3DXChat Community

Development and suggestions?

Guest Doll

I was just thinking about that. I wrote earlier (but deleted it) about how great it would be to get into the code and mod things, however, that would lead to abusers sadly.

I was just thinking about that. I wrote earlier (but deleted it) about how great it would be to get into the code and mod things, however, that would lead to abusers sadly.

Abusers are yet here , the other day ( 5 days ago if i remember ) , i was quietly chatting with a friend in her room and suddenly , my avatar moved to the position where the woman is sucking the male member face down on the couch , meaning someone used my avatar as a dummy . I immediately clicked on "stop sex" option , it stopped it on my side , but i don't know if it stopped it in the side of the asshole using me as a real doll .

Guest Fuwakumi

Wouldn't that make you a potential abuser too darling? :P

Guest Fuwakumi

Abusers are yet here , the other day ( 5 days ago if i remember ) , i was quietly chatting with a friend in her room and suddenly , my avatar moved to the position where the woman is sucking the male member face down on the couch , meaning someone used my avatar as a dummy . I immediately clicked on "stop sex" option , it stopped it on my side , but i don't know if it stopped it in the side of the asshole using me as a real doll .

OMG :o

Seriously?! No way...I can't imagine that happening with me. Should that happen I figure hit "Stop Sex" and leave the room/game. :(

Not at all Fuwakumi :) I would only like the ability to mod for fun things, like a garden, or themepark. But despite how easy it is (..HAH, apparently) to get sex in the game, sick bastards will hack there way for more sex and that is a no no for me. 

A game is meant to be played, not bypassed.

Now you just stop fretting and relax....here let me help....

Guest Fuwakumi

Not at all Fuwakumi :) I would only like the ability to mod for fun things, like a garden, or themepark. But despite how easy it is (..HAH, apparently) to get sex in the game, sick bastards will hack there way for more sex and that is a no no for me. 

A game is meant to be played, not bypassed.

Now you just stop fretting and relax....here let me help....

Well... not abusing the ladies but abusing the game itself like what you said. :P

Pull pranks on people you know. :D

Guest Fuwakumi

I like pranks :)...But not those kinds. But you know that. If not.........wait and seee.....woahahaaaaa......;)

:(

Runs away...!

You rape my brain.....hahah, no not really. You're just fine as you are. Anyway, I love the creativity of the room rooms, but the public room clones are bugging on me. 

I still feel, when all is considered, that with all the extra rooms including (maybe more so) the expanded .dll room mods, it is spreading people thinly. Back in the day, the club would be crammed like Athena's tongue in a pussy and it would be a mix of people of all preferences and goals, so it did mean people banging publicly in the middle of the dance floor and such like, but, it also meant a hundred people all pushed together. Now though, its room after room after room with a handful of people. 

Maybe I've just not been on when its busiest, but to see the old club 100% empty, from 100% full as it was - it means people are going elsewhere and ergo a social dispersal that has damaged the way the game plays out. 

Hah, I'm not really making sense am I? Sorry. I guess, its like a school - different classes, but once playtime is on everyone is pushed into the play ground together so everyone finds who they want to hang with more easily and group up. But now its like the playground is the office block, 100 floors and 100 rooms on each....

I'm going to try a different tact to explain without bashing.

There are so many great ideas, concepts, and possibilities here, but there doesn't seem to be significant retention of subscribers. At least to my eye. It doesn't "feel" to be growing, but simply chugging along. Yes, you have the core diehard's who keep the place going, but unless I'm mistaken, people come for a bit and move back to older more outdated virtual worlds simply because there is far more to do.  As I said, my intent is not to bash. To be tactful, it simply becomes tiresome after awhile and the same old same old and I find my time here decreasing. Is it because development is slow? Is it because it doesn't have micro transactions? Is it because creativity is s restricted by the small amount of props? Is it other unnamed factors? I dunno.

Speaking only for myself, the .dll was the one of the main things that extended my time here, as it at least give the chance for greater customization and creativity.  Aspects I have been used to in other worlds and come to expect. Some builds would take me months in other worlds, which I think increased the retention of at least myself in those worlds for that aspect alone. 

I hope for only the best for 3DX, and in that vein, I wonder what will happen too it when Sansar is opened up within the next few months and when UV's Curio is completed. The competition could get fierce.

I'm sure the Dev's here are aware of their competitors.  I'm sure they are aware of the need for more rapid development and must have valid reasons why it isn't done monthly to keep it fresh. I'm hoping for them to be able to continue the great foundation of ideas I've seen here developed in a haphazard seeming way.

I hope they can make changes before it is too late and too many become tired and move on.

That makes perfect sense, and thank you for taking the time to word it with thought. A lot of the time we are simply dealing with not only different personalities, but also different cultures, so mixed communication will happen, but we get there in the end :)

Personally, I agree and have mentioned before in my mighty rambles that even after a 2 year gap, this game has not really moved on or even feel as though it has expanded. Not in the time frame to a level you'd expect at least.

I know to create DLC for a game like Skyrim will take a fair few people a lot of time. But it pays off in the end for the extra content, and pay for it we do.

Its a steady income for the dev's and a way to practice their craft, and gawd bless em for giving us a more polished and arousing world to play in. No doubt they have other jobs, studies or life goals to deal with and so our updates are smaller and less frequent (I imagine). But again, open it up to a select few users to chip in. Two more dedicated people who know this game inside out could work wonders with it, as proved with skyrim mods.

The fear is the abuse of the code and established parameters I know, and I've no doubt (without causing offence) that the devs are aware that some of the users of this game are possibly more qualified and capable of the craft than they are. Giving the key out would be like handing your husband/wife to a brothel and expecting them to not contract an STD.

But, as you say Maxx, seeing the creative efforts and outcomes of people using the .dll variant has breathed some fresh air into an otherwise stagnant realm. Heck, I visited a room titled "Hive" last night, and it was amazing - taking some 20+ hours the creator said. And other people yet considerably more time and beauty in their work! And it had to be done by people (I assume) unrelated to the original developers. If the devs had created the .dll variant and released it as their own work along with a couple of other significant changes, there would be little to no argument and all would be at least a little happy.

The core basis of 3DXchat is a virtual chat world with heavy incline on adult entertainment. They are notably pushing for forward technology with the VR elements, which is good for those who want the latest gear and best platform to try it on. VR sex is something our future is already very well on the way too, so fair play to the the devs - they know whats coming. However, most at this time are without VR headsets, and want more than just another room, another clothes paint design, another minute bug fix for their money.

If the devs pick a select few and open the game up to bigger ideas, it could make the difference of sink or swim...in a pool on a luxury liner! :) 

Guest Twiggy

There has been some very nice comments coming up in this thread on where this game is and is going, in particular the last 2 comments by Maxx and U-E.

3DX most definitely is progressing far to slow and is in danger of loosing the few remaining edges it has on others that help to have people stay.

Graphics, in particular the avis has always been something that drew people to 3DX, they are falling behind now in that respect as others have progressed much faster than they have.

I was disappointed when V2 was introduced and there was no changes to the avis, which I thought would be a certainty as that I feel has always been the main drawcard to 3DX.

Looking at Second Life now and the avis you can get using user created heads and bodies they have gone past what 3DX offers in detail.

If Second life was made as simple as 3DX I think you could say goodbye to it, the simplicity is really the only thing holding it up against others now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9yNjM0yNqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLFxvLqv4Fc

I know of a lot of people that have settled in Second Life from here, some do still come to 3DX but very rarely, they spend most of their time in Second Life now.

As more of the people I know from 3DX go there and keep telling me to go there the temptation to do so gets higher, I think eventually I will take the time to learn how to do things in Second Life and make the move.

For me it is no longer friends are keeping me here in 3DX as there are so many are in Second Life.

So I don't think the devs can rely on that any longer, they really only have the simplicity of the game left keeping people here.

Yes people are still staying because of the friends they have and is likely still the main thing that keeps the average person here, but that is slowly fading and will not be long before it is not enough to keep sufficient numbers in the game.

I have also noticed that the large updates of late did not pull the numbers back in the way they use to.

That is something I think the devs also use to rely on, give us a good update and we all come back.

It would need to be a really big update with lots of things people have asked for dozens of times over the years for people to take note now.

There has been some very nice comments coming up in this thread on where this game is and is going, in particular the last 2 comments by Maxx and U-E.

3DX most definitely is progressing far to slow and is in danger of loosing the few remaining edges it has on others that help to have people stay.

Graphics, in particular the avis has always been something that drew people to 3DX, they are falling behind now in that respect as others have progressed much faster than they have.

I was disappointed when V2 was introduced and there was no changes to the avis, which I thought would be a certainty as that I feel has always been the main drawcard to 3DX.

Looking at Second Life now and the avis you can get using user created heads and bodies they have gone past what 3DX offers in detail.

If Second life was made as simple as 3DX I think you could say goodbye to it, the simplicity is really the only thing holding it up against others now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9yNjM0yNqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLFxvLqv4Fc

I know of a lot of people that have settled in Second Life from here, some do still come to 3DX but very rarely, they spend most of their time in Second Life now.

As more of the people I know from 3DX go there and keep telling me to go there the temptation to do so gets higher, I think eventually I will take the time to learn how to do things in Second Life and make the move.

For me it is no longer friends are keeping me here in 3DX as there are so many are in Second Life.

So I don't think the devs can rely on that any longer, they really only have the simplicity of the game left keeping people here.

Yes people are still staying because of the friends they have and is likely still the main thing that keeps the average person here, but that is slowly fading and will not be long before it is not enough to keep sufficient numbers in the game.

I have also noticed that the large updates of late did not pull the numbers back in the way they use to.

That is something I think the devs also use to rely on, give us a good update and we all come back.

It would need to be a really big update with lots of things people have asked for dozens of times over the years for people to take note now.

Hey Twiggy. I don't know Second Life. But it doesn't seems to be a sex game, looks rather similar to imvu. So it may not really be a competition for 3dx.

Second life doesn't channel its punters down the roam and sex route anywhere near as much but still gravitates to it none the less. Its an open world more or less, far more basic yet far more versatile compared to 3dx, as well as shops and building creation from the ground up.

I had it when it was first released to the public way back in the days when rainbows were black and white, and it was in no time at all before it became heavily dipped in sex. And the last time I played it, you could (at the cost of spending way to much time fiddling about for the wrong reasons) change a great many things and micro adjust your avi's in the numerous sex positions. SL has a lot of things 3DX could do with to expand and entice more punters, however for stability and a polished look, 3dx wins hands down.

What we want is a mix of both at some point, but it will most likely never happen - and someone with the ability will create an entirely new game that combines and beats both in the end - we wait and see :)

I found RLC to be graphically comparable to SL, not as polished as 3DX. And RLC not having as many options as SL in terms of building and customisation. But maybe I'm wrong on all counts. In any case, 3dx is my pick of the bunch, and leaves me with a wish for greater to things to keep people coming back.

I played the three games and you are right , RLC is a bit lower graphically than SL and both are way lower than 3DX . SL have a lot of poses , but you need a lot of time to set them to fit the avatars and sometimes ( depending on the size of the avatars ) it's very hard . Of course , SL did big upgrades on the avatars , but not due to game devs , and mesh bodies and head cost a lot of L$ .

In 3DX , there is a lower amount of poses it's sure , but straps/penisses , always target the desired spot when you select a pose , the avatars cost nothing ( exept if you are in hurry and buy Xgold to have a new one ) and everything is free ( exept the subscription of course :) )

With the Introduction of Mesh and Bento, along with the Huge Updates to Sims SL Avatars range from Basic to way more Detailed than 3DX depending on how far you want to Go, Secondlife as a Platform is way more Advanced than 3DX, however, 3DX is a Small Community and the Simplistic Developer Created World is Appealing.

You cannot Compare the 2. Secondlife is a Multi-Million Dollar Grid Platform with a Team of Developers Updating Consistently and 3DX is a Small-Scale Sex Game. 3DX is GREAT and I Love the Platform however it is no Replacement for Secondlife.

In Second Life you can build you own items, anything you want if you know 3DS Max or Blender.. You can make your own poses and animations with 3rd party software. I have a pussy attachment with a HUD that allows me to masturbate and cum with droplets dripping out of my very realistic pussy. You can even take a shit if the area allows creation..

I know..I am very weird,strange and off putting..what else is new...

Keep in mind, SL 2.0 =Sansar - their new platform. RLC 2.0 = Curio.

3DX will need to stack up to them more than the ones that already exist. I know many who have been making content for Curio that is backed up over two years. There are literally 100's if not 1000's of  Meshes, clothing props, properties, etc waiting by the creators. Not to mention the Unity Store. Those creators can sell their stuff in Curio also I imagine. That is a shitload of things.  When Curio goes to the point of full blown user uploads and people can make real money there will be a flood of content into it.  Curio has suffered from slow development also, and graphics are inferior (iMO) to 3DX.

3DX still has a window to grab subscribers tired of original 10 year old RLC  and those tired of older SL. But that window of opportunity is closing.

There was a time about three three years ago when there was arguments that 3DX should merge with UV's Curio. 3DX has fantastic ideas, graphics and concepts but lacks rapid content development like properties,  props, clothing and sex poses sex sounds, etc. that Curio will have (and Sansar).   Curio is nowhere near as advanced graphically and in ease of use and other things.. However, Curio has an economy already setup where layouts can be bought and applied to places like our apartments, user uploads, and clothing. Avatar adjustments are as fine tuned as making cheek bones bigger or smaller and certain muscle groups different shapes and sizes. That I believe is a Unity feature that could be enabled in 3DX.  It will also be more expensive if you don't make money to offset buying the things you may want.

Want the best of both worlds? Meld those two together. But of course that is also just a fantasy.