3DXChat Community

Development and suggestions?

Guest Doll

I personally am mixed about the whole thing. I can see pros and cons to both approaches:

As am I THX.  I'd love more choices in hair and clothing of course.  Truth is I played games for many years where choices were grand and yet I am here. :)  So I return to my original statement that game is going to be what you make of it.  

And why are you giving this information here, in public? You do understand that pirates will not develop the game and if too much people will run to their server from official one - it will be the end for 3dx chat as a developing game? You will not see new updates at all and will play the same version of 3dxchat till they will support it, then they will close it when they will be bored of it - and you will not see 3dxchat anymore. Are you sure it's a great idea to publicly advertise them?

Where do you see  advertising? On the contrary, it is a fear for the future of 3dx, if it does not develop, it will die out precisely because of what the pirates have done!

Do you really think that no one knows about it? this pirate game has been in the public domain for more than a month!!!

Where do you see  advertising? On the contrary, it is a fear for the future of 3dx, if it does not develop, it will die out precisely because of what the pirates have done!

Do you really think that no one knows about it? this pirate game has been in the public domain for more than a month!!!

I see advertising in giving people information about existing of the pirate server on the official forum of the game, publicly. I am afraid about what will happen with 3dx too. Maybe that actually an exact reason why we wait for update for so long, like ExHaran already said - maybe they are working on security issues, so the new version of the game will be harder to hack and they don't want to release anything till it's done. Who knows - maybe they already have a big and tasty update, but they just don't want to feed pirates with it.

And, I don't think that "no one knows about it". I am pretty sure quite amount of people already know about it. But you only increasing this amount. 

"By saving your world on the game server, you must understand that it becomes public and available to all players. This means that your world can be downloaded, and also copied as any public information in the Internet.

If you do not agree that your world can be accessible to other players, then do not create your worlds in the World Editor."

@3dxchat developers

smells like a karma.

ver.2

"By saving your UE game in the internet, you must understand that it becomes public and available to all web users. This means that your game can be downloaded, and also copied as any public information in the Internet.

If you do not agree that your game can be accessible to other web users, then do not create your games in the Unity Engine."

@unity engine team

lol Im joking

About the security u mention recently i got informed from people that are aware of other people knowing every avi on the server thru hacking  So i hope Gizmo look into it fast .

As u understand i cant say much but the person that told me that he was very sure as the hacker told him even his name apart from all his accounts .

i suggested said person not use real email n use a bought email like i do so people cant track u n harass u :) and ofc vpn 

Dont worry about the pirate version i have report that to Gizmo 3-4 months ago lol

Also ur right its not cool advertize a pirate version 

I reported it too through the contacting the support team, but it does not guarantee that the problem will be solved. There is a lot of pirate servers of for example Word of Warcraft - and even Blizzard with their lawyers and resources can't close all of them. And there we have a small comnay -  SexGameDevil - with how much staff? Gizmo and Lisa? Maybe one or two more persons but I very much doubt so. 

I reported it too but it does not guarantee that the problem will be solved. There is a lot of pirate servers of for example Word of Warcraft - and even Blizzard with their lawyers and resources can't close all of them. And there we have a small comnay -  SexGameDevil - with how much staff? Gizmo and Lisa? Maybe one or two more persons but I very much doubt so. 

ur right but people going in pirate servers risk to expose all their privacy n data n things can get bad realy fast their risk .

who knows whats inside in a pirate game that u download lol  :D 

I reported it too but it does not guarantee that the problem will be solved. There is a lot of pirate servers of for example Word of Warcraft - and even Blizzard with all their team of lawyers can't close all of them. And there we have a small comnay -  SexGameDevil - with how much staff? Gizmo and Lisa? Maybe one or two more persons but I very much doubt so. 

You`re right. 

Skyrim has a mod with server for 2-4 players...but ok, it`s official. But biggest example is gta san-andreas multiplayer, gta 5 multiplayer RP servers and so on. 

But hey, it`s just pieces of unity code, isn`t it? Developers should be happy because their game has become that popular that someone did the same as with other popular games lol

I reported it too through the contacting the support team, but it does not guarantee that the problem will be solved. There is a lot of pirate servers of for example Word of Warcraft - and even Blizzard with their lawyers and resources can't close all of them. And there we have a small comnay -  SexGameDevil - with how much staff? Gizmo and Lisa? Maybe one or two more persons but I very much doubt so. 

The only way Gizmo will be able to battle this, if they do manage to get their game fully up and running that is.

Is to improve his own work ethics, he will need to outdo them with updates and keep his player base here.

If he keeps going the way he is he will loose out to the guys that have copied his game and are prepared to do more to look after the players.

It's simple, if there are 2 games very similar, one offers very little support to the players and supplies very few updates where the other does, where will everyone go ?

If it was me and I was made aware of what was going on, I would be doing everything I could right now to show my game was the place to stay by giving the players what they want.

I would do my best to show these guys they are wasting their time and make it so they see there is no use in continuing.

Something else I think is worth mentioning is the people that seem to be behind creating this new game.

If it is them they have already proven themselves to be very clique orientated, and if what has been said in these forums about them is true they can be very demanding of players around them, you will do what I want you to do kind of thing.

So if they are behind it and they are also playing in the game, then I think people need to think about things like what it would mean for them to not be a part of the in crowd in that game.

About the security u mention recently i got informed from people that are aware of other people knowing every avi on the server thru hacking  So i hope Gizmo look into it fast .

As u understand i cant say much but the person that told me that he was very sure as the hacker told him even his name apart from all his accounts .

i suggested said person not use real email n use a bought email like i do so people cant track u n harass u :) and ofc vpn 

Hmm, so another Pandora may show up soon or later :huh:

Anyway, are you aware Ali that payment informations and by that meaning real names, addresses and all other the most sensitive data aren't stored on 3DX server but by BMTMicro Inc. wihich is and must be well secured and certified to even be able to offer such services? And they didn't have any breaches and data leaks so far because that would have been surely announced and even if not, noticed by f.ex. pwned sites. So unless person you're writing about used real info in game profile, it's impossible to get any from game server beside e-mail, yet that not 'sensitive' if you're smart enough to use fake one for one purpose only.

Also why buying email? Oo

Simply make free one for 3dx purpose only with whatever name.

PS: VPN is still traceable, just makes things harder ;)

I'm sure Gizmo has a take down order to the ISP already.

Besides, it would cost thousands per month to run even a decent sized user base with unlimited bandwidth and at least a 1000 mbps upload pipe.

Good servers at quality fiber based data centers in the US aren't cheap.

Well from reading the thread about it. It seems that they are having denial of service attacks, but they have moved to better servers, and there are a bunch of them up it sounds like a lot of things don't work though like the world editor, and gifts. Its kind of confusing who is behind it. 3DX chat is small enough that people really should support the devs by paying for it I think.

I'm sure Gizmo has a take down order to the ISP already.

Besides, it would cost thousands per month to run even a decent sized user base with unlimited bandwidth and at least a 1000 mbps upload pipe.

Good servers at quality fiber based data centers in the US aren't cheap.

They don't need to have good quality servers. People will play because it's free, not because of quality. Neither they need to have a servers in US. 3dx is not really ping dependent game, so it does not really matter - to play with 30 ping or with 300 and I doubt that US is their main audience.
They will be really fucked only if Gizmo will be able to close them. Or improve the game security that they will not be able to steal new versions. 

All i found while googling it was a offline mod so i wouldnt be too worried 

Yvonny, there is a website, forum, youtube vids of the gameplay they have now which includes avis dancing in a big club with several well known names from 3DXChat showing over the avis.

It's still in beta but they have done a fair bit.

They seem to have a lot to do before it could be equal to what 3DXChat has, but who really knows.

Yvonny, there is a website, forum, youtube vids of the gameplay they have now which includes avis dancing in a big club with several well known names from 3DXChat showing over the avis.

It's still in beta but they have done a fair bit.

They seem to have a lot to do before it could be equal to what 3DXChat has, but who really knows.

Yvonny probably were talking about pirate server of 3dxchat, not about other game.

I'm not sure if this has been suggested already but I figured I'd finally give a suggestion, even though there's a few that I've thought about(just like a lot of other people). . I was thinking that when avi's put on a mask their names would disappear and their profiles would be unavailable when you clicked on them. Kinda like a masquerade. And sure some people wouldn't like having masked avi's come to their rooms but I was thinking it would be more for masquerade themed rooms that people made. People already create different avi's anyway.

But yeah, just an idea that I had.

Happy 3dx'ing, everyone

• 3 weeks later...