3DXChat Community

What would you like to buy with your Gold ?

Bran

• 2 weeks later...
Guest meem5

Would buy nothing, I am actually leaving because of the gold.

I enjoyed 3DXChat a lot ... really, a LOT ... but now with this Gold, no thank you. You totally killed a very very cool something here with introducing the gold.

Little history lesson: everywhere where money got involved, it always gives shit.

It was nice but things like "Refer your friends to 3DXChat and get paid" are just lame. I really though this all was different but it's just all the same: money money money ... damn!

So goodbye all, have fun and may the richest people get the most stuff .....

I was under the impression that xGold was simply going to be given out on a daily participation thing.  Now I see there's a button in the game that's selling it for cash... Is the participation thing still active or is it that you have to buy something in a game that we already pay for now?

Nyeh

This is a really good question and I would like to see what is planed for the future ... so do we need to buy stuff like clothes in the future or will this be gift only gold?

I know you don't like to talk about the future in game development because that is something that can change from day to day but a direction where this is going would be a nice hint.

I know that someone needs to make money with the game and someone needs to pay the workers but will the future bring updates that bring stuff you need to buy?

Adding a currency that we have to buy that has NO tangible reward attached, and the very fact that we have to buy it, in a game we pay for, to give little pictures to our friends, some of which look like they might be copyrighted, leaves a bad taste in the mouth honestly. I don't like the direction this is going.

The slap in the face for me is that the gifts went up to 300 from 30 in a day and we have to spend real money for something that really has no tangible real money value at all... 

As I said before, I don't mind having extra non-essential stuff for sale on the game, hell I would probably buy a lot of the nice ideas people wrote here in this thread. But from nights on a special suit and actual 3D flowers that people could buy/gift and decorate their houses to poorly selected static images is a huge gap.

Guest MrRob

I understand the argument about the direction the game is headed with something like this because it's a common approach with many MMOs that go Free to Play. To some it appears to be a 'money grabbing' scheme, but as far as I can see they are a business and if it's another way to generate revenue to improve the game I see it as a good thing. Also, because of the way it has been implemented you can completely ignore it if you don't like it. As for the 30 to 300 cost, didn't we also get a gold increase from 100 to 1000?

[EDIT] Here's a thought. Would somebody give one friend preferential treatment over another because that friend gifted them while the other did not?

Maybe this isn't the thread to discuss the merits of a system like this so please go ahead and delete my post if not.

As far as things to gift, what about some LoL Cats?

it's a common approach with many MMOs that go Free to Play.

Not that common, games tend to go pay way and not free to play, which definatly is not this case anyway.

As for the 30 to 300 cost, didn't we also get a gold increase from 100 to 1000?

No, we all got dif. amounts ...

[EDIT] Here's a thought. Would somebody give one friend preferential treatment over another because that friend gifted them while the other did not?

Dont see what this has to do with what has been said....

Guest MrRob

My edit was referring to my previous comment about being able to fully ignore the Gold implementation, but if that situation arose then you couldn't. Anyway I was just thinking out loud and the situation might not ever occur.

The issue here is that it is a Paid-For game with a monthly fee and a currency has been introduced that was initially going to be given for free for logging in, like a login rewards system, but it has become a paid-for currency, and a quite silly and unrewarding one at that in my opinion. It feels like a money grab and there is just nothing tangible tied into it at all. It is not tied into any form of in-game economy, people got differing values of gold on login, the gifts went up drastically, probably to push people to buy gold, and it just feels like a cheap slap. If I had the choice I would hide the coins and button in my interface.

To me its not that bad for now . I mean , the one that dont want to put more money in the game can just ignore the gold thing .

It will become very weird only if one day we can gift gold itself , because in every sex game where we can gift game money there is prostitution .

In Game Mail System :)   thank you devs.   When the patch came I didn't pay it much mind, until I received my first gift.   Then realized what you did.  An in game mail system that suits this genre.   Were people can choose to send a symbol of emotion with a message just long enough for a term of endearment.  But at a high enough cost, were it will limit the issues of unwanted spam 

:wub:   

• 2 weeks later...
Would make it possible to pay in gold on a pole dance, bartenders for the drinks. The percentage of gold you toand the rest is to those who work. The same a DJ if he can pay his music will be put, and if she would like people too think many have already pay the DJ. A kind of economy, only need to add the ability to put their music, selling drinks and a variety of striptease movements) 

I apologize if I write not too understandable)

I like yara's idea of being able to pay or reward dancers and DJ's. I do the odd bit of pole-dancing at the Sin Club from time to time and it's always nice to know you're doing a good job of it.

When the xgold was first being tested you could exchange it between players.

That ability was quickly removed after it was clear it was a very, very bad idea.