3DXChat Community

Ideas to expand Chat

Leeloo

I'd love to see PM chat archiving per friend.  When you are meeting lots of people and chatting in PM about whatever, it can become difficult to later remember who was who, and in particular, who said what.  The ability to read and review previous chats (perhaps grouped by date of pm session per friend) would be really useful.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

One could always replace the roleplaying channel with a event announcement channel, to try to reduce the user room Commercial spams/advertisements in World. It might help keep World Down to more as a social small talk place, with a seperate channel to put in user room advertisements for those WHO want to keep tabs on whats happening in user room area.

• 1 month later...

I didn't read through all 40 pages, I imagine this has already been asked for...but any chance of having a longer chat log/chat buffer in game?  It's weird only being able to see the last 20 messages.  I'm used to most online games letting you scroll back and see all the messages in each tab that have been there since you logged in.  When a tab is busy, it's very easy to miss things. 

It's just text, it shouldn't take much memory or processing power to just store it all and let you scroll back to see any of it.  Or at least a much, much larger chat buffer than what there is now.

Edited by Achilles
post moved in the right topic

No idea if this has been mentioned - strangely I haven't read all the previous posts - but one thing I dislike is people in-game feeling that they have to tread lightly when I'm dancing with someone else. What happens is someone will say to me 'Oh I see you're busy, I'll leave you alone' and I'm like no honestly I can manage two or more conversations at once!

However maybe sometimes I don't want to be disturbed so how about the option for us to switch the colour of our avi names to indicate our state of play:

Eg green = free to chat, red = in private so not now thanks, yellow = afk. While we wouldn't see our own colour (unless displayed somehow on a button or something), everyone else would and would know whether it's a good time to chat.

Now if that's not a stunningly great idea and an easy one to implement, I don't know what is!

No idea if this has been mentioned - strangely I haven't read all the previous posts - but one thing I dislike is people in-game feeling that they have to tread lightly when I'm dancing with someone else. What happens is someone will say to me 'Oh I see you're busy, I'll leave you alone' and I'm like no honestly I can manage two or more conversations at once!

However maybe sometimes I don't want to be disturbed so how about the option for us to switch the colour of our avi names to indicate our state of play:

Eg green = free to chat, red = in private so not now thanks, yellow = afk. While we wouldn't see our own colour (unless displayed somehow on a button or something), everyone else would and would know whether it's a good time to chat.

Now if that's not a stunningly great idea and an easy one to implement, I don't know what is!

great!!! i loved it thumbs up :)

• 3 weeks later...

it definetly needs chat with friends option...i log in and i cat talk with them until i meet them

You bring up your friends list, and click their name in the list, which then will show up their profile to the right and a button "Private Message" click it and it will open up the private chat. If thats not working then something must be wrong or you are suffering from the interface bug for profiles where it locks up and can't click profiles, which then if you select "Change Character" to relog, it will fix it for you. :)

There are so many ways to increase the chat feature within the game.   Allow the scrolling of the chat box to go back until you logged in, when clicking on the Exit PM or the X have an ask feature to make sure that we want to close that PM so we don't close it on accident, same could be said when in private.  I can go on but I think anyone that uses chat functions know the options and they are easy to implement.

• 1 month later...

I think it has benefits, to link the 3dxchat-profiles with the 3dxforum-profiles. There can be stored all PM messages in forum Messenger, if you for example offline in the chat. All friends requests can also be
stored there, then I can decide later if I want to accept these or not. This will be helpfull for all people, hwo have problems with the stability of the 3dxChat. All PM Messages and friendsrequests are saved.
If this can not be linked, it would be good, if we can achieve this within the 3dxChat :) 

I hope you understand what I mean in my english :D 

Just a thought may not directly have anything to do with chat as such but relate to it instead, but how about making it possible to assign moods for your profile.

In mood for: Socializing, Partying, Dancing, A quickie or Flirting etc..

Wouldn't it help if it were possible to assign moods in profile or just after your name chat or visually in-world, think it would make it easier finding people around that has common interest at given moments. Would reduce i imagine some the advances when you don't feel like you're interested at all and just want to socialize, but also make it easier for new people to initiate some communications when they know what you're interested in at the moment.

What you think?

Just a thought may not directly have anything to do with chat as such but relate to it instead, but how about making it possible to assign moods for your profile.

In mood for: Socializing, Partying, Dancing, A quickie or Flirting etc..

Wouldn't it help if it were possible to assign moods in profile or just after your name chat or visually in-world, think it would make it easier finding people around that has common interest at given moments. Would reduce i imagine some the advances when you don't feel like you're interested at all and just want to socialize, but also make it easier for new people to initiate some communications when they know what you're interested in at the moment.

What you think?

wouldnt be a bad idea..But would ruin the.."hunting" a bit.However...i can imagine how "busy" a girl can be with 100messages...

Trust me though..You will still have them..no matter what :)

wouldnt be a bad idea..But would ruin the.."hunting" a bit.However...i can imagine how "busy" a girl can be with 100messages...

Trust me though..You will still have them..no matter what :)

Could always make a option up in chat click on bar that allow you to hide other users moods for you, so wouldn't be a issue if you did that. But i get what you're saying  :D

What would also be helpful in the chat, is to see who is online or who is offline. I mean not the friends in the friendslist. Much more the PM-chats.
For example: When i'm afk and i get a PM-message, then i can only respond when i'm back. But when i not see the AVA in the room, so i don't know whether the NICK is currently online
, or perhaps offline. When the NICK is already offline, so my respond will never seen and read.
With a colored dot next to the Nickname i see for example green=online, red=offline, yellow=afk 

Its only a little thing but makes a lot easier :)

To save PM-Messages see my other Post in this topic ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I know that this option is possible on other similar games.

But, in my experience is than this option is very few used in fact.

3DXChat is not a meet web site, it's an adulte game where we "live" our fantasies and we have peasure to chat together without "drama", i think that VOIP is not the best feature wanted by players for that.

If some player want to speak together, they can use skype (or other)

I prefere than developpers work on other feature than VOIP, it will be better.

I give LaurentFR right.

I was few years in Clubcooee (this is also a 3D-Chat but without Sex), and always more people there use Teamspeak.
The writing chat was neglected. Thats why i have leaved clubcooee.

If an voip option is implemented in 3DXChat the chat become increasingly silent
This is not good for the game

I'm surprised I havn't seen anyone suggest a VOIP option. Some other sites have this option, most people are a lot more comfortable keeping voice chat in game rather than having Skype or something open in the background.

You dont see this suggestion in this thread because this thread is about the Chat window . But i think someone asked it in another topic.