3DXChat Community

Death Announcements

Shanti

181 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree to stop death announcements on this forum and lock the existing ones ?

• Yes
    • No

Edit 20/05/2015 : Decision has been validated after a massive response from community in favor of preventing death announcement topics on this forum.

Hello,

Death announcement is a very sensitive matter, as opposed to weddings/birthdays.

This sensitive matter has to be dealt with cautiously, because nobody can be sure 100% and check the veracity of the statement on this virtual platform. It is bound to dramas and unnecessary fallouts, as many of you have probably saw play out during their times on forum/game.

The intent of this poll is to stop any future death announcement topics, as well as locking the existing ones to prevent further comments on them.

Death is a very delicate matter, better cared for privately than out in the open. Because such posts will be always looked at with suspicions.

Of course this doesn't stop you from mourning your loved ones, which can be done in game, and with our tight community word will spread fast enough. But words written on a public forum will bring unwanted issues.

All of us are concerned by this matter, so we are leaving the decision into your hands.

Thank You.

This is an informative poll, about a decision we need to make together, please do not add any names or state specific situations, such comments will be deleted immediately.

Edit : A minimum of 50 votes is required for decision to be validated, whether positive or negative.

Guest RobT

This may not be popular but i am going to say it anyway... Death is a very private matter between ones family and close friends . Its a time of great sorrow and reflection and does not belong in the forums of a sex game. IMHO  doing so is pretty much an attention grab. Just my opinion on the matter. Not to mention some arent even true which is pretty disgusting.

I think also the death of an love human, a friend or a Boyfriend/ Girlfriend is very private and should not be a part in a Online Community!

The next is no one know really in our Community what's true and what is a fake.

Let a Avatar die and prepare a new Avatar needs no Condolences, someone who fake a death of a human should know that this not a topic is for fun or as part of the Game  :angry:  :(

All where this did should be ashamed!

I vote with 100% for yes :)

I think also the death of an love human, a friend or a Boyfriend/ Girlfriend is very private and should not be a part in a Online Community!

The next is no one know really in our Community what's true and what is a fake.

Let a Avatar die and prepare a new Avatar needs no Condolences, someone who fake a death of a human should know that this not a topic is for fun or as part of the Game  :angry:  :(

All where this did should be ashamed!

I vote with 100% for yes :)

You read my mind <3

Yes from me .

This action had been discussed about by Achilles, MrAsh, Skar and I, and we all agreed it was best to let the decision up to the community.

According to the votes, I think it's safe to assume that  a majority of the community agrees with this.

Just in all fairness, since this poll has been up for only few hours, we'll leave it open a day or two more, to allow other members to vote as well, before acting on it.

Thank you all for handling this in a positive manner in your responses.

:)

I vote yes, as I think most of the current DA's were attentionseeking fakes and dont really belong in a game like this.

The loss of a friend / family member is a horrible thing, and if people still want to moan their losses with their Online Friends, they can met up in game still. Theres always more discrete ways of letting your close friends know.

My 2 cents.

Great Shanti. If the post is really has died I feel very sorry. It is too bad it has happened. And my thoughts are with the family.

But it is very sad when someone is tired of their avi that they feel like making a new on and saying the other has "Died" well that's going a bit far.

My vote on this is of course yes! This should not happen anymore.

Oh yeah, great. Yes please add more to the forum censorship that everyone was literally just bitching about a few days ago. I agree that faking death announcements is a pretty shitty idea, but it doesn't need to be censored. Why forfeit your own freedom? If you really want to prove whether someone is lying about this or not, check their IP address, and THEN take action against them. Don't strip away this basic human right of informing others. Especially in the case where someone's dear friend may have actually died and the only way for them to find out is through such an announcement. Some day when I'm older, many of my long-term online friends will die. How will I know this, when such talk is forbidden? Freedom of speech people...

Guest RobT

I don't see a problem with them so long as they are handled with taste and reverence.

The issue is most, not all arent even real. They are attention grabs Sorry but when someone posts about a death an hour after it happens it raises a red flag. lets all be honest, how many here know each other in real. at least well enough to even get that info so quick

Not only that but if a loved one passed and some bozo posted it on a forum, I wouldnt be happy. Not his or her place to do so. 

Guest RobT

And as far as it taking away peoples Freedom... Freedom doesnt give you the right to prey on anothers good heart and emotions by posting stuff that half the time isnt even fact. Its actually pretty sick

Not everyone will agree and i respect that, Just my opinion. have a great day

And as far as it taking away peoples Freedom... Freedom doesnt give you the right to prey on anothers good heart and emotions by posting stuff that half the time isnt even fact. Its actually pretty sick

Not everyone will agree and i respect that, Just my opinion. have a great day

If the majority of people vote for this because they know that most of these deaths are fake, then wouldn't that mean the majority of people already know full well how to handle this? If they know it's most likely fake, why would they be sad about it? And if they're not sad about it, why is it an issue? It simply isn't. The only reason why the poll is winning is because it's such an innocent and logical proposal until you really think about it and see how silly it is. It's so much easier to just say "yep, sounds good to me!" 

At any rate why are people even making fake death announcements? They can simply log out of their character, delete it, and never play it again. They have nothing to lose. No way of being traced. It's absolutely redundant to even suggest that the player died, so honestly I can't even see this being an common occurring issue. (though this topic seems to suggest it is.)