3DXChat Community

Is this really just a sex game?

Sage Stoner

It becomes so dificult to answer a thread when people  go back and change their initial posts ...

I changed the name of the topic that it fits better. It's not about rebranding.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Sage Stoner proposed an interesting topic for discussion. And I would like us all to share thoughts without touching rebranding.

it is difficult to give one opinion on a subject that we can't touch, as Sage thread is only about rebranding and nothing else, he does not complain, or make any derrogatory remarks, but only the fact that he beleives 3dxchat should be changed to reflect ........, who knows what, that it does not........

I never said 3DX should be changed in any way, Bran. Maybe if you had asked me to clarify what I meant instead of jumping to conclusions on your own, this thread might have resulted in an interesting discussion, especially since a lot of people seem to have liked my original post and understood what I was trying to say.

But it was a good lesson for me anyway. And a mistake I won't make twice.

To the OP: No. For me it's not. Like others have said before me, I enjoy the social aspect of this game. Let's chat, be friends, and if it goes father well.... That's nice too :) As for what this thread has become, well I think there's a lot of wasted potential here because of someone getting their feelings hurt and turning it into a p*ssing match. So how's about everyone buries their respective hatchets and relishes in the fact that we're all a part of a great online community, and just be friends again?

from the title 3DXChat to me means it is a 3D online chat game. and the X means sex or X rated,seams to be all of that and more. I think new people think, they should be getting more and faster updates, well I have been here for nearly a year, lol so all I can say is have patience, have fun and don't take any wooden Indians!..........................some people are just to anal

Yeah, see, I stumbled into this community.  Started that way for me, remains that way for me, and I totally don't wanna go without you guys again!

Rebranding... meh... the sad fact of the matter in that is that... I'm not sure I would have been as likely to try it had it been advertised as an 'adult community' requiring a subscription.  This being said, I am not; in the least; regretting my decision to join this community.

My short, unremarkable nickels worth of free thinking.

Ciao!

-L

As far as I can see, even though this game is called 3DXChat, it is advertised as a sex game. The website uses pictures to show in detail what to expect from the sex, which I bet is what brought most of us here. 

The most surprising thing about this game is the incredible community; the best community I have experienced by far in a game. There is no mention on the game's website (besides perhaps in the forums) of what the community is like here and I think with a game as flexible as this it could have turned out quite different. We have been fortunate to have the right people at the start to build the foundations and the right people now who continue to grow it. 

I also want to mention the moderators and specifically Bran too (you clearly work so hard and are very awesome) as I think without their guidance I and many others would be playing this game in a very different way. Now we have some wonderful wonderful people here and there really is a growing warm ambience of acceptance and open-mindedness about the place. This is something I think is worth advertising, not just the sex. Yes we still have new players coming brashly in and flashing their parts at passers by, but I bet a lot of them are unaware of what the community has to offer and soon enough begin to realise that there are some really nice people and it is worth getting to know them.

I also want to thank the developers for listening to the community and building the game in such a way as to drive the growth of the community.

So in my opinion this is clearly and primarily a sex game, and most people here will be having sex at some point, but as most of us agree it is now so much more than just a sex game.

What the future holds for the community here is something I am not sure about. Any game I have been in before where there has been a small good community has always lost it's way as it grows bigger. I'm hoping this wont happen here. I would like to see more and more open minded but considerate people come in. I feel the male gay and bisexual community is growing (albeit slowly) which is good news. I would also like to see more people openly crossing the gender gap, including females making male chars not just the other way around, and I hope that shemales (if they are still coming please yes please) will bring another creative dynamic to the game.

Well that's it I'm feeling all gushy now! You are all awesome and I want to thank you for accepting me and all my different characters.

Rob <3

I don't think that it's just a sex game. But. I think that initially, for each person is attractive the sexual aspect of the game. As this shown in advertising and on the official website. I think that getting into the game the first time we are looking for just a sexual partner. But over time, we understand that there is a community inside the game and that the game also has a social aspect.  And we choose our own personal way. Someone takes it seriously. Someone refers to it only as a sex game. Someone is trying to find friends and so on. You can have sex at any location, anywhere in the game (excluding where it is prohibited). You can have any number of partners. And I don't think anyone has the right to condemn you for that. You can also come into game in order to chat with someone, to see someone. You can build relationships and so on. But we all one way or another have sex in the game. Question is only in your choice how to do this, where and with whom.

I think that it depends only from you personally, whether it's just a sex game or something more. It just depends on your personal needs. I don't think that it's just a sex game. I think that this is also and a sex game. And I don't think that need to change something. And I wonder what we will get in the final result. This is my personal opinion.

• 10 months later...

Interesting topic, I add my think.

3DXChat is lot different things.

We can analyse this name:

• 3D
    It's a virtual world where we can move, dance, play ...
    It's a amazing graphic game, like a classic MMORPG, the avatars are very elaborate
  • X
    It's a adult game, a sex game.
    This is a place where our fantasies can flourish.
  • Chat
    It's a social game, where we can meet lot of people of many countries and cultures.
    We can build nice relationship and friendship.
    It's a good community.

I had played with other sex games, and 3DXChat is different, more complexed and more completed (Gizmo: but I want lot of new features too ;) )

To compare:

AChat
It is a game more oriented "sex", there are no social relation between player.
It's not a real virtual world, no possibility to move in rooms.
It's no possible to chat with many people, it's essentially one-to-one relationship.
Sex is the main goal of this game.
Strong point: lot of sex poses

IMVU
In this case, it's the inverse.
By default, we can move, dance, ... in a virtual world.
It's a very opened world, kid and teenager are accepted
There are the possibility to have sex relationship, but it's need to take an adult pass (and prove that we are adult)
So, sex actions is not possible for all players, there are 2 kinds of communities: adults and no-adults.
Strong point: lot of without-sex animations

To finish to compared 3DXChat with those games, I add a point about game money: In 3DXChat, money (XGOLD) is a bonus, it's no necessary to play. In other games, money is use to buy clothes, poses, rooms, ... and it's very unpleasant to have people who panhandles some credits. It's nice to have a full game when we take a subscription.

3DXChat is an Adult Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (AMMORPG) where goal is to have relationship with adult people.
And don't forget that it's a game, not a dating site, where we come to take a very good moment without constrain.

I like 3DXChat because it's not only a sex game and not only a social game. It's a good mix.
So, to conclude my think, I think that those 3 parts (virtual world, sex game, social game) are a whole in this game

When i first joined this game 12 months ago, it was just that, a game. A source of passing time, and i always wondered how anyone could get off watching pixels have sex. But then i chatted to people, got to know them, developed friendships, in some cases better than with people  i see in rl. Your emotions become involved as they tell you their highs and lows. The one thing i never thought possible either was falling in love, however this view changed as well, i met a special person, our relationship has grown strong over a number of months, she means the world to me and i love her with all my heart. As they say behind every avi is a real person with real feelings, if that person is willing to share those feelings with another, then yes thats when it becomes more than a game, for me anyway, others will play it different. As Doll says it is what you make it.

I agree 3dx has a good balance between social and sex sim. What I love Is that you have the option to explore and meet people easily and when the mood strikes you can engage in some naughtiness with out any restrictions.

• 4 weeks later...

ISn´t it what ever you make it to be? Personnaly i rather know with whom i deal with you never know if that or this perosn is hte one that blows your mind away.

Yes i am that creep that is constantly messaging you out of the blue.

Ancient thread bump?

Interesting question nonetheless, so I guess I’ll help with ancient thread revival ritual xD. This actually reminds me of someone in the game, “We should mate” and “Why did you join a sex site and bla bla (don’t remember the rest the phrase I’m afraid)”. For him, this is clearly it: just a sex game (or site as he words it). Period. There are others who are here to meet new people in the hopes of finding “that someone”/new friends/interesting people/Santa Claus/Easter Bunny/etc (if profiles are to be believed) and others who are, like me, just roleplaying a character for… reasons? (Pretty subjective this one, so I won’t have the audacity of projecting *my* reasons as a consensus).

Personally I don’t even believe this to be a game, regardless if it’s branded as such. Games have clear objectives and/or set victory and lose conditions, it has a consensus of established strategies to ensure a them. 3DXChat? You can establish that I suppose, but it will only be relevant to you and those who you choose to interact with, and it can even be reviewed and reestablished on the fly. So in short: no, I don’t believe this to be “Just a sex game”. A virtual, social&erotic, simulator perhaps but not “just a sex game”.

Good points Callista. I think for many new people this is indeed "just a sex game". I guess most of those either get bored or cancel their sub when they had their fill.

The more experienced users I run into tend to stay for the roleplaying or the social aspect. Sex and eroticism of course still plays a role for me, but I'm quite happy just walking around, bumping into old friends and dancing and talking too.

Ancient thread bump?

Interesting question nonetheless, so I guess I’ll help with ancient thread revival ritual xD. This actually reminds me of someone in the game, “We should mate” and “Why did you join a sex site and bla bla (don’t remember the rest the phrase I’m afraid)”. For him, this is clearly it: just a sex game (or site as he words it). Period. There are others who are here to meet new people in the hopes of finding “that someone”/new friends/interesting people/Santa Claus/Easter Bunny/etc (if profiles are to be believed) and others who are, like me, just roleplaying a character for… reasons? (Pretty subjective this one, so I won’t have the audacity of projecting *my* reasons as a consensus).

Personally I don’t even believe this to be a game, regardless if it’s branded as such. Games have clear objectives and/or set victory and lose conditions, it has a consensus of established strategies to ensure a them. 3DXChat? You can establish that I suppose, but it will only be relevant to you and those who you choose to interact with, and it can even be reviewed and reestablished on the fly. So in short: no, I don’t believe this to be “Just a sex game”. A virtual, social&erotic, simulator perhaps but not “just a sex game”.

Here everyone chooses what is 3dxChat for them . Just a sex game ? - Yes ! Not just a sex game ? - Yes !

Learn to respect each other and live together without harm to each other .