3DXChat Community

Things that could be added to the new Profile GUI

Guest Twiggy

I was not being ironic, I was giving valid examples of what could be a reality. :P

:huh::o ... But was a drastic example... Thank you, now I can't sleep like a baby in the nights!

I hope no one of the 3DX Killers will catch me :wacko: 

I think I should sleep in Paloma's bed she will save me nights :P:wub:

:huh::o ... But was a drastic example... Thank you, now I can't sleep like a baby in the nights!

I hope no one of the 3DX Killers will catch me :wacko:

I think I should sleep in Paloma's bed she will save me nights :P:wub:

:P

I thought that the big Achilles could protect us all, but surely I can protect your heel. :D:P

Twiggy came with some good ideas about the profile.

More integration would be nice but rough since it need a tight integration between the game and the forum. For some security concern it need to be done well.

About choosing if a avatars is RL or role play, it actually a measure I would support since it could clarified a few thing.

An argument I have seen often here is that you wouldn't get upset at an actor in a play. Well, yes, but when you go to a play, you know the actor gonna be playing. There no confusion possible. If an avatar is openly a role play avatars there would be no confusion possible like an actor in a play.

I think that RP is better if it done openly. I didn't change my opinion on that. But at the same time, think some people need to cut the RP players some slack.

This might be one of the most heated debate here and a lot really take this personal.

About a RL profile, well, it a nice idea but we will need to take into account that people can write what ever they want there and it there right.

Right now, requesting a player to give personal information is against the game rule and I don't think it about to change. People are free to give the informations they want and pretty much it.

As much as making two categories of avatar is a nice idea, it won't be a silver bullet.

People really just need to take into account that many players come for different reason and respect each other.

The players that can't respect and break rules need to be reported. Pretty much.

Guest Twiggy

Well said skar,

The idea of having the RolePlayer or real Life thing on the profile is to clarify something that has continued to pop up in these forums.

There has been people call RolePlayers liars and RolePlayers have understandably got upset with that.

I would like to think there are more genuine role players in here than not, but we all know that there are people doing things they shouldn't and hiding behind role play.

That is not only causing problems for people where they are being deceived, it is also causing problems for genuine role players where they feel they are being attacked.

The idea behind having these things on our profiles is that the ones that have convinced themselves they are not lieing, will at least have to admit to themselves they are.

Knowing a little about the psyche behind people doing what they know to be wrong, most have to find a way to excuse themselves for doing so, find a way where they can convince themselves they are not doing wrong.

If they cannot do that, then a good number of them will not do it.

This is all around the details section in our profiles.

When i started and 1st filled that in I believed I was meant to be stating my age and where I was from, I am sure that is how most will have seen that.

Am I now to believe that is to be where you put what your fantasy wants to be.

I think that is something that needs to be clarified by the devs as it has become apparent there are different views of what that section is for.

There are some that put nothing there, 99 as an age and mars as the location, to me that is fine, but if they are putting 22 when they are actually 60, then that is wrong.

The people putting 99 and mars are pretty much saying it is none of our business, the ones saying they 22 when they are actually 60 are just flat out lieing and wanting to deceive people, if they don't think it anyones business like they use to defend their right to do so, why would they just not put 99 and mars.

I guess what this is all about is getting a little respect for the ones in here that want the social and community side of the game to be a little more respected.

Yes I can understand there are people in here that are here just for the fantasy side of things, but at the moment they do not seem to be respecting there are people here for the social side of things as well.

If you have been following the posts on this you will have seen where they have said things like we do not belong here, if you want real life go find it in real life, pretty much told us to get out.

Is that what the devs want for this place, is it to be just a fantasy game and not really support the social network and community side of things that they have in their description of the game.

I think it is time this is clarified so we all know where we stand.

Forum integration would be great. It's a shame that so many people don't use it to keep in touch with what's going on around.

Also would be best if they implemented directly clickable links for that, instead of copy paste (for the chat as well).

The people putting 99 and mars are pretty much saying it is none of our business, the ones saying they 22 when they are actually 60 are just flat out lieing and wanting to deceive people, if they don't think it anyones business like they use to defend their right to do so, why would they just not put 99 and mars.

That depend for what reason ppl come here...it is for meeting ppl to catch love and get a real life relation ?,if does...  reason why it may be deceiving.

-----­> 3 major problems here

1. Roleplay confusing real life caracter

2. Type of Gender played by real life gender caracter M/F not mentioned in game profile ( Do I have to tell if i role play?)

3. Serious players mixed with Roleplay players on the same platform ( No one use roleplay menu as I do not also btw)

It's only what i noticed and my opinion ...sorry

Guest Twiggy

The forum integration would be great,it would open up so many things to players that would normally not know of without having got involved in the forums.

New players in particular often don't learn of the forums and events that have been posted on them and the loads of information that can help them get started in the game.

There is however a problem with opening up the forum in this way, I thought of things that both for and against doing so.

If we do open up the forum, and present it this way especially to new players, then it is very likely we will have lots more of the "Does anyone play as themselves" type posts being posted.

We all know what is going on, we all know that new players are being sucked in by players pretending to be something they are not.

When new players come in they create an avi mostly of the sex they are themselves and fill in the age and location of their real life selves, as that is what most feel it is for.

They then come into the game under the understanding that everyone else has done the same.

Sometimes, and none of us know how often but we all know does happen. they are taken advantage of and end up getting into something with someone pretending to be something they are not.

I have so many times in these forums where people say things like, well what they don't know what hurt them, I am not intentionally going out to hurt anyone, they have to learn to be careful, is up to them to tell who is who, I could go on for pages with excuses that have been given for people to do this.

In this thread and others that have been before it people continue to say we cannot take away the right of people to put anything they want on their profiles, it has also been mentioned that they should be reported.

Well report them for what, roleplaying, as it stands they are not breaking any rules of the game when they do this and that is the problem.

Why should it be they have a right to be able to put they are a 22 year old female form France, when they are a 60 year old male from the US when they know that people are going to think the person behind the keyboard is a 22 year old female.

If they want to do that and roleplay a 22 yearold female fine, but it needs to be shown they are roleplaying so innocent people are not being deceived.

If a rule is put in place where if they are not stating their real life sex and age and or location, then they should have to check a box so roleplayer is shown on their profiles. if they choose to not do so then it becomes a reportable matter if they use that to do something wrong.

As it stands it is not a reportable matter as they are not breaking any of the rules of the game, they are simply able to say they were roleplaying.

As it has been said in here, many that are doing this will still likely not check the box to have roleplayer appear on their profile, well if this is put in place and they cause a problem for someone, at least it will then be reportable.

It has been said in posts about this matter that nothing can be done, well that is BS, the truth is things can be done, the devs will just not do it.

Saying they have a right to put what ever they want in there is also BS, if they put they are a young female when actually they are an old man and use that to take advantage of another player then that is deception, and no one has the right to deceive.

Now it is likely with me saying all this that this thread like others before it will be wiped, that will just go further to proving to me that nothing will be done as the developers have chosen what their market is for 3DXChat.

And before anyone comes in and starts slamming me with if I don't like the way things are i should leave, I have already decided you are right, that someone like me who does care who is behind the keyboard on the other side does not belong in 3DXChat, and I say goodbye to everyone in there.

Ok i'll try to give my ideas on this topic.

First i think there are some very good ideas in it, mainly the messaging and i like the event idea even if i don't know how much it will actually be used.

Beeing able to post links could be good too because i've seen people with link to art that they probably want you to take as what there avatar looks like and having to retype then in a web browser can be hard depending on the length of it..

On the subject of the RP vs RL it's difficult but an idea i was having as read the posts is that maybe we shouldn't focus on the RPer profile since he/she will put whatever they want on it, but add something on the other peoples profile saying if it bothers them if peoples are lieing about there age or gender so that the RPer know they can avoid these peoples and if they don't they can't say anything about not knowing they would be hurt.

I find that would be a more realistic solution to the probleme.

Twiggy, i think that there is a small problem with what you are suggesting, People that say they are 18 year old with supermodel body from france, living in the fancy place are not considering themselfs roleplayers :D . I had quite a few people come clean to me and none of them were interested in roleplay (how real roleplayers in the game roleplay). So even if they make the different buttons in profile nothing will change. Also dont forget that the game is not called 3dxDating :)  . I like your ideas but people will scream and kick like hell if they make the choice permanent for life of a character. I more agree with Sera and her solution ^^ .

Just my opinion and now i go back to my cave :D :D

I have been following this thread and reading each persons ideas and views. Twiggy does bring up some good ideas that maybe could be looked at. The 1 that unfortunately really can't have anything done about it is the age/location thing.

It's unfortunate that there are people on here who only prefer to deceive, troll and yep, cause issues sometimes. The bad part is, no matter what site you join or go to like this, it's going to be there. You can't get away from it. It's unfortunate

that there are people out there like that, but it happens on all sites like this. The best thing I can say and what I have learned, is to trust your gut when talking to someone and don't jump right into sex with anyone. Chat a talk with people first maybe to see if you feel comfortable with the other person. Most already put on their profiles that they are RP or what ever the case is and lots even say they don't want any of their real life stuff brought up and don't want meets or hook-ups.

The main thing is, read profiles before you start talking with someone. Usually, NOT ALWAYS, it will tell you what you need to know. The problem is, lots of people don't read a profile before starting a conversation with someone.

I know this might cause a few responses both ways, pro and con. But a lot is already handled if people will just take a minute, read a profile and get to know someone before taking the next step. Trust your gut. It usually is right.

Guest Twiggy

Thanks guys for coming in and throwing in your ideas and opinions.

Yes my ideas may not be the answer, the main point I am trying to get across is that something needs to be put in place to let these people know it is not ok for them to do this stuff.

If you had seen some of the threads before they were removed you will notice that these people, at least some of them believe they are doing nothing wrong, they make excuses for themselves and convince themselves there is nothing wrong with what they are doing.

A common excuse they use is they are just roleplaying, acting out their fantasies and they are allowed to do that.

The truth is at the moment they are right, there is nothing in the rules of the game that says they are not allowed to do so.

If there was something in the rules to say they are not allowed to do so then a good number of them would stop.

A good indication of that is how strongly they protest anything coming in that will make them have to reveal what they are doing.

I know I am pushing the issue here and there will people wondering why so I will explain a couple of things that have happened over the last few days that has me doing so.

Recently my partners younger sister come to stay with us for a few months, she is 18 and wild and a very very good friend.

I decided to show her 3DXChat partly because i didn't want to give up playing, with her staying here I would either have to let her know or stop playing.

At 1st she was fine and I started showing her the game, I thought I needed to tell her what she would have to look out for.

As I was doing that I found myself thinking this sounds really bad, and at the end of it she said she wouldn't be playing, why would she want to go in there, it sounds creepy.

After that, later that same day I went into 3DX, I looked to see what rooms were open and saw something that really bugged me.

There were 7 rooms open, 5 had just 1 person in them, 1 had 5 people and there was a room named RAPE, just like that in capital letters that had 16 people in it.

Naming a room RAPE is bad enough, but the fact that there was 16 people in there, the majority of the people that were in all the rooms put together, it just made me realize what the mentality of a good number of people in there has gone to.

I am not going to get into what that meant to me or why it does, just that it made me realize that 3DXChat the way it stands with no attempt being made at all to change things, it is a place I no longer want to be.

There are some really good people in there and I did make some really good friends, they know who they are and I will keep in touch with them outside of 3DXChat.

I hope this thread will stay open and people will continue to throw around ideas of what can be done.

For the moment it seems to be staying civil and getting the respect it deserves.

So to everyone I have met in there I say goodbye and good luck, take care and stay well.

There has been some good things come my way from my time in there, i actually learn t a lot about myself and gained a lot of confidence in areas where I lacked confidence.

The place is definitely not all bad, just some things in there that I myself can't deal with.

Twiggy, you did bring up some good points. I don't know you and have never spoken to you. But, the point I'm making is that no matter where you go, any site like this, has the very same issues.

There is nothing can be done to stop the deception or some people purposely doing what they do. I'm sorry you feel you need to leave, but no matter what site you go to, you will find the same

exact issues.

Thanks guys for coming in and throwing in your ideas and opinions.

Yes my ideas may not be the answer, the main point I am trying to get across is that something needs to be put in place to let these people know it is not ok for them to do this stuff.

If you had seen some of the threads before they were removed you will notice that these people, at least some of them believe they are doing nothing wrong, they make excuses for themselves and convince themselves there is nothing wrong with what they are doing.

A common excuse they use is they are just roleplaying, acting out their fantasies and they are allowed to do that.

The truth is at the moment they are right, there is nothing in the rules of the game that says they are not allowed to do so.

If there was something in the rules to say they are not allowed to do so then a good number of them would stop.

A good indication of that is how strongly they protest anything coming in that will make them have to reveal what they are doing.

I know I am pushing the issue here and there will people wondering why so I will explain a couple of things that have happened over the last few days that has me doing so.

Recently my partners younger sister come to stay with us for a few months, she is 18 and wild and a very very good friend.

I decided to show her 3DXChat partly because i didn't want to give up playing, with her staying here I would either have to let her know or stop playing.

At 1st she was fine and I started showing her the game, I thought I needed to tell her what she would have to look out for.

As I was doing that I found myself thinking this sounds really bad, and at the end of it she said she wouldn't be playing, why would she want to go in there, it sounds creepy.

After that, later that same day I went into 3DX, I looked to see what rooms were open and saw something that really bugged me.

There were 7 rooms open, 5 had just 1 person in them, 1 had 5 people and there was a room named RAPE, just like that in capital letters that had 16 people in it.

Naming a room RAPE is bad enough, but the fact that there was 16 people in there, the majority of the people that were in all the rooms put together, it just made me realize what the mentality of a good number of people in there has gone to.

I am not going to get into what that meant to me or why it does, just that it made me realize that 3DXChat the way it stands with no attempt being made at all to change things, it is a place I no longer want to be.

There are some really good people in there and I did make some really good friends, they know who they are and I will keep in touch with them outside of 3DXChat.

I hope this thread will stay open and people will continue to throw around ideas of what can be done.

For the moment it seems to be staying civil and getting the respect it deserves.

So to everyone I have met in there I say goodbye and good luck, take care and stay well.

There has been some good things come my way from my time in there, i actually learn t a lot about myself and gained a lot of confidence in areas where I lacked confidence.

The place is definitely not all bad, just some things in there that I myself can't deal with.

I will agree that was disgusting and how some can do that, Even RPing is beyond disgusting. I am however not shocked, Its one of the reasons i just mainly come on to chat with friends. Its a shame we are losing one of the quality people here but i wish you well in whatever you do . 

Actually, someone naming there room RAPE break a few Game rules.

3.01. That contain profanity, including its abbreviated form.

3.02. That contain insults, personal attacks, abuse or harassment.

3.06. Which have an association with paedophilia, sexual abuse.

That room could have been reported and gladly with all the 16 members in it.

Public display of sexual abuse of any sort is not something that is supported by any means.

The only thing is that it fall on the members responsibility to report those offenses.

Unfortunately, there are some out there in this world with rape fantasies. This is a sex site mainly, to try out your fantasies. Those that went in the room, knew what it was called and CHOSE to go there.

It's not abuse or harassment. If you don't have those fantasies or want to explore them. simple.....don't go in there nor condemn those that do.

Actually, someone naming there room RAPE break a few Game rules.

3.01. That contain profanity, including its abbreviated form.

3.02. That contain insults, personal attacks, abuse or harassment.

3.06. Which have an association with paedophilia, sexual abuse.

That room could have been reported and gladly with all the 16 members in it.

Public display of sexual abuse of any sort is not something that is supported by any means.

The only thing is that it fall on the members responsibility to report those offenses.

Yes I saw that room open recently Skar, if I see it open again I will drop by and I will tell them it's against the rules and advise them to change it.

If they don't then they shall be reported, simple as that.

There two differents matter here,

First, it done publicly so it does have an impact on the game image and reputation. It one of the reason those rule exist in the first place. It can be called fantasy but if someone review the game online and report that rape it something that the game tolerate officially. The same way that talk about underage is forbidden.

Second, most people in game doesn't know the rules or care about them. It alright since there nobody there to actually make sure they are respected.

Like I used to say, it not because it a sex game that you can do what ever you like, keep those fantasies private matter if you wish. But don't go around calling your room Rape.

If Rape is a fantasy of anyone, You have issues a sex site cant help and i would suggest Mental evaluation as soon as possible.  If you or any loved one has been affected by it, Its not a laughing matter or something to fantasize about

Rant finished, have a great day

There two differents matter here,

First, it done publicly so it does have an impact on the game image and reputation. It one of the reason those rule exist in the first place. It can be called fantasy but if someone review the game online and report that rape it something that the game tolerate officially. The same way that talk about underage is forbidden.

Second, most people in game doesn't know the rules or care about them. It alright since there nobody there to actually make sure they are respected.

Like I used to say, it not because it a sex game that you can do what ever you like, keep those fantasies private matter if you wish. But don't go around calling your room Rape.

Yes I wholeheartedly agree with you. As it can cause some harm because the last thing we want is someone in the game who has had a real life experience of that, and they see a room and it brings back bad memories. That's the last thing we want to happen, question is, how can we let people know about the rules? Because some of those people in the room may not have known it's against the rules and are completely innocent in a sense, but still. Hmm... 

I just want to add to what twiggy said that it is ok and allowed to do whatever those people are doing by rules of the game and even if it is against the rules there is no way you can enforce that. However it is not ok morally. Its shitty thing to do and that falls on the head of people doing it. As the horrible choice of name for the room, yeah that is against the rules and sadly again there is nothing in place that would enforce the rules. If the ban comes even 1 day late the damage has been already done. I do not know how to fix that. It would require moderators to be present in the game and that is not good at all. Because who moderates the moderators  :D  :D  :D  :D .

Edit: Hmm maybe implement some sort of ban room names ? Like you cant use certain words as a room name. That could maybe possibly work to some degree. Maybe  :lol:

Edited by Millia

and there was a room named RAPE, just like that in capital letters that had 16 people in it.

same here twiggy and nothing else to add besides:

hrk.gif

First, it done publicly so it does have an impact on the game image and reputation...

and an impact on ppl "playing" in it skar, besides of course the image and reputation of the game in the eye of the public, but well said! and seeing stuff like "rape rooms", really lets one think if one should advertise for this game any further, well atleast not for me at this very moment!

how can we let people know about the rules? Because some of those people in the room may not have known it's against the rules and are completely innocent in a sense, but still. Hmm... 

mabye use twiggys idea of the forum in the new gui and have the first 2 links below fixed in there not to be removed and underneath ppl can add other forumlinks

3DXChat Community Rules

3DXChat Support Center