3DXChat Community

Death Announcements

Shanti

181 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree to stop death announcements on this forum and lock the existing ones ?

• Yes
    • No

I am sorry I have found myself in yet another tiff with Mar Mohan in here and I apologise to everyone for it happening yet again.

For those that are interested in how they all start and have read her last comment where she again is trying to accuse me of starting it I suggest you back and look at where it started, where she quoted my post when I had not mentioned her at all before hand.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1691-death-announcements/?p=343581

Then see how I was still rather civil to her in my posts after that only dis agreeing with what she had said.

Read through what was said by both of us and pay particular attention to her post "post 156", where she actually says she is going to have a go at me.

But yet again she is trying to convince everyone I am the one that started it and won't let her post anything without starting something, when in fact it is always the other way around.

Oh please go back to where you were addressing me without using my name.  So you call me ignorant as being civil.  Good grief you really need to get over yourself here.  Please do read through because you started this shit against me when I never mentioned you even after a couple of times you directed your reply to me but not by my name.  So again play the innocent act, you're good at that.  http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1691-death-announcements/?p=343573 So try that shit with someone else.  You can't say it was directed at Vaughan_Rarius.  So again where did I start it against you, I didn't.  Here is my reply:  http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1691-death-announcements/?p=343581 which was after you attacked me.  It's laughable how you're trying to act like you didn't start shit when you did.  That's very clear and anyone can see that.  Adding:  Your attack on me was at 143, the link I posted above, so make sure you point that out next time.  Do everyone in this thread a favor and stop making attacks at other users because you don't like them.  I've been respectful even when you attacked me, it's only then did I speak up as anyone would.

Edited by Mar Mohan

Oh please go back to where you were addressing me without using my name.  So you call me ignorant as being civil.  Good grief you really need to get over yourself here.  Please do read through because you started this shit against me when I never mentioned you even after a couple of times you directed your reply to me but not by my name.  So again play the innocent act, you're good at that.  http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1691-death-announcements/?p=343573 So try that shit with someone else.  You can't say it was directed at Vaughan_Rarius.  So again where did I start it against you, I didn't.  Here is my reply:  http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1691-death-announcements/?p=343581 which was after you attacked me.  It's laughable how you're trying to act like you didn't start shit when you did.  That's very clear and anyone can see that.  Adding:  Your attack on me was at 143, the link I posted above, so make sure you point that out next time.  Do everyone in this thread a favor and stop making attacks at other users because you don't like them.  I've been respectful even when you attacked me, it's only then did I speak up as anyone would.

For starters it was arrogance I said, not ignorance, and that should be obvious it was directed at Vaughn_Rarius, especially if people go back further and see where I was actually addressing him with something very similar.

As for the rest, I rest my case, I am sure people will see what has really gone on.

For starters it was arrogance I said, not ignorance, and that should be obvious it was directed at Vaughn_Rarius, especially if people go back further and see where I was actually addressing him with something very similar.

As for the rest, I rest my case, I am sure people will see what has really gone on.

You still were being ignorant towards me, that's very clear.  I was the only one commenting at that point in time.  When I quoted you, did you correct me and say it was directed at him, fuck no you didn't.  Again it proves that it was directed at me not him.  So try to rest you case but you, yes you, are the one who didn't say anything otherwise that it wasn't against me as I was the one replying and stating exactly what you were covering in your post, not him.  So try the bullshit on someone else.

I'll point it out so others can clearly see that it was my replies from this post on that you were replying to because the little go back and forth with Vaughan_Rarius ended already on that very same page.  http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1691-death-announcements/?p=343402 Vaughan_Rarius last post in that bit was 106, yours was 109 then you posted on 122 as a general post not directed at anyone but the topic.  The only post Vaughan_Rarius last post I pointed out to his next which was 150 after your post to me and my reply.  So where again was it directed at him because what you addressed in 143 was what I had spoke about.  It now clearly shows that I was not the one who started this and it's time to move on.

Not disrespectful at all. I just disagree with your viewpoint. . /not only mine. here was a lot of who disagree. 

Several times I have asked let us be. We post and if you diagree just skip over it. / the name of the topic already readable. I wrote it all the time, but you don`t have any arguments.

Count the posts hun, its you who has posted more than I in this topic, So that suggests you are not done with it yet.   / Is it important how many times I posted in here? You can`t understand some simple things, so you can wait more from me. In this topic not only you or me have an opinion.

As for pointing out the topic, of course, I think more people should vote, but I doubt that many will. /because most of them think that any death is a personal, private matter.

Most wish to enjoy forum and the game with no drama. They do not wish to get involved with a debate. Lets face it, already ones who disagree here have been shouted down. / let`s face what you doing. Your "friend" is dead. You and someone open a room named "brothel..." . Why did you open a brothel? You could name it in normal way like a "A DAY of MEMORIES..." or something like that. You made a topic. People said, don`t do this old fashioned crap, here is a poll, look. You tried to argue. Very respectful. Thank you. After all you tried to mislead people by pointing on one reason(why death announcements isn't ok) you was pointing only on this, but you passed by other reasons.. all the time. 

I also think its more than just about death anouncements, its also about freedom of speech and censorship / Excuse me, your freedom is disrespectful to others. Seems only this argument you have in your pocket. You want to do everything you want?  Maybe you want to kill someone or something worse? Are you in your mind?

And after all, you pushing your "friends" and some kind people who don`t  know what was happening some years ago, and what could happen, to vote as You want. 
I don`t want your excuses and seems no one wants, this is a wrong way you started.

Not acceptable.

I didnt start anything. You talk as though I'm causing some kind of war. That is ridiculous.

And I havent done anything wrong.

I havent broke any laws or rules.

I just happen to have a different viewpoint to you.

So you can shout and scream and keep saying whatever it is you want to to make me the bad guy in this, you can twist my words and quote snippets out of context as much as you want.

and  people can read this topic and vote how they wish, if they want to.

Fact remains... I dont agree with you.

"The First Amendment freedoms give us the right to think what we like and say what we please. And if we the people are to govern ourselves, we must have these rights, even if they are misused by a minority."

On that note...the thread was removed then put back in place but whatever devs or moderators handle these forums right? They must have deemed it within the tos then. Nothing else really matters when deciding what you choose to post really. All the nastiness will certainly have it removed. I'm sure that's the point though. People can't get what they want one way, so they find another. Everyone taking the bait should think about this..

The on that note part was directed towards niblettes post about this being a private forum and it having rules. Not the nastiness part..I wasn't directing that yo her at all.

I didnt start anything. You talk as though I'm causing some kind of war. That is ridiculous. / You did. After your post was deleted, you screamed a lot in here. After your post was reposted, you sai "no revolution". What sort of revolution you wanted to make in here?

And I havent done anything wrong. / oh, really. Why do people disagree with you?

I havent broke any laws or rules. /I said many times, yes, you havent lol oh my

I just happen to have a different viewpoint to you. / it`s ok, not only with me, don`t forget, with many.

So you can shout and scream and keep saying whatever it is you want to to make me the bad guy in this, you can twist my words and quote snippets out of context as much as you want. / Did I shout or scream? How did you notice it *shouuuting!* *smiling!* omg. Do you have any real argument except that I pointing exactly on special part of your phrase in quote? Where did I twist your words? Where did I "quote snippets out of context"? Don`t lie, show me that.

and  people can read this topic and vote how they wish, if they want to.  / ah, realy!? so you changed your opinion, right. Who did ask people to vote "NO please"?  No, not you. You are not bad. You so kind person. Alright. Agreed. 

Fact remains... I dont agree with you.   / it is ok

"The First Amendment freedoms give us the right to think what we like and say what we please. And if we the people are to govern ourselves, we must have these rights, even if they are misused by a minority.

• James Madison, President of the United States

“I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.”  - Oscar Wilde

I can find a lot of phrases of presidents or people I don`t agree. It changes nothing.

ps: The First Amendment has exceptions you didn`t say about. How fair, didn`t you think that we living  not in usa. We are different, we are inside 3dxchat forum with their own rules and atmophere.

Edited by ExHaran

For the last 4 years there has been very few death notice posts created in this forum, and there I mean deaths of players in the game, there has been threads created about deaths of well known celebrities.

I feel the reason for that is because of what was understood from this thread, that the majority of people did not want to have them allowed.

When the thread was first created very much everyone then knew about it and the result.

Because of that we did not see many death threads created for a long time, I feel the decision was past on to others through word of mouth a lot, I know I did exactly that a couple of times.

But having said that I can understand that eventually, like after 4 years there would be a good amount of people would not know about the decisions made.

So it should be understood that Vaughan did not know about this thread and the decisions made when he posted his thread in the first place.

People can go on all they want about it not being made an official rule in the TOS.

It was a decision made and understanding that the majority agreed with and very much everyone accepted and abided by for 4 years.

The death threads did not just stop and have not been appearing because peoples attitudes on the Internet have changed, it was because of the understanding on them created by this thread.

When this last lot of posts started appearing in this thread the count of people saying yes to not allowing the threads was 121, now it is 146, I don't know how many there originally against it.

But as it is only 30 now I would say that recent votes still are very much in favour of them not being allowed.

Now people can choose to respect what this thread has shown or not, but by not doing so they are most definitely not showing respect for what the majority want.

When Vaughan posted his post about shame, where he was saying shame on people for not allowing his thread, he was most definitely not respecting the opinions of the majority.

He may have felt things may have changed in 4 years, but that was only his opinion and does not justify the things he has done.

If he had made a suggestion that he felt things may have changed and asked for peoples opinions, that will have been ok, if he had created a new poll to see if things had changed that will have been ok.

But to just insist his post be allowed the way he did, to slam people for being against it the way he did only goes to show he was putting his opinion above everyone elses.

He has not, and still is not respecting what the majority want.

edited to add…

Just to clarify things.

This post was not directed at Mar Mahon

"The First Amendment freedoms give us the right to think what we like and say what we please. And if we the people are to govern ourselves, we must have these rights, even if they are misused by a minority."

I don't have any horse in this race, and at the end of the day, for the most part, whatever happens on this forum I don't really care.   While I stated my opinion is that "Death Announcements" shouldn't have a place (if I am given a choice) based on my experiences, ultimately whatever is decided upon by whoever is fine by me.  I do me, you do you.

I'd just like to address the above quote briefly, and Vaughan_Rarius, please don't think i'm singling you out.  You're just the latest individual that has mentioned it, and it deserves clarification, so those that continue to debate on this subject (and I won't be one of them) can do so without any misconception.

As with many quotes and actions in history, they need to be looked at within their context of the time, and their purpose.  Setting aside the fact that there are many 3dx users that are not from the United States, and do not have any such protections as our Constitution and the First Amendment.....or their Constitutions may be different, the author of the quote, James Madison isn't speaking about the absolute right to say whatever we want, whenever we want.

Most Americans miss (or choose to ignore) the fact that the First Amendment refers to our right to not have our free speech taken away by Governmental Law.  It also makes protections for our Press that they also not be limited by any governmental law or restriction passed which infringe upon them doing their jobs.  

We Americans tend to have just taken this quote in time's context and the First Amendment as we understand it and apply it to our very own Facebook and Internet heavy lives.  But this view of censorship as spoken about by James Madison (who, btw, was very much suspicious of all governmental interventions....therefore you can see the context of his quote and the time) does not refer to our absolute right to say whatever we want.  Private places like Facebook and internet forums such as these are not covered by the First Amendment.  They are private entities that have the right to "censor" as much as they want about anything you say.  If they want to set a filter and delete every 3rd, 5th, 9th word a person writes, they can do this.  It would be stupid to, lol....and nobody would be here, but they can.  If they wish to delete all discussions on politics, religion, gun control, reproductive rights or whatever other hot button issue out there that gets people's panties in an uproar, they can.

I do get your overall spirit of not wishing to be censored, but it is not a right in here afforded to you by the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States, and thus should be kept out of the debate of this topic.

Carry on and enjoy your weekends :)

ps:  I am retired military and not a constitutional lawyer, so if we have any of them in here and i've bungled some core details of my above understanding, please accept my apologies...lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Ignoring the great tea bagged world leader there seem to be two points here.

The first, and probably the most important, is that discussions such as these are a way of establishing the mores, the rules if you like, of our community. The devs do make changes when they see fit and it is in their interests to take into account what we think. Keep us happy and their revenue will increase, piss us off and revenue will decline. It is important, I think, that these discussions reveal a general concensus for the devs to pick up on.

On the other hand there is no reason why somebody shouldn't use a forum such as this to show respect to a former member. People do it elsewhere.The problem, as I see it, is that there are people around who will use this as just another way to mess with people's heads and to cause conflict, disruption and, sometimes, downright harm.

To my mind it is a topic to be approached with great circumspection and restraint and, possibly, not the best of ideas.