3DXChat Community

Death Announcements

Shanti

181 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree to stop death announcements on this forum and lock the existing ones ?

• Yes
    • No

Twiggy would a death certificate or a police report help you?  Would it make a difference?  I am sure I could get one since it was my call to the cops that had him found....and me they called after notifying next of kin.  So if I could provide that would that do it for ya?  Would I then be able to grieve my best friend as I wish?  Or would that be insulting to you but should not be insulting to me?

Thank you Gizmo and 3DXChat Support.

The topic has been restored so we can post our tributes.

For those who oppose the topic, its clearly stated what it is so you can skip over it.

To be sure, its called   DJ SHOVELHEAD aka JERSEY. RIP Our Friend.     

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/8814-dj-shovelhead-aka-jersey-rip-our-friend/

I hope we can find a peaceful outcome to this and respect each others views now.

Twiggy would a death certificate or a police report help you?  Would it make a difference?  I am sure I could get one since it was my call to the cops that had him found....and me they called after notifying next of kin.  So if I could provide that would that do it for ya?  Would I then be able to grieve my best friend as I wish?  Or would that be insulting to you but should not be insulting to me?

You miss the point, no one would ask for a death certificate or a police report, that would be going way over the top, which is a big part of the reason for Shantis post in the 1st place.

As I said before, there is no real way without going over the top for us all to be sure if any of these death threads are true or not.

For example, one of the threads that started this one off was when someone had also said much the same you are, that they had called the police to get them to check, which was later found out to be all fabrication.

Now don't get me wrong with what I have just said, I am not saying you have fabricated anything, just that we have no way of knowing, and with what has happened in the past there will always be doubt.

No matter who makes a death thread, there will always be some will believe, namely people who know the poster, some who will not believe at all and the majority who will just take it with a grain of salt, like thinking it may be true may be not.

The problem is these threads have always had people post in them declaring them to be bullshit.

For those that are true then the people involved get hurt.

3DXChat is full of dis trust, and you can't blame people for being that way.

Because of certain features being added and other features being taken away it has become a haven for people who like to play games with others, some of which fake deaths with one avi and seek sympathy with another.

Because 3DXChat is set up the way it is it has far more than its share of that type of person, it is just made so easy for them to do what they do.

Hell we are all told and end up telling others not to trust and to stick to our own little groups because of all the games that are played.

Death is to much of a touchy subject to have people posting death threads in these forums, as they will always get negative responses, there will always be people who will not believe, which if a death has really happened will only upset the people who were friends with that person.

Twiggy

How can you say you respect other members views.

In fact you are being insistent that others should respect your view over everyone elses

Shanti created this thread because there were so many threads being posted about deaths, lots of which later were shown to be lies.

I don't know if this one is true or not and that is the problem, we have no way of knowing for sure on any of these death threads.

You say it has been verified by 3 people and a police report, but what you need to realise is that it can still be lies, I don't know those 3 people, and even if I did there is no way I could guarantee what they said is true, I haven't seen any police report.

What makes you feel you have the right to decide if this one is ok or not, who do you think you are, what puts you above everyone else in the forum that you feel should allow you to do what the majority have so clearly shown is not wanted.

Funny how you are now saying that people can just choose not to read when your view on that was completely the opposite when it suited you not to long ago.

Thank you for your comments.

Yes I have asked my views be respected as I respect yours. I am not forcing my views on anyone, in fact it is the reverse.

A decision made by members 4 years ago was forced on me when circumstances were very different. 

You have a choice. You can ignore or skip over a topic you dont like. Regular Forum users do it all the time. /Regular users do this because this is not a death news. This a psychology thing. If you do see a name of a topic that can bring you a bad mood,dramatic wave, you can`t skip it, because you see this in any case. You see the name of the topic. So we don`t have a choice.

My choice has been taken away. I can no longer update members who know him on things or share condolences. I cant read nor post in a topic that paid tribute to him. /what is the problem to make his friends know by private messages? Do you know how it happening? You make know one, this one will do the same and so on. This always happens like this. Everyone who knew him will bring the news to next one. This is not a problem at all. 

There was nothing nasty, unpleasant nor derogatory said at all.  In fact nothing against 3dxchat rules. It was a nice respectful topic. / Any death announcement is prohibited. InFact.

4 years on from the decision taken here, there are now new members on forum.  Others have left , others have joined.  What may have been good reasons then, may have changed now. /This is not important. Most of us don`t want to see this.

Read up, I was not aware of this debate nor the decisions or why death announcements were a touchy subject until after i posted my topic.  

I posted saying this as it was before my time.

The last post here was Oct 2015  until a member dug it out the archives to make a point.

I also explained in the same post why I had posted and why I thought it relevant.

I am not going to argue whether my friends demise is true or not. It's quite callous and I wont be drawn into that.

I'll tell you in private if you really wish to know. 

As a general point though I do understand it and have met dickheads who have played sick role playing of dying, having a terminal illnesses etc... and do not condone that silliness.

If proved on the balance of probabilities then they should be banned from forum for life or the game for all i care.

Their credibility would be shot and any views after not worth an ounce of salt. /not true. they creating new accounts and do the same.

That being said though, every case should be judged on its merit.

Members should have a choice how they grieve or remember people as long as its respectful and not insulting or against TOS, /members had a choice and I said what was happening and what will happen. But this wll not happen. We dont want it, developers dont want it as well. More drama, less fun. Less fun, less motivation to play 3dx. Do you know how many people leaved the game bacuse of drama?

Other members bad behaviours in the past have been dealt with by the Mods at the time presumably. 

Four years on, others are then penalised for their bad behaviour? /no. you just didn`t read the rules. 

I will argue I have a right to post as long as its not derogatory or insulting to anyone. 

There have been a lot worst topics here and there is nothing wrong with the content of the topic in question if dealt with respectfully, The title clearly states what it is so can easily be skipped ove rfor anyone who did not like this type of topic or is opposed to them.

In fact, maybe a separate section can be made so opposing members can skip completely. /how will we skip it complitely?

You friend died, guys. And after all what are you trying to do in the game? He died in real life, but you trying to fight the system, make a revolution or what? And why? Are you looking to the future to make a place on the 3dxchat forum for the next death announcement?

No revolution.

We just wanted to grieve and pay tribute and respects.

Please ignore the topic if it offends you so.

Does someone says that this subject offends us? We didn`t say like that, don't try to mislead people around and change the word "offend" to  words "dont be a fool" or a word "sad" . By your action, you showed to us who you are. You have got all opinions, information about why we dont want death news, but you staying on your desires like you didn`t see all of that. It was your mistake, and if in the future death announcements come back into fashion(also fakes), it will be on your conscience and on the conscience of the one who gives the green light(waves to devs).

How can you say you respect other members views.

In fact you are being insistent that others should respect your view over everyone elses 

Shanti created this thread because there were so many threads being posted about deaths, lots of which later were shown to be lies.

I don't know if this one is true or not and that is the problem, we have no way of knowing for sure on any of these death threads.

You say it has been verified by 3 people and a police report, but what you need to realise is that it can still be lies, I don't know those 3 people, and even if I did there is no way I could guarantee what they said is true, I haven't seen any police report.

What makes you feel you have the right to decide if this one is ok or not, who do you think you are, what puts you above everyone else in the forum that you feel should allow you to do what the majority have so clearly shown is not wanted.

Funny how you are now saying that people can just choose not to read when your view on that was completely the opposite when it suited you not to long ago.

YOU mentioned it first not I, which is why I addressed it.  I do have the caller ID from the police department call if you would like to see that. I am sure the second person who had also called and received a call back could share her caller ID as well.  How about the Go Fund Me page which we have not shared as we DO respect the TOS.

We have only been here a bit less than 18 months.  We have not read back on every single post made and this post originated in 2015.  Poll or not it was NOT made part of the TOS, as those we have both read.  So we did not violate anything stipulated by the game.  I'd be curious to know how many of those who voted NO are still playing.  Does not matter.  Fact remains we broke no law and we had plenty of people make grieving comments on the topic.

You compare trolls making racist comments and attacking rape victims to a separate topic that does not impact you, your topics or your posts in the least.  This is not a personal attack on you.  You dear have made a very personal attack on us, our grief, our topic and the memory of a very popular member of the 3DX Community.

So until you can provide concrete proof that this is a 'false death' I ask that If you cannot have respect for the grieving try to have respect for the DEAD.

YOU mentioned it first not I, which is why I addressed it.  I do have the caller ID from the police department call if you would like to see that. I am sure the second person who had also called and received a call back could share her caller ID as well.  How about the Go Fund Me page which we have not shared as we DO respect the TOS.

We have only been here a bit less than 18 months.  We have not read back on every single post made and this post originated in 2015.  Poll or not it was NOT made part of the TOS, as those we have both read.  So we did not violate anything stipulated by the game.  I'd be curious to know how many of those who voted NO are still playing.  Does not matter.  Fact remains we broke no law and we had plenty of people make grieving comments on the topic.

You compare trolls making racist comments and attacking rape victims to a separate topic that does not impact you, your topics or your posts in the least.  This is not a personal attack on you.  You dear have made a very personal attack on us, our grief, our topic and the memory of a very popular member of the 3DX Community.

So until you can provide concrete proof that this is a 'false death' I ask that If you cannot have respect for the grieving try to have respect for the DEAD.

Firstly the post of mine you quoted in yours was not even addressed to you, it was addressed to Vaughan in response to what he had said in a post I responded to.

One where I feel after saying he respects other peoples opinions he then went on to show he did not.

I had no idea who the 3 people were he referred to and who or how the police report was brought about.

The thing is that doesn't matter in relation to what I am talking about, which is the point you still seem to not want to consider.

I have not attacked you in any way, nor have I in any way not respected your grief.

I have explained why these threads always get the reaction they do and even said that the people that get most hurt are the people that are grieving.

So again I will make the same point.

When these death threads a made, they always say they have proof and there is no way without going to extremes to verify it.

You may be telling the truth here, and if you really want my opinion I believe you are, but like everyone else who does not know you, who has not seen the things you have, it becomes only our opinion.

Others will have different opinions, some will choose not to believe you and that is the problem.

When ever these death threads come up the same thing always happens.

And you feeling hurt is actually proof of that.

Every single death thread that has appeared in these forums has either gained arguments in that thread or caused arguments in other threads, where even if the death is true or not the people who are grieving get hurt.

I myself have never once gone in any of the threads and tried to declare it was all lies, but I have seen many do that.

I have also seen where some have been proven to be lies.

So where at first, like when this thread was first created I did not agree, I do agree now and have for some time they should not be allowed.

Reason being they always result in the same thing.

As for respecting others.

This subject has come up many times, not just in this thread, but in almost every death thread that was created and removed and there has been others since this thread was made.

As the poll shows in this thread the majority of people do not want them allowed, and the majority of people do respect that.

Even after finding this thread Vaughan decided to challenge it and it now looks like you are to.

Which would be fine, except for the way you are going about it.

Try for once thinking about what is being said.

You both agree that the false death threads are so wrong, but don't want to accept there is no way of being able to tell which are real and which are not.

You both don't want to see that the threads always get negative responses that cause people to get upset when they at minimum believe they have just lost a friend and are grieving.

You both don't seem to want to see that by allowing any to go ahead will open the door to anyone who wants to fake deaths doing threads.

All you are seeing is what you want and not respecting what the majority want.

post-20104-0-05643000-1559104234_thumb.pngOK My turn, and although a lot of you may disagree. I am a pretty good person to speak on this as i founded (in another platform) The first ever in world Memorial. i operated it 8 years and Memorialized over 450 Avatars. Some of which i am sure faked or left, but a lot where also actually real.. i think those that think a lot of these are fake might be partial. some are fake, but just like in real life one of the main reasons for it is  remembering, but also a place to grieve for those left behind. So for me whether the person faked or not is really irrelevant. Those left should still be able to post comments,make remembrances etc. yeah its a sex game, but there are real people with real feelings behind the avatar, and not just a sex game to everyone..its another community of friends. You certainly don't have to agree, but to just not allow would be a huge loss for those that need to grieve, and as a place to Memorialize those gone on before us.. i hope people let my friends know when My time comes. No worse feeling then being close to someone even from afar, and they just disappear. If you doubt Google Remembering Our Friends Memorial. There are still videos out there that people made explaining how it was a real help to them....not looking for any kind of personal pats on back, but felt need to share because this is something i had first hand experience with, and it was one of the most meaningful things to me personally i have ever done in almost 16 years in Virtual platforms.   DJMikeBurleigh

I personally chose to believe that he died, and I dont need any proof to believe that, because thats what people have told me, and I assume its true until its proven its not. Twiggy is basically right about what she is saying about hard proof. I would even go a step further, and say things like police reports, or really any proof that people can provide could be easily faked. Just as an example of that in real life fake ids are common. The obituary is full of death reports, and cemeteries are full of fresh graves as long as people play anonymously how can we say if someone who died in real life is really the same person who was playing 3DX?. Having said that I am sure that would require a degree of malevolence that doesn't exist in this case. It honestly isn't clear how much it matters in most cases. In a sense what people believe to be true in a game like this is basically true to them like Mike said. If these types of threads become common though I hope they will be in a separate section of the forum.

This is a sensitive topic and it's very difficult to come out with a viewpoint on it without being accused of being exploitative or simply cold and unfeeling.  I'm going to attempt to give a fairly unbiased viewpoint based upon my experiences.  These experiences are both from my career as well as being in online communities for the past 20 years.

I would like to be clear that I am not making any judgement whatsoever regarding the facts of this situation that has brought this thread to the forefront again.

A point was made earlier that perhaps things had changed for the better in the past 4 years and such announcements would be more welcome, perhaps even responsible.

The internet has not changed for the better in 4 years.  People that choose to social engineer or simply have different variations of Munchausen by Internet have not lessened their activities.  Over the past 20 years I have seen more than my share of fake deaths, and manipulated false claims.  They are not always done with malicious intent.  Some are, yes, but most are simple game situations that grew to an unmanageable level.  A lie that became too big and needed to end. 

A notable example that I had experience with involved an individual who became quite respected and had many friends.  Over the course of a year this individual slowly cultivated a narrative in which she spun a tale in which she became increasingly worried about cyber security.  Due to my career she often would ask me about "Blue Pill" (an older virtual rootkit that essentially can intercept every activity on a person's computer) and slowly began to state that she believed she was being "watched".  This narrative was repeated to many different people in the same community and spread out for months.  It escalated to her being "left" notes that assured her that nefarious individuals had access to her computer.  Eventually she moved this up to saying the notes were stating to her "keep an eye on your cat", in reference to her beloved cat.  She lived alone.  She would constantly ask me the likelihood that someone could know all of this.  Eventually her cat was murdered and a month later she supposedly died as well, under suspicious circumstances.  This was "confirmed" by another "friend" of hers that for some reason had access to her computer after she passed and decided to send along messages to her online friends and communities regarding the sad developments.  This warranted the administrators to make a call to law enforcement (both local and federal) and ultimately it was determined (and admitted to) that this person was actually several people, including the "informing" friend as well as other individuals.  It was quite intricate and went on for months and months.  Ultimately, she admitted she was lonely and started it all out of boredom and never meant it to go that far.  But she needed to "see it through and end it".

(I could give another example of an online husband and wife where the wife was supposedly diagnosed with a very rare brain cancer and didn't expect to live 3 months.  Yet 7 years later the person is still around.  When I asked the hubby how his wife was, he looked puzzled as hell at my question.  Then when I reminded him of the cancer she was very sick with he said "ohhh yes that.  misdiagnosis.  she's fine now.")

That example was more the exception than the rule.  Most of the time fake deaths that I encountered were nowhere near as intricately involved, but usually had something to do with a bad breakup (and wanting the other person to feel bad), or trying to boost another avi's (run by the same person) popularity.  Some simply just needed to "kill" off their avi's and move on and wanted to see the love given.

Even if the intent isn't malicious, and is based upon some insecurity or mental illness, those actions hurt the individuals that grieve.  And like Twiggy said, 99.999% of the time the standard user can never truly verify what is and isn't true.  You just can't.  In my example above, that person had multiple people "verify" what had happened.  It turned out all those people were the same person.  Sometimes it's groups of people in on it.

If all this sounds paranoid to you, i'm envious...lol.  There are some very dark corners of the web (try 4chan and 8chan) in which this stuff is just minor.  There is far worse out there than this.  

But for every true passing, there are probably an equal number if not more that are faked.  Even the true ones, I *felt* to be true as I had known them for years.  I think the truth is that more real deaths occur silently by people just vanishing from their internet worlds.  Nobody knowing and nobody there to pass it along.

Again, these are just my thoughts based upon experience and are no judgement whatsoever on Shovelhead and his passing.  I simply don't know and don't think anyone should expend unreasonable resources to attempt to find out.

However, I would hate to see fake death announcements become a thing that would lessen the memories of those truly fallen (like perhaps Shovelhead), and my opinion is that if the door is left open, that is what will happen.  It's sadly just the way the internet is.  It doesn't always have to be malicious, but sometimes it is.

There was in no way mention of this being added to the actual rules of the forum, and calling it downright censorship is quite the overstatement, since the whole purpose of this poll was to give the decision to the community itself.

As mentionned, death is a delicate matter. Having it on a forum like this one, takes away from the purpose and the grief, and leaves the door open for suspicions and trolling. Then "if" proved to be wrong, it creates a whole sense of anger and uneasiness to all aware of the situation or the ones coming accross these posts. In that case, would it fall into an abuse category ?

Many fallouts on the subject are still going on within the community, which is why it was requested not to post any names or specific situations in here, and also the reason that prompted this poll.

In my personal opinion, I'd  say that I'd prefer to be warned of a death privately, than stumble upon a public topic randomly.

With 101 votes in favor against 15,  the decision has been validated.

As of today, and accordingly to this poll, all new death announcement topics will be deleted from the forum, and previously existing ones will be locked to prevent further comments.

Apologies go to the people who didn't want to lose this option.

Thanks you all for your votes and involvement.

:)

This thread did not have a post since 2015 until this post in 2019 where users of 2019 won't know about this thread because it's from 2015 and who is going to look for it as it's never been an actual forum rule.

Just a little reminder.

Hope we won't see this old fashion back from the dead (yeah i know i'm funny :P).

I glad that this discussion is not aggressive. It is 4 years I didn`t post any death announcement because of old rule. Today I have many to post while this rule is not working. Keep it going.

I've been on here since 2015 and even with a break never heard of old rule.  Only this thread which is from 2015 which I can tell you most of the players that were on at that time have left only to pop on here maybe once in a while if that, some don't come on at all.  I have the rules from 2015 and the current ones.  There is only this poll regarding it as you can see from the above quotes.  If this topic was so important back then, it should have been pinned and left there for all future users to be able to see no matter when they join.

If you're going to say about mourning the death of someone on here then you may as well not mourn any death at all on here.  I say this because there are tributes all over the game and forum for people that have passed.  As cold as it sounds, don't allow it at all for any death no matter who it is and don't allow tributes that are done for them even a year later and so on.  That way it's the same for everyone even those who are famous like Michael Jackson, Prince, Princess Diana, Dori Day, Mac Miller, Aretha Franklin, Kate Spade, Stan Lee, Avicii and so on.  The reason I say this, I was told about the person that claimed to be the drummer for Prince who actually was nothing but an attention whore who claimed to be that actual person over several platforms, which is truly sickening.

I'm a live and let live kinda girl. If something doesn't force it's impact on to me..or anyone else ( or break laws/rules of course), I say do as you wish. As I can not read what I don't want to here, and I can choose not be impacted in the slightest, I say do as you wish.

I have 2 points I'd like to raise..

First..the fear I see here is that people will fake deaths? Yes they will, I've seen it and the people who do this are despicable in my opinion. However this is the internet, people fake everything! Should no one be allowed to talk about their pregnancies, because we as Anonymous users can't verify this? Should I not be allowed to state I'm a woman or that I'm blonde, or that I have lots of dogs? Since none of this is openly verified. When you start censorship, it never ends there where it was started. Never

The second is just a diff perspective..

I have spoken before about a young lady that I met online. I've spoken of her online marriage, and how it was special to all of us because it was the only one she would ever experience. She was 19 and dying of cancer. She lived her life online as it was the only one she had, and when she passed it was that life she hoped would notice. I noticed, and I mourned. I still mourn all these years later. Having memorials to her in world, at a sex den known as dirty deeds ( it was the place she smiled most) is exactly what she would have wanted. It was her that I thought about when I did these things. It was her death, not her rl family, not anyone but her. And myself. I was hurting, I wanted to express how much she meant to me, even online. She was the daughter I never had, she was someone who knew me better than anyone else, I wanted to celebrate her life and the impact she made on everyone around her. If you are of the opinion that your close friends dont know what you would have wanted, I suggest better friends. Losing someone and grieving are hard, do what helps you get through it, and forget what anyone else has to say about it. I did, and would again.

And yes, before anyone asks, I know this death to be real. Her family was as Wonderful as her. They set up Skype so that some of us could celebrate her life one last time at her rl funeral.

Twiggy pointed it out.

If you once cried for a fake death member you don't want to read death messages again. Just to let you know my background.

Further: so somebody saw the police report? I guess it is not only in Germany true, that this kind of document is only shared with family members.

So how anybody can be sure if it is true or not?

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1691-death-announcements/?p=343402

I'm putting this here again so that it's understood that it is NOT a rule on the forum or in game.  It was a poll done to see who wants it and who don't back in 2015 but there has been nothing on the thread since then.  If you don't like it, don't comment, don't look and don't care, it's that simple.

If deaths are that much of an issue then don't allow the tributes at all for anyone's death, problem solved.

Twiggy pointed it out.

If you once cried for a fake death member you don't want to read death messages again. Just to let you know my background.

Further: so somebody saw the police report? I guess it is not only in Germany true, that this kind of document is only shared with family members.

So how anybody can be sure if it is true or not?

You can't be sure. It's the internet, are you ever sure of anything you read here? Even knowing that, I disagree here. I have suffered at the hands of fakes. I would still not choose to miss the opportunity to mourn a real loss. Nor would I welcome censorship as a form if protection.

I'm putting this here again so that it's understood that it is NOT a rule on the forum or in game.  It was a poll done to see who wants it and who don't back in 2015 but there has been nothing on the thread since then.  If you don't like it, don't comment, don't look and don't care, it's that simple.

If deaths are that much of an issue then don't allow the tributes at all for anyone's death, problem solved.

It was a rule.

Of course it was a rule the mods were following in regards to these types of post. If it wasnt then the thread wouldn't have been taken down in the first place, but it seems like its no longer a rule. I doesn't really matter what anyone other then the mods think about it either, and they don't need to post all the rules they follow those seem to be more like guidelines anyways.

It seems that some seem to think there is no harm really done with these posts, like it is just that we all don't want to see them in here.

I have already pointed out some of the harm it does, where the posts always see the same thing happening where people do not believe it to be true and grieving people get hurt.

And that even if it is not true there are still grieving people who get hurt.

But one thing that people do not seem to be thinking much about is how it effects the people that have gone through grieving just to find out it was all for nothing.

How do you think they feel, have you considered the hurt they must feel when they find out it was all a lie?

I for one still feel convinced it should not be allowed.

People who experience a friend in the game passing away can find ways to let others know, they can find ways to do their grieving without having to post it in the forum.

But if they are allowed to be posted in the forum then there is no way anyone can prevent the fake ones from being posted.

We can't stop the fake ones from happening in the game, but we can stop them from being made worse by stopping posts in the forum.

It was a rule.

Of course it was a rule the mods were following in regards to these types of post. If it wasnt then the thread wouldn't have been taken down in the first place, but it seems like its no longer a rule. I doesn't really matter what anyone other then the mods think about it either, and they don't need to post all the rules they follow those seem to be more like guidelines anyways.

I will refer you to my post again as I clearly show it was never an actual rule, it was one that the mods at the time would just delete the thread but as Shanti stated it was never a rule just something the members wanted as they voted on it.  The Mods did it but it was never an actual rule for posting in the forum and never has been.  As you can clearly see what Shanti wrote who was a Mod at the time that the Mods would take it upon themselves to remove the threads but was never an actual rule that was put in place by the devs.

Well show me another death thread that the mods didn't delete in the last four years, and I'll believe that it wasn't a rule, I honestly don't know if they have been enforcing it or not. As far as I am concerned though it was a forum rule if the mods have constantly enforced it for the last four years. It doesn't really matter if it was in the actual forum rules or not from the point of view of a forum user now does it?

My opinion on this hasn't changed after going through the latest pages. For me it's still a private matter to be taken with a pinch of salt when broadcasted on such platforms. So I won't try to get into a debate about it with anyone or try to change anyone's mind. To each their own.

Just wanted to point out something, as a then mod, since it is being brought up. Indeed this was never added to the actual rules but it was certainly a common agreement between members and moderators. As far as Gizmo is concerned, he was also notified of it, and saw no reason to object it. So from that point forward all death announcements were immediately removed up until the moment the last of the 4 mods left (Achilles, Ash, Skar and myself). It may not have been an "official" rule, but it was certainly a common agreement that was enforced. And there sure were a lot to remove. After the last of us left, I cannot say.
The initial rules of the forum were written by a game member mod as well, and then in 2015 another mod corrected and rearranged them for gizmo to repost. So gizmo did trust his mods, and from there it's nothing but a simple step to add them to the rules, had we then thought was needed.
I'll also say that I don't quite see that trend around as it used to be, at least in an open fashion. Or they just get reported and removed quickly (lol), before my eyes get to them since I don't roam this forum as much I used to. God knows who actually mods this forum now and how, but that's a whole other endless discussion lol.