3DXChat Community

Understanding ethics

Guest Twiggy

We can all have a discussion without throwing insults around at people, even if their opinion differs, it's good to try and enlighten the situation on both sides of both arguements which doesn't revolved around in turning to insulting eachother, we are a community, and communities are here to work as one, even if we all have different opinions! It's best to try and learn, understand and acknowledge what both sides are saying. Reverting to insults from people because their opinion differs is not the way to go. ^_^

Why are these constant attacks on the role playing community being allowed on the forum? Why are moderators participating in the which hunts? Skar, you told me in a PM once: "I would like to give me a exemple of when I did let someone bully a RP and one exemple I said it was acceptable."

Well, take a look at what Twiggy is posting and about your own posts in her threads.

Someone show me in the game rules where it says we have to divulge information about our private lives on demand to any other player that asks. Show in the game rules where it says players have to make avatars that are the same age, gender, race or whatever as their real life selves.  

You know what is in the community rules?

2.02. Insults, personal attacks, abuse, threats, harassment or defamatory are prohibited. This category includes clear and masked language and Both / or links to websites Containing search language or images which:

- Insultingly refer to other characters, players, SexGameDevil employees, or groups of people.
- Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, SexGameDevil employees, or groups of people
Harassment takes many forms, and Is not Necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action.
The idea behind this is to prevent any player from consistently being uncomfortable on the forums.
2.03. Any bad comments and / or discussions based on race, nationality, religion, culture, sexual preferences and underage sex are prohibited.
2.06. Giving out or discussing a user's personal information without their consent is prohibited .

Where are the voices of sanity that are supposed to protect ALL of the players and not just the select group?

Which is why I wrote in my above post that all people are involved in being civil, not just a select few. Everyone needs to remain civil and discuss things in a civil and respectable manner, if not it will be removed.

The issue is, if we remove the post completely it will look like we are protecting the RP community. If we keep the post here and see people post the stuff they do without throwing in warnings it will seem that we are protecting the people who are talking about this issue. Which is why I am saying all need to speak in a civil manner about this and any posts that are insulting will be removed and if people persist in discussing things in an insulting manner breaking rule 2.02 will be at risk of getting restrictions applied to their Forum accounts.

The mods are not protecting any specific group we are protecting all. Twiggy understand that posts need to be civil and respectable as she has acknowledged in her most recent post where she acknowledges the understanding.

We have also removed some insulting parts of posts in this thread as it breaches the rules, but if it continues and people still abuse and insult other members both direct or indirect, then they will be dealt with in the appropriate manner.

I do agree though, members are not forced to give out personal info as you stated above with rule 2.06.

This is clearly a bailout.  And also, why would you assume that we wanted to read this? Its like if I assume you wanted to read this wall of text:

boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies vboobies boobies boobies boobies boobies boobies

u have writtn boobies once wrong cathy, im sry, but now u have to write it all over again!!

cathy.jpg?id=58916334

sb6ix15dn6m.jpg

and to "the way" of the topic

fed6cae3f53aadc99e8d63587e8e1e45.jpg

quote+-+respect.jpg

wpid-respect.jpg

11333481_1435923696716974_1251116340_n.j

I do agree with your image Chaos the second one about don't want to all be the same but to understand.

once "this subject" started in 'does anyone play as themselfs' (and i guess in endless topics before and also before i started "playn" here) and swaped over here, i thought that second pic would fit...thats all and thx 4 deleting the double post, gosh ur faster as i can write a report to have it delete hehee...anyway, have a nice day!

Yeah I saw it was a double post, so removed the second one. ^_^

Edit: Indeed, it seems this topic is brought up numerous times. But yeah, it keeps steering into insults both direct and indirect.

But yes, guys and girls! Please keep the conversation civil and constructive, indeed not everyone is going to agree on opinions by others, but thats the whole idea for constructive conversation, by taking in others opinions and figuring it out and such rather than flaming/insulting because it is different to your own opinions. 

Hellos, well I read thru most of it or enough of it to realise that it actualy doesn't say anything about ethics just about excuses for acting "unethical" and i put that in quotes becouse thing as Unethical is never done, it is only perceived as unethical. Alot of those point refered to Ethics like clear and defined behaviour peopel should follow, which in reality it is far from it. Ethics is unclear thoughts and discussions about what should be considered right in the eyes of the person who is making up those thoughts, sure some of it gets mainstream and are accepted my majority of people like women rights, black rights, freedom of speech but then again so was slavery, women having no voice and beheading for not believing in god, both good and bad concepts are born in diferent times and are ethicaly right in those times. Sure now alot of people do say oh but we are better now, we know better, those living before us didnlt had such a moral compass as we do now, but do we ? are we sure that comign generations won;t look back at us as barbaric unethical bunch ? 

Coming back to your original post it is self contradicting in places:

In the 1st point it reffers to usage of illgal drugs as unethical - really ? something that has nothign to do with conduct with other peopel is unethical ? (that statment can only be made if you consider laws as ethics)

And then later on in some other point it says how laws is not ethics. Hence leaving point 1 looking like it was written by a person who has very single minded view of ethics.

And then they were tlaking about selfless acts which again .. selflesness does not exist. People always look out for themselfs and laws and ethics are concepts that are agreed by people at the period of time to preserve themselfs, not protect others form bad people.

Anyway i am putting my 2 cents in here. Would liek some edbate about ethics, but not the rules of how to fallow said ethcis :o

Thanks,

Dande.

u have writtn boobies once wrong cathy, im sry, but now u have to write it all over again!!

cathy.jpg?id=58916334

I.... Don't know if I should be insulted or touched by the fact that you read each word of that wall and then did that for me xD

But thx Chaos <3

As far as Twiggy goes.

I am not grasping for straws, I am just stating the obvious. That you are acting very sexist, and very rude and that you should apologize. 

If you fail to apologize, you will just prove to everyone here what this is: A tantrum.

I don't know what you are angry about really, but please don't take it out on us okay?

...sigh...

Unfortunately this thread has already sunk into the usual tit for tat...

...there was a lot to read...have to confess I only read about a quarter but I thought it was an interesting post. I'd love to have discussed it but this may as well be removed now.

Don't think Twigs deserved the flame...and then having a go at her because she reacted in kind to the response is also a bit unfair.

My two cents...ethics are normally a kind of unspoken collective community agreement right...within the rules or laws of the wider society...so in a way ethics here are whatever we decide we want them to be. I think what's ethical evolves and hopefully improves over time...but is shaped by the collective.

So in a world where we can shape our own ethics...maybe choosing the better parts of those we hold irl rather than simply giving free reign to things we can't get away with irl is a good thing...maybe not.

Seemed like a good opening for discussion but instead we'll stick to insulting each other right?

Still love u all :P

Here is a nice introduction to ethic from the BBC website... not related to the size of what you know. ;)

1d5f34af67e830c471016f239bf566fd59fcee80

Ethics: a general introduction

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/introduction/intro_1.shtml

Here is the Google search for Ethics which contains some really good information in each one that is read:

https://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy-ab&site=&source=hp&btnG=Search&q=Ethics

I've read through all the posts and it seems like there are some misunderstandings about ethics and moral. I know this is a heavily debated subject among academics, but i really dont feel like we can apply it to this community. 

So i suggest that we instead of arguing about ethics/morals, we debate the standing of the social norms (if there are any) in our group/sub-culture. The normal way of defining norms really dont apply well either as breaking the norms usally has a punishment of some sort (exclusion or being stigmatised). 

The question should rather be, what are our social norms and how does it apply to the community members?

(sorry for my bad english i hope i made it clear enough)