3DXChat Community

BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH - PLEASE ALL READ

Guest beccie

Hey everyone

October in the UK is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, an intiative to raise the profile of this devastating disease amongst women (and men) of all ages. By increasing the awareness of the disease amongst the public, it is hoped more people will know - and be able to spot - the earliest symptoms.

Worldwide, breast cancer is the most common form of the disease, with over half a million women dying in 2011 alone. Despite public health awareness campaigns in many countries, too many women are still dying of the disease each year.

Every death means a partner, parents, children and friends left devastated. Every death is needless. Every death should be avoided.

In support of the UK's Breast Cancer Awareness month, I will be colouring my hair PINK on 3dx from 1st - 31st October. I want as many players as possible to support me and to do the same, to show that together we're standing up against cancer. Men, please join me, as it could be your partner, mother, sister or daughter one day.

Please like this posting and keep it high on the agenda.

Thank you

xxx

Yes, excellent cause, and I hope many will follow it! Indeed Cancer in itself is a devastating condition amongst people and it has been the cause of losing some of the most caring, kind and wonderful people in the world. And what sucks is, it's a natural cause from cellular growth.

I wish you the best of luck with your awareness campaign in the world of 3DXChat!

Great post for a great cause. I doubt there is anyone that doesn't know someone that's been affected by breast cancer, or been lost to it. In my case my wife has suffered life-long depression following the loss of her mother to this disease when she was young. More recently her best friend was diagnosed as well, but fortunately because of early diagnosis and advanced treatments possible as a result of research, it looks like her friend will survive - and the lives of her children will be spared what my wife has been through.

Let's all join in by going pink and if you can, donate something to Cancer Research too.

AWESOME!!!

congratulations Beccie, this post have a real and deep meaning and deserve to be supported... and i support you definitive.

This Current Year, January 10th, we (My Wifey Mistyya, Me, Bunny, Gwendoline, Carol... and a lot of good friends) organized a party at the Night Club, and a lot of ppl supported us assisting dressed in pink, everyone, boys, girls and shemales all together, for a common cause... was a beautiful night...(even Elycia Came in Pink... :P )

And i also keep in my profile the post i made about, with the pictures i shared... :) 

Is great to see more ppl is interested in making such events, making this place a more rich and serious experience for everyone

This was the Party...

Tj67Qw8.jpg

A picture to support..

9U5JRNr.jpg

And a Tight Friendly Hug and a Big Lovely Kiss just 4U dear Beccie... :D 

CONGRATULATIONS!!! ^_^ 

AWESOME!!!
congratulations Beccie, this post have a real and deep meaning and deserve to be supported... and i support you definitive.
This Current Year, January 10th, we (My Wifey Mistyya, Me, Bunny, Gwendoline, Carol... and a lot of good friends) organized a party at the Night Club, and a lot of ppl supported us assisting dressed in pink, everyone, boys, girls and shemales all together, for a common cause... was a beautiful night...(even Elycia Came in Pink... :P )

And i also keep in my profile the post i made about, with the pictures i shared... :) 

Is great to see more ppl is interested in making such events, making this place a more rich and serious experience for everyone

This was the Party...
Tj67Qw8.jpg
A picture to support..
9U5JRNr.jpg
And a Tight Friendly Hug and a Big Lovely Kiss just 4U dear Beccie... :D 
CONGRATULATIONS!!! ^_^ 

The images I got of the event. Good times. I was on the raised platform next to the bar on the banister section. :D

42772fb9a0.jpg

9fe4173e2f.jpg

31bc46b9ff.jpg

As breast cancer as well as cancer runs in my family, I'll gladly open a room for the entire month done in as much pink and will wear pink all month long as it's not only Breast Cancer Awareness in the UK but the US as well.  It'll be nice and for those that join in the cause, I'll make a donation to the Susan G. Komen Foundation and American Cancer Society.  I hope that others follow in the foosteps for such a worthy cause.

Hey Mar, lovely idea, much appreciated!

I've posed the question to Ash as to whether the devs could design a new t-shirt print featuring the pink ribbon - so fingers crossed.

Bec

For the guys too I hope.  We can choose pink clothes but not pink hair.   It would be good if we can wear the pink ribbon on a t-shirt too.

I will also be joining this cause and have been encouraging my friends to do the same. Cancer has affected my family very recently.

Now known as SayaX in game so you will see me with pink hair  :)

Hi all, thanks for the huge amount of support I've had here and in-game regarding my call for everyone to don pink in October to mark Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

I've had a couple of questions about how going pink can help save people's lives. So, here's the answer:

Wearing pink or dyeing hair pink, in 3dx or in real life, raises people's awareness of this terrible disease. The more people who are made aware, who have the notion of getting sick, the more will carry out simple self-checks on their breasts or attend cancer screening if they are eligible. The more will encourage family members and friends to do the same. The more will drop some spare change into the nearest collection tin, run a race to raise sponsorship or make a donation to cancer charities.

The more people who are made aware, the more people who will care.

Someone from Denmark pointed out that the public profile of breast cancer is already high and 'everyone already knows'. Well sorry Denmark, but you have the 7th highest incidence rate in Europe and the 3rd highest mortality rate.

Still, even now, something isn't working, but with early detection and diagnosis, lives can be saved.

So, join me and go pink for October, whether it's your hair, your clothes, bangles or rooms.

Let's all bridge the geographical and religious boundaries to show solidarity to defeating cancer in all its evil forms.

Much love...

xxx