3DXChat Community

[BL] New Ignore-System [Charakter vs. Account Block|Ban]

chaostika

Account vs. Character Block|Ban  

87 members have voted

1. 1. How would you handle the Block|Ban issue!?

• Accountwide Block|Ban
    • Only Character Block|Ban
    • Vote abstention
    • Whats a Block or a Vote? Ah, lol, we have a forum...cool^^
    • /me thinks: Should i wear the red or the black stockings together with my new sexy shoes?

Patch Notes 328

Changes

- Ignore based on the character only. (Not whole account)

hey there folks,

i just saw this here a few hours ago and chattet n voiced with a few ppl of 3dx about this change and wanted to know what u guyz think!? for myself i can say, i only have 4 perm bans and the rest is full of temp bans that i clear regularly every now and then, cause i simply dont perm ban for peanuts and a lifetime, lol! but for my few handfull permbans|blocks, just like the ppl wrote or said to me in skype - > if i dont wont to hear of/from someone and or neither wanna see his/her face anymore --> its not from the avi -> ITS FROM THE WHOLE ACCOUNT!

didnt we already have single avi block, then account-wide bans?! just wondering now, why rolln to that back again, just cause a new char costs money now^^ besides that, just thinkin of one my best gfs here now whilse im writing; she latetly blocked someone finally permanently cause of stalking and was happy to enjoy her game again (and yes, ik, no safety at all cause of multiple accounts bla bla) but still...atleast for me and others this change doesnt makes sense at all! sure, it has its pros and cons like everything and everywhere and just curious what u guyz and most of all, our devs think and what made them do so to choose this decision again. once i cant make up my mind yet, i voted for "vote abstention" but would intend voting for an account wide ban, if i had to!! - amen -

btw and last, some1 in skype who cant post during workingtime kindly asked me to ask that below here about the new update and blocks and maybe also that could be answered:

[10:01:06] *******:what with existing ones?

[10:02:12] *******: so blocks work right away only on avas?

[10:02:26] *******: what about past blocks?

thx in advance for your time and opinions!!

parts of the care company^^

have a nice day

There was a security flaw with the account wide block, and had to be fixed, the only way to fix it was to go back to single avi blocking.

means this (fix) then is only a temporary solution and as one finds out what caused it and it will be programmed back to the account wide block again?! just curious, thinkin n askin

Character block is secure solution. We don't plan to go back to the account wide block again.

By security, do you mean like a privacy thing, as it was able to be used to find out who had what alts ?

Character block is secure solution. We don't plan to go back to the account wide block again.

oki doki and thx 4 the quick n precise info, sir...much appreciated!

rygvpezd22jh(1).jpg?id=61937849

sooooo

ubv8g.jpg

Defcon 4 ~ increased intelligence watch and strengthened security measures

Defcon_4_Type1.gif

4yww4o1vu79y.jpg

have a nice rest autumn

If someone is an asshole with one character, he is an asshole with all characters. So i vote for blocking whole account.

Besides, when the whole account was blocked we had a way of finding out if a "friend" was fooling with you with another avi, by iggying the suspect, and then see who dissapeared from the friendlist.

That line of selfdefence has now been taken from us.

Seems the devs didnt really put their heads into this.

In this case we need the ability to identify an account, meaning to know if an ava is on the same account as an already blocked one. I fully agree to the thread starter that if I block someone, I want to block the account in order to not deal with the player again.

- > if i dont wont hear of/from someone and or neither wanna see his/her face anymore --> its not from the avi -> ITS FROM THE WHOLE ACCOUNT!

To charge a fee of 10k gold for every 2nd ava might be a nice tool to pull xgold out of the game, but it won't save the customers from being bullied. 10k gold is a lot, but it will be only a small hurdle for the bullies. At least not in the next 3 to 6 months, as most people have far more than 10k gold on their account. 

I know we the customers have to live with these changes, as we only have the decision to subscribe under the current patch OR NOT. But I would like to know if the devs plan to protect the customers from bullies in another way than the 10k system?

By security, do you mean like a privacy thing, as it was able to be used to find out who had what alts ?

Yes related to this.

Since gizmo is active in this thread, what happens with the existing blocks that were already account-wide? Are they transformed to character only block? Have you kept track of which character was used to make the block in the first place?

Existing blocks have been reset. And now each character on account has a separate blacklist.

To charge a fee of 10k gold for every 2nd ava might be a nice tool to pull xgold out of the game, but it won't save the customers from being bullied. 10k gold is a lot, but it will be only a small hurdle for the bullies. At least not in the next 3 to 6 months, as most people have far more than 10k gold on their account.

I agree on this.

Simply sounds like "pay to bug" for me.

Unfortunately.

Well at least the devs seem to be finally agreeing there is a problem with alts being used to bully and other things.

I don't think what they have done will do very much to stop it from happening though and i still feel the best way is to have 2nd and 3rd avis names appear in a different colour.

That way players will still be able to use them for what ever they want, role playing would not be effected by having a different coloured name.

Having it so you need to pay each time you change your character I can see would effect the role players as it will cost them to do so.

I thank the devs for trying, but I don't think you made the right move here.

damn, already 5 new posts since me answering^^ im just to slow today hehee

defcon 4, does that mean I need a hard hat ?
/me Goes to clothes suggestions and suggests hard hats

DEFCON-4-header.jpg

hands over "a hard hat" to twiggy a helps her close it

helm.jpg

If someone is an asshole with one character, he is an asshole with all characters.

An assho*e stays an assho*e.

niccage4.gif

looks for a hammer

id say...you two pretty well just nailed it there^^

The old system had flaws in security. We have created a new system by which any player can easily protect himself from bullies. Just click ignore.

That would be good if you could predict when someone is going to play mind games with you.

The problem with this is that the bullying has already happened before you can ignore them.

People sometimes make alts just to spread rumors and cause trouble, by the time we get to put them on ignore the drama has already happened.

Plus the way you have it now, if a player is cashed up with gold, they can simply just make another alt that won't be on ignore.

Well at least the devs seem to be finally agreeing there is a problem with alts being used to bully and other things.

I don't think what they have done will do very much to stop it from happening though and i still feel the best way is to have 2nd and 3rd avis names appear in a different colour.

That way players will still be able to use them for what ever they want, role playing would not be effected by having a different coloured name.

Having it so you need to pay each time you change your character I can see would effect the role players as it will cost them to do so.

I thank the devs for trying, but I don't think you made the right move here.

I fully agree.

If it was needed to step back from the account wide ban due to security concerns I understand that this lack of security had to be fixed as soon as possible. But I do hope the above statement that it won't be changed back to account wide is not fix. Forgive me my ignorance as I don't have a clue of game development, but there has to be a way to have an account wide ban in a mmo that offers accounts with multiple avas in a secure way.