3DXChat Community

New Oculus SDK: when can we use our Rift again?

Wintermute

With the release today of the Oculus PC SDK 0.8.0.0 Beta, I'd like to check in to see how re-implementation of Rift functionality is coming along.

Any news when we can expect this to work properly with the new SDK?

I'd also like to suggest a firstperson POV for use with VR as well. It would be nice.

Cheers.

Hi! I have it also, but i cant try it...not with me, where Im right now. Let me know, it works or not? Or just headtracking is not working.....

Are you having an issue with 3DX Rift mode or headtracking in general?

If 3DX, probably not a good idea as they used 0.4.something last time they did a Rift update and the SDK is on 0.8.0

If it's tracking in general, you may want to read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2cu0qq/how_i_got_my_dk2_working_with_positional_tracking/ 

and probably this: http://cymaticbruce.com/DK2Troubleshoot2.html

Hey Exstasy. Last time I used this game in VR was with my DK1 and the implementation has been .. very lacking.

The SDK used by the game has been out of date for a very, very long time. This was the feature that brought me to find out about the game in the first place.

2016 will have consumer releases of at least two VR headsets. I'd like to know where the development team stands in regards to further support.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Its a smart investment to be honest if they did. Pc's are getting more popular and Vr is going to take off with vive or rift. But i would like the to add a camera option for first person view of either party and also be able to move the camera freely not locked on your avatar so you can get some better 3rd person views.

I've had a high end pc for a while and I've been waiting for a game like this I actually found it by accident i was wondering if there were Any 3d sex games mmo type and so far I'm blown by how visually good it looks with everything max but I wish they had more variety options on clothes, hair.

Spanking, kiss, etc should be given a option in various positions as well it would make the experience much greater.