3DXChat Community

Death Announcements

Shanti

181 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree to stop death announcements on this forum and lock the existing ones ?

• Yes
    • No

The issue is most, not all arent even real. They are attention grabs Sorry but when someone posts about a death an hour after it happens it raises a red flag. lets all be honest, how many here know each other in real. at least well enough to even get that info so quick

Not only that but if a loved one passed and some bozo posted it on a forum, I wouldnt be happy. Not his or her place to do so. 

I don't consider a fake obituary in good taste or reverent. Let's not argue the same point RobT. I doubt one of my cousins would even think to look into my PC and see these forums and decide to tell yall I am gone. Unless I specifically asked for it. Kind of hard to do in most cases but it is possible. My opinion is still, so long as they are done tastefully and reverently then i see no problem with it. .

Guest RobT

not arguing at all. I guess i just dont see the need for it. I guess my whole thing is this, There is a time and place for everything and i just dont see a sex site as a place for it. Just my view, Everyone may think differently and thats fine

not arguing at all. I guess i just dont see the need for it. I guess my whole thing is this, There is a time and place for everything and i just dont see a sex site as a place for it. Just my view, Everyone may think differently and thats fine

Nobody's disagreeing with you on that point. What we're discussing here is whether or not it's okay to censor harmless forum content. 

Either people will see the death announcement as just another BS fake, or the person posting it will actually have proof. Either case is harmless.

Guest RobT

I dont see it as harmless, Perfect example is once such fake death where the girls man in game took it very hard. Im pretty sure he didnt find it harmless

Guest RobT

But i get your point, I just dont agree its harmless. Different strokes for different folks..  ty for your replies

Okay, sure that's harmful. So then why don't they just discipline the individual who made that claim? They're clearly not mature enough to handle a sex game in the first place. The developers have full power and rights to ban anyone from the game for any reason, and it's high time that they start exercising that right when necessary. There's no reason why there should be a global ban on all death notices just because a few people abused the privilege. That's called collective punishment and it's not a good thing by any means. This should be handled on an individual basis in my opinion. 

Sorry for the guy who was hurt by those false claims. Honestly though, he shouldn't be so gullible. And if someone cares this dearly about another member, they should probably have other forms of contact. Maybe communication through Skype, a Facebook, or a phone number. I agree giving out personal information isn't a good idea, but why the heck are people beating themselves up over the supposed deaths of strangers they hardly know on the internet. Just my two cents. 

Guest RobT

Okay, sure that's harmful. So then why don't they just discipline the individual who made that claim? They're clearly not mature enough to handle a sex game in the first place. The developers have full power and rights to ban anyone from the game for any reason, and it's high time that they start exercising that right when necessary. There's no reason why there should be a global ban on all death notices just because a few people abused the privilege. That's called collective punishment and it's not a good thing by any means. This should be handled on an individual basis in my opinion. 

Sorry for the guy who was hurt by those false claims. Honestly though, he shouldn't be so gullible. And if someone cares this dearly about another member, they should probably have other forms of contact. Maybe communication through Skype, a Facebook, or a phone number. I agree giving out personal information isn't a good idea, but why the heck are people beating themselves over the acclaimed deaths of strangers they hardly know on the internet. Just my two cents. 

to piggyback that, Why are people posting death notices of people they barely know? cant have it both ways. I will shut up on the topic now. Spoke my peace. I get that you view it as not being something that should be censored but i feel that if its a lie and it hurts even one person, thats one too many

Like I said, nobody disagrees with you, it is indeed silly. But that's a generalization. Not every single circumstance is going to be the same, and this poll is suggesting a GLOBAL ban on all death notices regardless of whether they're real, fake, have proof, don't have proof, or are authored by a person who does or doesn't know/care about the person who supposedly died. God forbid, they could even have a newspaper clipping containing the official legal obituary, and this new rule would still disallow it. It bans all freedom to speak of death on the forum indiscriminately. It's not fair to those who actually have a legitimate situation. 

Consider a scenario where a couple meet on 3DX, fall in love, get married, move in together, and one of them gets cancer. She has 2 months to live, and can post about her experience on here all she wants. Videos, blogs, stories about her battle with cancer. But ya know what? The moment she dies, nobody is allowed to talk about it. Because this bullshit rule says it's not allowed. 

Again, this is suggesting a GLOBAL indiscriminate ban on ALL death announcements. Until they revise that to make exceptions, I call shenanigans. 

Voted yes because i dont see where is the censorship on this . If someone want advert his/her friends , he/she can do it in game or in PM . And if the friend come to read the forum , he/she can read private messages too .

Or , option 2 , like for fake women , peoples could ask a verification system for fake death , and i think devs have better work to do than that :)

Guest Doll

Y'know what...I was always sceptical of these...I was never sure why and I always felt bad for feeling that way so I welcome their removal if people are proving me right and faking them.

That's pretty low...they made me so sad to think it was real and it's just a nasty trick to elicit that...and why...because u want to retire a character and can't do it the honest way?

Having said that I always hated people posting leaving threads then coming back because I thought it was just attention seeking...

*falls off her pedestal* ;)

Post scriptum :

Hint for the ones that want leave the game , or create a new avatar etc etc ...

In place of doing a fake death , group your friends in a room , say "i leave" , and erase your avatar . Even if you stay in game , its better than tell your friends that you are dead .

There was in no way mention of this being added to the actual rules of the forum, and calling it downright censorship is quite the overstatement, since the whole purpose of this poll was to give the decision to the community itself.

As mentionned, death is a delicate matter. Having it on a forum like this one, takes away from the purpose and the grief, and leaves the door open for suspicions and trolling. Then "if" proved to be wrong, it creates a whole sense of anger and uneasiness to all aware of the situation or the ones coming accross these posts. In that case, would it fall into an abuse category ?

Many fallouts on the subject are still going on within the community, which is why it was requested not to post any names or specific situations in here, and also the reason that prompted this poll.

In my personal opinion, I'd  say that I'd prefer to be warned of a death privately, than stumble upon a public topic randomly.

It's called Munchausen by Internet, and Munchausen by Proxy by Internet. You can read about it here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3510683/ It's a long article, but I think it describes the issue well. The important thing to know about Munchausen by Internet/by Proxy is the potential impact it has on the people who are duped. It can do very real damage to the people who want to believe. Close friends, lovers, etc.

In my opinion, not allowing these people the stage of being able to unleash their narcissistic, sadistic fantasies on us is the right thing to do. If they want to wreck their internet friends lives, let them do it somewhere else. There are plenty of other places for them to get their jollies on the internet. It's worth sacrificing the announcement from the one person who might honestly die and want his family to let his friends on the sex game's forum know about it.

I mean, seriously... I know my family will not be posting to the fucking sex game's forum to let them know I passed away. 

There was in no way mention of this being added to the actual rules of the forum, and calling it downright censorship is quite the overstatement, since the whole purpose of this poll was to give the decision to the community itself.

As mentionned, death is a delicate matter. Having it on a forum like this one, takes away from the purpose and the grief, and leaves the door open for suspicions and trolling. Then "if" proved to be wrong, it creates a whole sense of anger and uneasiness to all aware of the situation or the ones coming accross these posts. In that case, would it fall into an abuse category ?

Many fallouts on the subject are still going on within the community, which is why it was requested not to post any names or specific situations in here, and also the reason that prompted this poll.

In my personal opinion, I'd  say that I'd prefer to be warned of a death privately, than stumble upon a public topic randomly.

Exactly. In the case of trolling posts would have to be removed and people would scream censorship in that case. Who knows if a person would even want such an announcement on this forum. It is a private matter.

Well, despite being new in the game, I know a couple of case that fake or true deaths, their announcements were used and abused. Nevertheless, it is disrespectful to the deceased and even more so to their friends who still have to to linger around after their loss.

With 101 votes in favor against 15,  the decision has been validated.

As of today, and accordingly to this poll, all new death announcement topics will be deleted from the forum, and previously existing ones will be locked to prevent further comments.

Apologies go to the people who didn't want to lose this option.

Thanks you all for your votes and involvement.

:)

With 101 votes in favor against 15,  the decision has been validated.

As of today, and accordingly to this poll, all new death announcement topics will be deleted from the forum, and previously existing ones will be locked to prevent further comments.

Apologies go to the people who didn't want to lose this option.

Thanks you all for your votes and involvement.

:)

vIhMl9s4Ko8.jpg       finally_logo_tn.png