3DXChat Community

World Chat HTML Spam

Goose

2.04. Spamming messages is prohibited in chats. This also includes excessive use of caps.

I know and agree, but the problem isn't the function :)

Also I think a remove of the function should not be the solution!

We have also this rule:

2.08. Discussion on or linking to game cheats, game hacks, Trojan horses, or malicious programs is prohibited. If you suspect that a cheat or hack exists, provide the necessary information to technical support.

And we have a lot members where support the wish for remove HTML from public chats because this kind of spam disruptive for someone's eyes is.

For my eyes is it also disruptive see members like a paint Bucket... And before we discuss about a remove of HTML we should discuss about a block of an external Colour Editor for Avatars...

Please don't understand me wrong! I say always "live and let live" I have no problem with members like a paint Bucket, I can it ignore...

Of course are the too large and again and again Spams very disturbing but the reason are not the function the reason are the members with this abuse behaviour.

We have also this rule:

2.08. Discussion on or linking to game cheats, game hacks, Trojan horses, or malicious programs is prohibited. If you suspect that a cheat or hack exists, provide the necessary information to technical support.

And we have a lot members where support the wish for remove HTML from public chats because this kind of spam disruptive for someone's eyes is.

For my eyes is it also disruptive see members like a paint Bucket... And before we discuss about a remove of HTML we should discuss about a block of an external Colour Editor for Avatars...

That rule mentions the discussion or linking of game 'hacks'. Nowhere does it say you cannot actually use the 'hacks' ("paint buckets"). It's within the rules to use it, but not to talk about it. And it has been posted by the devs they are planning on adding a color wheel for clothing in the future anyways.

Achilles first of all I want to say I know full well that you're a good guy with good intentions. It's just a bit ironic to me that you're a forum mod who is here to uphold the rules of the forums-- yet you disagree that people should have to follow existing rules in-game. 

If you disagree with me, that's fine and I'm never going to tell anyone they're wrong. We just have opposing views.

There is no other way to advertise party rooms if you are not on forum. Spam can always be reported as such. You have trolls who abuse the function. You have those trying to get their room count up abusing the function. Then you have those who will advert the countdown, say an hour before, then when it kicks off and again as a reminder. I see nothing wrong with that as people may log on as the party progresses. What I do not like is the caps and the extra large letters repeatedly and the same message over and over one after the other.

So why should some who use the function correctly be punished for the few who do not? I agree with someone who said putting a cap on size, the reason being too large of a size can move messages from the chat box. We asked for invites to go away leaving only this option. So do we want those back?

That rule mentions the discussion or linking of game 'hacks'. Nowhere does it say you cannot actually use the hacks ("paint buckets"). It's within the rules to use it, but not to talk about it. And it has been posted by the devs they are planning on adding a color wheel for clothing in the future anyways. So you have that to look forward to.. haha. 

Achilles first off I want to say I know you're a good guy with good intentions. It's just a bit ironic to me that you're a forum mod who is here to uphold the rules of the forums-- yet you disagree that people should have to follow rules in-game. 

If you disagree with me, that's fine and I'm never going to tell anyone they're wrong. We just have opposing views.

Where is it mentioned or implied that the rules should not be followed? In the provided example, it states if you suspect that a hack exists report it. That would mean reporting seeing it, therefore the person using it would be bending the rules. Which have been acceptable, thought changed through fixes but the color hacks remain because there is no palette for the users. 

It is simple, spamming is prohibited. Maybe the rule needs clarified as to what that means. Maybe it needs to read excessive use of spam versus the use of. So maybe this is acceptable, for now until there are improvements in place. As there is no way to advertise events for those not on forum. Additionally, the game itself would want to have people using the rooms and having events, it helps as part of their advertising 3DX as the place to be. I never check public rooms. I look at the public locations and friend locations and with the way they are organized, if a birthday party was going on, for example, I may not know about it unless it is in WC or LC. I don't know, maybe they need an "Events" tab but we see what happened with the role play tab so who knows.

Guest marianaclarke

I know and agree, but the problem isn't the function :)

Also I think a remove of the function should not be the solution!

We have also this rule:

Please don't understand me wrong! I say always "live and let live" I have no problem with members like a paint Bucket, I can it ignore...

Of course are the too large and again and again Spams very disturbing but the reason are not the function the reason are the members with this abuse behaviour.

The only way to do that is to make sure you cover all functions of coding and that can be countless.  Put a limit on character size might be a better suggestion so the posts aren't so big even if a range of colors.

I understand that people want to announce their rooms but at the same time, you have excessive postings, if you want more examples, I can get the for you.  This is the issue people seem to have, you may have two or three people posting the same thing for a room then you have other rooms doing the same thing, you fill up World with room advertisements that you can't read the actual chats taking place.

Most just want a break in between the postings so they can actually use the World Chat for chatting.  I've wrote in the World Chat for people to go easy on the spamming of rooms and wait 20 minutes in between so that way the chat is used for both with no one getting upset over it.  So far it's been keeping an even level so that's good.  It's better to have a few postings then a good bit of them all at once, over and over again.

Where is it mentioned or implied that the rules should not be followed?

Well, I could have worded that a bit better but it was in regards to the increase of spam due to HTML after the removal of mass invites. And that it is an attributing cause, but not necessarily the sole reason for it. If I created a game and notice that a change I made caused people to break certain rules more often, I would modify those changes. And if I moderated a forum of that game, I would want what's best for the game in terms of people following rules to create a positive environment for everyone. I wasn't trying to put words in his mouth.

Also let's not try to get sidetracked here, I don't like red herrings. "If you suspect that a cheat or hack exists, provide the necessary information to technical support." They've never banned for 'hacking' sliders or colors. They're completely aware of it too. It's time to move on from this point as it's completely irrelevant. 

zoUsGUD.png

That rule mentions the discussion or linking of game 'hacks'. Nowhere does it say you cannot actually use the 'hacks' ("paint buckets"). It's within the rules to use it, but not to talk about it. And it has been posted by the devs they are planning on adding a color wheel for clothing in the future anyways.

You misunderstood this Rule :)

2.08. Discussion on or linking to game cheats , game hacks , Trojan horses , or malicious programs is prohibited. If you suspect that a cheat or hack exists, provide the necessary information to technical support.

Achilles first of all I want to say I know full well that you're a good guy with good intentions. It's just a bit ironic to me that you're a forum mod who is here to uphold the rules of the forums-- yet you disagree that people should have to follow existing rules in-game.

Of course, I want that the members follow the Rules in and outside of game but we should not support the one breaking of the rule more as break an other point of the rule.

The question of this discuss is not the functions it is the abuse behaviour of some members. If all members follow the rules is a discuss for an remove of the function not needed.

I don't support the Spam of the public chats any more as the using of an external colour Editor for Avatars, both is same disturbing. 

good thoughts, opinions, ideas, exeptions and stuff in here

but only overfly them quickly and have to read them all this beginning week again anway

before even commenting or dare even answering, lol, cause im just to fukn dead tiered now^^

giphy.gif

n8

and have a week

Well, I could have worded that a bit better but it was in regards to the increase of spam due to HTML after the removal of mass invites. And that it is an attributing cause, but not necessarily the sole reason for it. If I created a game and notice that a change I made caused people to break certain rules more often, I would modify those changes. And if I moderated a forum of that game, I would want what's best for the game in terms of people following rules to create a positive environment for everyone. I wasn't trying to put words in his mouth.

Also let's not try to get sidetracked here, I don't like red herrings. "If you suspect that a cheat or hack exists, provide the necessary information to technical support." They've never banned for 'hacking' sliders or colors. They're completely aware of it too. It's time to move on from this point as it's completely irrelevant. 

zoUsGUD.png

I guess the only thing that can be done is flood the devs with reports of the spamming. Since it does actually break the rules.

Also, this is a watermark moment so to speak. This is what happens to EVERY thread, people try to take it in another direction so it gets deleted or whatever. 

zoUsGUD.png

Not trying to sidetrack goose, just clarifying the rule which is why I quoted you. An example was given as a way to say if one rule is broken and no one says anything about the other, you have to consider the fairness of that. The point that I was making is that those hacks are allowed because of the lack of a palette. An example is the body size hack that the devs did eliminate and fixed somewhat by increasing the breast size slider. That could be the same reason for advertising being allowed in world, because there is not currently a way to do that for all players. So maybe they will fix this problem too as you suggested you would do but until that happens, honestly, I only see ignore being an option.

Also, this is a watermark moment so to speak. This is what happens to EVERY thread, people try to take it in another direction so it gets deleted or whatever. 

I don't think this thread has become that. We have all seen examples that are far worse and deliberate. Examples are used to clarify points at times not to derail a topic.

I do not think this topic has been derailed. I think people have posted opinions in a manner that has not been argumentative or flaming to get the thread rem

I completely understand why it was brought up Camden, I hear you loud and clear.

My goal by making this thread was to create a discussion for a proper solution to fix HTML spam in world chat, but debating over how other rules are handled is counter-intuitive (in this specific instance) and not helpful to solving the topic at hand: World Chat HTML spam. I know you are aware of this, I'm just stating this for the record for everyone else reading so we can move on and refocus.

Though I will say I do appreciate everyone's input thus far and our ability to keep this thread civil.

I will say people should be able to advertise the rooms. Its just the size of them is getting out of hand. I dont know enough about it to say if its doable to limit that but i also know that just because one rule isnt followed i hardly see that as a reason for another not to be. 

Hello, as always my thoughts on the topic are as follows (with quotes this time!)

Why we should remove good and nice functions?

Is it the mistake of the game if some members abuse this functions? I don't think so...

The most members use this functions with respect and not always and for the members who abuse this functions and spam again and again the Chat with too large messages should the Ignore functions work very well for all. :)

What's next, chat limit for members who chat on public chats? :rolleyes:

First of all i don't even consider it a good or nice function, i just find it annoying and unnesseccary since i find using words are quite enough for me to express my points or feelings no need for color or text sizes, but of course it is not that big of a deal that i couldn't live with it. Anyway if there would be an option to turn it off and just see it as plain ol text and let the other people enjoy their colors at the same time it would be great and would solve most of this topic.

Second part is the advertisement, somekind of advertisement system would be nice say a side scrolling lien at the bottom or top, you pay 500gold you get your advertisement there for an hour or something (should be optional afcourse) 

Or something else that would prevent peopel who donl;t want to see any advertisements from seeing them (altho i don't mind advertisements at all i just dislike the over use of not matching colors and fonts that makes my eyes hurt)

In summary, A diferent way to advertise would be nice. And i would lvoe the option to turn the html code off and just see it as plain text instead id one so desires.

Best,
Dande.

I've already voiced my opinion on this. I don't do it myself and I have no particular fear or loathing of those that do.

However, when does posting become spam? Goose's screen displays only demonstrate that the same thing has been posted more than once. There are no time stamps on there. They could have been half an hour apart. Yes, I agree the Sexyboyy double post is over the top but, then again, perhaps there was a system problem (and believe me, there are many times that happens) that made him not realise that the first message had actually gone through so he re-sent it. 

I've already voiced my opinion on this. I don't do it myself and I have no particular fear or loathing of those that do.

However, when does posting become spam? Goose's screen displays only demonstrate that the same thing has been posted more than once. There are no time stamps on there. They could have been half an hour apart. Yes, I agree the Sexyboyy double post is over the top but, then again, perhaps there was a system problem (and believe me, there are many times that happens) that made him not realise that the first message had actually gone through so he re-sent it. 

I am not going to name names because its against the rules but the double posting crap happens ALL the time.  if it was just something that happened once in a while i might agree with you but over and over isnt an accident 

here is what usually happens....  Player A will spam, Player B will ask player A to tone it down. Then Player A gets butthurt and starts spamming more.  Keep in mind i am not singling anyone out. Many do it. Not just one person.  Another thing is dueling rooms who try to out spam each other.

Nobody is saying people shouldnt be able to advertise rooms, For the 100th time, The issue is excessive postings and/or the massive size fonts . 

Second part is the advertisement, somekind of advertisement system would be nice say a side scrolling lien at the bottom or top, you pay 500gold you get your advertisement there for an hour or something (should be optional afcourse) 

Or something else that would prevent peopel who donl;t want to see any advertisements from seeing them (altho i don't mind advertisements at all i just dislike the over use of not matching colors and fonts that makes my eyes hurt)

Public invites were a menace but now they haven't gone away just moved to world chat. I suggest that this is at least nearly as annoying. When I see a message in world in screen filling red text I sometimes think this is worse or at least it hasn't fixed the problem.

What I would have preferred would be to keep the messages but allow players options of how and where to see them and to add things like the ability to auto ignore based on your settings. In private? Having sex? Auto ignore on. Also put time limits on users.

image.png

A good compromise would be to remove the size HTML and to let the color HTML . I think peoples would advertise for their room better with just caps lock and a color of their choices in place of a color and letters that take all the chat . :)

1530301_10151814520316681_109981439_n.jp

for the beginning that would be a very good idea 4 wc chat leeloo *claps* and if ppl only would advirtise then in a decent way n timeperiod  for their rooms like 3-4 times an hour max ~ once every 15/20mins then that also would be fine®!! but what if a lot of rooms and events are running at the same moment!?!? it still could get like ac|dc once sung - 'a touch to much'

for some ppl on some days!! for the future, i still think an extra [advert] tab in the chat, or side scrolling line at the bottom or top and ofc as links in the profil gui [events] like twiggy wrote, would suit it best for stufff like this and together with that: why not bring back also the "old invite system", BUT ONLY IN A OTHER -> NEW more discreet and better way like epi, jana, dande and others already wrote, so ppl dont get bothered by it and still all ppl online get the infos?!? i mean, it really sucked the old way as it was and good they removed it, but why didnt they just change it to something more acceptable that doenst bother one tu much?! well, mabye they romoved it so that we stop complaining and are reworkn it!? i hope so, but who knows? hmm, maybe community manager ash^^-> *shouts*

have a nice summer, day n week

*Hears his name being shouted*

You called? Hehe. ^

emoticon-giving-a-kiss-on-the-cheek.png

dont know if to even ask in here and juts like this, lol, but once u heared me calling up there laughing like hell now and thx 4 ur fast reply bro, but do u know about any plans, if there will be an simular invite system to promote user rooms like we had beeinig transfered into the new gui but in a more acceptable and descreet way to be presented and ofc as always to pleasure everyone, in an optional way to turn on and off? thx 4 reading and hey, i can understand if u cant or wont answer in here to this now, otherwise it maybe will become a cind of new sport here in the forum for asking ash about future developments in every topic^^

anyway, cyas and take care ash

emoticon-giving-a-kiss-on-the-cheek.png

dont know if to even ask in here and juts like this, lol, but once u heared me calling laughing like hell now and thx 4 ur fast reply bro, but do u know about any planes, if there will be an simular invite system like we had beeinig trabsfered into the new gui but in a more acceptable and descreet way to be presented and ofc as always to pleasure everyone, in ab optional way to turn on and off? thx 4 reading and hey, i can understand if u cant or wont answer in heree now on this one, otherwise it maybe will become a cind of new sport here in the forum for asking ash about future developments^^

anyway, cyas and take care ash

I can say there is no new invite system being put in place at this time that I know of, but I can look into seeing if we can change the HTML mechanics to limit some of them particularly the <size> </size> one, will need to look into it, I have been reading this thread the past couple days, keeping track on it, taking in your suggestions and seeing if I can come to a middle ground. :)

Hi all, as one of the offending parties (or party hosts, specifically) I should chime in.

And for the record here, there is no butthurt involved. :P

Here is my goal for the announcements I make...I created my spot as a safe and fun chat zone. I like to let people know about it. Huge attendance numbers were never an issue for me (and with my layout, I don't really support big crowds anyway.) But I do try to advertise a couple of times whenever I decide to open my room. I'm not an HTML wonk so I'm only doing a few odd tricks to get a little attention, and I don't want to be a pest about it anyway. I know there are others that do some amazing and creative stuff with their code, but that it can be annoying. My only goal is to tell people my doors are open, c'mon by if you want and hang out. All of the other comments and points about popularity contests and so on doesn't mean diddly (and I don't mean Bo) to me. So if you restrict the code, or don't restrict the code, it ultimately doesn't matter...I will individually PM each and every friend I have when my doors open, if that's what it takes...that's what's important to me. For me, the place is the thing. For others, it might be different. I think there is a bigger issue here.

Here's the thing...I have been on about two months here. This place has boggled my mind sometimes, bruised my heart other times, and made me laugh my ass off pretty much every day I've been here. But the question that all of this discussion really raises for me is "What the hell is this place supposed to be?" If it's nothing but a sex game, then ignore the spam and go have a good shag. If it's a real community, then let the community police itself by having public opinion regulate the chat...ignore the bastards who over spam and don't visit their rooms (and yes, that means that if you think my 3 announcements to someone else's 15 announcements is just as great a crime, shun me too.) I am not anti rules by any means...I know that there are times when restrictions are necessary. But putting a creative chokehold on any of the chat channels is not going to change things...people will always find another way to get attention. And ultimately, if this place is important to everyone, then our power lies in telling the developers to get off their asses, hire more people or accept more user created content, and make the changes and fixes that matter to us (such as room control, better advertising, more chat features, and so on) instead of creating another lame porn-inspired pose. If they don't, we should vote with our wallets or walk away.

I've talked to folks recently about some of the other alternative places out there for this kind of game (Achat, RLC, Second Life, etc.) and how they all fall short in different ways. The potential of this game still blows me away, and what it really could be is amazing. So yes, the day to day annoyance of overblown HTML chat is a thing, and should not be brushed off, but I want to see the deeper issues addressed...why do people want to advertise their rooms in the first place? Why do they need to use big banners to get attention? How does a new person coming on know that there is a place they can go beyond the 5 static environments that come with the game, and they can see people do amazing and creative things with the limited tools available? I haven't read all of the forums, and I don't know how much the devs really listen to our feedback, but I hope they are getting some kind of clue that this place is growing beyond what they may have originally intended, and they're not just taking our money and laughing all the way to the bank.

/soapbox

I'm sorry if that was a round about way of saying I disagree about restrictions, and I want to see more and better ways to advertise for room runners. If my rant belongs in another thread, so be it, but I've been wanting to say all that for awhile. Thanks for indulging me.

Cheers,

Lazlo

I.. state your name.. (Hito) will not ever send another HTML message through Public chats ever and I Promise.

Wow after reading through this forum I feel guilty and wrong for the times I have done so. I apologize. You won't see my works of art again in world or public locals. And I will do my part to spread the word. Scouts honor sorry peeps