3DXChat Community

Shanti

Merging Topics  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want similar topics to be merged, regardless of the mentionned consequences

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes - Only for the "Off Topics" and "Art & Images (the picture topics)"
    • I don't care ^^

Hey,

The forum has several double topics, triple, sometimes more.  Do you wish to have them merged as one when it's the case ?

Before taking this action, wanted your opinions on the matter, since it has some consequences.

Consequences :

1/ You may not be the Original Poster anymore, topics are merged into the oldest one (time and date)

2/ When merged, comments are integrated in oldest topic chronologically by time/date, which will lead to discussions being cut off, and eventually look a bit messy.

Will let this up for a while, and proceed according to the outcome. :)

Let the purging begin but remember with great power comes great responsibility  :P

Personally I trust Shanti's good judgement on a tender touch of the myriad redundant topics flooding this forum and we can still burn her later just in case  :ph34r:.

I'm sure it's a good idea. A good forum needs some moderation and that includes merging similar topics. I think it's worth a try. Now Shanti it*s your turn to get into the hot water. ;)

I think the decision will not be easy sometimes. And there will be the usual rumblings, but I think in the end it is to everyone's benefit.

I think it should be a case by case decision, depending on the contents and how the discussion is handled on each duplicate. Some topics will be hard to merge indeed.

Agreed, will need to be talked on, which ones will be decided to be merged and which ones not. :) I am sure we can come up with something to help us identify which ones are indeed similar and what are not. :)