doubt that bullying irl exists

Β 

ATTENTION: this here may contain some sarcasm

I wouldn't be so quick to cast a judgement on that, I genuinely hope for you that you never needed or need to deal with mobbing or bullying as a victim, therapist or close relative, be it virtual or real but it isn't quite as easy, not to mention that those who actually entertain these forms of mindgames do not reveal themselves in such simple fashion but this is probably not the place for a detailed psychological essay or a list of examples.

Β 

If you care for more indepth knowledge, I'd be more than happy to indulge you with some rather shocking stories, those are surely not the norm but they're not excluded fron such an environment. An account-wide ignore does not necessarily stop that either but it ceases most attempts.

Β 

On the matter of shutting down your computer in case of cyber harassing, we're all paying customers as well, while it might be the best or most efficient solution in the end, you would also leave your social circle behind, not to mention a certain amout of money and I am sure the developers have an interest to avoid such escalations for several reasons. I believe there is a larger amount of people on here who couldΒ  fill you in on rather unpleasant stories that went to great lengths, thank you for understanding.

Β 

As for the matter of payed slots, I can befriend myself with the thought, however wiping the entire ignore list before does somewhat contradict with it I am afraid.

Β 

I ve been victim myself 7 years ago. While I wouldnt put the incident into the bullying category, it was even worse. It's called stalking and had its origin in the internet aswell. Back in the day I wasnt really careful with personal informations of myself, but also the said person has abused his administrative rights of a community to trace my IP adresses that have been logged into the forums. That way the said person paid me several visits in the real world. Unwanted visits to be precise. The only way to stop this was to call the police and to reach an interim disposal via court of law.

Β 

While it was a shocking time it was also a learning curve.

Β 

Privacy on the internet has become a huge deal to me since that days, and I can only advise anyone else who fears bullying or stalking, that it is totally up to you how many private details you reveal in any digital form. I ve seen some people are pretty reckless with their privacy and yet they wonder why they are hit were it hurts. And to be honest, I am really surprised how far some stories go here in 3DX Chat... a game that is obviously a sex game with slightly to no chance to find a real partner here.

Β 

Usually people (like myself) come to roleplay fantasies here, while others come here to seek or create drama wich is often carried beyond the walls of 3DX or the internet.

Β 

We are own destinys smith, especially here on the internet.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Since today might be neverending story...bug/bully..ignore...bug/bully..ignore...

Β 

Well hopefully you won't be bullied irl. Otherwise I would now just use your own words to "help" you: just leave your (maybe beloved)Β  place where the bugger is/buggers are. Oh...he is following you? Pity....just leave that place again :P and again and again and again...SOLVEDΒ  :P

Β 

So....yes..you are right. I even highly doubt that bullying irl exists

Β 

ATTENTION: this here may contain some sarcasm

Β 

As I said... Real life is a bit different. If you comparing the digital world and the real world equally, you might live in the digital world too much. Not wanting to sound rude, but its a comparison that has one huge flaw...

I ve been victim myself 7 years ago. While I wouldnt put the incident into the bullying category, it was even worse. It's called stalking and had its origin in the internet aswell. Back in the day I wasnt really careful with personal informations of myself, but also the said person has abused his administrative rights of a community to trace my IP adresses that have been logged into the forums. That way the said person paid me several visits in the real world. Unwanted visits to be precise. The only way to stop this was to call the police and to reach an interim disposal via court of law.

Β 

Β 

Privacy on the internet has become a huge deal to me since that days, and I can only advise anyone else who fears bullying or stalking, that it is totally up to you how many private details you reveal in any digital form. I ve seen some people are pretty reckless with their privacy and yet they wonder why they are hit were it hurts. And to be honest, I am really surprised how far some stories go here in 3DX Chat... a game that is obviously a sex game with slightly to no chance to find a real partner here.

Β 

Usually people (like myself) come to roleplay fantasies here, while others come here to seek or create drama wich is often carried beyond the walls of 3DX or the internet.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

As I said... Real life is a bit different. If you comparing the digital world and the real world equally, you might live in the digital world too much. Not wanting to sound rude, but its a comparison that has one huge flaw...

Β 

no worries. It wasn't rude. Cyber and real life is somehow merging more and more. Constanly. If that is all for good we will just see. I am not too sure about that but that's another story.

Β 

I am happy I can say I was never bullied irl but I know ppl that were. And I also know ppl that were bullied in cyber. To deny that cyber-bullying exists is just not the right way in my opinion. It DOES exist.

Β 

Let's agree to disagree here about that topic and get back to main topic. You are welcome.

no worries. It wasn't rude. Cyber and real life is somehow merging more and more. Constanly. If that is all for good we will just see. I am not too sure about that but that's another story.

Β 

I am happy I can say I was never bullied irl but I know ppl that were. And I also know ppl that were bullied in cyber. To deny that cyber-bullying exists is just not the right way in my opinion. It DOES exist.

Β 

Let's agree to disagree here about that topic and get back to main topic. You are welcome.

Β 

While that might be the case I can only speak for myself that I will make sure it never happens that my IRL is merging with the Cyberlife as I have been shown how far this can go. But I also respect your point and probably wasnt the best thing to say Cyberbully does not exist at all... I just cant imagine how this can exist in my humble opinion.

from ashbash in the update thread:

Patch Notes 328

Features & Content
- 2 new sex poses have been added.
- Ignore System Improved and Security Fixed.

Changes
- Ignore based on the character only. (Not whole account)
- New characters can be created with 10,000 xGold payment only. (First character is free, then 2nd and 3rd will cost 10,000 xGold each)

It will reduce the amount of bullies and troll characters people make as well as Characters people will be creating for misleading and inconvenience.

- It's impossible to remove the last character on the account.
- Halloween Decorations have been removed.Β 

Β 

Feeling even more insecure now to find out that there has been a complete wipe of the blacklist. The accounts / avas I had there are stilled in use, thereby I would have assumed that a customer friendly solution is not to wipe it but to transfer it to the new system.

Β 

Maybe you want to add this to the patch notes:

- complete wipe of ignore list

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I am sorry to hearΒ  you had to witness such horrific ways, I think it is safe to say that we all are a bit passionate and perhaps somewhat sensitive to that topic and you are obviously entitled to your own opinion, I won't divulge any of my personal experiences but I found the advice a little rash, especially now in respect to your own happenings and what others had to endure virtually.

With the anoymity coming to play in the cyber world, it is a whole new ball game of problems that can arise.

Β 

We do forge our own destinies indeed, how we perceive this place is up to everyone's own perspective, I might be among the minority who enjoys more than the sexual aspects of company but to each their own.

Β 

Perhaps there is a third category and on top of that, a somewhat deeper reason for all of them, us, to come here but I won't digress any further into that social aspect, it is just a curious development to see so many wave the "Drama-free fantasy" flag and remain for something else, something more on here. Once and every now even blossoming an actual relation or other close bonds from a world that can be more than pure debauchery.

It is just that I disagree with the term "drama-seeking" and the whole process such things unfold and stalking or bullying emerges but enough of that and back to the Ignore-list :).