3DXChat Community

Death Announcements

Shanti

181 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree to stop death announcements on this forum and lock the existing ones ?

• Yes
    • No

Valid and fair, and also the most obvious result. It is far far too difficult to even remotely try and validate the death of a person, even more so here as no matter how much you think you know a person, do you really know them as well as you think.

Β 

It is not something to be taken lightly and a sex forum no matter how diverse is the last place to be posting the sad news of someone's passing, fake or otherwise.

10000% Agreed.

Β 

This kind of thing always made me wonder: is it a true death or are they killing an avi?

Β 

I'm sorry but as far as I know no one from my rl knows that I'm playing this game. And honestly I wouldn't leave a letter or any instructions to someone of my family come here and post about my death if I died... Especially because they all see me like a good and innocent girl... Lol. Sorry if I sound blunt but it's the truth.

Death to Death announcements!

Β 

See? I am clever.

Β 

As to reply to Paloma,

I know few people who share this game let's say with roomate or so. But I think most of people here are young and have not written will or letter as they aren't prepared as death can be sudden thing.

While death is tragic, this kind of topic cannot be allowed because for every 1 true death announcement you have 10 fakes one looking for attention.

Β 

My second problem with this is that death is private matter. What good it is posting on forums?

I personally do not want R.I.P from people I don't know and I also believe they are evil people who would laugh at it without posting or even post out of spite like " she deserved it"

Β 

If something would happen to me, then yes I want few people to know, but those are far and few and I know them for year or longer here and no one else have right to know.

• 4 weeks later...

10000% Agreed.

Β 

This kind of thing always made me wonder: is it a true death or are they killing an avi?

Β 

I'm sorry but as far as I know no one from my rl knows that I'm playing this game. And honestly I wouldn't leave a letter or any instructions to someone of my family come here and post about my death if I died... Especially because they all see me like a good and innocent girl... Lol. Sorry if I sound blunt but it's the truth.

Β 

Β 

Β 

well that pretty much sums it up tbh and it couldnt be said better .. a few ppl out there know why this makes me angry these daysΒ 

• 4 months later...

Absolutely, Faking your own death is sick and demented. anyone who does that really needs help. I can understand if your hurt and in pain but to put people thro thinking you are dead and your not is really sick. It's selfish.

Β 

Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  E

Absolutely, Faking your own death is sick and demented. anyone who does that really needs help.

Β 

fingerpointing-300x300.jpg

Β 

Β 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNLCF6eOsRQ

Β 

Β 

Β 

The most lies you will get to hear will be during a war, before an election, after the hunt or after fishing and at 3DX - Bismarck/Chaostika

Β 

hrk.gif

Β 

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1167-in-memoriam-vanessaxxx/?p=63204

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

oh id like to announce that me pet cockroach died today .. ill miss him he was good company for me in 3dx .. please feel sorry for me and post so i can sit here stroking my dick at all the attaention ill getΒ 

Β 

Β 

lol its the lamest thing in the world ... and here is a tip .. nodoby actually gives a shit .. sorry its true 10 years or so 500 000 ppl were killied in the worst sunami in history .. whats did the world do .. shruged and carried onΒ 

Β 

just sayingΒ 

oh id like to announce that me pet cockroach died today .. ill miss him he was good company for me in 3dx .. please feel sorry for me and post so i can sit here stroking my dick at all the attaention ill getΒ 

Β 

Β 

lol its the lamest thing in the world ... and here is a tip .. nodoby actually gives a shit .. sorry its true 10 years or so 500 000 ppl were killied in the worst sunami in history .. whats did the world do .. shruged and carried onΒ 

Β 

just sayingΒ 

He didnt die, My hamster ate him

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I wasnt aware of this topic and am now. It was before my time.

Β 

The recent announcement concerning a very dear friend, however is genuine, confirmed by several of his friends and the police department.

Β 

People who fake and announce deathsΒ  are in a class of their own and people can judge them as they see fit.Β  I do understand and do not condone this behaviour.... ever.

Β 

This guy is exceptional though. Due to this guy's popularity,Β  rocking the place every saturday night to a packed house in his own clubs and others, this seemed to be a good place to inform and reach out to all his friends. Many of whom, I do not know personally.

Β 

Whether people agree or not to such topics, in this case, it is appropriate and people can leave their messages of condolences to one of the finest DJ's in 3dxChat.Β 

Β 

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/8814-dj-shovelhead-aka-jersey-rip-our-friend/Β 

I personally dont think its stupid to remember someone who has passed.Β  Β 

In fact, it seems a fitting way to remember them online in the games forum as that is how we met ... online in the game and in forum.Β  Β But I respect other members views.

Β 

Isnt it a shame though, that ours were not respected.

Β 

Isnt it a shame that a topic of remembrance was removed, without notification, without due notice to save anything that may have been wished to keep.

Β 

Isnt it a shame that even though the topic was in memory of another who gave so much of this community,

and was clearly headed in the subject heading, so it could not be mistaken for something else,

it could not be passed over by a member was not interested in the subject and could easily move on to the topic that did interest them.

Β 

Isnt it a shame that there was an insistance for it to be removed, even a complaint possibly sent to support. God forbid the offence this topic has caused! And without one bad word being said.

Β 

Well congratulations... you succeeded.Β  The topic has been removed & deleted from forum.Β  Β Well done you.Β 

Β 

Standing ovation to all the members who objected to a topic celebrating an online life of a member...and who was not able to just .... move on to the next topic.Β Β 

And dont forget, this passing was not a sick hoax, this was confiirmed by 3 independant members and the local police force.

Β 

Yay you!!!Β  Β 

Β 

tenor.gif?itemid=7973299

For the record, when I die (hopefully not for a while yet!), I would like an announcement and for friends in this community to be able to express their feelings.

Β 

It seems that won't be possible now though. I think that's a shame because friendships and value of each other can be real and can be strong regardless of the medium through which we meet.

Β 

I didn't know the person that was the subject of the recent announcement, but I read the thread and I thought the tributes from those that knew him were heartfelt and a fitting way to express feelings of loss and an appreciation of the person. It seemed to me that such an announcement about a popular community character within the community that he chose to spend his time and from the friends that he chose to make was entirely appropriate.

Β 

I can't speak about fake announcements because I can honestly say that after several years of regularly visiting this forum, I can't ever remember seeing any. If I did I must have quietly dismissed them as fake and forgotten them, so I wasn't aware of there being a problem.

Β 

I am saddened for the friends of the community DJ that was the subject of the recent announcement that their tributes and expressions of loss have been deleted.

The problem with giving exceptions to the rule for β€œprominent people” is that soon the rule will becomes meaning less. I personally don’t want to see death announcements on the forum regardless of whether they are real or fake. Its sad hearing about them even if you never knew that person. Death is a private thing, and not something to be celebrated especially in a case like this where family members have no involvement. I don't think anyone really knows what he or they would want in the case of his death. I have already heard in the game that he died from two different causes pneumonia, and complication from an operation, so all types of rumors are being started about it. It feels like some people are trying to exploit his death to push their own viewpoints. There is a reason why in real life funerals are invitation only. I don’t see why people here cant follow that precedent instead of promoting public events.

When someone dies it is usual and comforting to celebrate their life (not their death). Invitations to funerals often include the words "...celebrate the life of...".

Β 

It is factually incorrect to say that in real life funerals are by invitation only, although there may be different precedents in different countries or cultures. Funerals are usually open affairs unless the family specifically request that it should be by invitation only. Admittedly we are unlikely to know what the family's wishes are for our 3dx members, but even in cases when funerals are private it is usually acceptable for non-invitees to make their own arrangements to celebrate the life of the deceased and pay their tributes. The funerals I have been to have all been attended by ex. colleagues, neighbours and other associates (e.g. shop keepers) of the deceased that the family could not possibly all know personally to send invites to. It is one reason why death and funeral announcements are traditionally made in newspapers. The forum here is like our community's newspaper (imho).

Β 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yours.co.uk/relationships/bereavement/articles/your-funeral-etiquette-questions-answered%3fformat=amp

2.10. Discussion of disciplinary actions, or any other sanction bans made by facilitator or administration in all game channels and / or forum is prohibited. This category includes creating comments or threads on the forum to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character, account (forum and / or game) using chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a forum moderator or Developer.

When someone dies it is usual and comforting to celebrate their life (not their death). Invitations to funerals often include the words "...celebrate the life of...".

Β 

It is factually incorrect to say that in real life funerals are by invitation only, although there may be different precedents in different countries or cultures. Funerals are usually open affairs unless the family specifically request that it should be by invitation only. Admittedly we are unlikely to know what the family's wishes are for our 3dx members, but even in cases when funerals are private it is usually acceptable for non-invitees to make their own arrangements to celebrate the life of the deceased and pay their tributes. The funerals I have been to have all been attended by ex. colleagues, neighbours and other associates (e.g. shop keepers) of the deceased that the family could not possibly all know personally to send invites to. It is one reason why death and funeral announcements are traditionally made in newspapers. The forum here is like our community's newspaper (imho).

Β 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yours.co.uk/relationships/bereavement/articles/your-funeral-etiquette-questions-answered%3fformat=amp

If you`ll write about each death in the newspaper,this newspaper will turn into "Death News". First time I hearΒ  about celebrating someone`s life after someone`s death. Our forum is not a place for death news. I totally agree with Niblette. Someone's death is a reason to come for close friends(and forΒ  friends from job, it is fair), family, etc. But people in here trying to make a party, brothel, advertise Djs by any reason, in a name of someone who already died. How this is selfish. Are you in your mind people? Forum is a public place and by this reason we don`t want to see death topics day by day, of someone we may didn`t know. If you are civilized and adequate people, you have to understand it.

No! This poll should be like a reminder. So, this can be closed, but should not be deleted.

How is a poll a reminder? That would have been via a reference to the rules. A poll is asking people if they agree with one of the rules and implicitely therefore the action taken to remove one of threads that contravened the rules.

Β 

If we have a rule then I agree it should be enforced, now I am aware of it. But at the same time if I see a post that seems to be factually incorrect in an attempt to support a particular argument, then I am going to feel inclined to call it out in the interests of truth and balance.

Mainstream and local newspapers alike have traditionally carried a "Births, Deaths and Marriages" announcement section for virtually as long as newspapers have existed.

You could create your own newspaper and bring it in private message to people who knew him? From heart to heart. Forum is a public place, too much public for death news. We living in different countries, not only in "Near London". So have a little respect to people around you.