3DXChat Community

User Created Content - QUESTIONS | DISCUSSIONS

chaostika

we still cant post in dev n suggs till this very day grrr

29954-zombieland-zombieland-reload.gif

that topic (link blow) is blocked as is should be with annoucements

so please mods: move this, delete or roll and smoke it hahaaa thx

(if moved, ill just delete this above here asap!!)

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/2208-user-created-content/

3DXChat uses the Game Engine "Unity". So you will need to be able to make content into formats that Unity supports example .max for models and such.

at the moment we're running | using the unity 4 engine. in the (stopped) monday Q&A to the devs that u made n hosted in the past ash, i think the devteam answered ya: expanding of existing and creating of new locations will NOT happen, before we migrate/upgrade to a stable unity 5 version of that engine!! (finally day|nights settings yiehaw) but besides that:

will it even EVER be possible one day, to also create and receive usermade locations done by the community!?

thx in advance 4 ur time n patience

ps: and if u wonna a ****** aschi, just whisper in my ears, if u know, when the uprade to unity 5 will be finished and "accomplished" and done muahhaaa...kiddn ofc...maybe...maybe not^^

I have a question about creating user content.... as ash said the designs can be drawn and painted in gimp or photoshop....I have always designed with gimp of making stuff for avatars.... and have had to use uv mesh maps to go by to make sure it fits the avatar correctly and to design properly.....wouldent we need models/maps to go by to design clothing ect for here as well to make sure we design it correctly....but the devs only have that I think.....Just trying to learn more about it as I have expierence and would love to make content for here as well.... :)

I have a question about creating user content.... as ash said the designs can be drawn and painted in gimp or photoshop....I have always designed with gimp of making stuff for avatars.... and have had to use uv mesh maps to go by to make sure it fits the avatar correctly and to design properly.....wouldent we need models/maps to go by to design clothing ect for here as well to make sure we design it correctly....but the devs only have that I think.....Just trying to learn more about it as I have expierence and would love to make content for here as well.... :)

Hi April, from what I gather if you send in your portfolio to Lisa with what you have done and if the quality is good for 3DXChat I believe she will send you the required assets to create the content you wish to. :)

Regards

Ash

Wouldn´t it be good, if the Devs create a so called Designer package with the most important meshes. free to download for all common designers?

Guessing they wanna protect their material from creative(product) theft or ending out various places to others than intended group of people, imagine its why you get approved then access. Imagine you'll probably get something you have to sign under as well before getting said items.

Most companies are very protective about their products not being used for anything other than things given permission for or purpose they're allowed for.

Guessing they wanna protect their material from creative(product) theft or ending out various places to others than intended group of people, imagine its why you get approved then access. Imagine you'll probably get something you have to sign under as well before getting said items.

Most companies are very protective about their products not being used for anything other than things given permission for or purpose they're allowed for.

no, i can`t agree.....Utherverse, Secret City, Second Life and IMVU are publishing Designer Kits für their Users to create own contents

no, i can`t agree.....Utherverse, Secret City, Second Life and IMVU are publishing Designer Kits für their Users to create own contents

While they provide the basics to help you get started and simple instructions the rest you have to learn on your own.  They are very tight about using Copyrighted images, meshes and more. There are policies in place to protect the original content for users much like anywhere.

Tipsy said...

Not like the robots of 3DXChat that get stuck in the same pose and never move around ;)

Anyway, at least the devs encourage users to improve the game.

Red ghosts in a the same spots that you have to reload a room and so on.

That would be a first for that as the game has been out a while and so much feedback has been given and barely listened to let alone responded to.  I get we're all so busy but for this game to improve at all, the time must be taken to get it there which seem to lack.

Taking the User(s) Content, which of course anything submitted, should be checked to make sure it's original content created by the User(s).  I would hope that all the hard work that goes into the game shouldn't be anything that isn't.

Yes getting animations from the likes of MrBones in the Unity assets store, when he was there, could prove to be a problem.

He has a website where he sells thousands of animations called TruBones which are said to be ripped from other games.

If they are or not I can't say, although it does look very suspicious as lots of the animations are in games produced by some of the biggest game developers.

He states his animations are perfect for game developers giving the impression you are able to use them in a game you make.

But when people have found out animations they have used are actually from other games and asked for a refund, he has refused the refunds claiming he does not grant licenses or say the animations can be used in games.

There is a guy in the Unity forum that posted a copy of the message MrBones had sent to PayPal stating that as to why he will not grant a refund.

You need to make sure you have the rights to things you provide if you use content from other people, some may seem legit but aren't.

Best thing to do is to send a message to these people and have them clearly state the item can be used in your game, you will find that some that make it sound like you can on their website, when they are asked direct will not even respond to your message.

Browsing the Unity forum is a good place to look to see where this type of thing is happening.

You'd imagine they would have had him banned from forum, reselling stolen work as your own has to be against both code of conduct but also terms of use/service. Surprised why forum wouldn't have banned him if it was the case of him passing off ripped and stolen content selling them off on their forum.

That said i am sure its always a good idea to do you check up on content and background checks first, same way you would asking permissions to use a picture you find on the net for something.

You have to be extremely careful when you use something if you did not create it yourself as you may not know the original origin of it and can face the consequences of that.  Anyone can sell a file, buy one or pull something off the net, but you have that doesn't mean you can just use it as you want, it doesn't work like that.  I urge anyone to look up the legalities of it first then go from there.

Indeed, having assets on stores like that can be a tricky thing, risky, but most are legit, but as you say Twiggy, some people do pose themselves as legitament businesses but then it turns out after much investigation that it is actually a fraud company and using stolen assets to gain a quick buck so to speak.

It's why I urge all who do decide to make content for this game make sure it is YOUR content and not taken and modified of someone elses work. Because it will be refused and it can pose to be a problem and it does break the rules of conduct for this game. So make sure it is your own work and your own copyright and not taken from other people and modified to be your own.

P.s. Continuous breaking of this conduct with this stuff will result in your account being terminated from the forum and the game.

I should have added this to my earlier post, sorry had to find it again.

Just in case anyone is looking at TrueBones as a soarse for animations in a game or has used them before.

It is also a bit of a funny read, makes this forum look really tame.

It starts about 1/4 way down on the 2nd page.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/released-brand-new-uni-bones-1200-fbx-bvh-motionsspecial-prerlease-savings-offer.184704/page-2

If they wanted to do that then they would have to start creating more actual content of their own rather than buying it off marketplaces ;)

About designer kits....yes that's what I was asking about in the post I made to this topic.....as myself of having expierence in avatar design....and others that can design stuff for avatars.... we would still need access to the design tools and more information about it..... so we can help to make content for here...and to make it correctly for this virtual world....

Quick question about copyrights...

What if I have explicit permission to use assets by their owners?  They're not techincally mine... but I've been given full control over them and am able to use them as I need. 

Just wondering if it's an all or nothing type of thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiiii

I create 3 new poses / Animations
- Sitting on the legs of the partner
- Smoke animation (Sit Position / Female Animation actually (sorry ^^))
- DJ POSES - 2 MORE ANIMATION (Clap Clap / Get up Get up !!)

But, i have several questions before..

Models on 3DS must be identical has those of games ? (Textured or no ?)
I have to export the skeleton of the animation ?