3DXChat Community

World Chat HTML Spam

Goose

Add censoring to sexual words too, because people feel offended and they don`t want to read insults, sexual words or bad words, how about that idea being added too?

because at this time, Cussing isnt against the rules, Spamming is. 

Add censoring to sexual words too, because people feel offended and they don`t want to read insults, sexual words or bad words, how about that idea being added too?

Hey instead of making a sarcastic remark, give us your opinion and reasoning on why you disagree. Join the discussion.. we want to hear from both sides.

Disagree at all!  I just use ingore button, we have such instrument, so why devs must restrict chat, who don't want to see any collored spamms just ingore peoples - and PROFFIT. (have about 40 spammers in my spam list)

Exactly, some people are so lazy to do a finger right click then left click.

Guest marianaclarke

Exactly, some people are so lazy to do a finger right click then left click.

Disagree at all!  I just use ingore button, we have such instrument, so why devs must restrict chat, who don't want to see any collored spamms just ingore peoples - and PROFFIT. (have about 40 spammers in my spam list)

My thought WE shouldn't have to have a massive ignore list because people don't know how to have respect.  They're drawing bad attention to them. One person yesterday was posting for a room that was friends only yet wanted anyone to come but they had to send them a friend request.

I mean seriously, does one really need to post every two minutes on World to get people to come to their room.  I have the link for the screenshots I've taken.  All I did was try to help people from getting reported and banned by asking to be easy with it.  Some don't care.  I'd rather old invite system be back then have to have World filled with ignorant people who can't respect the rules.  In my opinion, you want to spam, you deserve to get whatever the team feels is appropriate. 

I'm going to make this clear, I didn't complain, many others have that's why this was started in the first place.  I was just asking to not post as much, a simple request but hey I've been called names and really don't care, just know I follow the rules, I don't spam nor do I ask anyone else to spam for me.  When I see people going on attack because they're simply being asked to be respectful, well it reminds me of Elementary and High School, something I've been out of a long time and don't feel the need to go back to.  You want to behave like you're back there go right ahead.  I should just do what the rest of the ones are doing that ACTUALLY complained, we may see less of the spam if more are warned about it.

Guest ToxicallySweet

If they brought the Invite system back they should have it where you can choose not to receive them. Kinda like you can turn off the world, local and rp chat blinking green. But I still feel that wouldn't stop the spamming bc ppl won't use their gold for it and rather blast world with it. I'm hopeful something solves it and I know I've sent out spam for friends rooms before but stopped bc I noticed its annoying.

If they brought the Invite system back they should have it where you can choose not to receive them. Kinda like you can turn off the world, local and rp chat blinking green. But I still feel that wouldn't stop the spamming bc ppl won't use their gold for it and rather blast world with it. I'm hopeful something solves it and I know I've sent out spam for friends rooms before but stopped bc I noticed its annoying.

That is a good suggestion but if people are all turning it off, due to it being annoying, people will see no one is going to their room and they are wasting xGold and may resort to World Chat again, so it's a viscous circle really.

Hi everyone,

I hope my information could be of some use to this topic, seeing as how I've been playing the game for just a little under a month. Please bear with me.

The one thing I've found incredibly useful, when I play, is to set my chat settings according to what I'd like to do. My World Chat Notification sound is turned off. I don't talk on world, so, I don't see the reason why I should have an audible reminder of that, every time someone posts something. Maybe setting your sound notifications on certain chats could help aleviate the monotony of, audible ping? Again, my World notification is off, my Local chat is set to sound 1, my Role Play sound is set to 2, and my PM's and Group chats are set to 3.

That way, I know which window is active in conversation.

I find the RolePlay window extremely fun to use, when I use it correctly. Some players do enjoy the "virtual thrill" of posting something on Local or World chat, to feel a greater sense of voyeursim or exhibitionism in what they're currently engaged in, but the thrill, quickly goes away. Players who find it a constant delivery system for their thoughts, should be educated to taking their conversations to a private chat, or group chat, allowing willing participants to still engage in a thought of participating in public acts, while keeping their thoughts in private.

I know I've been guilty of accidentaly posting my sexual storyline by mistake on World or Local chat, but it's through those mistakes that I am now more aware of what window I'm currently on. Again, changing the audio notifications too, let's me know what window I'm on.

I hope the HTML continues on chat- across all windows available, if possible. Restricting the size, color, italic and bold options now, will severely cripple those of us who enjoy discovering new uses in which to implement those said HTML tags during our "story time", for the lack of a better term.  Aything larger than size 25, for example, is too large to express even the loudest of words, particular to perhaps, a character yelling in a story.

Some websites offer copy and paste HTML designs, which I see from time to time on World chat. Those who use that particular method, should steer away from that. Take the time to learn your HTML tags. It's fun!

I've opened up my room to everyone with no problems of having to advertise, or spam that my room is open. It is untimately the choice of the player to stay and play, or just simply leave.

Those who advertise their rooms on a constant basis, need to be educated that adverstising once, should be more than enough to gain the interest of people to visit. Adding more tabs could potentially bog down your chat windows. Now, you'll have to contend with yet another tab, perhaps uselessly staring you in the face, that you'll perhaps have to assign another audible warning tone to. You'll eventually run into the problem of the tab itself, no longer being used, at all.

Again, these are just a few things I've been able to customise in game, with options that are available to you as well that perhaps too, could help some of you deal with the bings and pings of things.

What I read from all the replies on this particular thread (and they are all incredibly valid in their own right mind you), sounds like, most people in game, are in need of a little more education about how the game chat mechanics work, how world, local and role play windows should be used, how adverstisements should be used (if you need to advertise at all), and learning HTML tags, rather than just copy and paste.

It's nothing that hasn't already been written, I understand that. Let's educate and make the game enjoyable for everyone, not just for a select few, don't you think?

Thats all well and good if you live in a Utopian world but sadly we dont.  Your post kind of reminds me of Dolls thread about being nice to each other, While in theory its wonderful its just never going to happen. Some people will abuse features until they are forced to stop sadly. Perfect example is what has went on in WC lately. The spammers are butt hurt we are even discussing this and doing it more. Although we should prob thank them, They are cutting off there face in spite of there nose. 

Guest Twiggy

6 pages on this , wow.

For something that is really just an annoyance at best.

From memory there was some discussions about the old invite system before it was taken away.

I don't think anyone actually said they wanted it removed completely and mention of timers were suggested.

So my suggestion is, bring back the old system, put a timer on it, take away that sound that used to be with it and also have it so when you are partnered at least, you then don't receive them.

A better way would be to have it so when you are in a private room somewhere you can turn them off.

I understand that if people could turn them off anywhere then the same problem with world chat will persist as many will just have it turned off all the time and although I think that would be a good idea, it doesn't seem to be acceptable..

But we need to have it so when in private or at least doing something in private where we don't want any interruptions, it can be turned off.

Also I would love to see the same thing applied to pms, where we can turn them off, at least when in private rooms.

Twiggy said...

I don't think anyone actually said they wanted it removed completely

That's my impression too. It just seems that the developers decided to take the easy way out and, rather than improve it or come up with a better alternative, they just cut it out altogether.

Bring it back, with Twiggy's suggested mods. 
I'll just add, as I've mentioned before, overlay the invites, rather than display an icon for each, and make the icon smaller.

SeriousLee, it`s time to train your fingers on the super ultimate secret technique called "Ignore Button!" that ignores the people that you don`t want to see their chat or them or their avatars which would save the time and the pages of posts and other things as well, it`s simply the best option 3dx!

Nothing wrong with having a massive ignorelist it`s nearly no difference to having massive of friends in list that you can hardly remember half of them while the rest remain inactive.

because at this time, Cussing isnt against the rules

Where you got your information that insulting is not against the rules? do you think most of the people here would subscribe to join a game and get insulted? I know it`s a sexual game and all, but some people including me are against being called names and insulted.

Guest marianaclarke

SeriousLee, it`s time to train your fingers on the super ultimate secret technique called "Ignore Button!" that ignores the people that you don`t want to see their chat or them or their avatars which would save the time and the pages of posts and other things as well, it`s simply the best option 3dx!

Nothing wrong with having a massive ignorelist it`s nearly no difference to having massive of friends in list that you can hardly remember half of them while the rest remain inactive.

Where you got your information that insulting is not against the rules? do you think most of the people here would subscribe to join a game and get insulted? I know it`s a sexual game and all, but some people including me are against being called names and insulted.

I have been insulted for asking people to go easy on posting so much in such a short time period.  I've been called a bitch, amongst other things.  Why because all I did was ask, I wasn't the one complaining.  A long ignore list shouldn't be required to be on the game to avoid those who choose to ignore the rules you clearly agree to when you join.

If you look at my link for the screenshots, I wasn't even saying anything and my name was brought up today to start of a new conversation about this.  There is no reason for me to be insulted or accused of anything that I didn't do.  I was being polite instead of being nasty or vulgar as it's been done to me.

some of us are also against gunplay, etc. but nobody is crying about it

and you are championing the ignore button yet are complaining about getting insulted... well USE IT

I am going to break this down for you and the others. lets be honest, the only reason you are telling people they should just ignore is because your friends break the spam rule on a daily basis. if they didn't you wouldn't give two shits. I am against massive changes btw, I think the people who do it should be banned temp to be honest if they continue to do it as Achilles suggested.  BUT i really dont see the need to keep the massive sized fonts. what good is it ??? if someone can answer that intelligently i would appreciate it

In closing if they decided not to enforce the existing rule i would just block people who spam. So i guess we shall see.

Ive pretty much said everything i am going to say in this thread. I have not heard one person give me a legit reason as to why spamming is ok to do. From this point forward i will just report it every time i see it. have a nice evening.

@Mar: I didn`t aim my reply at you at all, I`m just saying that doing changes to the codes can even break some art people do in their profiles I do agree some are over abusing it, but the solution is already there and people don`t want to use a simple clicks, I been called with names and insults as well, but well I can`t stand people who do it and they just go into my ignore list for eternity, Aka (sniped xD).

some of us are also against gunplay.

Some.  ;)

and you are championing the ignore button yet are complaining about getting insulted... well USE IT

Nope, I get insulted/called by names, I ignorelist, problem solved.

I am going to break this down for you and the others. lets be honest, the only reason you are telling people they should just ignore is because your friends break the spam rule on a daily basis. if they didn't you wouldn't give two shits. I am against massive changes btw, I think the people who do it should be banned temp to be honest if they continue to do it as Achilles suggested.  BUT i really dont see the need to keep the massive sized fonts. what good is it ??? if someone can answer that intelligently i would appreciate it

Well, not really taking sides, but the solution is already there, ignorelist who bothers you and day goes on.

I will respond to this, then shut up. I can respect your view on it, i really can. And you are right i and others could just block everyone who does it but why should i have to when its blatantly breaking a rule and a few are going to ruin it for the many.  To take a stance such as yours is kind of like blaming a bank who has been robbed because they didnt close earlier in the day

Well, technicly speaking with the system we got now, only the game admin can judge really if a rule being broken. 

There really only two options availables for player, you can either block the person that seen to break a rule or report that player to the admin with screenshot using the report system built into the game or both.

There no way to know right now how much messages per minute is needed to be consider spam by the administration. 

As much as the in-game goes, no one can really say how much is needed to actually break a rule or how much of a offense it is. For some the offensewill be something minor and for the person the offense annoye the most it is consider much more grave.

We can always discuss, argue about how acceptable a behavior is as a community and even send the administration idea and lobby for change. It is one of the strenght of a community to been able to get involve to a certain degree. But as thing are now, you can really just report the behavior to the admin with proof and let the admin decide if a rule were broken or not and how grave the offense is actually. 

As it come to World Chat spamming, I must admit that pretty much only the oversized font that annoyed me. I can read alright on regular size font, I am not blind yet. 

Guest Twiggy

Skar that is perhaps hitting on something more than anything else that has been posted in this thread.

The rules on not only this but many other things are very vague and open to interpretation.

A lot of the arguments could perhaps be prevented by simply making the rules more clear.

ie..  

Room advertising.

1) intervals between advertising must be no less than 15 minutes.

2) Font size in advertising must be no larger than .....

yes some may still do it, but from what i have seen in this post it looks like most of the differences are from peoples interpretation of spamming.

Guest marianaclarke

Skar that is perhaps hitting on something more than anything else that has been posted in this thread.

The rules on not only this but many other things are very vague and open to interpretation.

A lot of the arguments could perhaps be prevented by simply making the rules more clear.

ie..  

Room advertising.

1) intervals between advertising must be no less than 15 minutes.

2) Font size in advertising must be no larger than .....

yes some may still do it, but from what i have seen in this post it looks like most of the differences are from peoples interpretation of spamming.

I can tell you I was posting the following into World and people were for the most part listening when I stated that I didn't want to see anyone reported for spamming as it was at least sensible for people to follow and wouldn't have their post twice or more within the World Chat box while fully stretched.  Until a few days ago, then I was called a bitch, jealous over a marriage, a drama queen, I was the boss, I was the rules and my rules needed to be followed, that I set a font size, which I did none of the above.  When people have to resort to name calling because they apparently don't have any respect for the rules, let alone the people asking them to go easy.  It's amazing that simply asking to stop spamming so much as turned into such a mess.

This is what I was posting:

Easy with the spamming of rooms. Please wait at least 20 minutes between for the chat to be used by others.  If someone else posts and you do, it's still spamming.  Please and thank you.

A simple break down:

People don't mind the HTML coding being used, it's the excessive you of it and massive fonts being done within a close time period.  I have so many screenshots from this taking place to let people see and those who claim they're not spamming World.can easily see what is going on and understand why people - NOT ME- have been complaining in the first place.

When the invite system was first removed it wasn't as bad, it's now getting to be excessive, You have new people coming and they admitted it, one even stated had 70 new friends because of having their parties, well this isn't a popularity contest.  One person who I was friends with removed me, last night when I seen his comment and others, I thought well this is now on a child's level and we're supposed to be adults.

To the Devs, my suggestion is to put a limit on the character size within the chats, the amount of time between posts so that it is clear to all.  Should they violate it and reported, you take the appropriate action.

Guest Twiggy

Marian I am so sorry that happened to you, i know exactly how that feels, getting called names when you are only trying to help.

I could go on about how respect and things like that seem to have gone out the window in 3DX lately, not just with what is going on in world chat but lots of things.

I could put in an opinion of why I feel a lot of it is happening, but then I would just be called names and treated like crap again and likely end up with another thread being closed.

I would really not recommand posting screenshot on the forum with avatar name and such. Those should be sent to the administration. 

Screenshot about possible infraction shouldn't be posted on the forum as it can be taken out of context.

Sure it might be done to prove a point, but most of the time I have seen it going wrong. Calling out people rarely solve everything beside getting the situation worst. 

Only the admin can do anything about a player misbehavior when it come to in-game. Exposing those kind of behavior will just result in more drama that there is already. 

Thank you. 

Guest marianaclarke

I would really not recommand posting screenshot on the forum with avatar name and such. Those should be sent to the administration. 

Screenshot about possible infraction shouldn't be posted on the forum as it can be taken out of context.

Sure it might be done to prove a point, but most of the time I have seen it going wrong. Calling out people rarely solve everything beside getting the situation worst. 

Only the admin can do anything about a player misbehavior when it come to in-game. Exposing those kind of behavior will just result in more drama that there is already. 

Thank you. 

Removed.  I'll send it the Admin, but they only seem to read things as I've noticed.