3DXChat Community

WooHoo USA Girls Rock

Guest Eclipse

I watched the match before the final the one for the 3rd place , and i find that women soccereuses are very less "actors" than men soccerers :D

So , a lick for the ladies :

Lick , lick , lick , ..... Hurray !!  :ph34r: 

*whistles innocently*

2e339de0-058f-0133-f491-0e18518aac2f.jpg

One day we will be able to celebrate a teams success and commiserate another's in sport without people comparing it to a world war fought in the past where 50+ million people died from all sides. Liking the the two things and making a joke out of it is distasteful and frankly deeply shocking. On a side note it's called a world war because it involved more than just America.

Please please think before you post. We are a multi cultural community.

Abbey

One day we will be able to celebrate a teams success and commiserate another's in sport without people comparing it to a world war fought in the past where 50+ million people died from all sides. Liking the the two things and making a joke out of it is distasteful and frankly deeply shocking. On a side note it's called a world war because it involved more than just America.

Please please think before you post. We are a multi cultural community.

Abbey

Well said Abbey.  There's a fine line one shouldn't cross when dealing with or expressing Patriotism.  That 'joke' definitely crossed that line.

Guest Skar

Thank you Eclipse for posting. It is really nice to see two peoples love and the celebration of the US victory.

Well put Abbey. Some things should be taken so lightly in a diverse community like 3dxchat.

And also a polite reminder of one of the forum rule :

3.04. Which have racist, nationalistic implications or

*supremacy comments which may create offence to a certain nation*

, ethnic, religious or racial group.

The question is : How many time must pass before we can joke with world war 2 . Personally i'm not , as a french , offended by LanaLove's post . There is french humorist that are even more harsh with their jokes about WW2 and that are not considered as racists or nationalistics .

I think WW2 was more than half a century ago now , we have the right to joke with them .

In Lana's joke , the only peoples that could feel offended would be juves , but i dont see any juve references in the post . We can joke with a subject ( even WW2 ) and still respect peoples who fighted ..... hmmm .... fough ( maybe ) .

Guest Doll

Slightly off topic...sorry Eclipse...but sort of related...

Girls play sports =

Not a patch on my Goddess but still a goddess ;)

Guys play sports =

Pffff

:P *runs away*

The question is : How many time must pass before we can joke with world war 2 . Personally i'm not , as a french , offended by LanaLove's post . There is french humorist that are even more harsh with their jokes about WW2 and that are not considered as racists or nationalistics .

I think WW2 was more than half a century ago now , we have the right to joke with them .

In Lana's joke , the only peoples that could feel offended would be juves , but i dont see any juve references in the post . We can joke with a subject ( even WW2 ) and still respect peoples who fighted ..... hmmm .... fough ( maybe ) .

It is offensive to Japanese people who are members of our community if you doubt me then try reading the world news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-33405094

it does not matter how long ago it was, 50+ million people died in the conflict it should be remembered and respected so it is never repeated not turned into a laughing insulting joke. And besides it is banned on this forum as Skar one of our moderators has pointed out the rules are there and should be abided by.

Abbey

Guest Doll

I kinda agree about the potential offence even though I think it was meant tongue in cheek...

...but let's give the thread back to Eclipse's more positive intent. Mods can delete anything that's out of order.

On topic : 

Slightly off topic...sorry Eclipse...but sort of related...

Girls play sports =

Not a patch on my Goddess but still a goddess ;)

Guys play sports =

Pffff

:P *runs away*

This is exactly what i meant when i told that women seemed less actors than men lol :D

Off topic : Abbey , show me where its racist . Because if you think that Japanese peoples should be offended , then germans too , and you forgot them .

Guest Skar

Off topic : Abbey , show me where its racist . Because if you think that Japanese peoples should be offended , then germans too , and you forgot them .

Please, stay on topic or move in pm. There no need to spoiled eclipse topic any further.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the necro post, and the off topic... If any moderator feels the need to give me a warning point for that... I won't complain :) I also will clarify upfront that I'm not looking to start any passionate debate here just making a few observations and leaving my opinion. After saying this well, I felt something of an urge to post after seeing the way this discussion went. I don't think Lana's post was a demonstration of supremacy (patriotic, national, or otherwise), to me it seemed more like an attempt at humour (dark and morbid humour is still humour mind you).

As a rather morbid person myself I'll admit that I giggled at her post so if that was her intention (to make people laugh) she succeeded on that with me (and kudos to her for that ^^). If, however, her joke was found to be offensive and there are rules barring certain jokes as not acceptable due to them being considered offensive then by all means call her off on it As I defender of free speech I'll note that I don't agree with this rule (assuming there is one), the line between offensive and not offensive when it comes to humour is very subtle and entirely dependant on personal taste and sensibilities. If there is no such rule, please, don't call her off on something ambiguous, and yes, it was ambiguous... I'm here as proof of someone who interpreted her post in an entirely manner. If that's no proof of ambiguity, I don't know what is...

Again, I apologize for the hassle of bringing this up again. I apologize to Skar for outright ignoring his request not to derail and I'll one more time reinforce this: This isn't  by any means an attempt at causing a stirr or to start controversial debates of any kind. Just an expression of my opinion on a situation I felt the need to express it. If my conduct in doing so is in violation of the rules I won't complain if I receive punishment for this. Having said that this situation touched something which I have a strong opinion about, so if I've broken any rules, it was for the sake of not being apathetic towards it, I hope people understand that even if they disagree with me.