3DXChat Community

3DXChat Snapshot Contest - October 2015

Tauri

3DXChat Snapshot Contest - October 2015

Dear friends, we want to start a monthly 3DXChat Snapshot Contest. Post beautiful snapshots here and get prizes.

How it all works!
From August and forward the old system with the picture that gets the most likes is gone. And to replace it comes a new judge based system!
How it works is... There have been selected 4 judges, which will remain unnamed for now. At the end of the month those 4 judges will vote on which picture they think is the best out of the bunch, whichever picture they come up with will be the winner, they also decide who gets 2nd and 3rd.

But remember to keep liking the pictures you like, they still play a role since if there is a tie in votes, the likes will be what decides who wins.

Rules:

• Post your snapshots in this topic - only 1 snapshot per post
  • 1 snapshot from 1 member per day (you can post 1 snapshot every day)
  • Photoshop is allowed

Prizes:

• First Prize - 10,000 XGold
  • Second Prize - 7,000 XGold
  • Third Prize - 5,000 XGold

Tips:

• Run the game (and the patcher) as administrator but first add the game (and the patcher) to the exception list of your firewall and antivirus.
  • Use the [Print Screen] key on your keyboard to make a snapshot (it will be saved to the '3DXChat/Screenshots' folder)
  • Use these hotkeys: [shift + Z] to hide GUI; [shift + X] for a Depth of field FX;

Good Luck! 

Its already in the works JuicyJina, it will come into effect next month, just need to get the rules for each one sorted out. And it should be said that the judges change from time to time, theres already been 2 changes since they got introduced.

Hope that clears it up, if not, feel free to reply again or throw me a pm.

well i think the judges are not qualified for this kind of competition cuz if they had knowledge in art or creativity they should at least choose one non-photoshoped photo, and i dont want to win, i want you "Professional users" to make room for us "Losers" to express. 3 months in a row and all winners photos are photoshoped AND in September same top 3 winner is mentioned in the list that says "list of the ones that didnt make the top three, but still their pictures are amazing and deserve a mention!" wow! good job judges u are doing a great job at this!

Ok, JuicyJina, we get it. You are bitter about the situation. 

There no perfect solution with this kind of contest and it already been improved compare to when the contest was launched.

There a need to setup clearly the rules of the contest and set the parameter on which the screenshot are judge. 

Putting the blame is counter productive and won't improve the contest.

I am glad that you brought this issue and it a valid one, but there no need to turn a valid criticism into a fight. 

its really funny and unfair how u are always letting the ones using photoshop win, well i say u MUST do two types of contests and i am really pissed off of this non-sense. Really took me down after i was so excited to share my work but i realized that cuz im not a "professional" user then i dont get to win.

errrp... The contest has been around a while and let's face it... As far as creativity you can only go so far. This argument has happened. Don't be jelly. Step up/

well i think the judges are not qualified for this kind of competition cuz if they had knowledge in art or creativity they should at least choose one non-photoshoped photo, and i dont want to win, i want you "Professional users" to make room for us "Losers" to express. 3 months in a row and all winners photos are photoshoped AND in September same top 3 winner is mentioned in the list that says "list of the ones that didnt make the top three, but still their pictures are amazing and deserve a mention!" wow! good job judges u are doing a great job at this!

Well did participants not read the guidelines? Which clearly state photoshop is cool. If you are that pressed for gold... log on every day.

3 months in a row and all winners photos are photoshoped

False. None of the July winners were photoshopped.

In August, one of the winners had nothing but a logo added on their picture and 16/9 bands, which cannot be considered as "professionnal". Should I remind you that some of your submissions had logos added on them as well ? 

And the one submission of yours that was mentionned and voted for, was not modified, yet not enough votes to win but that's how it is.

Old system was flawed, contest was solely based on Likes, so basicaly the feeling expressed by members was "the more friends you have, the better chances you have at winning"

Then came the new system which added judges, that are periodically changed, yet keeping the likes as "back up judge", to prevent that feeling.

Judges being periodically changed, the choices are all up to the likes and dislikes of whomever is judging on that month. And we know that we don't all have the same taste.

No one is saying  the new system isn't flawed as well, but we are getting there, and as Tauri has mentionned above, another change will occur next month taking your feeling in consideration.

Now the fact that you are turning this into a war between "professionnals" and "losers" is quite overboard, and as skar has implied before, I don't see the point in trashing this topic into a war zone.

You have some amazing shots, both in contests and your own gallery, so don't downgrade yourself as a "loser", just to make a point. That is being melodramatic and insulting to yourself.

Now let's get back to the contest everyone please.

so I've been reading over comments about the competition, (good and bad). Drama loves finding the snapshot contest , this thing is meant to be fun, not about winning

I've submitted to this comp from the beginning ... I've spammed many months. (as some may remember) .. but I do it for fun.

So for my conclusion, I've decided the snapshot contest should be turn into the special Olympics ... EVERYONE WINS!!!!!!             << (i apologise to anyone who is offended)

XxhJe9J.jpg

The Best Participant of the snapshot contest .. Go Meeeee!!!

about the complains about the rule , maybe we could have this :

1 The winners of a month cant participate the next month .

2 we should know who are the judges

3 definite when a screenshot stop to be a screenshot . Exemple : the pic with the the end of the world isn't really a screenshot to me . Is it still a screenshot when peoples add something on a screenshot ?

4 maybe the one getting the most Likes can have an extra vote