3DXChat Community

BBC Documentary - The Virtual Reality Virgin

Gizmo

Leqoq6z.jpg

tumblr_ntldbvIUbb1twvzgwo1_500.png
The BBC in the UK are working on a documentary about sex and technology and how advances in technology are making virtual worlds far more immersive. We are particularly interested in exploring the formation of relationships within games like 3DXChat.

We would like to speak to couples whose relationships began in the virtual world and have now moved into the real world. We would also like to speak to couples who are together in the game and considering meeting in real life, as well as individuals in relationships on 3DXChat who are happy keeping their relationships purely virtual.

All information shared will be treated confidentially and with the utmost respect - we are not here to expose or judge! We want to feature real stories to educate viewers. We really believe more and more people will be using games like 3DXChat each year as technology advances. We want users from all walks of life to share their stories so viewers can gain a true insight into these communities, and show they have the power to generate immersive, authentic relationships which in some cases can even lead to relationships in the real world.

UPDATE
The documentary is called "The Virtual Reality Virgin" and it's available here
Big thanks to DeAngelo for participation  B)

UPDATE 2
Watch the documentary film here:

My wife and I met in the virtual community and the love and connection that we found brought us together as one.  We are living as one and our wedding date has been planned....She has been MrsDEW since we met and soon you will be the real MrsDEW ( my real initials)

I'm worried this documentary will make things look bad

Which is perfeclty understandable, I have little notion about the BBC reporting procedures but with them as the driving force behind this topic, one would assume or expect an article that will comment on such fascinating psychological points and it's various aspects with depths and an unbiased view, from my own experiences over the years, I find this a topic rich of aspects and multifarious layers to address.

For which a cursorily report wouldn't be respectful to the fairy tales that sprang to light on here nor to the reputation of the virtual world per se, I would appreciate a very mindful and delicate take on this matter, assuring myself that the editor's brimming enthusiasm that happened to slip her source on first glance will be met with an open mind :).

Else I am confident we could issue a petition or opposing perspective in next to no time!

PS : Yes I am very passionate and intrigued by the topic "Virtual Relationships" in it's entirety :wub:.

Hi guys,

I'm Hannah from the BBC. I just wanted to respond to your comments to try and alleviate your concerns. 

I completely understand your reservations and just want to assure you that the purpose of this documentary is not to sensationalize or present an inaccurate representation of games like 3DXChat. It is not an exposé either. The programme as a whole is an exploration of sex and technology and a look at different ways the two are in conjunction. Virtual relationships within games like 3DXChat are only a small part of the programme and a really nice example of how immersive technology is becoming, so much so that it allows you to establish meaningful relationships that are so significant that they can even move into the real world  - these stories give a human aspect to a technology based programme and make it more relatable for viewers.

All I can give you is my word that we are not here to paint this game and this community in a bad light. We know that usage of these games is really common and is only going to increase, and are really motivated to make an honest, non-judgemental and unbiased programme which shares people's stories in a truthful and respectful way.

I hope this alleviates your concerns, but feel free to contact me if you have any further query's.

Best wishes,

Hannah

Which is perfeclty understandable, I have little notion about the BBC reporting procedures but with them as the driving force behind this topic, one would assume or expect an article that will comment on such fascinating psychological points and it's various aspects with depths and an unbiased view, from my own experiences over the years, I find this a topic rich of aspects and multifarious layers to address.

For which a cursorily report wouldn't be respectful to the fairy tales that sprang to light on here nor to the reputation of the virtual world per se, I would appreciate a very mindful and delicate take on this matter, assuring myself that the editor's brimming enthusiasm that happened to slip her source on first glance will be met with an open mind :).

Else I am confident we could issue a petition or opposing perspective in next to no time!

PS : Yes I am very passionate and intrigued by the topic "Virtual Relationships" in it's entirety :wub:.

I'm worried this documentary will make things look bad

I mean't to quote your comments in my above response!

Please everyone, let keep this thread on topic and keep the posts respectful.

It not everyday that our little community have guests and let try to keep it open and friendly.

I wish the best for this documentary and I will be the first to be curious about the end result.

One last thing, I can guess all the joke a lot of people are dying to make, please refrain from posting them. We got other topics dedicated for jokes that are more suited for it.

Thank you for your understanding.

There are lots of reasons why I find myself here.  I have made great friends and the people I meet see me as I feel I truly am.  Will I ever find someone through this medium that will move into real life?  I suppose it's possible.  I applaud BBC for being brave and attempting to explore this faucet of human interaction.  I agree with some of the concerns, as many will believe this place and others like it are only about sex.  I am not here for sex only, but to find some acceptance, and with it hope.  Kisses.

There are lots of reasons why I find myself here.  I have made great friends and the people I meet see me as I feel I truly am.  Will I ever find someone through this medium that will move into real life?  I suppose it's possible.  I applaud BBC for being brave and attempting to explore this faucet of human interaction.  I agree with some of the concerns, as many will believe this place and others like it are only about sex.  I am not here for sex only, but to find some acceptance, and with it hope.  Kisses.

16765103nh.gif

And im back from london now and i smell like airplane now... Anyhow. The interview was a sucess and im sorry for harrashing you people yesterday on the beach..... Me and the face of the show went a little bonkers and did some stupid stuff ;) sorry for all the jizz.. ahm.

But the interview was a huge sucess and i hope you will watch it when it comes out in 2-3 months. 

AND i want to thank Hannah, Tyger, Marc and ben for making this happen! :D It was a true journey and i hope we will meet again someday.

P.S. Stop DRIVING ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!

We did discuss alot about what you just mentioned here. about how people interact in the game and how it can feel almost real sometimes.

Trust me i told them about it all, That its not only about sex (even if that was the first thing that got to mind when i joined). Sex is usually just a biproduct that is there if we are looking for it.

It was great and i hope i got the message out there and i hope you look forward to the documentary releasing soon

f3a61654601a10faa74a94c34e5db76878e48ce0

yeah cool, someone pls just "shout" when its done
and let us know when "its out" thx

200_s.gif

mietz

and 4 your 2 yt vids in ur sig m.d.friend.angelo...next time ingame we meet ->

blood.gif

try to avoid through a quick duck n sidestep,
my heavy, not sharp at all

ninja_scroll_3.jpg

blood.gif

rusty and big ninja sword