3DXChat Community

3DXChat Snapshot Contest - October 2015

Tauri

False. None of the July winners were photoshopped.

In August, one of the winners had nothing but a logo added on their picture and 16/9 bands, which cannot be considered as "professionnal". Should I remind you that some of your submissions had logos added on them as well ? 

And the one submission of yours that was mentionned and voted for, was not modified, yet not enough votes to win but that's how it is.

Old system was flawed, contest was solely based on Likes, so basicaly the feeling expressed by members was "the more friends you have, the better chances you have at winning"

Then came the new system which added judges, that are periodically changed, yet keeping the likes as "back up judge", to prevent that feeling.

Judges being periodically changed, the choices are all up to the likes and dislikes of whomever is judging on that month. And we know that we don't all have the same taste.

No one is saying  the new system isn't flawed as well, but we are getting there, and as Tauri has mentionned above, another change will occur next month taking your feeling in consideration.

Now the fact that you are turning this into a war between "professionnals" and "losers" is quite overboard, and as skar has implied before, I don't see the point in trashing this topic into a war zone.

You have some amazing shots, both in contests and your own gallery, so don't downgrade yourself as a "loser", just to make a point. That is being melodramatic and insulting to yourself.

Now let's get back to the contest everyone please.

Wow thats cool, i have my logo on the pic that means it is photoshoped? i think you need to look up the difference between "Watermark" and "Edited by photoshop" and im not firing up a war here im just saying that the beloved "judges" should be fair and im not talking about me, there is a good number of cool and creative pics "not photoshoped" that need to look out for and not thrown away on the shelf and im not insulting myself, that is what it is here in the forum, there are levels in the users base, rookies - advanced - professional and no one can deny that.

about the complains about the rule , maybe we could have this :

1 The winners of a month cant participate the next month .

2 we should know who are the judges

3 definite when a screenshot stop to be a screenshot . Exemple : the pic with the the end of the world isn't really a screenshot to me . Is it still a screenshot when peoples add something on a screenshot ?

I agree on that leeloo, its not a "ScreenShot" if its played with a third party software, and besides to all those who think that we are jealous, please give me a break and mind ur own business cuz i am capable of hiring one of my friends to play around with the screenshot on photoshop but where is the fun in that huh? u tell me where is the competition? where is the creativity in producing a wonderful picture with the limited tools the devs put into the game?

about the complains about the rule , maybe we could have this :

1 The winners of a month cant participate the next month .

2 we should know who are the judges

3 definite when a screenshot stop to be a screenshot . Exemple : the pic with the the end of the world isn't really a screenshot to me . Is it still a screenshot when peoples add something on a screenshot ?

4 maybe the one getting the most Likes can have an extra vote

Updated with a fourth rule :D

And dont get me wrong , i dont say that playing with photoshop is bad . I myself use it to give a comics look to my screenshots , but i dont add stuff that are not from the game like astéroïds or dogs or anything else . I just play with the lights or black/white , or paintings etc ...

Clearly not a single word was read where it was mentionned that current system being still flawed, starting next month there will be a change added to provide for both edited and non edited pictures.

Yet it doesn't seem to be enough ?

Therefore I'll ask everyone to send all suggestions to Tauri, in private messages, since she is the Administrator of this contest, or directly to the admins.

There is no point in flooding a contest that has already started with animosity.

So again please everyone, let us finish this contest, and look forward to the upcoming changes starting November.

Further non contest submissions will be removed to avoid the escalation.

Maybe is it also a bit fair if the winners of the previous months step back and give all another members a chance for win this contest.
In my opinion is it not really fair if always the same win this contest...

Please let all others also a chance for win!
I'll don't post this and the next month a picture, I'm happy with my second space of September :)

Guest Eclipse

Oh god I'm so confused...I'm not sure if Photoshop is good or bad in this post anymore.

I'm just trying to post a fun pic *looks to the heavens for guidance* making it was the fun part, trying to figure out where to post this sucker is the not so fun part.

ugh, I already have dog problems I have to deal with !!!

dogs_zpsywvn7nsv.jpg